homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2014 (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  76  77  78 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2014
To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

- Posted      Profile for To The Pain   Email To The Pain   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying.

May have to have a very difficult conversation with someone I like but don't know well. Should just continue being as big and brave as I can.

--------------------
Now occasionally blogging.
Hire Bell Tents and camping equipment in Scotland

Posts: 1183 | From: The Granite City | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lothlorien:
Thanks to all for prayers. First dose of chemotherapy seems to have been tolerated quite well.

That is an encouraging start.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please continue to pray for Jo and her family. She talked with her family yesterday but has slept all day today and her kidneys still aren't working.

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bene Gesserit
Shipmate
# 14718

- Posted      Profile for Bene Gesserit   Email Bene Gesserit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord, hear our prayers [Votive]

--------------------
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus

Posts: 405 | From: Flatlands of the East | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all those posting on the "It's about killing yourself..." thread. Even those who would never dream of coming here and asking for prayers.

Perhaps, especially for those. [Votive]

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please keep S in your prayers, the doctor says she is one of a kind because she has a multiple melanoma cancer that only over 60 and african american people seem to get. Oddly, she is none of the above.
Her bones keep breaking and it's painful. It's so sad.

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog:
For all those posting on the "It's about killing yourself..." thread. Even those who would never dream of coming here and asking for prayers.

Perhaps, especially for those. [Votive]

Seconded. [Votive]
Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all posting here

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Jo has had some sort of major brain incident. Her husband has asked the doctors to continue treatment over the weekend so her family can visit - treatment will then be withdrawn. Please pray for an easy passage for Jo, and God's comfort for her family, especially for her two teenage daughters, her husband and her mother.

--------------------

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sherwood
Shipmate
# 15702

- Posted      Profile for Sherwood     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying.
Posts: 62 | From: Finland | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged
Bene Gesserit
Shipmate
# 14718

- Posted      Profile for Bene Gesserit   Email Bene Gesserit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Could I please ask for Shipmates' prayers? Long story, but I have to apply for my own job next week...

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all who need prayers, especially those fighting serious illness, their families and those who are looking after them.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
May everyone have a blessed 2014.

I've been away from the computer more lately, not from bad reasons -- just due to changes in my routine and responsibilities. And I've basically been away from the Ship, not having the time to get into interesting but time-consuming discussions. But this is one part of the Ship I've missed and don't want to be away from, and hope to continue to be a part of this prayer navy. Knowing that Shipmates have been praying for me has been very strengthening and comforting.

I give thanks that over 2 years since my diagnosis of metastatic melanoma the small mets have remained stable and small and I remain feeling very healthy. God is SO good.

Prayers for everyone on the Ship and all the needs expressed on this thread:

for the repose if the soul of Danielle, and for Pete C and all who loved her.

fot St Gwladys' Jo and her family

for Ye Olde Motherboard's S

for Lothlorien's Miss M

for Telepath, may her productivity flourish (non-stressfully), the finance monster be crushed under her heel, and Visiting Cat be happy and healthy

for all who feel their life is not worth living

for Bene Gesserit, having to undergo the grimness (and, IMHO, the humiliation) of having to re-apply for one own's job.

for the feral cat family of 5, mama, a real sweetheart, and 4 young ones (all weaned) -- i was able to get mama spayed, and she is temporarily recuperating post-op inside -- to the annoyance of Pulsar, my feline housemate of 5+ years. May the whole family have safe lives, and may the little ones get placed

for me to make more productive use of the time God has given me; for me to somehow better organize my life and finances (the Finance Monster has been seen lurking in the area), and may i be able to coordinate what i need to coordinate to finally get a car.

for my energetic, talented and big-hearted cousin that he may get a more mature focus in his life (he's in his late 30s)

[ 12. January 2014, 00:26: Message edited by: malik3000 ]

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Little Miss M came through the first chemo session quite well. However doctors are still concerned about the pancreatitis developing so strongly so soon. Her blood sugar levels are also elevated, almost to the point of needing insulin. This is possibly a side effect of her other treatment but is being watched closely.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
latecomer
Apprentice
# 8966

- Posted      Profile for latecomer         Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Keep it simple - I can do simple

Posts: 27 | From: Somerset | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying [Votive]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

Thanks to everyone who prayed for Jo - I've had a message on Facebook that she died this morning. Please keep praying for Rob, her husband, Emma and Betan, her daughters, Sylvie, her mother and all the rest of her family. May she rest in peace and rise in glory.

--------------------

Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My stupid little problems seem so unimportant compared with other people’s, but if anyone can pray for me I’d really appreciate it. Yet again I’ve come home from church feeling I want to either hit someone or curl up in a corner and cry. Surely church shouldn’t do this to you. I’ve had enough of it all and don’t know what the answer is.

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Scarlet

Mellon Collie
# 1738

- Posted      Profile for Scarlet         Edit/delete post 
Abigail, praying [Votive]

Praying through for all requests and for those endured but not spoken. [Votive]

--------------------
They took from their surroundings what was needed... and made of it something more.
—dialogue from Primer

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Suze

Ship's Barmaid
# 5639

- Posted      Profile for Suze   Email Suze   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've got a bit of a week coming up, struggling with a recurrent mental health problem and possibly facing from difficult work decisions. In the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal but in my befuddled, anxious mind it's massive.

[Votive]

--------------------
' You stay here and I'll go look for God, that won't be hard cos I know where he's not, and I will bring him back with me , then he'll listen , then he'll see' Richard Shindell

Posts: 2603 | From: where the angels sleep | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Anglo Catholic Relict
Shipmate
# 17213

- Posted      Profile for Anglo Catholic Relict   Author's homepage   Email Anglo Catholic Relict   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all those whose grasp of life is slipping away, and who feel themselves to be unsafe. Praying for the protection of our guardian angels for all of us, but especially at such times.

[Votive]

For all those who grieve.

[Votive]

For all intentions.

[Votive]

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chamois
Shipmate
# 16204

- Posted      Profile for Chamois   Email Chamois   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases

Posts: 978 | From: Hill of roses | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
Bene Gesserit
Shipmate
# 14718

For C's son, who has been hospitalised with what is apparently simultaneous meningitis and TB.

For T, that he'll overcome various obstacles and be back in work.

--------------------

Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for our church, which has been targetted with horrible and dirty acts of vandalism. Our people have been alarmed while working in the building (*) and they need to be safe until things are sorted out.

Please pray especially for our clergy and volunteers, and for all the people who use the building for prayer and peace during the week.

May the closes on either side of the building be filled with God's light. May His holy angels stand guard, and His spirit enfold in love to all who come near. May all people who step inside find a garden for their soul, find freedom, find home.

(*) Vestry is on the case from a practical point of view with safety routines, city council and police.

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all who need prayers, especially C's son and T., Little Miss M., all those struggling with Life Situations, Mad Cat's church, St. G's Jo and her family and friends and A., a gentleman who used to sing in our choir, who died on Friday.

Rest eternal grant unto them, O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon them.

[ 13. January 2014, 02:13: Message edited by: piglet ]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through. Lord in Your mercy, hear our prayer. . [Votive]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

- Posted      Profile for To The Pain   Email To The Pain   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying.

Prayers please for the family of D, a member of the church I grew up in who was found dead last week totally unexpectedly. Especially for his older kids H and P who have difficult decisions to make about going back to university.

And thanks my revelations are being taken positively by those I rely on. May my family follow suit as soon as they can.

--------------------

Sherwood
Shipmate
# 15702

- Posted      Profile for Sherwood     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying [Votive]
Posts: 62 | From: Finland | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for the friends and family of M-P who died of bastard cancer on Sunday morning.

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

- Posted      Profile for agrgurich   Email agrgurich   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all

--------------------
Life is a comedy to those who think & a tragedy to those who feel.-Horace Walpole

AJG

Posts: 4478 | From: Michigan's Copper Country | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

LutheranChik
Shipmate
# 9826

- Posted      Profile for LutheranChik   Author's homepage   Email LutheranChik   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for me. I've been feeling unwell for a week now, in what seems to be yet another manifestation of trouble following the anesthesia reaction/respiratory failure incident I had a couple of years ago. I've been getting bouts of lightheadedness and weakness that seem to come and go randomly, and it's made me fearful of exercise, of walking outside, of doing many everyday things. My photosensitivity -- one of the original issues I had -- has also seemed to be focused now on certain kinds of fluorescent lighting, like the lights in supermarkets or other "big box" stores; if I don't wear dark glasses I start feeling like a seizure is coming on. It's just been very wearying and disheartening. I'm going to see my neurologist this Thursday

--------------------
Simul iustus et peccator
http://www.lutheranchiklworddiary.blogspot.com

Posts: 6462 | From: rural Michigan, USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Holding us all in the living, loving Light - esp. LutheranChik as I know what that is like and how weird and disorientating it can be.

[Votive]

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord, in Your mercy, hear our prayers. [Votive]

I'm starting to panic about a meeting tomorrow afternoon that will contain a number of opinionated (male) technicians, so there is likely ro be a lot of testosterone floating around. As the only female manager in our department, I find this type of meeting difficult, as i feel forced to act in a louder, more strident manner just to make myself heard - and this isn't really 'me'. It can be very wearing and your prayers would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

Reading and praying.

--------------------

Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

- Posted      Profile for Margaret   Email Margaret   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've been hesitating about posting, as I don't know what I'm asking people to pray about, but I have a friend who emigrated to Australia years ago, and for the past fifteen years or so we've been in regular touch by text and email. She was diagnosed with cancer two or three years ago and since her treatment it's been in remission. She suddenly stopped communicating in mid-September, and apart from a brief birthday greeting a few days after her last email I haven't heard a thing from her since. I sent her an e-card for her birthday ten days ago but it hasn't been opened. I just don't know what's happening to her; she's a technophobe so it could be that there's something wrong with her computer, she could be very busy, she could be in hospital with a recurrence of the cancer. Of course I fear the worst but I hope I'm wrong. Please would you pray for P, whatever her circumstances?
Posts: 2456 | From: West Midlands UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Suze

Ship's Barmaid
# 5639

- Posted      Profile for Suze   Email Suze   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] praying my way through

--------------------
' You stay here and I'll go look for God, that won't be hard cos I know where he's not, and I will bring him back with me , then he'll listen , then he'll see' Richard Shindell

Posts: 2603 | From: where the angels sleep | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  76  77  78 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016