homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Pacifica plays... Australia, NZ and the like! (Page 28)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Pacifica plays... Australia, NZ and the like!
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My house looks like a pop-up Christmas shop. I seem to have become the craft hub for several generations of creative recyclers. We are making things for some charity stalls in December so it will only get worse over the next fortnight. Poor TP!

Today four grandchildren are arriving to dress the biggest tree and no doubt it will be vastly entertaining for five minutes, and then the fun will begin. I still have not worked out how to discourage toddlers from taking everything within their reach off the tree and posting ornaments in interesting places. I suspect I will still be finding things come Easter. Hohoho [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I would be thrilled by that thought. And laughs at Easter create family stories, especially if said toddlers grow into stodgy teens and adults.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
DangerousDeacon
Shipmate
# 10582

- Posted      Profile for DangerousDeacon   Author's homepage   Email DangerousDeacon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
New Bishop is now consecrated and installed, no significant hitches, everyone seems very happy. First celebration of the Eucharist by him at the Cathedral this morning, in brand new Mitre & Cope with polished Crosier, again everything went well, the conclusion of the service being dancing led by the Bishop of the Torres Straits. One exhausted Dean finally home from the office, looking forward to a well earned Monday sleep in.

Thanks to God that everything went well, even the weather was as kind as it can be at this time of year.

--------------------
'All the same, it may be that I am wrong; what I take for gold and diamonds may be only a little copper and glass.'

Posts: 506 | From: Top End | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Evangeline
Shipmate
# 7002

- Posted      Profile for Evangeline   Email Evangeline   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For the Diocese, the new Bishop and the very tired Dean. May the Advent Season proceed smoothly and the top End thrive in the New Year.
Posts: 2871 | From: "A capsule of modernity afloat in a wild sea" | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What next! With just over a week left of school for her, Miss M fell at school and has broken her left wrist.now all plastered and in a sling. She couldn't get through her only school term this year without some extra drama.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Some confusion now. It appears thumb may also be involved but I don't know if that is in addition to wrist or instead of wrist. Bandage extends to elbow.

[ 01. December 2014, 07:47: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
With any of the possibilities, not a good end to the year.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh poor Miss M. That's the last thing she needed.

Prayers ascending. [Votive]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What a head-banging way to end the year Loth. Prayers for the young lady.

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Pete:
What a head-banging way to end the year Loth. Prayers for the young lady.

Turns out to be the thumb. At least she was well enough to be playing handball!

--------------------

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yes, there is that.

--------------------

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

My son just sent a picture through of Miss M, no plaster or bandages, doing thumbs up with both hands. Perhaps there was too much swelling when she hurt it for a proper diagnosis.

--------------------

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yay!

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Excellent!

Meanwhile I'm off for dinner in the enemy camp.

*sigh*

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I feel for you Zappa, some of my enemies are pretty camp, too.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dennis the Menace
Shipmate
# 11833

- Posted      Profile for Dennis the Menace   Email Dennis the Menace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
I feel for you Zappa, some of my enemies are pretty camp, too.

[Axe murder]

--------------------
"Till we cast our crowns before Him; Lost in wonder, love, and praise."

Posts: 853 | From: Newcastle NSW Australia | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
rexory
Shipmate
# 4708

- Posted      Profile for rexory   Author's homepage   Email rexory   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Listening to DD on ABC Radio.

--------------------
Our first words on getting to heaven will be "Ohhh!", with an air of "Now I understand!" - CS Lewis, via Philip Yancey, "What Good is God", 2010

Posts: 2974 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lothlorien:
... Miss M, no plaster or bandages, doing thumbs up with both hands ...

Excellent! [Yipee]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
DangerousDeacon
Shipmate
# 10582

- Posted      Profile for DangerousDeacon   Author's homepage   Email DangerousDeacon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by rexory:
Listening to DD on ABC Radio.

Hi Rexory, glad you caught it! Yes, the last big service of the year, the 40th Anniversary of Cyclone Tracy, broadcast nationally on ABC Local Radio. It was great to see the Cathedral packed, not with the usual suspects, but will all sorts of people from all over the City.

So, having now organised a consecration of a Bishop and then the Cyclone Tracy Remembrance service, the Cathedral Parish Council is giving me a week's rest. Blessing be upon them!

--------------------
'All the same, it may be that I am wrong; what I take for gold and diamonds may be only a little copper and glass.'

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Enjoy it while it lasts, DD - Christmas is just round the corner ... [Two face]

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
/\

*chuckle*

I survived. Photos on my church FB page if you're interested ...

--------------------

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

You look rather solemn in the photo of the four deans.

--------------------

rexory
Shipmate
# 4708

- Posted      Profile for rexory   Author's homepage   Email rexory   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So, Zappa, you've got rid of a Bishop and a Director of Music. Who's next in line? :-)

--------------------
Our first words on getting to heaven will be "Ohhh!", with an air of "Now I understand!" - CS Lewis, via Philip Yancey, "What Good is God", 2010

Posts: 2974 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

You've got rid of a Director of Music??? [Eek!]

--------------------

Arabella Purity Winterbottom

Trumpeting hope
# 3434

- Posted      Profile for Arabella Purity Winterbottom   Email Arabella Purity Winterbottom   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lovely man, Gary - I sang in the Cathedral Choir in my uni holidays back in the 1980s - and enjoyed the hospitality of him and his wife.

I think Zappa's attributing himself too much power... [Razz]

--------------------
Hell is full of the talented and Heaven is full of the energetic. St Jane Frances de Chantal

Posts: 3702 | From: Aotearoa, New Zealand | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
DangerousDeacon
Shipmate
# 10582

quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:
Enjoy it while it lasts, DD - Christmas is just round the corner ... [Two face]

Christmas is very quiet up here - over a third of the population and half the congregation will have headed south to see the family!

--------------------

Emendator Liturgia
Shipmate
# 17245

- Posted      Profile for Emendator Liturgia   Author's homepage   Email Emendator Liturgia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This is a crosspost with Eccless, but wanted to add it here for our more immediate AU/NZ friends and colleagues.

OK, I know we are already at the 2nd Sunday in Advent - but today we blessed a new altar frontal, burse, veil, chasuble and stole for our little part of the kingdom in Granville (NSW, Aus.) Following new trends (and fortunately not having to worry about such things as authorized colours), ours are in a deep midnight blue, with even darker blue velvet orphreys, edged with silver. On the altar frontal and the ends of the stoles there appears the Advent/nativity star with the Southern Cross as part of the design. Will have pics up soon.

The vestments were made locally by Judith Couley of YJude Vestments (and thanks to BannerLady for suggesting her)- she did a marvelous job under very straining personal circumstances. Judith is very professional, which is why we already have a green altar frontal made by her. At Christmas we will have a new white frontal with a Chi Rho and Crown for the emblem. A passion red set has been designed for 2015, suitable for martyrs and passiontide. Will advise when pics for this are available.

Next week we will be blessing the dalmatics, tunicles and cope which will then complete the new set. Pics then! :-)

--------------------
Don't judge all Anglicans in Sydney by prevailing Diocesan standards!

Posts: 401 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
DangerousDeacon
Shipmate
# 10582

Hello EL. Judith does excellent work, and it sounds like a stunning Altar Frontal. Oh, that we had such things in the deep north!

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

[Votive] oh dear ... daughter unit's marriage appears to be busting up badly [Tear]

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

quote:
Originally posted by Zappa:
[Votive] oh dear ... daughter unit's marriage appears to be busting up badly [Tear]

A particular type of pain and anguish, Zappa.
[Votive] [Votive]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for Zappa and daughter-unit.

--------------------

Latchkey Kid
Shipmate
# 12444

- Posted      Profile for Latchkey Kid   Author's homepage   Email Latchkey Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Thinking of you and your daughter, Zappa [Votive]

--------------------
'You must never give way for an answer. An answer is always the stretch of road that's behind you. Only a question can point the way forward.'
Mika; in Hello? Is Anybody There?, Jostein Gaardner

Posts: 2592 | From: The wizardest little town in Oz | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
rexory
Shipmate
# 4708

[Votive] Zappa [Votive] daughter-unit

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Ah, Zaps! So sorry! [Frown]

--------------------

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

Adding our prayers for a swift resolution of the problems.

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

I'm heading to Melbourne tonight, will find out more then. Zapplette # 6 described it as "messy" which is a fairly powerful adjective in her vocab.

--------------------

Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

- Posted      Profile for Galloping Granny   Email Galloping Granny   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Zappa – for all concerned – shalom
[Votive] [Votive]

GG

--------------------
The Kingdom of Heaven is spread upon the earth, and men do not see it. Gospel of Thomas, 113

Posts: 2629 | From: Matarangi | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

- Posted      Profile for Mr Curly   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Zappa

Mother-in-law passed away yesterday in hospital peacefully. Something of a relief. Memorial service won't be until next week.

Everyone seems OK, Mrs C has 2 weeks off work so is trying to stay calm in the midst of all the busyness. House guests seem likely next week, as father-in-law has sensibly decreed he won't be having any.

We've soldiered on through kids' presentation events this week. All got an award or two, and I find Biggest's "First in Music" and "Best AFL player" an amusing combo as he leaves this school.

I took Biggest for a meeting with the music department at his new college today. Seems he'll be playing piano for the Big Band - both an honour and a stretch for him. New Jazz piano tutor lined up.

There are many things like this that we have to keep doing at this busy time of year, so my job tomorrow is to check we haven't missed anything. At least we can now plan what can and can't be done.

mr curly

--------------------
My Blog - Writing, Film, Other Stuff

Posts: 2645 | From: Curly Flat | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
rexory
Shipmate
# 4708

[Votive] Curly family

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Sorry to hear of your loss, Mr. Curly.

[Votive] for you, your family and the soul of your mother-in-law.

Rest eternal grant unto her, O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon her.

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

So sorry to hear this news. Prayers for you and the family .

--------------------

DangerousDeacon
Shipmate
# 10582

Prayers for Zappa and his daughter and son-in-law [Votive]

Prayers for the Curly ones and the repose of the soul of Mr Curly's mother-in-law [Votive]

Prayers for all those who are anticipating being lonely or bereaved this Christmas. [Votive]

--------------------

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

Mr Curly, May your MIL rest in peace and rise in the glory of our Lord. Prayers also for those who mourn, that they may find comfort.

--------------------

Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

- Posted      Profile for Galloping Granny   Email Galloping Granny   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For the curly family
[Votive]

GG

--------------------
The Kingdom of Heaven is spread upon the earth, and men do not see it. Gospel of Thomas, 113

Posts: 2629 | From: Matarangi | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Vulpior

Foxier than Thou
# 12744

- Posted      Profile for Vulpior   Author's homepage   Email Vulpior   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For all the Curly family.

--------------------
I've started blogging. I don't promise you'll find anything to interest you at uncleconrad

Posts: 946 | From: Mount Fairy, NSW | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
Dark Knight

Super Zero
# 9415

- Posted      Profile for Dark Knight   Email Dark Knight   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for the families of Zappa and Mr Curly.
Please feel free to reach out if I can help in any way. My thoughts and prayers continue with you.

--------------------
So don't ever call me lucky
You don't know what I done, what it was, who I lost, or what it cost me
- A B Original: I C U

----
Love is as strong as death (Song of Solomon 8:6).

Posts: 2958 | From: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Evangeline
Shipmate
# 7002

- Posted      Profile for Evangeline   Email Evangeline   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for Mr Curly & family.
Posts: 2871 | From: "A capsule of modernity afloat in a wild sea" | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Gee D and any others who may be in Sydney CBD...Hope you are all OK.

Dozens upon dozens of emergency vehicles racing along road outside to siege in Lindt cafe. If they can't get through intersection outside, they use the footpath.

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

We have not seen her in a long time on the Ship, but Seraphim Duo's chambers are just around the corner from here as well.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for the people of Sydney. Hope those of you on board here are all safe and well.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016