homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2014 (Page 32)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  76  77  78 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2014
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Don't feel bad, Doc Tor. There are very few people whose lives or those of their loved ones haven't been touched by the evil that is cancer. Five years ago I lost my brother-in-law to liver cancer, and now D's b-i-l is recovering from surgery for bowel cancer.

[Votive] for all who suffer, for all who love them, and for all who have lost their battle, may they rest in peace and rise in glory.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland; for the healing of past and present hurts; for a joy-filled future.
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord, in Your mercy, hear our prayers. [Votive]

Special prayers for anyone who's been affected by Ken's death. My father died four years ago, shortly after being diagnosed with myeloma (a type of bone marrow cancer). Sometimes, just the smallest thing can be a trigger and set the memories off. Lord, grant our little ship safe passage through this difficult time.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

A special [Votive] Doc Tor. I had lost both my parents to cancer by the time I was 40, Dad quickly to stomach cancer just before I got married, a decade later my mum died in less than a year to bowel cancer/liver secondaries. Memories are indeed triggered by all sorts of things, sometimes with deep sadness but also happy memories as time passes.
May God be with you all as you go through this painful journey.

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Yorick

Infinite Jester
# 12169

- Posted      Profile for Yorick   Email Yorick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I can't pray, but I'd like to butt in and say that I'm thinking very much of poor ken and his family and friends, and all Shipmates who are feeling sad, and send my heartfelt condolences.

--------------------
این نیز بگذرد

Posts: 7574 | From: Natural Sources | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

- Posted      Profile for To The Pain   Email To The Pain   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying.

Prayers for those finding everything just so tiring.

--------------------
Now occasionally blogging.
Hire Bell Tents and camping equipment in Scotland

Posts: 1183 | From: The Granite City | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Kitten
Shipmate
# 1179

- Posted      Profile for Kitten   Email Kitten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I know its a very minor thing, but please can you pray that my Son Matt finds his car keys in the next few hours, one of the children has hidden them and he needs to collect his Grandmother from the station this afternoon

--------------------
Maius intra qua extra

Never accept a ride from a stranger, unless they are in a big blue box

Posts: 2330 | From: Carmarthenshire | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all

[Votive] for D's family and friends

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for those who grieve
[Votive] to find that which was lost

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
MrsBeaky
Shipmate
# 17663

- Posted      Profile for MrsBeaky   Author's homepage   Email MrsBeaky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all who are struggling to keep their heads above the waters of loss and grief-
God hold you
[Votive]

--------------------
"It is better to be kind than right."

http://davidandlizacooke.wordpress.com

Posts: 693 | From: UK/ Kenya | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kitten:
I know its a very minor thing, but please can you pray that my Son Matt finds his car keys in the next few hours, one of the children has hidden them and he needs to collect his Grandmother from the station this afternoon

Tony, Tony, come around
Something's lost that must be found...

[solidarity from a chronic key loser.]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need, and especially just now for all who mourn.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

Three weeks to go before Conference and I'm still being denied facility time, even though I can prove that I don't need to be in the office that week. I need to write a very careful email to my line manager today, suggesting a compromise. So far, he has tried to portray himself as a touchy-feely manager (which he isn't!), while making me sound rather incompetent to our senior HR manager. The truth is that I'm ahead of schedule, which he would know if he bothered to speak to me. Your prayers for some good words and an improved relationship would be appreciated.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Nanny Ogg

Ship's cushion
# 1176

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Ogg   Email Nanny Ogg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My mum passed away yesterday at 8.20pm after a long illness. Prayers would be appreciated for me and my brothers as we come to terms with it and all the things we now have to do. Mum is at peace and reunited with my dad who she dearly loved. Her spirit is dancing free.

--------------------
Buy me a beer and I'm you friend forever

Posts: 4137 | From: Away with the fairies | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

- Posted      Profile for To The Pain   Email To The Pain   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying.

--------------------

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nanny Ogg:
My mum passed away yesterday at 8.20pm after a long illness. Prayers would be appreciated for me and my brothers as we come to terms with it and all the things we now have to do. Mum is at peace and reunited with my dad who she dearly loved. Her spirit is dancing free.

Prayers for your mother, you, and your brothers. May your mother have peace, joy and rest in the light and glory of our Risen Lord.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need

[Votive] for all who grieve

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please could I ask for more prayer?

I'm still having problems with the tummy pains I mentioned a couple of days ago. It's not like anything I've had before and it's frightening me. I just want it to all GO AWAY.

And this evening I'm seeing my vicar to chat about the problems I'm having at church. Please pray that I can say what I need to say, that he will understand and maybe even be able to suggest a solution.

Thank you so much.

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For a dear friend E. who has a brain tumor, and her husband W and their two sons.
E is now at home with her family with palliative care for however long she has left.

For peace and strength for these days for all of the family as they prepare for E to go home to the Lord she loves.

For their older son J who will be sitting his GCSE exams in the coming weeks in the midst of this.

For all of us who have been touched by her life, family and friends, for whom this news is so hard to bear.

[ 22. May 2014, 12:46: Message edited by: Lucia ]

Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
busyknitter
Shipmate
# 2501

- Posted      Profile for busyknitter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Catching up with the rest of the world for the first time in a few days so can I add my prayers for all mourning the loss of loved ones or dealing with devastating illness, in particular Doc Tor, Nanny Ogg and Lucia's friend.
Posts: 903 | From: The Wool Basket | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Tear] Nanny, love and prayers for you and the family.

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
please pray 1) that I get the job, and 2) that it turns out to be as cool as it looks like it might be.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For the repose of the soul of M, a good and gentle man. May he rest in peace and rise in glory.

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying [Votive]

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For C; D & T; C & S; C; M and R; I ask your prayers.

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all who need prayers, especially Nanny Ogg and the soul of Mummy Ogg.

May she rest in peace and rise in glory.

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

--------------------

To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

Reading and praying.

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

So many needs [Votive]

Lord, hear our prayer,
And let our cry come unto thee.

--------------------

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
From Purgatory:
quote:
Originally posted by Tulfes:
Just heard about the fire at GSA. No idea how bad it is.

Can we pray for the this architecturally outstanding building, please.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Gwai:
From Purgatory:
quote:
Originally posted by Tulfes:
Just heard about the fire at GSA. No idea how bad it is ...

No no no no no!

[Waterworks] [Waterworks] [Waterworks]

GSA is one of my favourite buildings in the world. [Votive] for those who are trying to save it, and who will try to restore it.

--------------------

Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For D, who gets into trouble so easily...

[Votive] For the Glasgow School of Art, and all firefighters.

[Votive] For a restful few days ahead.

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My God, my God, ...

For a horrible situation, which keeps on finding new ways to be horrible, I ask your prayers for healing.

--------------------
Truth

Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The evidence suggests that the damage to the GSA is very severe. A really sad loss, that may not be possible to properly restore - or if it does, will take a lot of time and money.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
JoannaP
Shipmate
# 4493

- Posted      Profile for JoannaP   Email JoannaP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have had a talk with the occupational health people at work and it feels as if they are going to bully me to return sooner than I think is sensible. Apparently it is bad for me to be off work so long, and I will be better if I go back. [Eek!] The OH adviser showed no interest in talking to my GP or anybody else concerned and ignored my worries that my manager will not co-operate with a phased return to work. After a 30 minutes phone call, she knows what is best for me. [Help]

Please pray for wisdom for me, that I will work out what is best for me to do, and the courage to do it. And praise God for my wonderful, supportive husband and all NHS staff involved in my care.

--------------------
"Freedom for the pike is death for the minnow." R. H. Tawney (quoted by Isaiah Berlin)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1877 | From: England | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

[Votive]

--------------------
Truth

Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Here is a live blog about the School of Art.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For M.S.M.A., M.M.M., and T.A.J.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all who need prayers, especially JoannaP and Autenreith Road, and for the souls of H. and D., two gentlemen from our congregation who have recently died, and for those who mourn them.

Rest eternal grant unto them, O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon them.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

A special [Votive] for the crew of the Cheeki Rafiki and their families and friends after the latest news.

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  76  77  78 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016