homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2014 (Page 56)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  ...  76  77  78 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2014
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord, in Your mercy, hear our prayers. [Votive]

I saw my GP last night and he has signed me off for a week, plus prescribed some different sleeping tablets as the first lot weren't working. I know this doesn't fix things in the long-term, but for now it's wonderful to know I don't have to struggle into work every day.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all who post here, and those that feel they cannot.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My dad signs a DNR form tomorrow. Not that there's much left of him to resuscitate, so it's a bit of box ticking, really. I imagine I'll be heading south soon. [Frown]

[ 24. September 2014, 18:18: Message edited by: Doc Tor ]

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Posts: 9131 | From: Ultima Thule | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Repeating after Arabella Purity Winterbottom, ChastMastr, comet, Doc Tor and Dad Tor, Cottontail, Kitten, Lyda*Rose, piglet, Pine Marten, Golden Key and Starbug.

Unveiling the dreaded Project tomorrow. Gulp.

Going to submit the paper on Friday. I have been working on this on top of my regular job for over a year and I feel like I have been leading a secret double life except that the secret life was really boring and my daytime life was the one with all the fun in it. I really would like to continue with my day job for a good long time into the future, please.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying. [Votive]
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hoping to hear I've got a second interview tomorrow or Friday. Please pray for Mr. Lamb, who is overwhelmed with stress (partly due to worry about my job situation)? Also for LL, who is under treatment for major anxiety.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My father is being knocked sideways by chemotherapy.

Someone I love dearly seems to be teetering on the brink of a relapse of mental health issues.

Another member of my wider family has ongoing problems.

My Beloved Goddaughter is not settling well into secondary school, is deeply unhappy and is sharing the misery.

And I can't find the notes I need to write the paper I'm delivering on Saturday.

[Waterworks]

Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all pupils finding secondary school hard [Votive]

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please of your charity pray for young N, nephew of a friend of mine, and his family. N is only 15 and is in deep deep trouble with the law.

Nothing is too big for God to handle, but his family aren't believers and they need a miracle.

I keep telling myself 'lucky we none of us get what we deserve'.

Thank you [Votive]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Chamois
Shipmate
# 16204

- Posted      Profile for Chamois   Email Chamois   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For North East Quine's notes to turn up safe and sound and soon

[Votive]

For all the requests on this board

[Votive]

--------------------
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases

Posts: 978 | From: Hill of roses | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
LRP
Shipmate
# 5013

- Posted      Profile for LRP   Email LRP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive]
Posts: 420 | From: Yorkshire lass, born and bred. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Lamb Chopped to get that job, and for Mr Lamb and LL to feel peace.

For healing for North East Quine’s father. For good health for North East Quine’s loved one, and resolution of the family member’s problems. For Beloved Goddaughter Quine to thrive at secondary school. And for the return of the notes.

For Mrs S’ N, for peace and justice, even if a miracle is needed to achieve that.

I hit the Dreaded Project out of the park! Now all I need to do is get the Paper From Hell published and sell the boss not only on the idea of the PhD but of extending my contract. SO NO PRESSURE THEN.

For S. and S. and G. For a particularly unfair treatment of S. at school to be revoked.

For me to get rid of the Finance Monster, be more disciplined, etc. I hate being more disciplined, but I also hate being less disciplined.

For M., for healing.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying....
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in any need.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

The Paper from Hell is submitted at last.

Praying that it gets accepted this time.

If it falls into the hands of one of my Nonpreferred Reviewers (which could happen despite their being Nonpreferred) then it won't matter how good it is - rejection is inevitable.

So, may I ask, not rejection. Acceptance. kthx.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Great God Precipitation has chosen to grace drought stricken coastal California with rain this week.

aaaand everybody is bitching and moaning about it. [Big Grin]

Please pray that the Cosmos will ignore our ingratitude and grace us with more rain-- there is supposed to be more coming this week. [Votive]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

--------------------

Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I haven't posted for a while but I've been reading and praying.

[Votive] For all here.

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, and for Kelly to get rained on (did I really say that?).

--------------------

Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

- Posted      Profile for Qoheleth.   Email Qoheleth.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
RIP Laurie, who intermittently slept in our church porch and was found dead this week in suspicious circumstances.

[Votive] For all who live a transient and rootless life in the midst of plenty [Votive]

--------------------
The Benedictine Community at Alton Abbey offers a friendly, personal service for the exclusive supply of Rosa Mystica incense.

Posts: 2532 | From: the radiator of life | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For a private intention.

For S and K delivering a new baby right now!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need or distress, and for the soul of Laurie.

--------------------

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Pray please for my friend and lover who has posted here occasionally as apostate630 and who is in the hospital with pneumonia.

Prayers for all here. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

Ditto Kelly on the rain.

For me: continued anti-"gremlin" energy, general health and upholding, and private intentions.

Thanks.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

--------------------

Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm going away for five days later today. Please pray that all goes smoothly, that I meet up with my friend without any problems, that the break does me good and my various health problems and worries don't get in the way.

And for all here [Votive]

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Peppone
Marine
# 3855

- Posted      Profile for Peppone   Email Peppone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for Hong Kong.

That protestors will sincerely and with deep reflection and intention commit to non-violence.

That the police will not resort to firing live rounds.

--------------------
I looked at the wa's o' Glasgow Cathedral, where vandals and angels painted their names,
I was clutching at straws and wrote your initials, while parish officials were safe in their hames.

Posts: 3020 | From: Hong Kong | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for Hong Kong

[Votive] for Abigail

[Votive] for Goldenkey

[Votive] for S&K and their new baby

[Votive] for apostate630

[Votive] for all above

Lord, let your peace and strength be in all hearts and minds. Amen.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Still out of work, but a job has come up that I would really like. The closing date was Friday, so I should hear any day now if they want to interview. Despite my best efforts not to get too worked up about this, I am on tenterhooks. If this one doesn't work out, it's hard to see that anything ever will.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Best of luck, RA - go for it! [Smile]

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

Lord, in Your mercy, hear our prayes. [Votive]

I'm going back to my GP today, to ask if he can sign me off for a bit longer. While I'm feeling a bit better, I don't feel strong enough to go back to work, because my employer will expect me to be firing on all cylinders again. If I can't be signed off, I'm hoping to negotiate a phased return, to ease myself back into work more gently.

--------------------

Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you piglet. It's too soon to give up hope, I do know that, but the waiting is making me uncomfortable.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive]
I have toothache, am awaiting dental surgery and on antibiotics. Please pray that it will be better soon. Also that Doctors can find out what is going on with my immune system to cause these problems.
Many thanks
Annie

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for the victim, and that the US health authorities manage to track his contacts.

[Votive]

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  ...  76  77  78 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016