homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Strictly 2014

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Strictly 2014
Snags
Utterly socially unrealistic
# 15351

- Posted      Profile for Snags   Author's homepage   Email Snags   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is nobody else watching this year? Is it that the celebs are so un-celeb (as a recent Twop-Twip had it "Discover if you're enough of a celebrity for Strictly by checking for a pulse")? Or are people just cheesed off with the GraET uNwAshEd voting based on popularity rather than ability?

Despite being largely clueless as to who most of the contestants actually are, I'm still quite enjoying it. A wee bit put out by the vote this week, and Mrs Snags is still in high dudgeon at both The Public and also the show for maintaining the pretense that it's not a popularity contest, but still a hoot, and one of the more positive reality nonsense shows.

--------------------
Vain witterings :-: Vain pretentions :-: The Dog's Blog(locks)

Posts: 1399 | From: just north of That London | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The thing is, if there is a public vote, it will always be a popularity contest, rather than a dancing contest. Having said that, it is often the best dancers who come through to the end.

And the celebs who do reasonably well get what they want from it, more publicity, and more appearances on other shows. Its not like any of them are planning to take up dancing professionally.

So there have been no complete losers this year, although we have lost a couple of the poorest.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Snags
# 15351

- Posted      Profile for Snags   Author's homepage   Email Snags   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Agreed, although last time it really should have been Scot and Judy in the dance off. Even on popularity, I'm faintly amazed that at least one of them didn't drop the ball - Scot seems to be a profoundly unsympathetic and self-unaware chap (but that may be editing) and I would have thought his natural demographic and the Strictly audience don't have a huge overlap.

But, so it goes.

I just enjoy the whole thing as mostly positive bubblegum. Mrs Snags, with her slightly more "must conform to the rules" mental make-up gets a bit distressed at some of the more clearly bollocks decisions/vote outcomes.

--------------------

Posts: 1399 | From: just north of That London | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The voting usually sorts itself out by half way through the series, there's always the loss of a few middlers who wouldn't have won anyway but their votes are probably transferred to serious contenders rather than the awful ones at the bottom. Eventually the poor ones do go.
Scott is likely to be rather good at drumming up votes from his radio 1 fans. He is mesmerisingly awful to watch though. And Judy is as stiff as a board.
I wasn't a fan of Thom but I do feel sorry for Simon as he is a decent dancer who just isn't winning the voters over.

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I got bored with it a while ago and feel it hasn't been quite the same since Arlene Phillips was dropped. The celebs are mostly people I haven't heard of, and Brucie has gone. Admittedly he should have hung up his boots a while ago, but he had a bit of presence and that seems to have evaporated.

It's all got a bit formulaic really. You know that Bruno will be delightfully OTT, Len will be blokey, and Craig will make a 'orrible remark but he really has a heart of gold, etc etc. There will be a "joke" celebrity who has usually been paired with poor old Anton, Brendan will do his usual thing of being passionate and driven and getting upset, there will be a golden oldie, and a surprise package who will rocket his/her way to the top.

I haven't seen this year's so this is all a vast generalization which might not now actually be rooted in fact, but that's how it's seemed to me over the past few years.

quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

- Posted      Profile for quetzalcoatl   Email quetzalcoatl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We still enjoy it a lot. OK it is bubblegum, but very poptastic. And naturally enough, we adore the wondrous Claud.

--------------------
I can't talk to you today; I talked to two people yesterday.

Posts: 9878 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just looked at the list of contestants - Gregg Wallace, aargh. He put me off watching Masterchef.
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
Just looked at the list of contestants - Gregg Wallace, aargh. He put me off watching Masterchef.

Don't worry, he's out. Contests don't set shorter than this.

But as for Scott, someone from his demographic is watching, someone is voting for the person at the bottom of the leader board so that he isn't in the dance off. How long can his fanbase save him.

Even so, a sportsman's mum is not exactly what the word celebrity means. Andy Warhol must have been right.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by quetzalcoatl:
We still enjoy it a lot. OK it is bubblegum, but very poptastic. And naturally enough, we adore the wondrous Claud.

I so love Claudia [Smile]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Despite the wonder that is Claudia I really have not been engaged by Strictly this year...my fave professionals aren't in it (though, some haven't been in for years) and I neither know nor care about any of the slebs. Alison is ok but won't get much further, I fear, Judy and Scott are awful, Pixie and Trent are too creepy, Frankie is kind of nice(& I like KFG) but she's been good from the beginning. And I can't remember the others. And ITT is just downright tedious. Sigh. Grumpy Old Woman has now left the building...

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Phantom Flan Flinger
Shipmate
# 8891

- Posted      Profile for The Phantom Flan Flinger   Author's homepage   Email The Phantom Flan Flinger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Jake has been good, Mark has impressed me far more than I thought he would.

--------------------
http://www.faith-hope-and-confusion.com/

Posts: 1020 | From: Leicester, England | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I wish the judges had some kind of wildcard for the dance off so they could keep people in who are good for a little longer. Simon and Thom shouldn't have been in the dance off so early on, and were pretty well matched. OTH, if you get two people in the dance off who are both crap, why not get rid of both of them at once. (Judy and Scot would be my dream ticket!)

Tubbs

[ 28. October 2014, 11:38: Message edited by: Tubbs ]

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I call Pixie and Trent the Pleasantville couple. For halloween, they should just make sure they are always smiling. That would be terrifying.

Overall, it is an entertainment show. These are "celebs" who are getting more air-time than they would normally expect, and it is fun. The dancing is important, but it is not everything. It is as much about how entertaining they are, because it is entertainment. The participants know this is true.

Unlike the ITV rival, which is abusive TV.

[ 28. October 2014, 13:03: Message edited by: Schroedinger's cat ]

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

Pixie and Thom together look like they have been cloned by Mattel.

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:

I felt very sorry for Aliona being with him. It was a relief to see them kicked out (despite her being my favourite dancer).

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Jemima the 9th
Shipmate
# 15106

- Posted      Profile for Jemima the 9th     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I haven't watched for a few years, but am really enjoying this year. Someone's made Craig nicer since I stopped watching! I very much hope Steve Backshall is going to win (or Alison.)
Posts: 801 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Schroedinger's cat:
Overall, it is an entertainment show.

Of course it is. If it were about the dancing the second show would be about the best. Instead Sunday is a celebration of all that is naff. Those voted the worst get to be seen again.

If it was about dancing we'd see the best again.

But it works all the better because of this. SCD - camp, naff and marvellous.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've fallen completely for Steve Backshall - he's always seemed nice - really intelligent and thoughtful in his presenting and obviously deeply enthusiastic and excited by his material when I've seen him on wildlife things before, but I've been appreciating his nicely muscled arms (along with Darcy, apparently), his general hotness, and increasingly how much of a lovely lovely man he seems to be when he's interviewed, or even doing his waltz last week.

I'm also enjoying Claudia and Tess co-presenting, especially Claudia, who manages to get actual proper laughs while reading out the boring stuff about terms and conditions on the phoning.

I like it - it's mindless and nice.

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

quote:
Originally posted by luvanddaisies:
mindless and nice.

That describes Claudia pretty well. Which is why she is a great host.

I don't actually mean that in a negative sense. I think she is pretty much a dizzy blonde, but she is great at what she does.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

quote:
Originally posted by Schroedinger's cat:
quote:
mindless and nice.

That describes Claudia pretty well. Which is why she is a great host.

I don't actually mean that in a negative sense. I think she is pretty much a dizzy blonde, but she is great at what she does.

I wouldn't describe her as mindless, I think she is charming and witty and according to her wiki page she is involved with several charities and is willing to be hands-on, manning the phones at a charity appeal.
All that squinting at the auto cue is due to her very poor vision (minus 14 lenses) that's why she is so good at ad-libbing.

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

She is lovely. All I meant was that she was not particularly bright. She is not stupid, and I think she is charming, witty and a great conversationalist. I hadn't realised her eyesight was so poor.

Really - I am a huge fan of her. I follow her on twitter, and she sometimes asks obvious things, and comes over as less than brilliant. But she always asks in such an open and honest way that this is endearing, rather than stupid.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I've fallen completely for Steve Backshall - he's always seemed nice - really intelligent and thoughtful in his presenting and obviously deeply enthusiastic and excited by his material when I've seen him on wildlife things before, but I've been appreciating his nicely muscled arms (along with Darcy, apparently), his general hotness, and increasingly how much of a lovely lovely man he seems to be when he's interviewed, or even doing his waltz last week.

I'm also enjoying Claudia and Tess co-presenting, especially Claudia, who manages to get actual proper laughs while reading out the boring stuff about terms and conditions on the phoning.

I like it - it's mindless and nice.

I agree about Steve. For someone who is sooooo muscle bound he moves really well. He also comes over as genuinely nice.
Love Claudia, love her terrible puns, love her enthusiasm, in fact love everything about her. Tess on the other hand comes across less well without the comparison to Brucie. She just doesn't measure up to our Claud.

--------------------
tessaB
eating chocolate to the glory of God
Holiday cottage near Rye

Posts: 1068 | From: U.K. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Snags
# 15351

Interesting views on Claude. I've always held to the view (based on nothing tangible) that she's actually a very bright, astute cookie making a very lucrative career out of presenting as a fool* and a ditz.

I have no idea if she's academically bright, but the wit and repartee appear genuine, and she's got enough intelligence to be aware of the charade and be confident to poke holes in it ("I'm literally just reading words here ...").

*Fool in the sense of the madcap, the jester, the one prepared to poke fun and also be ridiculous, not in the sense of being a total arse.

--------------------

Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

I suppose it is all relative. I used to think she was very intelligent and playing it up, but I have changed my mind.

She is not going for Geek of the year. She knows stuff, and she is very well aware of her own limitations. That is a good thing - and better than most. I get the impression that if she was asked to be a celeb for the show, she would refuse on the grounds that she would be rubbish. That is an unusual level of self-awareness*.

Knowing that she has extremely poor eyesight explains a lot about her. I think her style is very much based around her coping mechanisms for this. So she can ad-lib, because she has no idea what she is supposed to be doing. She rushes through stuff because she has to remember it all.

Compared to some of the presenters on the TV, she is better, because she is really personable, really quirky and funny. I would rather her than Bruce, or Ant&Dec, or Dermot.

*I have no idea - she may be longing to be on the show. But she would be honest about it.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Jemima the 9th
Shipmate
# 15106

- Posted      Profile for Jemima the 9th     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Yes. He's thoroughly, thoroughly nice. And it's really endearing. He seems to throw himself into it all with such abandon and enthusiasm, I find it genuinely cheering to watch.

My kids are big fans of deadly 60, the outtakes of which were made into an episode. It was hilarious.

Posts: 801 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

quote:
Originally posted by Snags:
Interesting views on Claude. I've always held to the view (based on nothing tangible) that she's actually a very bright, astute cookie making a very lucrative career out of presenting as a fool* and a ditz.

I have no idea if she's academically bright, but the wit and repartee appear genuine, and she's got enough intelligence to be aware of the charade and be confident to poke holes in it ("I'm literally just reading words here ...").

*Fool in the sense of the madcap, the jester, the one prepared to poke fun and also be ridiculous, not in the sense of being a total arse.

Yes, that is how I see her.

I also agree with the comments about being self-aware, she knows what she does well and, as you say, has compensating mechanisms for the poor vision (I have a visually impaired twin and was an Ophthalmic nurse).

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

Another fan of Steve here, he seems genuinely nice, though sometimes like an overexcited puppy.

Tess is way better than Brucie, the show presentation has improved so much this series. She doesn't have Claud's charisma and can't stray away from the autocue but they work well together, she plays the straight guy who keeps the show moving on track.

Claud is also lovely on the Sewing Bee, very friendly and approachable. I get the impression she just really likes people and could chat to anyone.

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
One thing that has annoyed me more than usual this year is the fact that it seems perfectly okay to comment on Steve's muscles, or Thom's chest, or how gorgeous and sexy Thom is (not in my opinion...) but if Len started suggesting that he couldn't take his eyes off Ola's breasts, or that we haven't seen enough of Pixie's legs, or that Frankie's dress wasn't revealing enough then there would be complaints galore.

I'm not trying to be a Grumpy Old Woman here. Just sayin'...

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Preach it, Dormouse. I'm fed up of it. Not just on Strictly but it seems everywhere at the moment. Don't get me started on those Diet Coke ads...

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

I agree Dormouse. That is a slippery slope to x-factor world, where the contestants are judged according to their looks rather than their skills.

At the end of the day, they should be dressed appropriately, which does mean that those ladies with good legs should show them, and those gentlemen with good bodies should have them shown off, because it enhances the performance - and those with less appealing bodies need them appropriately covered. That is not intended to be sexist at all, just that the wardrobe department should do their job (and they do).

The judging should be on the dancing performance. How they look is a part of this, but if that is all that is worth looking at, then they are clearly rubbish at dancing.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

- Posted      Profile for quetzalcoatl   Email quetzalcoatl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I thought that Len does praise a nice pair of pins; but not boobs, I guess. Well, hang on, maybe he does, more adroitly.

--------------------
I can't talk to you today; I talked to two people yesterday.

Posts: 9878 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
welsh dragon

Shipmate
# 3249

- Posted      Profile for welsh dragon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Re Claudia, I have never thought that she came over as being stupid, I think that there is a skill or knack in getting people to open up on camera and to ad libbing, and being animated is a bonus. FWIW she does have a good degree from Cambridge.
Posts: 5352 | From: ebay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

Judy is out. As is usually the case, someone who is worse than everyone else in the competition is saved by the public until they start showing real improvement.

But even with the improvement there was just too much to catch up.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

The think is, with 5 couples getting straight 9s or better, she really had to go. She was never going to reach that level.

I do think she has done remarkably well, improved a whole lot. She should be proud of what she has done, but now is the time for her to leave.

I was chasing up why Claudia was still not there. Her daughter Matilda was in a horrible accident at halloween where her costume caught fire, so she has been in hospital being treated. My thoughts and prayers are with her, as I know are many others here - and she is totally right to focus on her daughter at this time. It sounds horrendous, and I am sure it will take them some time to properly recover, mentally and emotionally as well as physically.

[Votive]

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Jante
Shipmate
# 9163

- Posted      Profile for Jante   Email Jante   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Seems no one has watched this for weeks!! So glad to see Caroline win she was by far the best- though Frankie was good as well!

--------------------
My blog http://vicarfactorycalling.blogspot.com/

Posts: 535 | From: deepest derbyshire | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Roseofsharon
Shipmate
# 9657

- Posted      Profile for Roseofsharon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Disappointed, but not surprised.
Caroline's dancing has done nothing for me throughout the series. I kept finding myself making a drink, or leafing through a magazine once she & Pasha started their turn.
I will admit that their showdance was captivating, but not really to my taste. It has been pretty clear for the last couple of weeks that the judges had her marked as the winner.

My favourites all the way through were Frankie & Kevin, but Frankie's consistency has gone against them - she hasn't had an obvious enough "journey".
I think Craig deliberately withheld the ten from them so that Caroline's 3 X 40 would be more dramatic. Has he given them a ten at all?

But I am biased, Kevin could have been dancing with a lamppost and I'd still have voted for him [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
Talk about books -any books- on our rejuvenatedforum http://www.bookgrouponline.com/index.php?

Posts: 3060 | From: Sussex By The Sea | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nope, I'm with you on not finding Caroline that interesting and would have preferred either of the other finalists to have won. I'm glad Pasha won, because he's consistently good, but equally would have liked Kevin or Christina to win of the pros. Much preferred Frankie or Simon as dancers. And Simon had a good journey if that's what they need with all those dance offs early on.

I think Craig likes the slightly less controlled, not so accurately danced, emotionalism of Caroline's style rather than the technical precision of Frankie. Caroline was very good at selling a dance. But again, it's difficult to see from TV what they are seeing in the studio. The camera editing gives us a different view.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

I was team Frankie, but it did look like Caroline was in the lead for the last few weeks.

The think is, there were so many good dancers, there was no-one who stood out towards the end. All of the last five were winners. Caroline just managed to get the final vote.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I would have been happy for any of the final three to win. Mark was endearing but simply not as good as the others.

Because I have a soft spot for Northern ballroom dancers who love musical theatre (I even married one - hello Hugal!) I adore Kevin, and 'America' plus the 'Fred and Ginger' routine pushed all my musical theatre buttons. But despite that (and despite voting for them), in the end I think the right person won.

(Oh, and roseofsharon - I'm sure Kevin would happily dance with a lamp-post. He's a big Gene fan after all!)

[ 21. December 2014, 09:32: Message edited by: Gill H ]

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

I was a Simon fan but any of the last 3 would have been worthy winners.
I was glad Mark was voted off first though.

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Snags
# 15351

I'm with Gill H and Heavenly Anarchist. Enjoyed this season once the obvious chaff had been sorted from the wheat, despite it meaning Aliona exiting so soon. Slightly confuzzled that Pixie went out when she did, less so with Jake, who seemed to have been less consistent as the show went on.

Warmed to Mark way more than I thought I would, so on a human level I'm glad he made it to the final, but only the first part. Of the remaining three Caroline "what professional dance training?" Flack seemed to definitely be the best dancer (to my ignorant eyes) but I wouldn't have been boarding the outrage bus if either Frankie or Simon had won.

--------------------

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016