homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2014 (Page 19)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  76  77  78 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2014
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all who need prayers, especially Lucia's friend and her family.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord, in Your mercy, hear our prayers. [Votive]

Thank you to all who prayed for J recently. Her son's murderer was convicted. May she and her family find peace and rest in You, O Lord.

Praying for all who have work or interview-related problems.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

- Posted      Profile for To The Pain   Email To The Pain   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying.

--------------------
Now occasionally blogging.
Hire Bell Tents and camping equipment in Scotland

Posts: 1183 | From: The Granite City | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A friend, who has troubles of the kind posted in the difficult relatives thread in another place, and is feeling at the end of his tether, near to breakdown himself. He has been supported in many ways over the years - many could not have survived - but cannot look to a resolution. Things which have seemed to promise change never quite get there. If he gets through this time, he will know that there will be another.
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Penny S’s friend, for the burden to be lifted.

For Starbug’s J, for her and her family to find peace and rest in You. For repentance from the murderer.

For healing for Lucia’s E, and for upholding for E’s husband and sons.

For good employment for Lamb Chopped, stat. Glad you got some clarity on that interview… basically the interview process involves getting beaten up by bridge-dwelling trolls over and over again, until suddenly it stops. You can’t take any of it to heart. This incident is an example of that.

For wisdom and, perhaps, legal talent for Robert Armin.

For churchgeek to hit that defense out of the park. And sort the money and living situation and stuff situation and car and workload and mailing and and and… And lack of depression… AND lack of hypomania…

For healing and care for Moo’s Ginny.

For Gussie and Mad Cat.

For healing for Mr Bee.

Oh my bad habits! I’m terrible! Ha ha! It is not funny. Oh dear…

Also for the Finance Monster, whom I have taunted a bit, to be banished.

For the Telemum.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all as I type.

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

And thank you for praying for me. I am still attending the Parish Church, and finding it suits me very well indeed. I have already been asked to do the Intercessions in a couple of weeks, and my new Vicar has applied for my licence to be transferred to him.

It is such a big congo that I worried about getting to know anyone, but the after Church coffee time is very 'newbie' friendly. Lots of round tables, so just by sitting down I am part of a group, who talk and are welcoming.

I have been asked to do the Intercessions in a few weeks, so that will be a start. Actually, i was asked for

And I was asked to introduce my self from the front at 2 of the Churches. I was so impressed at the Vicar taking my arrival seriously.

I am feeling very positive, and have sent my cassock for dry-cleaning and washed my surplice. Mr. Weeder is greatly amused.

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you Telepath, but one thing I cannot pray for is the burden to be lifted, because of the only way I can see for it to happen.
Meanwhile, for me to find the right way to help this time.

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Visiting Cat has one sore eye, and of course he will not allow us to treat it.

Today I tried to give him his anti-flea treatment between the shoulder blades, and he caught on at the last moment and bolted, and I'm terrified that I might have got some in his eye...

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Freaking out again. Husband thinks his own job is threatened, I can't find one, now my very depressed counselee T has called to say she's being laid off and is frantic. I've got everybody leaning on me and I'm falling apart. There's nobody for me to lean on.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
LC, that's the last thing you need - prayers for you, Mr. Chopped and T.

Glad to hear that J's son's killer was convicted. May the victim rest in peace and rise in glory.

[Votive] for all in any need or necessity.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Weeder - washing a surplice is one thing, ironing it is something completely different!

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

- Posted      Profile for To The Pain   Email To The Pain   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying.

--------------------

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
The Weeder - washing a surplice is one thing, ironing it is something completely different!

[Votive]

I need to make an embarressing confession. I have a cleaning lady who does our ironing. Actually, she LOVES ironing, so I do not feel too guilty.

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all [Votive]

And I'm having a very stressful week this week and would really appreciate your prayers:

Still worried/depressed/frustrated about my church situation (though last Sunday was slightly better).

Waiting for my GP surgery to contact me about the results of tests I had just over a week ago (not expecting it to be bad news of any sort, but...)

Really busy week at work covering for people off sick and having to do things I don't feel comfortable doing.

Thank you

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all who need prayers.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

Especially my friend S and his family who, through no fault of their own, are in a financial mess at the moment.

The Weeder - nothing to be embarrassed about, I had a friend who liked ironing so he ironed my stuff and I gave him lifts to places we both wanted to go.

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

Reading and praying.

--------------------

Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

- Posted      Profile for Margaret   Email Margaret   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for P, who knows he has a problem with alcohol and is trying to do something about it. He's just had a happy and sober week with his sister and her family, but now he's back home on his own.
Posts: 2456 | From: West Midlands UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kitten
Shipmate
# 1179

- Posted      Profile for Kitten   Email Kitten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for Matt & Riley & Marlowe who are having a really crappy year

--------------------
Maius intra qua extra

Never accept a ride from a stranger, unless they are in a big blue box

Posts: 2330 | From: Carmarthenshire | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

My own depressive phase seems to have lifted but I'm very busy with work at the moment and it is tiring me out. Please pray for my perseverance and that I can do my job well.
Many thanks.

[ 26. March 2014, 21:11: Message edited by: Heavenly Anarchist ]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For good church times for The Weeder.

For Penny S to find the right way to help.

For security of employment for Mr Chopped and good employment stat for Lamb Chopped, as well as some support. And for T to find good employment stat.

For J’s son to rest in peace and rise in glory.

For Abigail’s church situation, for healing, and for relief of pressure at work.

For Welease Woderwick’s friend S to get some money.

For Margaret’s P, for sobriety.

For Matt & Riley & Marlowe to have a better year.

For perseverance and success at work for Heavenly Anarchist.

For me to break those bad habits, and also to banish the Finance Monster.

For enough money to attend a family wedding this summer.

Urgent prayers needed for A., who is in hospital with a life-threatening condition again.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Holding us all in the loving, living Light.

[Votive]

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

--------------------

Mili

Shipmate
# 3254

- Posted      Profile for Mili   Email Mili   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for my friends K and B's unborn baby. K is 26 weeks pregnant and at a check up today the baby's heart beat was found to be irregular. They are currently in hospital so the baby's heart can be monitored.
Posts: 1015 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mili

Shipmate
# 3254

- Posted      Profile for Mili   Email Mili   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yay! Just found out everything is fine and the baby's heartbeat is normal [Yipee]
Posts: 1015 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

Reading and praying.

[Votive] for WorldVision USA and the children they support

--------------------

Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Abigail:
Waiting for my GP surgery to contact me about the results of tests I had just over a week ago (not expecting it to be bad news of any sort, but...)

Have just heard from the doctor - tests normal! So relieved [Smile]

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

Visiting Cat has been missing for over 24 hours...

--------------------

Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Some issues for me at 'work'. Please pray.

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Posts: 9131 | From: Ultima Thule | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

Mili and Abigail, yay!

For WorldVision.

For Doc Tor.

For A., still in the hospital in a lifethreatening situation.

For S., for healing.

Visiting Cat was found safe at his mum's house a few doors down. It's a territory dispute with a male cat who has been throwing his weight around.

[ 27. March 2014, 21:33: Message edited by: Telepath ]

--------------------

agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

- Posted      Profile for agrgurich   Email agrgurich   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all

--------------------
Life is a comedy to those who think & a tragedy to those who feel.-Horace Walpole

AJG

Posts: 4478 | From: Michigan's Copper Country | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Holding us all in the loving, living Light.

[Votive]

--------------------

To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

Reading and praying.

God, please can A&H finally sell their car this weekend? It's a silly thing but it's been hanging over them for a while now.

--------------------

St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Finance Monster has taken up residence and needs to be tamed and banished.
Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for N who is seriously ill. [Votive]

prayers for all in need. [Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For To The Pain's A and R to get their car sold.

For healing for ArachnidinElmet's N.

For banning of the Finance Monster from me and St Everild. For me to be able to attend a family wedding in the summer.

For success of my project at work.

For A, for healing.

For the Telemum.

For S. To come home safe.

For my paper to be published.

--------------------

Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My friends, ME and P, were blindsided by a malicious neighbor and his evil intentions and Mr Evil found a sleazy lawyer who took a case that will probably take away their home. The case has dragged on for years and on Thursday, the case was heard before a judge and ME and P can appeal, but their home, rental property, a straw bale house they were building will be given to the evil neighbor. It's a travesty of justice of the highest order, I am sad and mad.

Please pray for ME and P. Life is cruel and mean. Justice is a joke. [Mad]

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  76  77  78 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016