homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2014 (Page 27)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  ...  76  77  78 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2014
Ags

Knocked up
# 204

- Posted      Profile for Ags     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Niteowl [Votive]

--------------------
I think that we are most ourselves at our best, because that is what God intended us to be. The us we really like, the us that others love to be with. Moth

Posts: 2707 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Apologies for the double post.

I'd appreciate prayers for the family and friends of H, who took her life today. She'd previously been suffering from Post Natal Depression, but seemed to be getting better and had gone back to work. She leaves her husband and 2-year-old son.

[Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
BessLane
Shipmate
# 15176

- Posted      Profile for BessLane   Email BessLane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just got a phone call that my daddy (step-dad actually, but the one who deserved to be called daddy) dropped dead of a massive heart attack on a plane coming home from a cruise in the Med. My mom is stuck in Shannon waiting for the Irish authorities to do what ever they have to do to release his body for shipping back to the States. I'm wigged out. And crying like a baby and sad and mad and angry. So, please, pray for my mom,my sisters, and my family.

This freaking sucks!!!!!

--------------------
It's all on me and I won't tell it.
formerly BessHiggs

Posts: 1388 | From: Yorkville, TN | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

- Posted      Profile for agrgurich   Email agrgurich   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers,please, I've got a fractured s spine & severe constipation.

[Votive] for a ll.

--------------------
Life is a comedy to those who think & a tragedy to those who feel.-Horace Walpole

AJG

Posts: 4478 | From: Michigan's Copper Country | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
ErinBear
Shipmate
# 13173

- Posted      Profile for ErinBear   Email ErinBear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]
Posts: 2441 | From: California, USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

Niteowl [Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm so sorry, so much trouble right now... [Votive]

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

- Posted      Profile for Nenya     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lamb Chopped:
I'm so sorry, so much trouble right now... [Votive]

This. Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
They told me I was delusional. I nearly fell off my unicorn.

Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all that need prayers NOW!

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

- Posted      Profile for To The Pain   Email To The Pain   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying.

--------------------
Now occasionally blogging.
Hire Bell Tents and camping equipment in Scotland

Posts: 1183 | From: The Granite City | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Some pain and worrying symptoms. Next week, the biopsy. After that, I'll see.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need, especially Niteowl, Agrgurich, and PeteC, and for the souls of H. and Bess's dad, and all who mourn them.

Rest eternal grant unto them, O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon them.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying [Votive]

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

[Votive]

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers, especially for PeteC. For all on the thread here.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for me, I received some distressing news today.

Prayers for all here. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

- Posted      Profile for To The Pain   Email To The Pain   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying.

--------------------

Earwig

Pincered Beastie
# 12057

- Posted      Profile for Earwig   Author's homepage   Email Earwig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Plz to pray... I am doing a big thing tomorrow. Please pray the anxiety monkeys don't take over my brains, and that I don't mess anything up.
Posts: 3120 | From: Yorkshire | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

I was not able to get on the computer, all the things in my house were broken down and no hotting anything, nothing available, no cooking, no hot water, not tea or coffee, no food. It was tried to be fixed Monday and it broke off on Tuesday, and another man came today and worked all day. Lots is fixed and he will come again on next Thursday to do the rest.

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] so many needs; Lord meet them all.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bene Gesserit
Shipmate
# 14718

- Posted      Profile for Bene Gesserit   Email Bene Gesserit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord, in your mercy, hear our heartfelt prayer [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus

Posts: 405 | From: Flatlands of the East | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

[Votive]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all who need prayers.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

Reading and praying.

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Continuing to [Votive]

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
kaytee
Shipmate
# 3482

- Posted      Profile for kaytee   Email kaytee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'Lying is a vital survival skill – and a terrible habit.' ~ The Doctor

Posts: 152 | From: Hertfordshire, UK | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
JoannaP
Shipmate
# 4493

- Posted      Profile for JoannaP   Email JoannaP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Things are rather difficult here - there is a long Hell thread about the problem - and we are both rather upset; it is looking as if we are going to have to get a solicitor involved. The obvious temporary solution is something I am deeply unhappy about; I know my reaction is irrational but it is still there. [Help]
So things are fraught and I think we have had more spats this week than the rest of the year so far. [Frown]

--------------------
"Freedom for the pike is death for the minnow." R. H. Tawney (quoted by Isaiah Berlin)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1877 | From: England | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For peace and justice for JoannaP.

For fixing of daisymay’s infrastructure.

For success for Earwig at the big thing.

For Nicolemr.

For PeteC, for healing.

For Niteowl.

For agrgurich, for healing.

For Lamb Chopped.

For BessHiggs, her mom, her sisters and her family.

For the family and friends of ArachnidinElmet’s H, in particular her husband and son.

For paid work right away for Ethne Alba.

For Omar, Amani and their family.

For Niteowl, for healing.

For Welease Woderwick and for R., for healing.

For guidance and help for saysay.

For focus and success for Heavenly Anarchist.

(Visiting Cat is completely healed, so thanks for prayers)

For S., whose sister has died and whose son is detained in Pakistan. Lord have mercy.

For keeping the Finance Monster at bay.

Finally submitted the paper at 5 this morning (and then again at 10 this morning) after extensive reformatting to finicky editorial standards. I better not have to do this again soon. Could the thing please be published, kthx.

I have just under six weeks to complete the big Thing project at work. For a smooth ballet of efficiency for me, please. And for a weekend free from anxiety about it all.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

R goes into hospital today [accompanied by Himself and Herself] with a tentative date of Tuesday or Wednesday for the bypass surgery. Prayers and upholding appreciated.

Meanwhile I think I must have left my ATM card in the machine yesterday after all that kerfuffle so praying it will have been handed in to security otherwise I have to order a new one and that will take about a week!

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for R, and upholding for S and little A and A.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
infinite_monkey
Shipmate
# 11333

- Posted      Profile for infinite_monkey   Email infinite_monkey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My friend and first love took his life at some point within the past three days. I called in the police welfare check that led to the discovery of his body.

Prayers for his...whatever it is that's out there...and for all the people who are reeling from this now.

--------------------
His light was lifted just above the Law,
And now we have to live with what we did with what we saw.

--Dar Williams, And a God Descended
Obligatory Blog Flog: www.otherteacher.wordpress.com

Posts: 1423 | From: left coast united states | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Joan Rasch
Shipmate
# 49

- Posted      Profile for Joan Rasch   Email Joan Rasch   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Special prayers for you too

--------------------
* A cyclist on the information bikepath

Posts: 509 | From: Boston, MA USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For healing for Welease Woderwick’s R. And return of the ATM card.
For upholding for S et al.

For infinite_monkey, for the soul of infinite_monkey’s friend, and for comfort for all those left behind.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

I'm so sorry. [Votive]

--------------------

Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So sad to hear of all the troubles above. Reading and praying comfort for all. [Votive]
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially R. for his surgery and for the soul of Infinite Monkey's friend, and for those who mourn him.

Rest eternal grant unto him, O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon him.

--------------------

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisydaisy
Shipmate
# 12167

- Posted      Profile for daisydaisy   Email daisydaisy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Posts: 3184 | From: southern uk | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  ...  76  77  78 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016