homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2014 (Page 17)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  76  77  78 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2014
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all who need prayers, especially Jengie's J & J, PB4S's J, AinE's aunt and Pete's BillG.

5th Mary - glad to hear your dental issues are being worked out. [Smile]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord, in Your mercy, hear our prayers. [Votive]

Please pray for J, as the trial of her son's alleged murderer continues.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A tiny, tiny thing compared to the grief of others, but my friend's dog has been missing for a day and a half. She is getting worried. Please can you pray for Fido's safe retirn?

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

- Posted      Profile for To The Pain   Email To The Pain   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying.

--------------------
Now occasionally blogging.
Hire Bell Tents and camping equipment in Scotland

Posts: 1183 | From: The Granite City | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Kasra
Shipmate
# 10631

- Posted      Profile for Kasra   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying thru [Votive]

Please remember the T family (cousins by marriage) - there has been a sudden death in the family and, unsurprisingly, there are complex arrangements to be made.

Kx

--------------------
Can you spare $13.10 to help find a cure for Leukemia, Lymphoma and Myeloma? http://pages.teamintraining.org/ne/kc12/cburberqb8#home

Posts: 309 | From: Lincoln, NE | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh Oooops, Someone who was going to be taking over a few things that I'm doing.....now isn't anymore. Ah. Ok then. Errrrr.....

(oh crumbs)

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all who need prayers, however trivial they may seem in the grand scheme of things.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

- Posted      Profile for To The Pain   Email To The Pain   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying.

--------------------

Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dog is home. Thank you!

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Earwig

Pincered Beastie
# 12057

- Posted      Profile for Earwig   Author's homepage   Email Earwig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear prayer warriors - please pray for M who is in a difficult situation at work, and another M who has been hurt by the situation. And their families too - all is pretty awful for them right now.
Posts: 3120 | From: Yorkshire | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For the passengers on the still missing Malaysia Airlines plane. (Hoping that somehow they're still alive, and can be rescued.)

For anyone who needs it. Wishing you peace and comfort and strength.

[Votive]

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through.

For A. and another A., for healing.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
...and someone else has stepped up.

I can breathe again...thank you...

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
All the usual stuff for me please.

For the f. Family, for success and healing for g. And for upholding for all.

For g's son s to come home safely. For upholding for her and s minor.

For t and his daugter.

For r.

For upholding for o.

For the telemum.

For s., for healing.

For a. And another a., for healing.

For banishment of the finance monster.

For success of the thing. Still waiting to hear back.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all who need prayers.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Continuing to hold us all in the Light.

[Votive]

--------------------

Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

Praying through today...Sunday, a day of joy and sometimes equally of sorrow

[Votive]

Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray that I can start to feel better about my church situation. I feel so lonely there and I don't feel comfortable with half the things they do,I'm just not on the same wavelength as everybody else. I don't really know why I go except that I'd be even lonelier if I stayed at home by myself. Please pray that I can work out what to do. So fed up with leaving church feeling I want to cry.

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Abigail's church situation.

--------------------

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

[Votive]

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially Abigail.

If your church is making you want to cry, it's not the place for you. It's not your fault (and possibly not theirs either) - it just isn't the right sort of church for you.

If it's feasible, why not take next Sunday off, and go and do something completely different instead (maybe go for a walk, visit a museum or a country house, whatever floats your boat), and have a think about whether there's a different church that you could try the following week. If there's one that appeals to you, see if they've got a web-site that'll tell you more about the sort of place it is.

Good luck!

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord, in Your mercy, hear our prayers. [Votive]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Abigail:
Please pray that I can start to feel better about my church situation. I feel so lonely there and I don't feel comfortable with half the things they do,I'm just not on the same wavelength as everybody else. I don't really know why I go except that I'd be even lonelier if I stayed at home by myself. Please pray that I can work out what to do. So fed up with leaving church feeling I want to cry.

Abagail- I have just moved from a Church in which I was feeling increasingly unhappy, for all sorts of reasons.

I was really apprehensive about leaving the few friends who 'got' me. I wondered and prayed about either attending my Parish church, or return to my Baptist roots.

I prayed a lot- and happened to meet the Vicar of my own Parish, in our local town. We had met once before, many years ago, yet he recognised me! It was easy for me to recognise him, as he is often pictured in our local newspaper.

I told him of my thoughts, and he immediately arranged to visit me. He scored a great hit with my non Church going partner, and prayed with us both.

I attended a number of services on a 'sit and see' basis, felt very comfortable, and am challenged by how much the Church is doing in the villages.

He is now in the process of transferring my License to him.

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sorry Abagial- I got called away from the 'puter in mid flow!

I wanted to wish you well as you make your choices and am praying for you.

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for B and S, having emotional issues.

Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all who need prayers.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Arabella Purity Winterbottom

Trumpeting hope
# 3434

- Posted      Profile for Arabella Purity Winterbottom   Email Arabella Purity Winterbottom   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Back in January I was praying for my boss and his family (his dad has subsequently died, and his daughter spent 7 weeks in hospital, just out last week). I would ask for more prayers in his direction as he has done something less than sensible (not wrong or criminal) and got himself into a bit of a pickle. And his daughter is still very unwell.

This has left me continuing in charge of our team, stuck with the end result of the pickle and having to apologise to people because we can't deliver our service properly. There is currently no end in sight, which is stressing all of us.

I had to go to the cardiologist today because I've had a nasty irregular pulse for the last couple of months - the good news is my heart is fine, the bad news is that the pulse problem is caused by stress. I know it will settle down as I get used to the job, and I'm getting extremely positive feedback from both the team and my manager, but right now I could do with a bit of a break.

--------------------
Hell is full of the talented and Heaven is full of the energetic. St Jane Frances de Chantal

Posts: 3702 | From: Aotearoa, New Zealand | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
bib
Shipmate
# 13074

- Posted      Profile for bib     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My friend Fiona who has been on the prayer list for some time, has deteriorated significantly. Three new brain tumours have appeared and I fear the medidal team have run out of treatment options. Pray for her as she is very frightened and despairing. She has two young children and is worried about the effect all this is having on her two boys.

--------------------
"My Lord, my Life, my Way, my End, accept the praise I bring"

Posts: 1307 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
daisydaisy
Shipmate
# 12167

- Posted      Profile for daisydaisy   Email daisydaisy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Fiona [Votive] [Votive] and her family
Posts: 3184 | From: southern uk | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Little A, Herself's nephew with leukemia, is in ICU.

Upholding please for him and his parents & family.

--------------------

luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
There's this possibility of a job... and it would be an ideal job... just waiting for it to be confirmed (or not).
In the meantime, I'm struggling with the loneliness that springs from having just left a ship after five months sailing and working with a crew, some of whom are particularly good friends.

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Father, we are gathered together in your holy name. Be with us. Hear the prayers on this thread and all unspoken prayers, for the sake of your son, our Lord Jesus Christ.

[Votive]

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

Reading and praying.

--------------------

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

[Votive]
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Abigail’s church situation.

For Nicolemr’s B and S.

For Arabella’s boss, and for his daughter’s healing. For success for Abigail, and also for healing.

For healing for bib’s Fiona, and upholding and safety for her two boys.

For healing for Welease Woderwick’s Little A.

For luvanddaisies to get that job and have more companionship.

For A., for healing.

There is a good prospect coming up for the Telemum tomorrow. if You think she should have it, Lord, please get it for her. (Also, I would like a few more prospects like that).

For success of the thing. Still have not heard back.

For banishment of the Finance Monster.

--------------------

Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by piglet:

If your church is making you want to cry, it's not the place for you. It's not your fault (and possibly not theirs either) - it just isn't the right sort of church for you.

If it's feasible, why not take next Sunday off, and go and do something completely different instead (maybe go for a walk, visit a museum or a country house, whatever floats your boat), and have a think about whether there's a different church that you could try the following week. If there's one that appeals to you, see if they've got a web-site that'll tell you more about the sort of place it is.

Good luck!

quote:
Originally posted by The Weeder:
Abagail- I have just moved from a Church in which I was feeling increasingly unhappy, for all sorts of reasons.

I was really apprehensive about leaving the few friends who 'got' me. I wondered and prayed about either attending my Parish church, or return to my Baptist roots.

I prayed a lot- and happened to meet the Vicar of my own Parish, in our local town. We had met once before, many years ago, yet he recognised me! It was easy for me to recognise him, as he is often pictured in our local newspaper.

I told him of my thoughts, and he immediately arranged to visit me. He scored a great hit with my non Church going partner, and prayed with us both.

I attended a number of services on a 'sit and see' basis, felt very comfortable, and am challenged by how much the Church is doing in the villages.

He is now in the process of transferring my License to him.

Thank you Piglet and The Weeder. The trouble is I really don’t think changing churches is an option. I’ve been through all this before. Three years ago I decided that the right thing would be to leave and I stayed away from my church for some weeks and tried a few others. But… it just didn’t work.

For all its ‘faults’ my church is familiar and I know people there (though most of the people I was most comfortable with have moved on for one reason or another). I’ve been there a long time and I feel a lot of loyalty towards it. And I ‘do things’ there (though not as much as I used to) and people seem grateful for what I do…

And I’ve always found new situations very difficult. I’ve never been able to make friends easily and I’m not easy to get on with… I think in a new church I would feel even lonelier than I do now.

I know that sounds like a list of excuses but I really feel that leaving wouldn’t be helpful. I don’t really know what the answer is. We’re going through some big changes at the moment which I’m finding difficult, and that, and the fact that I’m approaching a landmark birthday (I’m nearly 60) are combining to make things feel particularly bad now.

Thank you for your good wishes and your prayers. They are much appreciated.

[coding - WW]

[ 19. March 2014, 02:13: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  76  77  78 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016