homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Furry Family Members (Page 9)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Furry Family Members
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, I was so missing my beloved "Fireball" and his "friend", Tigger was really mourning him too so my wife and I answered an ad on Craigslist. A guy was moving from Atlanta to Boston and didn't feel right about taking his two year old Russian Blue male cat. So, we adopted "Flax" and he is so sweet, fast, funny, loving, etc. "Tigger" seems to like him and we love him. Our ex-roommate was supposed to move her three female cats out of our apartment several weeks ago, that's why we took "Flax" but then her apartment deal fell through and we are still stuck with her contentious/nasty/diva females! They hate "Tigger" even though he's of the same litter but they hate "Flax" even more. I can't wait until the females go off to live with ex-roommate!

--------------------
God gave me my face but She let me pick my nose.

Posts: 3451 | From: Tacoma, WA USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
RevMotherRaphael
Apprentice
# 18102

- Posted      Profile for RevMotherRaphael   Email RevMotherRaphael   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My female is moody to say the least and can be very nasty when she wants to be, she even attacked a Great Dane dog who sniffed her air so can understand frustration of cat fights. Hope it works out soon.
Posts: 42 | From: Why Heaven, of course, with all of you! | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged
Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

- Posted      Profile for Margaret   Email Margaret   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We’ve got four cats, who until last autumn were impeccably housetrained – we’ve got a large garden and a cat flap so they can let themselves in and out whenever they want. Then for some reason Neurotic Kitty started showing stress symptoms, including leaving messes round the house. We took her to the vet to get checked out, and there were no physical reasons, so she prescribed a tranquilliser and now Neurotic Kitty is just normally neurotic again. But the other cats all seem to have decided that using carpet instead of earth is more comfortable (and I don’t think the constant rain of last winter helped either). We’ve tried various things, encouraging them to go out in the garden more, using motion-sensor automatic sprays to discourage them from using favourite areas, scrubbing and deodorising places they’ve used, and just generally keeping doors shut, and it only happens occasionally now –but occasionally is still too often. Has anyone else had this problem? I’d be grateful for any suggestions!
Posts: 2456 | From: West Midlands UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Margaret, my old kitty had a urinary tract infection last autumn, and afterwards decided that the top of the hot water tank was the appropriate place to do her business. I did everything her vet suggested: moving the litter box (which is always kept clean), putting an attractant into the litter, giving her herbs that are supposed to keep her from getting more UTIs.

The thing that finally worked was to prevent her from being able to get on the tank. It is too tall for her to jump onto from the floor, so she would step from the dryer onto the tank. I bought a piece of paneling and put it between the dryer and the tank. She immediately started using her box again.

So, all this to say, is there a way to keep your four kitties away from those places where they've been messing?

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Also, a lot of cleaning stuff smells sweet to us, but smells of wee to our pets. Either let down bio clothes washing stuff or Simple Solution will do the trick.

[Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
RevMotherRaphael
Apprentice
# 18102

- Posted      Profile for RevMotherRaphael   Email RevMotherRaphael   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A pet friendly cleaning spray that doesn't smell of anything but removes odours is good for the cleaning or try a simple baking soda and water mixture. For stressed kitties or any who spray or sharpen claws on the best chair Feliway can help. You can buy it at the vet's and it comes in a spray. The liquid doesn't smell but is replicating the hormones a mother cat gives off when she has just had a litter of kittens. It helps calms the cats and stops them from naughty behaviour. It might be worth a try if nothing else has worked yet. Of course praying to St. Francis is probably wise too. [Biased]
Posts: 42 | From: Why Heaven, of course, with all of you! | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Taking my elderly cat Spyder to the vet today, just for a checkup, nothing serious. Hopefully all will be well.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

- Posted      Profile for Margaret   Email Margaret   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nicole, did Spyder get a clean bill of health?

Thank you very much for your replies – they’re all being put into practice. Stout Kitty is now banned from the dining room, where she has a favourite rug, we’re trying to get into the habit of keeping doors to rooms they’ve used firmly shut, I’m going to order Simple Solution as soon as I know I’m likely to be around when it’s delivered, we have baking soda to hand, and we’ve got three Feliway sprays dotted around the house for use in strategic places. And I shall apply to St Francis – and to St Clare; I’m sure the cat she’s sometimes depicted with never did anything it shouldn’t in the convent!

Posts: 2456 | From: West Midlands UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Spyder has a heart murmur which he's had since the last time he had a checkup, and which I can't afford to investigate throughly by eckocardiogram. But aside from that he's fine. His bloods came back all negative which was very good since I was afraid he had a thyroid problem, but apparently not. [Smile]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This seems to be the right place to make a little announcement: my Belle kitty is now twenty years old!

She was an adolescent kitten when I got her from the animal shelter in September of 1994. We figured she was born in May of that year at the latest, but the folks who were caring for her didn't know her exact birth date. Daughter-Unit (who had just turned seven) and I decided to celebrate Belle's birthday on D-U's birthday.

She came home, stretched out on the living room floor, and took over as Queen of the Universe. Jasmine (who was a year and a third at that time) was not amused. However, the two became friends over the years, and when Jasmine died in 2012, Belle was very subdued for a few months.

For an old lady, she's remarkably agile, and jumps up on things (like the dryer, mentioned in my post above), and occasionally gets the notion to gallop through the house. She does sleep a lot, but then, she is a Cat!!

I'm grateful for my little tuxedo companion, and wanted to celebrate her longevity with you all.

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
God bless Belle! [Votive] [Axe murder]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What an amazing age! [Angel]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy birthday, Belle (and Daughter-Unit)! [Yipee]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

That's great JJ!

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy Birthday Belle!

Our young male has got us all well trained - he fusses around our ankles until we pay him some attention then immediately lies down ready to be smoothed or whatever then a after a few minutes he rolls on the other side so that can be done as well.

The daft thing is that we actually play along!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Have you named him or is he just another Bilhi?

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He's another Mittoo, apparently.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kittyville
Shipmate
# 16106

- Posted      Profile for Kittyville     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Goodness, jedijudy - what a venerable age! Many happy returns, to both Belle and your daughter!
Posts: 291 | From: Sydney | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My cat has what we have named Collapsing Leg Syndrome. He will be walking along and suddenly flop over onto his side. "Oh noes! My leg has collapsed!" The only cure is immediate petting; some TLC and suddenly the syndrome passes and he's walking down the hall again.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Minou (cat, aged 19 years and 8 months) is deteriorating. Quite fast.
I think that tomorrow may have to be decision day.

Sometimes I wish I didn't have cats...then I wouldn't have to face this.

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(((St. E.))) [Votive]

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

So sorry St E. Much sympathy.

Also my own concern: I just posted this on the prayer thread:

quote:
One of my cats, Bjorn, is sick. How sick I do not know. I am hoping it's just a catty tummy ache and he'll be better tomorrow, but I'm very afraid it's a recurrence of the urinary blockage he had some years ago. If it is it will be very expensive to treat, more than I can afford, and I'll have to ask my daughter to let me use her medical credit card and pay her back monthly. Please pray that he's only a little sick and gets better on his own. If he isn't better tomorrow he goes to the vet Tuesday.

--------------------

Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
St E and Minou. [Votive]

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

quote:
Originally posted by Dormouse:
St E and Minou. [Votive]

Amen. [Votive] [Frown]

--------------------

St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you for your thoughts and wishes.

Minou was PTS on Monday morning. She was ready to go physically, but she had a strong heart and didn't want to say goodbye.

Miss her terribly.

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

[Votive] St Everild

Sleep well lovely girl [Tear]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Kittyville
Shipmate
# 16106

- Posted      Profile for Kittyville     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So sorry to hear that, St Everild.

Nicole - I hope Bjorn has recovered.

Posts: 291 | From: Sydney | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

St E, so sorry for your loss.

Kittyville, yes Bjorn is fine. My daughter insisted on us taking him to the emergency vet that night after I posted and although he had seemed quite ill they found nothing really wrong with him and he perked up that same night.

--------------------

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So sorry, St E.

My sister-in-law had to have her 17 year-old cat, Lily, PTS this week. It's been a bad year for cats [Frown]

Mrs. S, still morning the loss of Gumbo

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We had to have Saf pts in January, but had an Aby kitten in April. Gwenny was spayed today, and she is now one schizo kitten as she absolutely hates the Elizabethan collar put on to stop her scratching the stitches.

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

My first Guide dog puppy is arriving next week! She is 12 months old, a Golden Retriever/Labrador cross called Darcy.

She is only staying for a week while her puppy walker is on holiday. We are 'boarding' for a couple of times to get Tatze used to the comings and goings before the baby pupster arrives (and I am sure she is being 'tested' for temperament too before they let her loose on a tiny baby [Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

quote:
Originally posted by St. Gwladys:
We had to have Saf pts in January, but had an Aby kitten in April. Gwenny was spayed today, and she is now one schizo kitten as she absolutely hates the Elizabethan collar put on to stop her scratching the stitches.

You could try putting her in a baby's vest thingy that covers up the wound so she can't get to the stitches.

Our Cleo had managed to remove hers when we went back for the post op check up.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So sorry to hear that, St. E. RIP, Minou. [Votive]

Boogie, good luck with your temporary lodger! [Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
JoannaP
Shipmate
# 4493

- Posted      Profile for JoannaP   Email JoannaP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Boogie,

Pictures!! We need to see pictures of Darcy and Tatze together. Pretty please. [Overused]

--------------------
"Freedom for the pike is death for the minnow." R. H. Tawney (quoted by Isaiah Berlin)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1877 | From: England | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

quote:
Originally posted by JoannaP:
Boogie,

Pictures!! We need to see pictures of Darcy and Tatze together. Pretty please. [Overused]

Oooops - change of plan - Darcy has gone to Big School early. Now we are to have Fifi (!) also a GR/lab cross but only seven months old, she is coming on the 21st July for 10 days.

Photos will follow!

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

BessLane
Shipmate
# 15176

- Posted      Profile for BessLane   Email BessLane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My girl cat just queened. She's orange tabby, the yard cat the covered her when she got out is orange tabby, and all the kits are beautiful orange tabby. 4 kits, born sometime during the night. Hubby has never been around fresh kits and he's just amazed.

My spoiled neutered boy cat is fascinated by the kits, but momma won't let him within a foot of the babies.

I really don't want to have to spend the next 8 weeks walking around the house watching where I'm stepping, but gosh dang it, they're soooo cute [Big Grin]

--------------------
It's all on me and I won't tell it.
formerly BessHiggs

Posts: 1388 | From: Yorkville, TN | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

One of my cats, Sybil, managed to get out a window yesterday and is missing. I'm desolated. She got out last summer too but came back on her own in a week and a half. I'm hoping she comes back again.

--------------------

luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
One week today we pick up two little girl kittens. They'll be eight weeks old then. We went to see them last week - tiny little fuzzy weightless things.

They won't replace our much-beloved former cat, Billy, but they'll be successors to him, and I'm looking forward to them taking up residence [Smile]

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

quote:
Originally posted by luvanddaisies:
One week today we pick up two little girl kittens. They'll be eight weeks old then. We went to see them last week - tiny little fuzzy weightless things.

I am very jealous! My husband dislikes cats intensely but I came this "" close to getting a Norwegian Forest Kitten last week! I decided it wasn't fair on Tatze with Guide Dog puppies coming and going (Note DH would just have had to lump it!)

Speaking of Guide Dogs here is Fifi. She is seven months old and the most polite, well mannered, well trained dog I have ever met. She is staying with us while her Puppy Walker is on holiday.

Then, on August 2nd, we have a ten week old pupster coming to stay. I am having a ball! Tatze and Fifi are sleeping under the desk at my feet.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

And here and here they are together - ebony and ivory.

[Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

Sybil is home! She didn't come willingly, she was spotted around by a friend who alerted me and I cornered her and grabbed her, but she is home now. Thank heavens.

--------------------

luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nicolemr:
Sybil is home!

Hooray [Smile]
(Sybil's such a funny name for a cat - makes me think of Fawlty Towers)

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
JoannaP
Shipmate
# 4493

- Posted      Profile for JoannaP   Email JoannaP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
And here and here they are together - ebony and ivory.

[Smile]

Thank you very much Boogie. You & they have brightened up a bad day! [Axe murder]

--------------------
"Freedom for the pike is death for the minnow." R. H. Tawney (quoted by Isaiah Berlin)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1877 | From: England | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
quote:
Sybil is home!

Hooray [Smile]

[Yipee]

Maybe she could get a gentleman-cat friend, called Basil ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

Sybil was named by my mother after Lady Sybil in the Discworld novels "Guards" sequence by Terry Pratchett. I don't know why my mother thought the name was appropriate because the cat isn't much like the character, but she was reading the books at the time.

--------------------

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by piglet:
quote:
quote:
Sybil is home!

Hooray [Smile]

[Yipee]

Maybe she could get a gentleman-cat friend, called Basil ... [Big Grin]

My friend had a tom named Basil!

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good to hear, Nicole! [Yipee]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
YaY for Sybil [Yipee]

Georgie-Porgy fat'n'fluffy just emerged from a cupboard with a tiara of cobwebs.

Cleaning needed [Hot and Hormonal] .

Her latest trick is to see how far around the room she can get without her paws touching the carpet. [Roll Eyes] so far nothing has been broken.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Earwig

Pincered Beastie
# 12057

- Posted      Profile for Earwig   Author's homepage   Email Earwig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Huia:
Georgie-Porgy fat'n'fluffy just emerged from a cupboard with a tiara of cobwebs.

Tesscat has diabetes, and once had a hypoglycemic attack. We tried to feed her honey, but one of the distressing features of the attack was that she mazed her head from side to side, while following the skirting board around the edges of the room she was in. The dusty, cobwebby bits. With a honey covered face.

When she was back to normal (after a VERY EXPENSIVE) trip to the out-of-hours vet, I spend some time picking honey-encrusted cobwebs off her face. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 3120 | From: Yorkshire | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

Daughter-Unit just found out today that her beloved Snickerdoodle has cancer and maybe a month of life left. He and his three brothers were born in my bathroom a little over nine years ago. D-U has held and loved Snicks since the day he was born, and is extremely attached to him.

I left my work and went to hers to give her Mama-type hugs. [Frown]

He's a good and very sweet cat. It's just not fair. [Waterworks]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016