homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Miscellaneous questions of a liturgical nature (Page 0)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  ...  21  22  23 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Miscellaneous questions of a liturgical nature
Basilica
Shipmate
# 16965

- Posted      Profile for Basilica   Email Basilica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by MSHB:
My particular puzzle, though, concerns Morning and Evening Prayer: why do they provide a Concluding Prayer for 2 January in Christmastide when you should always use the Concluding Prayer from the Proper for St B and ST GN on that day (or else the Concluding Prayer from some other celebration, like a saint in a particular calendar or - on a Sunday - the Concluding Prayer from the Second Sunday after Christmas)?

This has me stumped.

Perhaps it allows for transferring the feast day to a Sunday for a patronal festival? Do patronal festivals get transferred in the Catholic Church?
MSHB
Shipmate
# 9228

- Posted      Profile for MSHB   Email MSHB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Basilica:
quote:
Originally posted by MSHB:
My particular puzzle, though, concerns Morning and Evening Prayer: why do they provide a Concluding Prayer for 2 January in Christmastide when you should always use the Concluding Prayer from the Proper for St B and ST GN on that day (or else the Concluding Prayer from some other celebration, like a saint in a particular calendar or - on a Sunday - the Concluding Prayer from the Second Sunday after Christmas)?

This has me stumped.

Perhaps it allows for transferring the feast day to a Sunday for a patronal festival? Do patronal festivals get transferred in the Catholic Church?
That's an interesting thought.

As far as I can see, being the "Titular of one's own church" (=patronal festival?) would plausibly elevate the saints' day to a solemnity, and that would take precedence over a Sunday in Christmastide.

I haven't found any indication that it could be transferred to another day, such that the ordinary 2 January would be celebrated instead, but Epiphany is often transferred to Sunday, so maybe it is customary for some other solemnities to be transferred in a similar fashion. This is not a subject I know much about. I only have the book with Morning and Evening Prayer and the rules provided in the introduction and calendar.

The possibility of the saints' day being celebrated on (transferred to) another date, such as you have suggested, is the only solution I can see at present.

--------------------
MSHB: Member of the Shire Hobbit Brigade

Posts: 1522 | From: Dharawal Country | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ceremoniar
Shipmate
# 13596

- Posted      Profile for Ceremoniar   Email Ceremoniar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
New Year = time for a new miscellaneous thread, no? [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]
Posts: 1240 | From: U.S. | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged
Clotilde
Shipmate
# 17600

- Posted      Profile for Clotilde     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A quick question sparked off in my mind by Forthview's questions about Pope Francis.

Is it 'allowed' for a cantor to sing the Eucharistic preface if a priest can't sing?

I know in Cathedrals of the Church of England lay people sing the priest's part in Evensong if the priest can't. Does that happen at the Eucharist?

--------------------
A witness of female resistance

Posts: 159 | From: A man's world | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged
Ceremoniar
Shipmate
# 13596

- Posted      Profile for Ceremoniar   Email Ceremoniar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Clotilde:
A quick question sparked off in my mind by Forthview's questions about Pope Francis.

Is it 'allowed' for a cantor to sing the Eucharistic preface if a priest can't sing?

I know in Cathedrals of the Church of England lay people sing the priest's part in Evensong if the priest can't. Does that happen at the Eucharist?

Nope. Certainly from a Catholic perspective, it cannot be done, as the preface is a priestly prayer. It is part of the action of the anaphora.
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
No - the 'preface' may suggest that it comes BEFORE the Eucharistic Prayer but it is actually PART OF the Eucharistic prayer and is, therefore, reserved for the celebrant, who must be a priest.

(And I am not too keen on cathedrals giving the preces and versicles to a cantor for that matter, though that is a minor issue. If our director of music chooses some that are difficult to sing, i insist that he teaches me how to sing them)

[ 02. January 2014, 16:27: Message edited by: leo ]

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Clotilde
Shipmate
# 17600

- Posted      Profile for Clotilde     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I see. Its interesting that Pope Francis has delegated part of the Eucharistic prayer to someone who is not the celebrant - at the beginning, so it can be sung.

Having said which I don't suppose the church would fall down if a cantor sang the bits the priest couldn't - the priest could mime them!

--------------------

leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
I see. Its interesting that Pope Francis has delegated part of the Eucharistic prayer to someone who is not the celebrant - at the beginning, so it can be sung.

Having said which I don't suppose the church would fall down if a cantor sang the bits the priest couldn't - the priest could mime them!

BUT it was delegated to another priest who was concelebrating.

As for the other, the church might not fall down but the mass would be invalid.

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/

Ceremoniar
Shipmate
# 13596

quote:

When and where was this?
stonespring
Shipmate
# 15530

- Posted      Profile for stonespring     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by leo:
quote:

Is a Mass conducted in sign language invalid? Does a deaf and mute priest who is principal celebrant need to have another concelebrating priest say the EP out loud while he signs in order for the Mass to be valid?
Fr Weber
Shipmate
# 13472

- Posted      Profile for Fr Weber   Email Fr Weber   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by stonespring:
Is a Mass conducted in sign language invalid? Does a deaf and mute priest who is principal celebrant need to have another concelebrating priest say the EP out loud while he signs in order for the Mass to be valid?

I can't imagine a mute man being accepted as a candidate for priesthood in the RCC, let alone being ordained. I'd guess that a priest who has lost the ability to speak might be able to say a valid Mass, since all that's really required is that the mouth form the words.

Tangent : many clergy don't realize that the canonical requirement to read the daily office is not fulfilled by merely scanning the book with the eyes. The mouth must move, even if no phonation is involved.

--------------------
"The Eucharist is not a play, and you're not Jesus."

--Sr Theresa Koernke, IHM

Posts: 2512 | From: Oakland, CA | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged
Clotilde
Shipmate
# 17600

quote:
quote:

Invalid by some church's rules, I suppose.
Irregular by some other churches' rules.

And OK by some others - would be, I suggest, the situation.
[Smile]

leo
Shipmate
# 1458

quote:
quote:
quote:

No, not at all. The Chaplaincy to the hard of hearing regularly did a mass in my former church.

--------------------

leo
Shipmate
# 1458

quote:
quote:
quote:

Invalid by some church's rules, I suppose.
Irregular by some other churches' rules.

And OK by some others - would be, I suggest, the situation.
[Smile]

Not mere 'rules' - it is about the theology of the Eucharist and RCs, Orthodoxen and Anglicans all insist that only an episcopally ordained priest may confect the eucharist.

Regarding saying versus singing - singing is an aesthetic matter and is not very important compared with the necessity of a priest.

--------------------

Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

- Posted      Profile for Adam.   Author's homepage   Email Adam.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Fr Weber:

Tangent : many clergy don't realize that the canonical requirement to read the daily office is not fulfilled by merely scanning the book with the eyes. The mouth must move, even if no phonation is involved.

Do you have a source for that? I've seen at least one archbishop get part of his office in by reading it without any mouth motion.

The relevant part of the Code is

quote:
Canon 276.3:
Priests, and deacons aspiring to the priesthood, are obliged to carry out the liturgy of the hours daily, in accordance with their own approved liturgical books

I don't see any reason why a requirement to "carry out" (persolvendi, "render") couldn't be met by silent reading.

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Posts: 8164 | From: Notre Dame, IN | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Clotilde
Shipmate
# 17600

quote:

Invalid by some church's rules, I suppose. Irregular by some other churches' rules. And OK by some others - would be, I suggest, the situation.
[Smile]
quote:
Not mere 'rules' - it is about the theology of the Eucharist and RCs, Orthodoxen and Anglicans all insist that only an episcopally ordained priest may confect the eucharist.

Regarding saying versus singing - singing is an aesthetic matter and is not very important compared with the necessity of a priest.

But in certain circumstances I am sure churches would kindly allow for flexibility, Leo.

[Edited to fix code -- sorry, I couldn't stand looking at all the coding errors.]

[ 04. January 2014, 13:22: Message edited by: Amanda B. Reckondwythe ]

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Hart:
I don't see any reason why a requirement to "carry out" (persolvendi, "render") couldn't be met by silent reading.

Silent reading, yes, but silently gazing at the page without making any effort to comprehend, no.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

quote:

But in certain circumstances I am sure churches would kindly allow for flexibility, Leo.
[/QB][/QUOTE]
Not unless they wish to break canon law or if they have no theology of ordination.

The sort of churches that have singing as part of the liturgy are unlikely to be of this sort.

--------------------

Clotilde
Shipmate
# 17600

I beg to differ, Leo. So many churches break Canon law you know. Lots of Anglo Catholic churches do, and evangelical ones too.

Maybe if the priest recited the Eucharist prayer preface very softly in a whisper (moving his or her lips, of course!) while a Cantor sung on top that would satisfy liturgical purists!

venbede
Shipmate
# 16669

- Posted      Profile for venbede   Email venbede   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I really don't know what to say. The priest's job is to say/sing the Eucharistic prayer, including the preface. By virtue of the priest's ordination, the congregation is part of the wider church throughout history and space. That is not a pedantic detail of Canon Law. It is universal catholic practice.

Maybe the priest isn't very good looking. Why not hire a model to go through the service while the plain, over weight priest stays in the vestry and murmurs her/his part simultaneously?

--------------------
Man was made for joy and woe;
And when this we rightly know,
Thro' the world we safely go.

Posts: 3201 | From: An historic market town nestling in the folds of Surrey's rolling North Downs, | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Mockingbird

Mimus polyglottos navis
# 5818

- Posted      Profile for Mockingbird   Author's homepage   Email Mockingbird   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by venbede:
By virtue of the priest's ordination, the congregation is part of the wider church throughout history and space.

It is by virtue of their baptism that "the congregation is part of the wider church throughout history and space." The eucharistic president does not make us Christians. Rather, we choose fellow-Christians for the eucharistic presidency.

--------------------
Forþon we sealon efestan þas Easterlican þing to asmeagenne and to gehealdanne, þaet we magon cuman to þam Easterlican daege, þe aa byð, mid fullum glaedscipe and wynsumnysse and ecere blisse.

Posts: 1443 | From: Between Broken Bow and Black Mesa | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Vade Mecum
Shipmate
# 17688

- Posted      Profile for Vade Mecum     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mockingbird:
quote:
By virtue of the priest's ordination, the congregation is part of the wider church throughout history and space.

It is by virtue of their baptism that "the congregation is part of the wider church throughout history and space." The eucharistic president does not make us Christians. Rather, we choose fellow-Christians for the eucharistic presidency.
But it is the Mass which makes us part of the Church, for it is the great Sacrament of com-union, and without the ordained priest, there is no Mass.

--------------------
I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

Posts: 307 | From: North London | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

quote:
I beg to differ, Leo. So many churches break Canon law you know. Lots of Anglo Catholic churches do, and evangelical ones too.

Maybe if the priest recited the Eucharist prayer preface very softly in a whisper (moving his or her lips, of course!) while a Cantor sung on top that would satisfy liturgical purists!

I give up on this one.

You seem to want liturgy that looks and sounds pretty rather than one which is valid.

The main difference seems to be protestantism with window dressing versus catholicism as praticed by the majority.

If i wanted be a rigid liturgical purist, i could point out objections to a lay cantor singing the priest's part at Choral Evensong, as is increasingly cathedral practice - 'The Lord be with you' isn't some sort of liturgy-speak for 'best wishes' but is a priestly blessing and should not/cannot be imparted by a layman/woman.

--------------------

Ceremoniar
Shipmate
# 13596

quote:

Ritual Notes states:

"it must also be pointed out that, in reading the Office," the words must actually be formed with the lips; if it is to be recited, even though soundlessly, and not read to oneself, as one would a book." (p. 233, 1964 ed.)

Naturally, this has its origins in RC liturgical law and practice.

venbede
Shipmate
# 16669

- Posted      Profile for venbede   Email venbede   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mockingbird:
quote:

O, I utterly agree that baptism makes us Christians and part of the High Priestly people of God. But in order for a congregation to be more than local, they need an ordained priest, representing the wider church. (Obviously lots of members here have a different theology of ministry.)

Leo won't like me saying this, but lay readers dressed up in a deacon's vestments when they are not in deacon's order, isn't much different from what is suggested, although comparatively harmless.

[ 04. January 2014, 20:32: Message edited by: venbede ]

--------------------

Posts: 3201 | From: An historic market town nestling in the folds of Surrey's rolling North Downs, | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

quote:
Leo won't like me saying this, but lay readers dressed up in a deacon's vestments when they are not in deacon's order, isn't much different from what is suggested, although comparatively harmless.

I DO like what you're saying and used to object when asked to dress thus. I still grab a tunicle rather than a dalmatic because 'lay subdeacons' has some precedent.

Common Worship allows for readers to act as deacons and that muddies the waters a bit.

--------------------

venbede
Shipmate
# 16669

Thank you, leo.

--------------------

stonespring
Shipmate
# 15530

- Posted      Profile for stonespring     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:

I give up on this one.

You seem to want liturgy that looks and sounds pretty rather than one which is valid.

The main difference seems to be protestantism with window dressing versus catholicism as praticed by the majority.

If i wanted be a rigid liturgical purist, i could point out objections to a lay cantor singing the priest's part at Choral Evensong, as is increasingly cathedral practice - 'The Lord be with you' isn't some sort of liturgy-speak for 'best wishes' but is a priestly blessing and should not/cannot be imparted by a layman/woman.

Wasn't it somewhat of a traditional Anglican thing at least at one time in some places to have the choir sing "The Lord be with you. / And with thy spirit." - by themselves while the congregation stays quiet? Didn't composers write music for choir for these and other verses that did not envision the congregation or the priest/minister taking part at all?
Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

- Posted      Profile for Adam.   Author's homepage   Email Adam.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
When I was in an Anglican Evensong choir, our chaplain would always sing the versicles and the choir would sing the responses. The people were indeed left out, but not the chaplain. She would do this every week even when we had a guest preacher (which was most weeks).

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

venbede
Shipmate
# 16669

Presumably she knew the music and could sing and she didn't know a guest would. And even when there was a guest preacher, she was the priest of the congregation and so it would be symbolically more appropriate for her to sing irrespective of her musical talent.

Of course there are settings for choir of congregational parts of the mass. The choir is part of the congregation. Having singers sing a priest's part is quite different.

--------------------

venbede
Shipmate
# 16669

And as an Anglican layman, I don't feel "left out" if a choir sings the congregational response. It's rather flattering to think I have these talented representatives working on my behalf.

--------------------

Ceremoniar
Shipmate
# 13596

Are we getting a new miscellaneous thread for the new year? [Confused]

[ 06. January 2014, 17:37: Message edited by: Ceremoniar ]

Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

Yes, I should have scare-quoted "left out." I didn't mean it in a pejorative sense.

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Oblatus
Shipmate
# 6278

- Posted      Profile for Oblatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Wasn't it somewhat of a traditional Anglican thing at least at one time in some places to have the choir sing "The Lord be with you. / And with thy spirit." - by themselves while the congregation stays quiet? Didn't composers write music for choir for these and other verses that did not envision the congregation or the priest/minister taking part at all? [/QB]
Yes...Preces and Responses (or just referred to as Responses, such as "Responses: Smith of Durham."

Imagine singing a 1662 Evensong, presupposing the choir singing everything alone except a hymn, and having the congregation try to join in on everything. This happened when I sang in such an evensong at a diocesan convention. Would have helped if the person responsible for the service sheet had made that clearer and hadn't boldfaced the choir's responses. [Ultra confused] It was somewhat surreal.

leo
Shipmate
# 1458

quote:
quote:
quote:

I give up on this one.

Wasn't it somewhat of a traditional Anglican thing at least at one time in some places to have the choir sing "The Lord be with you. / And with thy spirit." - by themselves while the congregation stays quiet? Didn't composers write music for choir for these and other verses that did not envision the congregation or the priest/minister taking part at all?
Yes and no! If you look at the score, it says 'priest' and 'Choir.

Not 'any old lay person.'

--------------------

AndyB
Shipmate
# 10186

- Posted      Profile for AndyB   Author's homepage   Email AndyB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
On the other hand, until 1662 the entire Gloria Patri and "Praise ye the Lord" (without the response "The Lord's name be praised") was to be read by the Priest and the lesser Litany was to be read by the Minister (Priest before 1559) - many choral settings of Matins and Evensong from this period delegate all of this to the Choir.

I'm unaware of any examples like "The Lord be with you."

[ 07. January 2014, 10:01: Message edited by: AndyB ]

Posts: 149 | From: Belfast | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ceremoniar:
Are we getting a new miscellaneous thread for the new year? [Confused]

Why, we're not even up to #1200 yet [Razz]

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Carys

Ship's Celticist
# 78

- Posted      Profile for Carys   Email Carys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
If someone told you they'd be in contact 'in the New Year, when the Advent, Christmas & Epiphany seasons are over', when would you expect to hear from them?

Eccles seemed to be a place where people would have opinions on this!

Carys

--------------------
O Lord, you have searched me and know me
You know when I sit and when I rise

Posts: 6896 | From: Bryste mwy na thebyg | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

- Posted      Profile for Albertus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The New Year? Next Advent, surely? [Smile]

--------------------
My beard is a testament to my masculinity and virility, and demonstrates that I am a real man. Trouble is, bits of quiche sometimes get caught in it.

Posts: 6498 | From: Y Sowth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Vade Mecum
Shipmate
# 17688

- Posted      Profile for Vade Mecum     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Carys:
If someone told you they'd be in contact 'in the New Year, when the Advent, Christmas & Epiphany seasons are over', when would you expect to hear from them?

Eccles seemed to be a place where people would have opinions on this!

Carys

After the 25th of March, naturally.

--------------------
I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

Posts: 307 | From: North London | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged
Enoch
Shipmate
# 14322

- Posted      Profile for Enoch   Email Enoch   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I would have thought you should expect a call on the 3rd of February.

--------------------
Brexit wrexit - Sir Graham Watson

Posts: 7610 | From: Bristol UK(was European Green Capital 2015, now Ljubljana) | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
venbede
Shipmate
# 16669

If they are RC, Ordinary Time starts the Monday after the Baptism of Christ, but as RCs don't use the term "Epiphany Season" (it's Christmas 2) your friend is likely to be C of E. Strictly speaking the C of E's new Epiphany season ends at the Presenation on 2 February which is a bit late into the secular year. It probably means after 6 January, but it is muddling secular and ecclesiastical usage.

--------------------

Carys

Ship's Celticist
# 78

- Posted      Profile for Carys   Email Carys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
If they are RC, Ordinary Time starts the Monday after the Baptism of Christ, but as RCs don't use the term "Epiphany Season" (it's Christmas 2) your friend is likely to be C of E. Strictly speaking the C of E's new Epiphany season ends at the Presenation on 2 February which is a bit late into the secular year. It probably means after 6 January, but it is muddling secular and ecclesiastical usage.

That more or less sums up my thoughts on the matter. Vademecum and Albertus made me laugh which was good. In fact the answer was half five today, well yesterday now, so I can stop wondering.

Carys

--------------------
O Lord, you have searched me and know me
You know when I sit and when I rise

Posts: 6896 | From: Bryste mwy na thebyg | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
New Yorker
Shipmate
# 9898

- Posted      Profile for New Yorker   Email New Yorker   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
In the 1979 TEC BCP in the calendar beginning around page 18 each day of each month has a letter by it. It seems to be a sequence starting with A going through g and then repeating. What are those letters for? Thanks.
Posts: 3193 | From: New York City | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

They help you identify Sundays. A given year might be an 'e' year, say, which would mean that all the days with a 'e' next to them would be Sundays. (A leap year has two letters, one for Jan/Feb and one for the rest of the year).

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

New Yorker
Shipmate
# 9898

- Posted      Profile for New Yorker   Email New Yorker   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks, Hart; but may I ask what purpose does that serve? Are they in place of an Ordo?
Posts: 3193 | From: New York City | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

Someone who regularly uses Episcopalian books would have to comment on how regularly they get used nowadays, but yes they would allow you to easily construct your own ordo for a given day.

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
They help you identify Sundays. A given year might be an 'e' year, say, which would mean that all the days with a 'e' next to them would be Sundays. (A leap year has two letters, one for Jan/Feb and one for the rest of the year).

You know, the sad thing about my brain is that when I read a paragraph like that it comes out sounding like this. And that was a simple sentence. [Frown]

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ceremoniar
Shipmate
# 13596

So I guess that we are NOT getting a new miscellaneous thread for the new year...We did last year. [Frown]
seasick

...over the edge
# 48

- Posted      Profile for seasick   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Don't say I never do anything for you. Thread closed.

seasick, Eccles host

--------------------
We believe there is, and always was, in every Christian Church, ... an outward priesthood, ordained by Jesus Christ, and an outward sacrifice offered therein. - John Wesley

Posts: 5769 | From: A world of my own | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  ...  21  22  23 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016