homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Pacifica plays... Australia, NZ and the like! (Page 5)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  28  29  30 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Pacifica plays... Australia, NZ and the like!
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Evensong:
quote:
Originally posted by Zappa:
Done.

Howd it go?

That's a very young looking Bishop!

I think he's about 51. AFAIK it went okay as I haven't been run out of town. One former shippie was there but I can't yet recall her nomme de ship ... I first met her at a Wellington Shipmeet in about 2005 with Arabella and Cod.

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh - and McChicken was there, too, I think

--------------------

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Evensong:
... That's a very young looking Bishop!

We installed a new Bishop a couple of weeks ago and he's the first one I've come across who's younger than me.

elderly piglet [Help]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

For various reasons I've gone through about five bishops in the last seven years. ++Brisbane is younger than me (only by a few months), my second + Auckland is younger than me, and this out going plus is younger than me. Sigh. Whoever the incoming Plus in this diocese is will be likely to be younger than me.

I suppose I could swim the Tiber - I doubt there's too many young 'uns?

--------------------

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Nah, don't swim the Tiber, it's probably colder than the pool and you want to avoid cramps.

McChicken - now there's a shippie I'd like to see posting again - I wonder if he's been involved in The Hobbit?

Loth - thinking of Miss M. I know children are said to be resilient, but that's a lot for a child to go through. Here young children are given a "bead of courage" for each procedure they have, and it's not uncommon to see photos of of kids with huge necklaces. One child in the paper had over 300 beads on hers.

Waitangi Day here - our national day and although it's p..teeming* up in thr North where the official celebrations are taking place, it's clear and sunny here [Razz] I'm going to the local marae which is hosting a series of events today.

* one of my brother's terms, butsomeone used it on here ages ago (McChicken?) which made me think it wasn't original to him.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Loth - thinking of Miss M. I know children are said to be resilient, but that's a lot for a child to go through. Here young children are given a "bead of courage" for each procedure they have, and it's not uncommon to see photos of of kids with huge necklaces. One child in the paper had over 300 beads on hers.
That's a good idea, Huia. Seeing what Miss M has had in five weeks, I can imagine 300+ beads quite easily.

Twice weekly part of the chemo is by way of intramuscular injections. I've had this sort of thing in the past and I know they hurt. Usually takes at least two nurses to administer. She hates them, but just rolls over and accepts it. Does her own blood sugar tests. Hopefully the diabetes will go when the steroids are reduced but that seems a bit uncertain. Insulin injections several times a day.

I know lots of other children have diabetes but all this in a few weeks for someone who was previously very active and healthy is a bit hard to cope with. I have trouble thinking about it.

Other chemo goes down central line which requires flushing and cleaning and that's not pleasant either.

Resilient is a good word. It's unfortunate we have to use it.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

What an amazing kid ... our prayers will continue for as long as it takes

--------------------

Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

- Posted      Profile for Galloping Granny   Email Galloping Granny   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
For various reasons I've gone through about five bishops in the last seven years. ++Brisbane is younger than me (only by a few months), my second + Auckland is younger than me, and this out going plus is younger than me. Sigh. Whoever the incoming Plus in this diocese is will be likely to be younger than me.

I see a distinguished clerical gentleman in the Prime of Life, wearing an impressive (to a Presbyterian) gold whatsit.
Just watch the policemen, the dentist, the doctors, and the clergy getting younger and younger. My physiotherapist is at least 55 years younger than me – could be my grandson. He's really fixed my latest back disaster, too.

GG

--------------------
The Kingdom of Heaven is spread upon the earth, and men do not see it. Gospel of Thomas, 113

Posts: 2629 | From: Matarangi | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

quote:
One former shippie was there but I can't yet recall her nomme de ship ... I first met her at a Wellington Shipmeet in about 2005 with Arabella and Cod.

I remember ... Jemimah.

--------------------

Vulpior

Foxier than Thou
# 12744

- Posted      Profile for Vulpior   Author's homepage   Email Vulpior   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well, I found out that there's no tickets left for laity for the consecration and installation in Grafton on 1 March. But we have the Friday off and the accommodation booked, so we're going up and I'm going to participate through the video feed in the hall next door to the cathedral.

I want to hang around on the Sunday long enough to go to the new bishop's first mass in her cathedral. I've told Mr Vulpior that it's a historic occasion and he's coming too.

--------------------
I've started blogging. I don't promise you'll find anything to interest you at uncleconrad

Posts: 946 | From: Mount Fairy, NSW | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Miss M stated a new round of chemo this week which goes for 4-5 weeks. They were at clinic yesterday morning at 7:30. Mainly oral this time, several days at clinic and also something at home every evening.

One of the side effects of this lot is that it can cause a rise in temperature. If this goes over 38°, they have to go back to hospital to check whether it's an infection or a side effect. Infection means at least a week in hospital. So we are hoping that she does not have this side effect.

Fortunately, they live quite close to Westmead Children's Hospital, but nevertheless they would rather not have to make unscheduled trips.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

- Posted      Profile for Galloping Granny   Email Galloping Granny   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lothlorien:
Miss M stated a new round of chemo this week which goes for 4-5 weeks. They were at clinic yesterday morning at 7:30. Mainly oral this time, several days at clinic and also something at home every evening.

One of the side effects of this lot is that it can cause a rise in temperature. If this goes over 38°, they have to go back to hospital to check whether it's an infection or a side effect. Infection means at least a week in hospital. So we are hoping that she does not have this side effect.

Fortunately, they live quite close to Westmead Children's Hospital, but nevertheless they would rather not have to make unscheduled trips.

How are her spirits?

GG

--------------------
The Kingdom of Heaven is spread upon the earth, and men do not see it. Gospel of Thomas, 113

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

She's bright and chirpy and was very emphatic about what she wanted to a nurse at the clinic yesterday who wanted to put her pillow just so. It was uncomfortable and she let nurse know in no uncertain terms.

Fortunately the intramuscular injections have stopped for the moment and she is very happy about that, although she endured them without complaint or movement.

I belong to a particular knitting group on Ravelry (like FB for crafters). Most of the members of the group are in Britain or USA. They send her little things via my address. She loves these and the variety has been amazing. One member is going to Iceland soon and will send her postcards from there. The kindness is almost overwhelming and my son has trouble taking it all in.

She loves all these things which arrive specially spaced so not all at once.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers still ascending, Lothlorien - what a brave wee girl.

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Emendator Liturgia
Shipmate
# 17245

- Posted      Profile for Emendator Liturgia   Author's homepage   Email Emendator Liturgia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Loth, prayers continuing for her in our communities - she and all her family are being prayed for in Granville, North Rocks, Rose Bay and Putty: one simply can't have enough banging on the gates of heaven!

--------------------
Don't judge all Anglicans in Sydney by prevailing Diocesan standards!

Posts: 401 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wearing helmets whilst cycling is compulsory here.

This morning I leapt on my bike and raced off (at granny speed) to donate some books to the local Playcentre. On the way I saw kids from the school in my street practising their cycle skills. I was very careful to ride safely and indicate my changes in direction to set a good example [Angel] On the way home I met them coming in the other direction and one of the adults accompanying them tapped his head, as did all the children following. I reached up to my head - no helmet. In my hurry I had overlooked it [Hot and Hormonal]

I wheeled my bike home then sat down and wrote a letter to the children explaining that I had forgotten to put my helmet on, but that I knew this wasn't an excuse. I pointed out that had the police stopped me I would have had to pay a $50 fine. As they had caught me I enclosed $50 for their school.

I think the Principal thought I was a bit nuts when I delivered the letter and explained the circumstances, but he was going to read it out to them this afternoon.

I just hope they don't try to collect from all the bareheaded cyclists they see around.

Honestly though meeting those 5 pairs of disapproving eyes was worse than being stopped by the cops.

Huia - law breaker

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

quote:
Originally posted by Emendator Liturgia:
Loth, prayers continuing for her in our communities - she and all her family are being prayed for in Granville, North Rocks, Rose Bay and Putty: one simply can't have enough banging on the gates of heaven!

Thank you. Prayer , support, gifts have come in from all over the world and we are immensely grateful, almost overwhelmed.

This new lot of chemo may have the side effect of raising her temperature. This would mean another hospital admission and tests to see if it was indeed an infection causing at least seven days there, or one of the side effects.

--------------------

Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

Huia (citizen with a conscience), another patient when the Grandad was in HDU last year was a very fit retired PE teacher who cycled a lot and *always* wore his helmet. One day he got on his bike without his helmet to ride a few houses down the road, was (it's assumed) knocked off by a couple of roaming dogs – major head injuries – flown to base hospital – family gathered to say goodbye – he began to respond to stimulus, and when we left was being transferred to a rehab facility. We'll never know to what extent he'll recover. But a cautionary tale for cyclists, isn't it?

GG

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Thank you. Prayer , support, gifts have come in from all over the world and we are immensely grateful, almost overwhelmed.

This new lot of chemo may have the side effect of raising her temperature. This would mean another hospital admission and tests to see if it was indeed an infection causing at least seven days there, or one of the side effects.

quote:
Originally posted by Lothlorien:
Originally posted by Emendator Liturgia:

Thank you Emli. I told my son this when he returned last night. The prayers of people from SoF are very much welcomed by him and he is grateful and extremely touched by the number. As you say, there can never be too many.

Miss M was readmitted last night with a high temperature. It will be 48 hours before tests show if this is another infection or a result of new lot of chemo.

This sort of thing is common with patients like her but it is very wearing on all. He keeps a bag in the car with spare clean clothes and toiletries. He has gone off this morning with pillow and more stuff in case he has to spend weekend at hospital.

[ 13. February 2014, 20:11: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for the little Miss from me here. [Votive]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Praying this too will pass for little Miss M.

Huia, you are priceless. What a great response from you - most adults I know would have said something extremely rude to any kids who dared to indicate they were breaking the road rules.

Rejoice with me, shippies: the studio slab is down. Walls and roof to be up within a fortnight if the weather permits. I have several commissions awaiting, so I am very keen to inhabit it. TP & I sorted out access and landscaping this morning. I am beginning to believe it will really happen. Woohoo!

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

That sounds wonderful for you, BL. Hope everything falls into place well.

--------------------

Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

- Posted      Profile for Mr Curly   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Miss M

Middle has been off school with a nasty virus all week. When a 14 year old is off his food, you know something is wrong. His birthday party tomorrow is postponed, and he has had to pull out of a rep cricket game on Sunday. Not happy.

Biggest makes his senior debut for North Sydney Cricket Club tomorrow. Weather permitting. I suspect a drive to Liverpool followed by a drive back with no play. We'll see.

M-in-Law is heading into full-on chemo shortly.

I'm still not selling enough books! If anyone likes cricket and wants a review copy, PM me.

mr curly

--------------------
My Blog - Writing, Film, Other Stuff

Posts: 2645 | From: Curly Flat | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for Miss M, Middle and Mr. C's mother-in-law.

BL, health to enjoy your new studio. [Smile]

--------------------

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well, Mr C, from the weather here, there'll be no cricket at Liverpool today. And it probably will be an unpleasant drive. But well done Biggest - who knows what the future holds? The elder son of a couple near here (now 22 or 23) has played for an English county side since leaving school.

Not good news about your MIL, and prayers for her. Middle will be back at school on Monday no doubt.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

- Posted      Profile for Mr Curly   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gee D:
Well, Mr C, from the weather here, there'll be no cricket at Liverpool today. And it probably will be an unpleasant drive.

Yes. Got there to a dry outfield and a covered pitch that revealed itself as unprepared. Came home.

mr curly

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Much welcome rain and coolness here in the South - I hope it is the same where Rowen works. I hear things were a bit crispy in those parts recently.

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Miss M was very ill last night. Lots of doctors visiting through the night and a senior doctor who was relieved to see this morning that there was a slight improvement. "Crackling " in left lung brought a chest x-ray. Note advanced medical terms as used by staff.

She's had nothing but a couple of glasses of strawberry milk all day and as son says, "lights are on but no one is home." Different antibiotics to yesterday.

All this is par for the course as we are assured, but it's very wearing on us all.

[ 15. February 2014, 08:01: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers continue for your grand-daughter, Lothlorien.

Madame's rather poorly this evening, so we cancelled our arrangements and stayed home. I did a quick and simple dinner of bbq steak and a salad. Then cheese and fruit. Nothing more needed.

It's very restful here, with the kooks now silent and just a bit of a breeze in the high trees. Both of us are thinking about winding back at the end of this year. Neither will if the other doesn't.

--------------------

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Thanks Gee D. Hope Madame feels better soon. We had kookaburras down here at 5:00 pm the other day. The sulphur crested cockies usually allow no opposition from other birds, so the kookaburras were welcome.

--------------------

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

Thank you Lothlorien, it's probably one of those things that will be better in a few days. But retirement is looking more tempting.

--------------------

Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I fly home this week... To a parish well and truly burnt. Farms gone. Townships mightily affected. Exhausted chaplains. Stressed people.... I will come in, fresh as a daisy, and BLAM. Work wil. Begin with a bang.

I have had the best of times OS. And now, Thursday on.... Maybe not so good. God be with me.
And with those who are sick.

[ 15. February 2014, 12:30: Message edited by: Rowen ]

--------------------
"May I live this day… compassionate of heart" (John O’Donoghue)...

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gee D:
...retirement is looking more tempting.

It is to be heartily recommended - there is still a lot of living to be done outside w*rk...

...and lots of siestas to be taken!

Holding you in the Light, Rowen, as you reconnect with work.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The emails... The photos.... The FB statuses.... So sad.
So, my thanks

--------------------

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for Rowen and the people of your parish, and for Miss M and Madame D.

--------------------

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

Thank you all for your thoughts. Madame was well enough for both of us to go to church this morning but is having a nap now. One of her sisters will call in tomorrow and see how she is.

WW - I'm self-employed and should I decide to retire, my clerk will simply tell enquirers that I'm not available after the chosen date. Madame has her business and how that's dealt with is not easy. We each have shares in it as does Dlet now, and the manager has some as well. Then there are tax implications to take into account, the desirability of keeping a stream of income from it, and so forth. Dealing with all of this will not be arranged overnight.

Madame does a lot of work from home and has done for many years. I would not want to be at home retired, while she's at home working. And she was the one who made the major rearrangements when we decided to have children. It's only fair that she has the greater say in it.

--------------------

Evangeline
Shipmate
# 7002

- Posted      Profile for Evangeline   Email Evangeline   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for Miss M

[Votive] for Rowen, may God give you the strength for what will be very difficult & tiring work. [Votive] also for your Parishioners and all those affected by the fires.

Posts: 2871 | From: "A capsule of modernity afloat in a wild sea" | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

Never forgetting little M.

[Votive]

GG

--------------------

rexory
Shipmate
# 4708

- Posted      Profile for rexory   Author's homepage   Email rexory   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
40 years ago today, Mrs R and I were married in Geelong. Happy days :-)

--------------------
Our first words on getting to heaven will be "Ohhh!", with an air of "Now I understand!" - CS Lewis, via Philip Yancey, "What Good is God", 2010

Posts: 2974 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

Congratulations to you both We have 37 years coming up in just a few months and would not have changed it for quids.

--------------------

Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

Another fever for Middle and something Mrs C observed has led her to go "Oh, he's got Such and Such!" (auto-immune something) She has promptly taken him off to hospital for intravenous something or other that is required in the circumstances. Hopefully that will set him on the road to recovery - he's been very sick.

But, of course, not as sick as thise who are really sick. [Votive] Miss M

mr curly

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Mr Curly, any child who is sick needs our prayers. Thanks for those for Miss M and I'll pray for your son. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

DIL, Miss M's mother is being absolutely, utterly ridiculous and the other two children are being used as pawns. I can say no more but the situation is just horrible.

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

[Votive] Miss M
[Votive] Master Curly

A very pleasant few days have been spent with Clarence and FD. I think I might need to put my liver through the wash, though ... [Razz]

Biggest week of the year at St Lego's on the Edge ... the Octave of St ArtDeco is bigger the the Second Coming.

I'm only slightly terrified. Slightly.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
... I might need to put my liver through the wash ...

What a wonderful way of putting it! [Killing me] A friend of D's, after spending a couple of evenings in my parents' company, later described them as "Piglet's dangerously hospitable parents".

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

quote:
Biggest week of the year at St Lego's on the Edge ... the Octave of St ArtDeco is bigger the the Second Coming.

I think I'd be terrified too. That's a big programme. Do you need to attend it all?

--------------------

Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

LA Qantas Club.... Caught first plane this morning at 10. Will catch the Qantas plane tonight at 10. Looking forward to home, just not the journey to get there.

Home sweet home.

--------------------

Latchkey Kid
Shipmate
# 12444

- Posted      Profile for Latchkey Kid   Author's homepage   Email Latchkey Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sorry, Haven't called in for a while and I do so looking for something for myself.

I will be in Adelaide on the 4-7 May this year to attend the Spiritual Care Australia conference and am wondering if there any Adelaide shippies who would care to meet up.

--------------------
'You must never give way for an answer. An answer is always the stretch of road that's behind you. Only a question can point the way forward.'
Mika; in Hello? Is Anybody There?, Jostein Gaardner

Posts: 2592 | From: The wizardest little town in Oz | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Arabella Purity Winterbottom

Trumpeting hope
# 3434

- Posted      Profile for Arabella Purity Winterbottom   Email Arabella Purity Winterbottom   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

What, are they making you frock up in period costume? Until you mentioned it, I had forgotten, and I was planning to visit Mum, but maybe...

I do like your name for the building - particularly as it applies to the shape, and the colour scheme inside (Mrs Archbishop Lesser's gift to the diocese, according to my mother).

[Votive] Miss M

--------------------
Hell is full of the talented and Heaven is full of the energetic. St Jane Frances de Chantal

Posts: 3702 | From: Aotearoa, New Zealand | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
James the Confident
Ship's Pastor
# 9678

- Posted      Profile for James the Confident   Author's homepage   Email James the Confident   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Latchkey Kid:
Sorry, Haven't called in for a while and I do so looking for something for myself.

I will be in Adelaide on the 4-7 May this year to attend the Spiritual Care Australia conference and am wondering if there any Adelaide shippies who would care to meet up.

Ooh, I'm going to the SCA conference too, perhaps we could have a joint meet! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"How do you get all those coins?" asked Mort.
IN PAIRS
"Mort", Terry Pratchett

Posts: 3219 | From: Geelong | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  28  29  30 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016