homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2014 (Page 70)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  ...  76  77  78 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2014
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need, and for the soul of Polly Plummer's sister-in-law. May she rest in peace and rise in glory.

[Votive]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Amen. Lifting up the Shipmates. [Votive]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
fullgospel
Shipmate
# 18233

- Posted      Profile for fullgospel   Author's homepage   Email fullgospel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] praying for all

the living [Votive]

and the dead [Votive]

maranatha [Votive]

--------------------
on the one hand - self doubt
on the other, the universe that looks through your eyes - your eyes

Posts: 364 | From: Rubovia | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Of all the days in the year, I hate December 1st. There are too many memories climbing to the surface. My eldest brother, Paul, left this world too early 20 years ago. Today would have been his 76th birthday. Happy Birthday, Jay. I love you.

Also on December 1st, my father, Paul Sr, was killed on Highway 401. He was also 56. I love you, Dad. I still miss you, even if I am now an old man myself. You were a great father, and I am so sorry I never got to know you on an adult level.

I pray for the both of them tomorrow. May their souls rest in peace.

[Votive] [Tear]

[ 30. November 2014, 19:58: Message edited by: Uncle Pete ]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in any need, and especially those for whom Advent is a difficult time.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks be to God, b's brainscan is clear of cancer. Just the lungs and bone to worry about--which is enough. Please, God.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord, in Your mercy, hear our prayers. [Votive]

I return to work this morning after nearly two months off with stress. Please let this phased return go better than the last one!

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Almost at the end of the only term of school that she could get to this year, Miss M has more drama. She fell at school this morning and has broken her left wrist. Please pray for swift healing and no complications for her.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sherwood
Shipmate
# 15702

- Posted      Profile for Sherwood     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all here [Votive]
Posts: 62 | From: Finland | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged
fullgospel
Shipmate
# 18233

- Posted      Profile for fullgospel   Author's homepage   Email fullgospel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
for uncle Pete, starbug [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

for all here [Votive]

all elsewhere [Votive]

[Votive] all intentions

[Votive] fears and hopes [Votive]

--------------------

ErinBear
Shipmate
# 13173

- Posted      Profile for ErinBear   Email ErinBear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]
Posts: 2441 | From: California, USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I ask your prayers for my daughter and her husband. This Thursday my son in law has a full body scan to make sure the thyroidectomy got everything. Please pray the cancer did not spread into lymph nodes or bone tissue. Also on the same day my daughter is having an operation on her right wrist. Please pray for good outcomes for both of them.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Did the math and made our request for survival money (readers may recall that we were hit pretty badly by not one but two expensive, unrelated car repairs in the same week) known on Facebook. Please pray.

Also for someone I know via World of Warcraft (a fellow C.S. Lewis fan who referenced the Space Trilogy in his character's name, so we chat) whose father is dying of heart stuff. And for the father too.

And for some loved ones whose adult son has been and is being, in my view, downright cruel to them, but I don't think it proper to give more details than that.

And for Cubby's health, what with ... very frustrating crap he's been dealing with with doctor, pharmacy, and insurance. (He's on Medicaid and switched insurers to have access to a good nephrologist, but everything else in that system seems to be much worse, so he's switching back as soon as possible. Till that happens, we're genuinely worried about the care he's getting--or, rather, not getting.)

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
fullgospel
Shipmate
# 18233

Mamicitta, ChastMastr and all mentioned here

and all supplicants [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
An update on my prayer request for Miss M. It is her left thumb, not wrist, which has been broken.

As I suggested on antipodean thread, at least she was well enough to be playing handball and that is a blessing after the year we have had.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lothlorien, Lamb Chopped, Mamacita, ChastMastr, Starbug, Uncle Pete.

One paper accepted, one to go. The one still to go is the Big Bad.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Polly Plummer
Shipmate
# 13354

- Posted      Profile for Polly Plummer   Email Polly Plummer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

...and for the colds that most of us in this house seem to be 'enjoying' at the moment.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

First morning back went well. I spent most of it clearing out my mailbox (if Outlook didn't keep telling me that my mailbox was nearly full, surely there would be room for more emails to arrive...?) Apart from that, my manager and I have agreed a plan for my first week. Thanks again for all your prayers, which are so appreciated.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
JoannaP
Shipmate
# 4493

- Posted      Profile for JoannaP   Email JoannaP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Starbug - so pleased your return to work started so well. Praying that it continues that way. [Votive]

--------------------
"Freedom for the pike is death for the minnow." R. H. Tawney (quoted by Isaiah Berlin)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1877 | From: England | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
fullgospel
Shipmate
# 18233

[Votive]

--------------------

ErinBear
Shipmate
# 13173

- Posted      Profile for ErinBear   Email ErinBear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Posts: 2441 | From: California, USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
Chamois
Shipmate
# 16204

- Posted      Profile for Chamois   Email Chamois   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for my friend L, who has been very badly treated by a loved one. Again.

And for the loved one, please, who is in a bad way but this doesn't excuse appalling behaviour.

Thank you.

--------------------
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases

Posts: 978 | From: Hill of roses | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I had a difficult conversation with my sister yesterday, where she said there was no point in us ever communicating again as our relationship was over. While I'm sure this was meant as a rhetorical attack, on reflection she may be right. Either way, it's all a little fraught, especially with Christmas coming up. Prayers would be most welcome.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The problem with sibling relationships is that they are hardly ever so neatly over. Prayers for you, RA, and pray for me too as I negotiate the minefield that my relationship with my surviving brother has become.

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
fullgospel
Shipmate
# 18233

for siblings here [Votive]

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Many thanks Uncle Pete. It has long puzzled me why the Bible uses the family as an image of what Christian relationships should be, given that so often the whole situation is a mess.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nanny Ogg

Ship's cushion
# 1176

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Ogg   Email Nanny Ogg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for Joyful Noise who once was a frequent poster on these boards.

He is in hospital and in a lot of pain. Please pray for God's healing and peace of mind for him and his family.

[Votive]

--------------------
Buy me a beer and I'm you friend forever

Posts: 4137 | From: Away with the fairies | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Starbug, Chamois' L, Robert Armin.

Submitted the Big Bad paper today. just please let it be accepted kthx.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

My cold seems to me to be spiralling out of control but then I'm just a bit of a drama queen where these things are concerned - anyway I have cancelled tomorrow's day out which may upset a few people but when I am like this I am not fit company for anyone!

As for families - my brother and I get on quite well now that we live 5,500 miles apart and see one another perhaps once every few years!

[Votive]

--------------------

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Praying for all.

(((Joyful Noise and Parrot))) [Frown] [Votive]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially those dealing with health, financial or family difficulties.

WW is right, sometimes distance can be beneficial to sibling relationships. I'm lucky enough to have always got on reasonably well with my brother and sister, but probably more so now that we're on opposite sides of the planet.

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Robert Armin:
Many thanks Uncle Pete. It has long puzzled me why the Bible uses the family as an image of what Christian relationships should be, given that so often the whole situation is a mess.

Perhaps it's more a matter of Christian relationships being like a family, and therefore messed up?

[Votive] , especially for those dealing with a difficult holiday season.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sherwood
Shipmate
# 15702

- Posted      Profile for Sherwood     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord have mercy [Votive]
Posts: 62 | From: Finland | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged
fullgospel
Shipmate
# 18233

readin n aprayin [Votive]

--------------------

Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nanny Ogg:
Please pray for Joyful Noise who once was a frequent poster on these boards.

Give him my best, and tell him that I miss him. I will be praying for him.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Laura
General nuisance
# 10

- Posted      Profile for Laura   Email Laura   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. - Erich Fromm

Posts: 16883 | From: East Coast, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

My best to Joyful Noise etc. He was always good value when he posted regularly.

My eldest nephew (son of my late eldest brother) is back on drugs. Have spent the morning dealing with phone calls and emails from other family members. He soaked a lot of money out of his brother and me with stories that became fuller of holes until someone did a check.

Pray for all of us too. We will never see a penny of that money again.

--------------------

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Robert Armin
Some of us just have to accept that our birth family (sometimes a family we marry into) is made up of people who only have part of their DNA sequence in common.

Some of us go to wider family events offering up prayers that our siblings/ parents don't choose the event to carry on a decades-long row or whatever.

Not all brothers and sisters get on - you may find a cause for the hatred and/or resentment in your upbringing but it may just be that you have nothing in common and don't particularly like each other.

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all here [Votive]

And please would you pray for my work colleague H, whose dad, B, is having surgery today for prostate cancer... for peace of mind for H and her mum and that the operation will "work".

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

fullgospel
Shipmate
# 18233

[Votive]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  ...  76  77  78 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016