homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2014 (Page 47)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  ...  76  77  78 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2014
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please may I ask your prayers for the repose of my father in law, Rex's soul.

He passed away suddenly this morning.
And for my husband and all their family, especially my mother in law. They were on holiday together abroad so she is alone and far from home

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Mrs Shrew in the loss of her father-in-law, and for Mr Shrew and his mother and the rest of their family to be comforted in their loss.

For WW’s A and R, for healing.

For Pete and for the soul of Harry.

For daisymay to get it all done.

For piglet’s A, for healing. And for piglet’s father-in-law.

For ChastMastr.

For Ariel, and for her cousin and aunt in the loss of her uncle. For a better rest of the year and a better 2015.

For Heavenly Anarchist and family to be renewed and refreshed. For healing for those facing health issues.

For Mrs S’ church, for guidance as to what to do next.

For Huia, for peace and stability.

For the return of Sir Kevin’s keys and the smoothing of medical bureaucracy.

For Late Paul to start doing better.

For Pine Marten’s C and Mr C.

For Ags’ S and A, for hope.

For swift success in the job hunt for JoannaP.

For continued healing for tessaB.

For a way better job for Lamb Chopped, stat.

I believe I handled the political situation with grace and aplomb. Peace be upon B. And for ultimate and immediate success of the project, and acceptance of a related proposal.

For Jengie Jon’s mother. And for M.

For resolution for the family known to cattyish. For Churchy to find peace and for Mother Churchy to be taken care of, and for S to do well in her new job and new home.

For LeRoc to say and do the right things.

For glorious employment for Robert Armin.

For a happy outcome for Brenda Clough’s friend.

For Alan Cresswell et al, for a successful move to Japan.

For Kitten and her son Matt.

For Penny S’s N.

For a safe journey for Nicolemr and her brother.

For Golden Key, for health, general upholding, and private intentions.

For jedijudy’s M&M.

For Abigail, for tact and understanding all round.

For Cottontail’s niece.

For A. to get that contract.

For K., for healing; and for R.

For G. and her sons S. and S.

For S.

For B., for healing.

For T.

For travelling mercies for the Telemum and me.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need, especially for the soul of Rex, and for Mr. and Mrs. Shrew, their family and all who mourn his loss.

May he rest in peace and rise in glory.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord, in Your mercy, hear our prayers. [Votive]

I am struggling with the emotional burden of looking after my elderly mother. She doesn't live with us and there have been a couple of scares lately. We've never been close. Your prayers would be appreciated, please.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For the repose of the soul of E, and for her daughter, L, who's nearly 3.

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For the soul of Rex. For Mr and Mrs Shrew and all others who mourn him.

For Starbug and her mother.

For the repose of the soul of Japes’ E, and for her daughter L.

For travelling mercies for the Telemum and me.

For T. and his daughter.

For G. and her sons S. and S.

For M. and her family.

For B., for healing.

For K. dealing with a narcissistic mother: a loss that just keeps on taking.

Peace be upon B.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Zoey

Broken idealist
# 11152

- Posted      Profile for Zoey   Email Zoey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Would appreciate prayers please. Thank you.

--------------------
Pay no mind, I'm doing fine, I'm breathing on my own.

Posts: 3095 | From: the penultimate stop? | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Travelling mercies, please, for my daughter and son-in-law as they fly across the pond today to begin a long-deferred honeymoon.

I ask also for prayers for my son's partner, who is having some health issues and will be getting some news from the doctor today.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying! Also I am VERY grateful that money has come in--some as a loan and some as an unexpected windfall--so, God willing, we can get through the rest of the summer AND finally replace the car! It will be a very cheap car, but ideally a more reliable one!!

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Little A, mentioned earlier, is out of hospital but still quite poorly. Littler A, his brother, came top of his class and is a very chuffed little lad - so thanks, praise and continuing prayers.

[Votive]

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
for my co-workers, please. pretty much all of them.

K is having to leave before the season is out to take care of her in-laws, one of whom has dementia, and now his wife has fallen and suffered severe brain damage. tough challenge ahead.

L is married to an alcoholic and is on the verge of leaving him. with four kids, this is really tough stuff.

J is divorcing his wife and struggling with all that entails.

A was told to move out last night and asked for a divorce. first thing this morning he got a call that his wife had attempted suicide.

all of these have confided in me in the last day or two and I ache for them.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need, especially Zoey, Mamacita's family and Little A. And well done Littler A! [Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for Comet's friends and coworkers.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

[Votive] for Comet's friends and coworkers.

--------------------

ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all!

Please pray for guidance in our car replacement. We need to make the wisest decision--and my classes start again in two weeks (45 minutes drive one way four times a week).

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

--------------------

Alban
Shipmate
# 9047

- Posted      Profile for Alban   Email Alban   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
About time I asked for prayers.
I 'have' 2 jobs.
Job one: Relatively casual. Has not been offering me work for a while - I have worked about 2 months in the last year, since the supervisory team changed.
Job two: Financial challenges are leading to the eradication of my job, upcoming redundancy.

I've been applying for jobs for months (job one has been making life very financially difficult) - Grand total of 2 interviews in that time. Not sure exactly how I'm going to tell my family and loved ones about the upcoming redundancy, either.

--------------------
Whoever you are, wherever you go, Hophtrig is your friend!

Posts: 722 | From: Under a (long white) cloud | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

chive

Ship's nude
# 208

- Posted      Profile for chive   Email chive   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The last couple of weeks have been very stressful and my body has finally given in. A cold became bronchitis which has now become pneumonia. I had a chest xray today and started antibiotics but the problem is I can't afford to take any more time off work. I have to do a 12 hour shift tomorrow then I've got a couple of days off. Please pray that I can get through it.

--------------------
'Edward was the kind of man who thought there was no such thing as a lesbian, just a woman who hadn't done one-to-one Bible study with him.' Catherine Fox, Love to the Lost

Posts: 3542 | From: the cupboard under the stairs | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] chive

As someone else who started antibiotics yesterday for a chest infection that I left too long, I know quite how knackering and painful it is. Hope the antibiotics kick in quickly enough for you to work tomorrow.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
also please pray for H - an exchange student we had here for a year, who ran my son's chess club and was generally an excellent guy. He returned home to Gaza in time for war. He's just a kid. the whole town is holding our collective breath for him.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] praying.

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need.

And a request for prayer for me - the Bishop wants to see me to discuss some possibilities. This is good news (possible paid employment) but also a bit scary.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alban
Shipmate
# 9047

- Posted      Profile for Alban   Email Alban   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Whoever you are, wherever you go, Hophtrig is your friend!

Posts: 722 | From: Under a (long white) cloud | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

Praying. [Votive]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially Comet's friends and colleagues, Chive and CK for health and RA and Alban for meaningful employment.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Continuing to hold us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for R & L, parents of A & A's wife H. H has given birth to a healthy baby girl, who is brain dead, and cannot live long. The entire family is devastated.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially RA's friends and the little girl.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Tear]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Continuing to hold us all in the Light - particularly my knees!

All here, as well, of course, and all working for the cause of peace globally.

[Votive]

--------------------

Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

You are holding your knees in the light? Does this involve yoga?

--------------------

MrsBeaky
Shipmate
# 17663

- Posted      Profile for MrsBeaky   Author's homepage   Email MrsBeaky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
God meet us all at our points of need.
[Votive]

--------------------
"It is better to be kind than right."

http://davidandlizacooke.wordpress.com

Posts: 693 | From: UK/ Kenya | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need (or in WW's case, kneed), and especially for those whose lives are being torn by war and strife.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  ...  76  77  78 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016