homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2014 (Page 22)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  76  77  78 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2014
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all those facing loss

[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've got a knee op coming up, and so my meds have had to be changed. Now I'm perpetually dizzy, nauseous and having bizarrely vivid dreams.Need to get through today - and really hope I can get an appointment with my GP tomoroow to sort me out.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For healing and immediate pain relief for robert armin.

For my paper to be published.

For a., for healing.

For the telemum.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all who need prayers, especially RA for your surgery.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

May all of Creation be and do a little bit better,

For me: health, general upholding, and private intentions.

Thanks.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord, in Your mercy, hear our prayers. [Votive]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

- Posted      Profile for To The Pain   Email To The Pain   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying.
Posts: 1183 | From: The Granite City | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Got in to see my own GP (first time for months) and she's changed my medication. Now I'm waiting to see if it will sort me out in time to have a bit of fun before I go under the knife on the 16th.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Robert Armin, for healing.

For Golden Key’s health, general upholding, and private intentions.

I haven’t had a very good day today. It’s for Reasons but is still really discouraging. Could do with a boost tomorrow pls kthx.

For the Telemum.

For S. to return home, and to the straight and narrow.

For A., for healing.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

I heard this morning that a long-ago friend, who I still thought of as a friend even though it is decades since we met, collapsed and died at the weekend leaving his elderly mother without her main carer - he wasn't a shipmate [at least I don't think so] but was known to at least one shippie in the hospital chaplaincy circuit in Manchester. He was a Good Man.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[tangent]
Lord, in Thy mercy, wouldest Thou move our sister Telepath, as may be most expedient, to empty her PM box, that she may receive the epistles of divers and sundry Shipmates. Amen.
[/tangent OFF]

Back to real prayers:

[Votive] for all in need, for the soul of WW's friend and for all who mourn him.

Rest eternal grant unto him, O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon him.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Prayers and upholding, please, for a friend of ours, S, in the village - she goes to a big hospital tomorrow for tests for suspected cancer either in the womb or stomach, I couldn't work out which.

[Votive]

--------------------

To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

- Posted      Profile for To The Pain   Email To The Pain   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying.

--------------------
Now occasionally blogging.
Hire Bell Tents and camping equipment in Scotland

Ags

Knocked up
# 204

- Posted      Profile for Ags     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For K in hospital [Votive]

--------------------
I think that we are most ourselves at our best, because that is what God intended us to be. The us we really like, the us that others love to be with. Moth

Posts: 2707 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Bene Gesserit
Shipmate
# 14718

- Posted      Profile for Bene Gesserit   Email Bene Gesserit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For S, as she returns to work after the loss of her husband

For T, that he may find his way back into work

For C's son, as he makes his recovery from TB meningitis

For a private intention

For all who are praying here

Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayer [Votive]

--------------------
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus

Posts: 405 | From: Flatlands of the East | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in any need.

--------------------

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
S, who I asked for prayers for as he was in danger of losing his job, has been pretty much forced into retirement. Prayers as he starts his new life.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Scared.

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

Reading and praying.

--------------------

Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

[Votive] for Autenrieth Road

[Votive] for all who live with fear

[Votive] for all posting here.

And a request for myself. I know I need to move jobs before my present one finishes me off, but have had little idea of what to go on to. Well, I've seen something that (on paper) looks really interesting and which I think I could do well (shame it's very tight on pay, but you can't have everything). Anyway, I'll put an application tomorrow and would love to get an interview so that I can find out more.

--------------------

Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all who are where they would rather not be and those who are not where they need to be. Lord would you tip us ou in to the right places please...

[ 09. April 2014, 18:04: Message edited by: Ethne Alba ]

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Ags' K, for healing.

For Autenreith Road, for safety and the assurance therof.

For Bene Gesserit's S, T and C and for the private intention.

For guidance for Ethne Alba and all of us.

For Nicolemr's S, for the start of a great new life.

For Robert Armin, for healing and a new job.

For Welease Woderwick.

For good habits for me.

For the telemum.

For the f. Family.

For the safe return of S.

For A., for healing.

--------------------

Stejjie
Shipmate
# 13941

- Posted      Profile for Stejjie   Author's homepage   Email Stejjie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
A not particularly-alt-worshippy, fairly mainstream, mildly evangelical, vaguely post-modern-ish Baptist

Posts: 1117 | From: Urmston, Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
Prayers and upholding, please, for a friend of ours, S, in the village - she goes to a big hospital tomorrow for tests for suspected cancer either in the womb or stomach, I couldn't work out which.

[Votive]

We saw S at a distance this morning, she looks terrified. Please continue praying. She has two sons (20 and 7!) who still need their mummy to be happy and well.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

--------------------

Taliesin
Shipmate
# 14017

- Posted      Profile for Taliesin   Email Taliesin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for my friend J, who has just miscarried her first baby. And for her husband, also J.

Lord in your mercy, help them through this.

Posts: 2138 | From: South, UK | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

Reading and praying.

--------------------

Stejjie
Shipmate
# 13941

- Posted      Profile for Stejjie   Author's homepage   Email Stejjie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

Not someone known personally to me, but Lynn Green, the (fairly) new General Secretary of the Baptist Union of Great Britain has asked for prayers after being diagnosed with breast cancer. Apparently the prognosis is very good, but she is still asking for prayer during her treatment.

--------------------
A not particularly-alt-worshippy, fairly mainstream, mildly evangelical, vaguely post-modern-ish Baptist

Posts: 1117 | From: Urmston, Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

- Posted      Profile for agrgurich   Email agrgurich   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all

--------------------
Life is a comedy to those who think & a tragedy to those who feel.-Horace Walpole

AJG

Posts: 4478 | From: Michigan's Copper Country | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jemima the 9th
Shipmate
# 15106

- Posted      Profile for Jemima the 9th     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Am sad. Today would have been my mum's birthday. I miss her. I do try to pray but have so little faith and so much noise in head I can't.

Ho hum.

Posts: 801 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

quote:
Originally posted by Jemima the 9th:
Am sad. Today would have been my mum's birthday. I miss her. I do try to pray but have so little faith and so much noise in head I can't.

Ho hum.

[Votive] these anniversaries are so hard, be easy on yourself.

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

[Votive] for Jemima. All these anniversaries hurt.

--------------------

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My granddaughter, Miss M, has been coping well with chemo etc. However, she started another round of a different drug on Sunday night. Was in hospital till Wednesday afternoon and then was sent home. This is a particularly nasty round. She was back in hospital last night after vomiting all afternoon. The anti-nausea drug effect finished before the chemo effect. So horrible for anyone, but she's a tiny nine year old.

Prayers appreciated for her and for the family as it is very disruptive to the brother and sister.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A category 5 cyclone will cross the Australian coast today. A 5 is the worst there is. Desolation expected, and disaster.

I don't think any of tne Ship folk live up there, but thousands of other Aussies do... And tourists.

Prayers welcome.

--------------------
"May I live this day… compassionate of heart" (John O’Donoghue)...

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's already caused great destruction in Honiara in the Solomons. I get updates from a friend who goes there regularly and he hears from various pastors. Lots of damage and lives lost.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  76  77  78 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016