homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2014 (Page 26)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  76  77  78 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2014
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for the repose of the soul of my cousin, June, who died in the night today.

[Votive]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need, and for the soul of June. May she rest in peace and rise in glory.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

- Posted      Profile for To The Pain   Email To The Pain   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying.

--------------------
Now occasionally blogging.
Hire Bell Tents and camping equipment in Scotland

Posts: 1183 | From: The Granite City | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Chamois
Shipmate
# 16204

- Posted      Profile for Chamois   Email Chamois   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases

Posts: 978 | From: Hill of roses | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Daughter-Unit's Mom-in-law was rushed to the hospital in a lot of pain. I'm leaving now to be with her.

Please pray.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Several different bits of bad news today. Each of them relatively small and manageable; put all together, my life is falling apart and I can't see what to do. Hence I'm on here at 1 am, when sleep is something affordable that will do me good. I'm tired of life sliding inexorably downhill

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all. Robert, may God clasp you tightly to his bosom. He will not let you fall apart.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
D-U's M-i-L (J) was resting peacefully in her hospital room when D-U and I left her this evening. They've almost ruled out anything with her heart.

Thank you all for your prayers. Please continue!

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

For me: health, general upholding, and private intentions. Thanks.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
R is getting anxious about his angioplasty next week so would appreciate some upholding. He says they have said it is done without aneasthetic [Eek!]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
praying [Votive]
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have decided to leave my present job, or rather no to return when my sick leave runs out on Thursday. Let's simply say it wasn't doing me any good, and I can't bring myself to return. This is a bit scary, as I have no other options open and I think I need a whole career change, but I think it's for the best despite that. Prayers for the future would be appreciated.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for comfort for the anxious, may the Lord grant us all quiet brains and straight paths.

[Votive]

Our previous priest, Fr T, retired but still living and ministering in the parish, died this morning. We were just preparing celebrations for his diamond anniversary.

Eternal Rest grant to Him O Lord. [Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Nanny Ogg

Ship's cushion
# 1176

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Ogg   Email Nanny Ogg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This evening I had a phone call to say that my Mother has been taken to hospital with breathing difficulties. She's been moved from A & E to a ward and is having tests. I have been put on "standby" to go down and visit her but at present I have a chest infection.

For information my Mum is 85, has dementia and is unable to walk, used her hands, chew food or talk. We have a care clause stating "no resuscitation" because of the poor quality of life she has.

Please pray that I will get a doctor's appointment on Monday and be well enough to visit her; for my brothers who have had a closer relationship with her; and for nursing staff both at the hospital and the care home; and for me to be able to cope with making last minute travel arrangements and decisions with my mental health problems, and to be free from pain with the traveling.

--------------------
Buy me a beer and I'm you friend forever

Posts: 4137 | From: Away with the fairies | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need, especially JJ, Daughter-unit and m-i-l; R. for courage for his operation; Robert Armin for wisdom and guidance in what to do next; and Nanny Ogg, her mum and family.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

cattyish

Wuss in Boots
# 7829

- Posted      Profile for cattyish   Email cattyish   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
R is getting anxious about his angioplasty next week so would appreciate some upholding. He says they have said it is done without aneasthetic [Eek!]

I've seen angio's done. It's amazing how tiny everything is, and how much detail you can see on the screen. I think the patients and I are equally fascinated at the process. All the very best to R.

Cattyish.

--------------------
...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived, this is to have succeeded.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1794 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
cattyish

Wuss in Boots
# 7829

- Posted      Profile for cattyish   Email cattyish   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For peace of mind and good care for R and her family, who are dealing with bereavement and illness and long-distance commuting to be with each other through these times. May all this be manageable and may R have the peace that isn't as the world gives.

Cattyish, hopefully praying.

--------------------
...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived, this is to have succeeded.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nanny Ogg

Ship's cushion
# 1176

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Ogg   Email Nanny Ogg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you for your prayers for my Mother [Votive]

I have spoken to my other brother at lunchtime and they think that Mum has fluid on her lungs as a result of food reflux. They are giving her antibiotics, giving her oxygen and using a nebuliser. Sadly she is unable to cough up any fluid and when she tries it takes all her strength and energy [Frown]

--------------------
Buy me a beer and I'm you friend forever

Posts: 4137 | From: Away with the fairies | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all here [Votive]

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For ArachnidinElmet, Cattyish, ChastMastr, Golden Key, jedijudy, Lamb Chopped, PeteC, Nanny and Mummy Ogg, Robert Armin, saysay, and Welease Woderwick.

I really need to get my work project ready for a deadline in about 6 weeks so prayers for success without stress would be much appreciated.

I had to submit my paper without anyone else to read it so I'm praying it's accepted, as there's embarrassment at stake here. I really need it to be published.

I am really worried about visiting cat who has injured his front paw, hopefully only a sprain but it's really swollen now. Any other cat we would have taken to the vet by now, but he really hates to be touched and also literally knows the word "vet" and jumps thirty feet in the air at the mention of it. If he's not improved by tomorrow we'll have to try to take him in, but I'm worried it won't be worth the emotional trauma, and also that he'll be impossible to catch.

Also, finance monster needs banning.

visiting cat's "mum" is now visiting Ethiopia because her sister died. Her son is still in jail in Pakistan. Poor woman. Prayers for her to get through it all please.

[ 27. April 2014, 19:40: Message edited by: Telepath ]

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
I am busy with several personal projects at the moment and my bipolar disorder makes me easily waylaid so please could you pray that I remember to remain dedicated to my paid work too. This is especially important as I have a busy month ahead preparing for the end of the academic year. Many thanks.

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

I need help with a couple of things and I don't know who to ask. Some guidance would be useful.

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all who need prayers.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

[Votive]

--------------------

To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

- Posted      Profile for To The Pain   Email To The Pain   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying.

--------------------
Now occasionally blogging.
Hire Bell Tents and camping equipment in Scotland

Posts: 1183 | From: The Granite City | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I got an immediate rejection of my paper which is too specific to be in scope for that journal.

I think I'm going to have a hard time finding a journal with the right scope, and in general I'm upset at having to do all this totally on my own.

I could do with some guidance and comfort right now.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

cattyish

Wuss in Boots
# 7829

There seem to be a few people looking for direction. May the guidance you all need find you, in the form of inspiration and as people who help.

Cattyish, Praying.

--------------------
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

Well it worked for me, within minutes of that prayer a journal confirmed that the abstract was in scope. I hope I can reformat it small enough to fit in their very bijou size requirements.

Visiting Cat is much better, though he's probably in substantial pain. [Frown]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

We take R into hospital today and hopefully he will have the angioplasty tomorrow and the plan is to bring him home Friday - DV.

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for Amani and Omar and their children. They live in Eqypt, I knew them in Qatar. They are very good people. Amani was my great rescuer once, in a small way. Omar was my mother's great rescuer once, in a big, big way. He is a journalist. She is a teacher. They were strong and vocal supporters of the original revolution. (not the MB)

Now we can't find them. they've disappeared off FB and not answering emails. it's scary.

We'd like to know they're safe. preferably not in Egypt and in some very boring country somewhere. oh please oh please.

They are the kind of people who are the best of humanity.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all who need prayers, especially R. for his surgery, and WW and R's family; Telepath for her publications (and Visiting Cat); and for the safety of Amani, Omar and their family, and all who are suffering because of the warlike intentions of their country's leaders.

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord, in Your mercy, hear our prayers. [Votive]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

Having to reformat this paper from hell is sucking the life out of me and demotivating me from doing my regular work.

I need to actually get the stupid thing published this time, and I need to go into superhero mode instead of self-loathing mode. I'm a grownup, I'm supposed to have all the powers of a grownup [brick wall]

--------------------

Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Am very ill. I have an appointment at hospital tomorrow, but I may end up in Emergency Room tonight. Please pray.

Praying for all here.

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Niteowl

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

[Votive] Niteowl

[Votive] Omar, Amani and their family

[Votive] all in need

--------------------

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Paid work. On horizon. Coming closer. Please God.
Been here before, so hard to hope.
But got to.

Thanks

[ 29. April 2014, 18:51: Message edited by: Ethne Alba ]

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  76  77  78 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016