homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2014 (Page 37)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  ...  76  77  78 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2014
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just had a message on FB from our son - his boss has "run out of money" and so Rob is losing his job. Please pray that something will come up to enable him to stay in thye South east or that his girlfriend will get a job in South Wales - either way, he needs a job.

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have been sick several times today and I feel like that happening again ! I was out visiting my friend and she chose food... for us to eat. I feel awful.

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Lothlorien’s brother, for healing.

For sophs, and all who will miss her friend.

For MrsBeaky.

For St Gwladys’ son to find another good job in the area, and/or that his girlfriend will get a job in South Wales. Also for his boss, of course.

For daisymay, for healing.

For AVR, OV, IV, JP et al.

For PZ, HJ, XY, LD, HS, and QZ.

For the smooth ballet of efficiency.

For the Telemum.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord, in Your mercy, hear our prayers. [Votive]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm in hospital waiting for a cataract operation. Last time it all went swimmingly. Prayers please that it's the same this time.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all who need prayers, especially Gussie for your surgery.

I was born with congenital cataracts, and have had surgery on both eyes, with no ill-effects whatsoever.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for me. I made a right mess of our finances this month and we have no money for food or money to pay our insurance premium for our renter's insurance. If, God forbid, something happened to our condo, we would owe a ton of money and get kicked out because we're required to have that insurance. Getting to a food bank is hard for us because neither my wife or I drive. Please pray we can get some money from my proofreading or selling a drawing... [Waterworks]

--------------------
God gave me my face but She let me pick my nose.

Posts: 3451 | From: Tacoma, WA USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you for praying for me - I am now better and not again getting anything out - I have eaten a little and that's OK. [Overused]

[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. Lord, in your mercy....

Please would you pray for me? I fell and sprained my ankle last week while away on a short break. I dosed myself up with painkillers, put and elastic bandage on and hobbled around the following day...
Although I can (could) walk on it perfectly well after a day or two, the skin around the ankle is swollen and painful to touch and the sensitivity extends about half way up my leg on the outside. It aches constantly and is driving me mad. I have a doc's appointment in the morning, hoping to be referred for some physio and to be prescribed some anti-inflammatories. I could take ibuprofen now, but I don't want to "mask" the symptoms tomorrow morning at the doc's.
Google is NOT my friend as I have scared myself with what it might be.
And I was particularly proud of my slender ankles...the only part of my legs I would display in public. Not now.

For us all - Lord knows, we need prayer [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For daisymay, Gussie, St. Everild, and The5thMary.

Urgently, for B.

[ 12. June 2014, 21:06: Message edited by: Telepath ]

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm afraid I might have bollixed up my chances of getting that job. I'm not even sure if I should be hoping to get that job, but feeling rather scared now.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord, hear our prayers. [Votive]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

Someone from another department has been made available to help my team out while we are so short-staffed. I'm training him up this afternoon, ready to start on Monday. Thank You, Lord! [Yipee]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you for the prayers. It all went well and I can now SEE out of my right eye!
St Everlid, that sounds nasty, hope it gets sorted pronto.
Praying for everyone else who posts here, specially Telepath and her brilliant summing ups.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Abigail:
Last minute request: I have another doctor's appointment in just over half an hour. Prayers that I can get some sort of answer/help/explanation for the problems I'm having would be appreciated. Thank you

And this afternoon I'm going for a scan... please pray if you can. I feel so depressed about all this. God, please make it all go away. [Waterworks]

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gussie:

Praying for everyone else who posts here, specially Telepath and her brilliant summing ups.

Amen [Votive]

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all, esp Abigail this afternoon.... [Votive] [Votive]
[Votive]

I have just returned from the hospital - GP sent me for x-ray, which shoved that I have been walking around on a broken ankle for 10 days. Eek. Now in a plaster cast, with a zimmer frame, unable to drive. Or walk. Fracture clinic next week.

[Frown]

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive] I pray that you both make a quick and eventful recovery and that Abigail gets some answers.
I'm off to Kentwell Hall this afternoon, to do some Tudor re-enactment for a week. This is the first time we have done anything like this so please pray that we settle in well and quickly learn the ropes. Especially pray that my husband gets a good rest from his 21st century pressures and that my two children are happy there.
Many thanks
Annie

[ 13. June 2014, 12:16: Message edited by: Heavenly Anarchist ]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

St Evelid, for speedy healing and hoping not being able to drive doesn't limit you too much
For Abigail for answers
Heavenly Anachist - Have a wonderful time.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need, especially those with health, employment or financial issues.

And an extra [Votive] for Persephone Hazard, Busyknitter and all the family, friends and Shipmates who will bid farewell to Ken today.

Rest eternal grant unto him, O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon him.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For a private intention.

--------------------

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For MSMA, MMM, and TAJ.

For AAEF and 24 others.

--------------------

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I GOT A JOB! iGOTAJOBIGOTAJOBIGOTAJOB...

(thank you God, oh thank you)

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by piglet:

And an extra [Votive] for Persephone Hazard, Busyknitter and all the family, friends and Shipmates who will bid farewell to Ken today.

Rest eternal grant unto him, O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon him.

This.
[Votive] for Abigail
[Yipee] for LC

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Lamb Chopped:
I GOT A JOB! iGOTAJOBIGOTAJOBIGOTAJOB...

(thank you God, oh thank you)

[Yipee] Congratulations! [Yipee]

--------------------

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

R, in hospital recovering from a nasty infection in an operation wound and waiting for a restitch when the infection clears up, has now developed Dengue Fever! The whole city is built on reclaimed land so there are a lot of mosquitoes about.

Congratulations to Lamb Chopped!

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

Special [Votive] for all who are ill or injured, especially Abigail, St Ererild and R.

And a big [Yipee] for Lamb Chopped! Thank You, Lord!

--------------------

St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

Thank you for prayers answered....and praying for all who have asked. [Votive]
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all,

and a big [Yipee] for Lamb Chopped!

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My wider family desperately need ... something. Not sure what.
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
St. G

Praying like mad for your son. He is a lovely boy and deserves the best...

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
An oddball request. One of my Alanon meetings was just informed by the church where we meet of a rent increase that is so draconian that some people, including me, think it's actually a way to tell us to get out without saying so. Please pray that after representatives of the group meet with the church they decide on something less outrageous.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Busyknitter and Persephone Hazard and all the shipmates mourning ken.

For Abigail.

Yay Lamb Chopped!

For Nicolemr's Al Anon meeting.

For North East Quine and family.

For St Gwladys' son.

For St Everild.

For Welease Woderwick's R.

For two immediate ambitions, one medium term ambition, and a couple of longer term ambitions.

For good habit forming.

For the Telemum.

In praise for B's recovery.

For R and for G and for S.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all who need prayers.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for a nearby church going through a difficult time - can't say any more, so I'm afraid it's a bit vague.

Thank you all for your love and support

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

Fantastic news on the job front Lamb Chopped.
I could do with prayers that my son is also back in work soon.

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
R.I.P. Harry Masser, Jr. (1922-2005)

I miss you, Dad!

[Tear] [Votive]

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all fathers who have died. Heavenly Father, hold them and us in your eternal love. Amen.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need.

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  ...  76  77  78 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016