homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2014 (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  76  77  78 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2014
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I responed on the Oz thread, but prayers for you especially and your little grand-daughter.

Leukaemia is crazy shit, especially in children. I hope it passes.

[Votive]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

- Posted      Profile for Nenya     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For those starting this new year in pain and sorrow [Votive] and loneliness and depression. [Votive]

--------------------
They told me I was delusional. I nearly fell off my unicorn.

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for you Pete C - it is a time of sadness not made easier by the days that have just passed.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Adrienne
Shipmate
# 2334

- Posted      Profile for Adrienne   Email Adrienne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Lothlorien's Granddaughter M, and for her family [Votive]

For Dani's family and friends, especially for Pete [Votive]
For Dani - may she rest in peace and rise in glory [Votive]

For everyone who is struggling at the moment. [Votive]

Father bring comfort and hope to all your children.

Posts: 977 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through. [Votive]

O Lord, be with those who grieve and mourn, those who've had bad news and are not looking,forward to this new year for whatever reason, and for those troubled by the black dog or similar disorders. Lord, in Your mercy, hear our prayer. [Votive]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ferijen
Shipmate
# 4719

- Posted      Profile for Ferijen   Email Ferijen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for Pete, who must feel very far away from his family today.

May Dani rest in peace.

Posts: 3259 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for PeteC, Lothlorien and their loved ones [Votive]

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
BessLane
Shipmate
# 15176

- Posted      Profile for BessLane   Email BessLane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Found out this morning that a young man I knew and liked was stabbed in a fight last night and died in surgery. I'm also close to the family of the boy who stabbed him. Please pray for both families...I'm speechless...

--------------------
It's all on me and I won't tell it.
formerly BessHiggs

Posts: 1388 | From: Yorkville, TN | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Praying through

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Dani, PeteC and the whole family

[Votive] BessHiggs, the young man who died, the young man who stabbed him and both families

[Votive] Lothlorien's granddaughter and family

[Votive] For all who really aren't looking forward to 2014

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

- Posted      Profile for Nenya     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Bess, the boys and the boys' families. [Votive]

PeteC and the whole family. [Votive]

--------------------
They told me I was delusional. I nearly fell off my unicorn.

saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Lothlorien's granddaughter M, for healing. For resolution of family conflict.

For Dani and all those who mourn her.

For BessHiggs, the boy known to her who was stabbed, and the other boy also known to her who stabbed him. Lord, have mercy.

I'd pray for more discipline and productivity if I could be bothered...

For S., for healing.

For the F. Family.

For S, and her family.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all who need prayers, especially PeteC and Dani and those who mourn her, and BH's boys - victim and perpetrator - and their families.

Rest eternal grant unto them, O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon them.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

For swift and accurate resolution of the arson at the Chinese consulate, here in SF. Several years ago, someone set fire to the gate. This time, they used some sort of incendiary device in the entry way. No injuries, AFAIK. A hate crime is one possibility that's being considered. There are lots of Asian San Franciscans, and a hate crime has got to be nerve-wracking for them.

Thanks.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Could you include prayers for everyone affected by the latest wild weather. There are flood warnings in effect all over the UK, but there's a severe flood warning in effect just on the other side of the river from us, where our eldest son & his partner and our daughter live. High tide is at 8:30pm GMT and people are already being evacuated from properties most at risk because there's going to be some flooding - it's a matter of how much and exactly where.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For PeteC and all affected by the loss of Dani.

For BessHiggs and the two boys involved in the stabbing - victim and perpetrator.

For quick resolution of the arson at the Chinese consulate in San Francisco.

For all affected by the flooding in South-West UK. For K. In particular.

For holding the Finance Monster at bay.

All the usual good habit forming stuff for my feckless self. For amazingly swift completion of a particularly onerous task that I thought would be done by now.

For the F. Family,

For S, for healing.

For K.

For G. And family,

For the Telemum.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks for prayers, according to J, J is now home and needs to eat and sleep to recover. So thanks to everyone who prayed.

Please keep J & J in your prayers though, they are both medics and neither of them are good patients. J needs to actual give himself time to get well, and J needs to be able to care without worrying about him doing too much.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all who need prayers, especially those affected by floods, and Jengie Jon's J and J.

[Votive] also for the soul of our old friend V. whose death we heard about yesterday, and for her niece E who was more like the daughter she didn't have, and will miss her terribly.

Rest eternal grant unto her, O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon her.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

In my family, there is a problem of a man and woman, married a while ago, who may shift away from each other. I do not see any problem they have to shift. [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Anglo Catholic Relict
Shipmate
# 17213

- Posted      Profile for Anglo Catholic Relict   Author's homepage   Email Anglo Catholic Relict   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all intentions.

[Votive]

Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For the repose of the soul of J, for all who mourn.

[Votive] For D, in hospital.

[Votive] For A, starting radiotherapy.

[Votive] For J, awaiting results.

[Votive] For all who have asked our prayers, and for those who cannot or dare not ask.

--------------------

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For the homeless and the hungry in this sub-zero weather.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Jengie Jon's J and J.

For piglet's V and all who mourn her, especially V's niece.

For resolution between the couple in daisymay's family.

For Japes' J, D, A, and J.

For the homeless jn this subzero weather.

For G. And for the rest of the F. Family.

For S., for healing.

For S, and her family.

For the Telemum.

All the usual stuff for me pls, kthx

--------------------

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Stephanie, (a niece of one of my church sisters) who is blogging her way through her battle with cancer. [Votive]

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

For me to be able to pray for someone who is really annoying me these days!

--------------------

Scarlet

Mellon Collie
# 1738

- Posted      Profile for Scarlet         Edit/delete post 
Praying...

[Votive]

--------------------
They took from their surroundings what was needed... and made of it something more.
—dialogue from Primer

Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

[Votive] For the repose of the soul of M, who has been murdered. For family, and friends and all who mourn.

[Votive] For a bit of sense for me... it's been an odd few weeks and I've suddenly, unhelpfully, gone back into old patterns of "coping" which aren't working any better now than they ever did.

--------------------

saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

I could use some reliable guidance and some sort of clue about what on earth is going on.

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Poor Pete - I am truly sorry for your loss.

Continued prayers needed for Michael S.

We also need prayers for a permanent teaching job with benefits such as healthcare for Z, my wife.

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all posting here [Votive]

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Japes' M, for all who mourn, For repentance from the murderer and for true justice to be done according to Your mercy. O Lord.

For saysay, for guidance and clarity.

For Sir Kevin and for Zeke to find employment that meets all h needs and uses all her talents.

For Michael Schumacher.

For Welease Woderwick to get over the annoyance and get those prayers out.

For Ye Olde Motherboarde's Stephanie, for healing.

Please multiply my efforts, O Lord.

--------------------

agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

- Posted      Profile for agrgurich   Email agrgurich   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all

Many thanks to St. Anthony for finding something my Mother really needed.

--------------------
Life is a comedy to those who think & a tragedy to those who feel.-Horace Walpole

AJG

Posts: 4478 | From: Michigan's Copper Country | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all by name. [Votive]

Please pray for Mr S, who has food poisoning, that his stomach may settle soon and give him peace.

Also praying for anyone returning to work today, or who is struggling with work (or lack of it) in any way. Lord, be with us and help us all.

[ 06. January 2014, 05:45: Message edited by: Starbug ]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

- Posted      Profile for To The Pain   Email To The Pain   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers please for a private intention that is now out of my hands.

--------------------
Now occasionally blogging.
Hire Bell Tents and camping equipment in Scotland

Posts: 1183 | From: The Granite City | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive]

I have just resigned from one of my teaching posts (they were requesting voluntary redundancies, it is a course that I find hard to fit around my other commitments and taking this redundancy may protect my other courses which I'd like to keep). I think I have made the right decision and feel quite liberated having done so but I have bipolar disorder so the urge to do more work is compelling. Really I want peace of mind about my decision, especially as I sometimes feel guilty about not working more when my husband works so hard (he is very supportive about my decision and is discouraging me from getting more work). Please pray that I can get rid of some of my anxiety about this.
Many thanks

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  76  77  78 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016