homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Apple Pie and Baseball - USA 2014 (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  9  10  11 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Apple Pie and Baseball - USA 2014
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Me, too. I just thought it pretty funny that the BBC made a howler like that.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
St. Stephen the Stoned
Shipmate
# 9841

- Posted      Profile for St. Stephen the Stoned   Author's homepage   Email St. Stephen the Stoned   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
From the BBC news website:

quote:
Even tropical Hawaii experienced -7C (18F), reports the Associated Press news agency, although that was at the peak of Mauna Kea, a dormant volcano.
In other news: Hell freezes over.

--------------------
Do you want to see Jesus or don't yer? Well shurrup then!

Posts: 518 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
There's at least one town in Norway called Hell, which I suspect freezes regularly. [Big Grin]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by St. Stephen the Stoned:
Hell freezes over.

I love how Michigan was pronounced! [Big Grin]

Hmmm, it would be interesting to have a bit of fun saying various place names...in The Circus! Not here! (I appreciated the help I got from some natives who demonstrated the correct way to say Salisbury and Berwick-upon-Tweed while I was in England.) [Smile]

[Changed a word]

[ 10. January 2014, 01:07: Message edited by: jedijudy ]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's gotten a little bit warmer here, yay!

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
... demonstrated the correct way to say Salisbury and Berwick-upon-Tweed ...

Now, if we could only get people on this side of the Pond (television chefs, I mean you) to pronounce "Worcestershire" (as in the sauce) correctly ...

The "Worcester" bit is pronounced Wooster, as in the P.G. Wodehouse character Bertie Wooster (rhymes with "rooster"); the "shire" bit is left out.

[Devil]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I was taught WUS-tuh-shur. am I close?

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I pronounce it A1. [Big Grin]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
bah-doom-tsh!

(nicely done!)

--------------------

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I had heard it's said "Whassishere"(What's this here sauce?)

[Biased]

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by comet:
I was taught WUS-tuh-shur. am I close?

That's pretty close, Comet - it's how you'd pronounce Worcestershire - the county where it comes from.

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I call it "Lea and Perrins" and avoid any problems.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
BessLane
Shipmate
# 15176

- Posted      Profile for BessLane   Email BessLane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lease on duck blind: $2,500
Case of 12 ga shells: $250
Look on the face of a young lady dropping her first greenhead: priceless.

Good weekend hunting. Made some new friends. Got to freak out a city boy with manicured nails by teaching him to clean ducks. Added about 10 lbs of meat to the stash in the freezer. Life is wonderful in Bess World this afternoon!

--------------------
It's all on me and I won't tell it.
formerly BessHiggs

Posts: 1388 | From: Yorkville, TN | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I adore the taste of duck, but I'm afraid I'm a "manicured city-piglet" and would rather not contemplate what happens between us feeding them on the pond on a sunny afternoon and them being served with sour-cherry sauce and sauteed French beans.

[Big Grin]

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

not to mention what happens to manicured, city piglets.... [Eek!]

[Big Grin]

personally, I don't really enjoy hunting (other than the nice long hike in the woods part) but I love the results enough it's worth it.

most of the time.

especially if I can con someone else into the plucking.

--------------------

BessLane
Shipmate
# 15176

- Posted      Profile for BessLane   Email BessLane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I must confess, I made the whole process much gorier than it really needed to be. Old boy had been a complete jerk earlier in the day, so my reward to my self for not punchnig him in the nose was to get him covered in guts and feathers [Devil]

--------------------
formerly BessHiggs

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

and THAT is how you do it. well done!

--------------------

BessLane
Shipmate
# 15176

Yesterday morning, hubby taught our nephew (he's 10) an important lesson in bouyancy, fluid dynamics, and vocabulary. By that I mean, they loaded five adult sized people, one full grown black lab, 300 lbs of shotguns and blind bags, and a car battery into a small boat without even trying to balance out the load. About 50 feet from the blind, down she went. Gun bags floating everywhere, blind bags sinking like stones to the bottom and the dog, thinking this was a fun new game (she's young and still in training) swimming around being 'helpful'. So nephew learned how not to load a boat as well as the proper use of several colorful new words and phrases. Sister-in-law, upon learning of the morning's adventures, was NOT impressed [Big Grin]

--------------------
formerly BessHiggs

Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Bess, I have always thought that women got the "common sense" gene and men have the "I've lose my total mind due to over or under estimating" gene.

And, as God is my witness, I have met very, very few or no exceptions to this corollary over my many years.

[Snigger] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My poor Eastern friends,

I'm so sorry that you are having these awful storms and some of you are stuck inside the house. Those of us in drought areas wish that we could take some of the snow from you, but we can't seem to catch a break with the weather. [brick wall]

Remember, SPRING comes in 55 days.

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

Found a cool widget for you to "think spring" :

SPRING COUNTDOWN

--------------------

Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
No Spring allowed unless it brings April Showers. We are in big trouble here in the West, no rain so far this year.
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's not often we have a long-lasting snow cover here (southern PA). We have plenty of snows, but usually within 2 days it's pretty much gone. We've had no melting at all. And back to single digit or low teens for highs this coming week.

One of my sons is experiencing his first winter in North Dakota. They have snow often, but it's 'dry', and blows away toward Minnesota.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
More snow here today. It looked lovely, but was rotten for travel.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

That's the trouble with snow, isn't it? Looks gorgeous for about half an hour, then looks a complete mess.

Although it was very cold here today (-6°C) we still seem to be in "January thaw" mode*, and it's forecast to go back up to +6° tomorrow with rain.

That's fine - you don't have to shovel rain ... [Big Grin]

* for the moment anyway.

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We kuruzaps just had a name the fifty states of the USA challenge. We apologize to the people of Connecticut who we remembered last, and even more to the people of New Jersey who we forgot altogether. I reckon Maryland was the hardest. We will accept our bribe moneys from the peoples of Baltimore, who we promoted to statehood at the expense of New Jersey.

I suppose I could ask y'all to name the provinces of NZ now!

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

I'm impressed! it would take some work for my family to do that.

that being said, you've traveled the lower 48 more extensively than I have.

--------------------

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yay nerdy geography activities! Bullfrog and I have been playing name all the countries through a sporcle game that we've played too many time. I can name way more countries than I could before though!

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

side note: I'm producing and directing a show with my drama kids this saturday. it's meant to showcase the work they've done over the year, plus we have to raise an obscene amount of money to get the team to state championships in Anchorage.

I'm a nervous wreckasaurus. will my planned 2 act show come together? will the community like it? will the kids manage to PROJECT FOR GAWD'S SAKE?!? will we raise enough? will I manage to drive the little shits to Anchorage and back without a) getting in a horrific wreck and b) killing them all after the 14th hour of teenageriness?

meep!

--------------------

Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

quote:
Originally posted by Pearl B4 Swine:
It's not often we have a long-lasting snow cover here (southern PA).

This is why I left Pittsburgh 10 years ago. I just couldn't take the snow and the ice storms, so it wasn't hard to leave. I didn't realize how much better I would feel with lower humidities.

--------------------

Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

- Posted      Profile for Og, King of Bashan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You know you have been playing too many Sporcle geography games when you remember Kyrgyzstan and Nauru but forget (as I have in that game) Hungary.

I am always a little surprised when I meet people from the USA who not only can't name all 50 states, but can't do it in alphabetical order. I just assumed everyone learned the "50 Nifty United States" song at one time or another. (When I was in preschool, that was the trick that my parents would trot me out to perform for guests.)

--------------------
"I like to eat crawfish and drink beer. That's despair?" ― Walker Percy

Posts: 3259 | From: Denver, Colorado, USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'll make a thread about it when the time gets closer, but I'll be moving back to Detroit at the end of April, and would love to visit with shipmates along the way home (I'll be driving). "Along the way" can be interpreted rather generously, as there are many ways to drive from Oakland, CA to Detroit. In fact, I might pop down to Santa Barbara first. If you live along my "flight path" (well, driving path), feel free to PM me or wait for the future thread, coming in April.

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Og, King of Bashan:

I am always a little surprised when I meet people from the USA who not only can't name all 50 states, but can't do it in alphabetical order. I just assumed everyone learned the "50 Nifty United States" song at one time or another.

The ship has exposed another gap in my education. I can name all 50, but I have to hold a picture of a map in my head and do it by geography. (I start with Maine.)
Posts: 4358 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by basso:
quote:

I am always a little surprised when I meet people from the USA who not only can't name all 50 states, but can't do it in alphabetical order. I just assumed everyone learned the "50 Nifty United States" song at one time or another.

The ship has exposed another gap in my education. I can name all 50, but I have to hold a picture of a map in my head and do it by geography. (I start with Maine.)
I can name all fifty alphabetically, but your way is better. Alabama and Alaska come next to each other alphabetically, but there are many states that lie between geographically.

Moo

[ 28. January 2014, 01:14: Message edited by: Moo ]

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

When I was in Primary 7 (the last year of elementary school) the big class project was "America" and one of the things I learned in the course of it was not only all the states, but also all their capitals.

I certainly couldn't reel them off now; it was about 40 years ago ... [Eek!]

ancient piglet

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
...which makes me approximately Pre-Cambrian!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by churchgeek:
I'll make a thread about it when the time gets closer, but I'll be moving back to Detroit at the end of April, and would love to visit with shipmates along the way home (I'll be driving). "Along the way" can be interpreted rather generously, as there are many ways to drive from Oakland, CA to Detroit. In fact, I might pop down to Santa Barbara first. If you live along my "flight path" (well, driving path), feel free to PM me or wait for the future thread, coming in April.

Can I just take this moment to publicly say "
[Waterworks] [Waterworks] [Waterworks] " ?

I mean, obviously, I'm glad you are going back to the place you love best, but as I said to Hart when he &%$#ed of to Notre Dame (
[Roll Eyes] ) "You'll always be a NoCal-er/"

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
You know you have been playing too many Sporcle geography games when you remember Kyrgyzstan and Nauru but forget (as I have in that game) Hungary.

I am always a little surprised when I meet people from the USA who not only can't name all 50 states, but can't do it in alphabetical order. I just assumed everyone learned the "50 Nifty United States" song at one time or another. (When I was in preschool, that was the trick that my parents would trot me out to perform for guests.)

Yes, I fear the only thing I know about Kiribati (besides that it's in the Pacific Ocean) is that it's the least-known nation on Sporcle. [Biased]

I'm pretty sure I could name the 50 states, but definitely not in alphabetic order. I've heard the song before, but certainly never learned it.

(Mamacita, am I the only person thinking we should have a Chicago meet if churchgeek can come through Chicago?)

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm sure glad I didn't go to school in Pennsylvania- - 67 counties [Help] In Maryland (yes I'm a Baltimoron) we had to be able to recite or write the 24 counties, and spell them correctly, too. And of course, locate each on a map.

A few years ago I helped my gr'son learn the countries of Africa, and ID them on a map. Let me tell you, that was a struggle. And I told him, they're likely to change without notice LOL. He didn't geddit.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Good to know I'm not the only Sporcle addict here! Actually, I knew that, because I learned about Sporcle from SoF.

quote:
Originally posted by Gwai:
(Mamacita, am I the only person thinking we should have a Chicago meet if churchgeek can come through Chicago?)

Well, now I'm thinking it too! And I love Chicago. I'll be driving a van full of all my worldly goods, so I'll just need somewhere safe to park it.

quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
Can I just take this moment to publicly say "
[Waterworks] [Waterworks] [Waterworks] " ?

I mean, obviously, I'm glad you are going back to the place you love best, but as I said to Hart when he &%$#ed of to Notre Dame (
[Roll Eyes] ) "You'll always be a NoCal-er/"

Aw! [Axe murder]

Keep in mind I'll be flying back out here a few times for school-related things. Any time I do, if I can find a place to crash, I'd be so happy to see you and others from the Bay Area!

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

quote:
Originally posted by Pearl B4 Swine:
I'm sure glad I didn't go to school in Pennsylvania- - 67 counties [Help]

Well, I did. Then I moved to another state with 67 counties! But I didn't have to learn them! It's good to be out of school, and I hardly ever have those dreams about being in school and not having a clue where my classes are anymore.

Getting older is great!

[Old enough to forget a word.]

[ 29. January 2014, 21:10: Message edited by: jedijudy ]

--------------------

Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

quote:
Originally posted by piglet:
When I was in Primary 7 (the last year of elementary school) the big class project was "America" and one of the things I learned in the course of it was not only all the states, but also all their capitals.

I certainly couldn't reel them off now; it was about 40 years ago ... [Eek!]

ancient piglet

I'm much older but, I'm with piglet, on learning all the state capitals. Geography, reading, Arithmetic was really important in school, as was printing and writing well........ Now, not so much. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

monkeylizard

Ship's scurvy
# 952

- Posted      Profile for monkeylizard   Email monkeylizard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by basso:

Me too, but I do it left to right. I start with Alaska.

--------------------
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. ~ Herbert Spencer (1820 - 1903)

Posts: 2201 | From: Music City, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
LutheranChik
Shipmate
# 9826

- Posted      Profile for LutheranChik   Author's homepage   Email LutheranChik   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

I learned them geographically, not alphabetically.

--------------------
Simul iustus et peccator
http://www.lutheranchiklworddiary.blogspot.com

Posts: 6462 | From: rural Michigan, USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I didn't know the song (maybe it didn't cross the Pond); IIRC when I knew them it was alphabetically.

--------------------

lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I had never heard the Fifty Nifty United States song but, knowing the way my brain works, learning the song would be the only way I would be able to learn a list like this. I was useless at the books of the Bible until I had to teach them and learned the songs with my students.

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Posts: 2468 | From: Truly Canadian | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

And of course, if you're studying chemistry and you need to know the elements of the Periodic Table, you can always get help from Tom Lehrer. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

I learned the planets by a catchy little song called The Wandering Stars. I still use it to remember their order.

--------------------

Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

quote:
Originally posted by Nicolemr:
I learned the planets by a catchy little song called The Wandering Stars. I still use it to remember their order.

Nicole, I looked up Wandering Stars in Google and only came up with a cowboy lyric.

Could you write the lyrics for me? I am fascinated.

--------------------

Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

Since we are talking about geography
here's a 10 year old, who sings the FIFTY STATE SONG

It took my breathe away (and hers, too!) [Snigger]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  9  10  11 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016