homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Keep Calm and Carry On - the British thread 2014 (Page 10)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  52  53  54 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Keep Calm and Carry On - the British thread 2014
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Rain coming soon here but we haven't had it too bad, there's always less rainfall here in the east.
Sorry I've not been around for a few days, I've had a monster load of work (still have) and haven't been well either. But hoping for a few days off shortly - then I'm going to make cheese and brew beer [Smile]
I'd happily have cheese instead of dessert any day, but share the love of creme brûlée.

[ 12. February 2014, 08:25: Message edited by: Heavenly Anarchist ]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Fredegund
Shipmate
# 17952

- Posted      Profile for Fredegund   Email Fredegund   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I think there's hail mised in with the rain today. Would have liked some more of the snow from yesterday.
If you're out of Hobnobs I have home made fudge in the office fridge (not as set as it should be, but who cares?)

I think the cats are evolving webbed feet.

--------------------
Pax et bonum

Posts: 117 | From: Shakespeare's County | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Rain has arrived. Or, rain, scudding across the car park, propelled by strong gusts of wind that make opening outer doors something of a workout and umbrellas an instant write-off.

Bored now. Let's move Britain somewhere sunnier - I'm thinking the Med, somewhere near Cyprus.

la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Is everyone keeping dry?

I used to live in Staines (massive innit) and it’s very weird seeing the pictures of places I know under water (not to mention the Prime Minister wandering around the town in his wellies).

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Several places including Romsey and Birmingham have made it on to the Weather Channel here, looking frighteningly moist, and now according to the Telegraph online you're going to be getting wind and sn*w as well ... [Eek!]

Look after yourselves. [Votive]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
At 5pm the sky here turned very, very black. Then the thunder, lightning and high winds began. In the worst storms we lose power for several days and lose tiles off the roof, with the rain pouring in. But that hasn't happened this winter.... yet....

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

- Posted      Profile for Nenya     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Rain and high winds here for most of the day, it's a bit calmer now as the storm heads north.

So desperately sorry for anyone affected. Watching the water rising and invading your home must be one of the most awful feelings ever. We are not on the coast, nor living in a particularly exposed area to winds, nor at risk of flooding, nor have we lost our power. But I still feel very anxious about it all.

In other news I also had a very slow and not-nearly-as-productive-as-I-would-have-liked day at work. [Roll Eyes]

Nen - losing the plot... Is there a plot...?

--------------------
They told me I was delusional. I nearly fell off my unicorn.

Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

- Posted      Profile for Alex Cockell     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Checking in - still OK here in Reading RG1...
Posts: 2146 | From: Reading, Berkshire UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So far it's been a week of replacement buses and heroic attempts to keep at least some trains running if only occasionally and very slowly. The train companies have been brilliant - plenty of coaches laid on, as soon as they're full up they get going, no hanging about. I've been on time for work each day so far, which is a miracle considering that it's taking an average of 4.5 hours to get to and from work.

This evening, believe it or not, a fire on the tracks, despite all the rain, cancelled my train home so it was back to the bus again. I arrived at the destination station just in time to see the place suddenly turn black as a large power cut knocked out the area. I walked home through the unlit, rain-sodden streets with a cold, rough wind trying to detach anything movable - branches, signs, hair, etc, and the only illumination coming from the headlights of passing cars.

I'm really grateful for the replacement buses, for getting home in one piece, for there being electricity when I got in, and no imminent danger to life. It must be terrifying for people on the west coast and especially the Isle of Man right now. Which means it must be at least equally awful for people in Ireland.

Have a safe night, everybody.

St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I got absolutely soaked at the graveside at about 10 to 2 this afternoon. My brolly blew inside out - probably just as well really, I could not have managed that plus keeping the cloak/cassock/surplice combo under control and holding a book agh the same time.
I felt for the mourners, but at least they had their backs to the prevailing weather. I was facing into the wind, and the rain, and the hail. I couldn't keep my eyes open - but as my glasses were of no use whatsoever, it didn't really matter anyway.

I'm looking forward to getting into bed tonight and listening to the wind roaring around...well, not the wind part, but the being tucked up warm and snug part I am.

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We've got weather in Birmingham, that's for sure!

Yesterday was all four seasons in one day - the hour of snow caused much excitement yesterday morning, but it had sunk in amongst the damp and soggy ground by lunchtime.

Today, we'd normally march a gaggle of the not so little dears off for a 45 minute session at the swimming pool, but decided it was so cold, wet and blustery we'd better not risk it.

I am thankful tomorrow's exciting day out is an indoor activity and even if it's not my film of choice, it should be warm and dry. (That is not a challenge to the wind that is currently howling around to blow the roof off the cinema, please and thank you.)

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Went for a walk this afternoon, managed to keep feet on ground, unlike this poor soul....

--------------------

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm afraid I'm being a (nice and warm) coward tonight. I should have been attending a thing at the Chantry Chapel in town, ie a medieval building with minimal heating sat on stone stilts above a river. Watching the little river accumulating in the street and listening to the howling wind, it didn't seem like a good place to be. There's been a tiny lights-out, but nothing serious. Definitely [Votive] for those more seriously under water.

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Taliesin
Shipmate
# 14017

- Posted      Profile for Taliesin   Email Taliesin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I want to drive down to cornwall next week, to visit family. Are the roads ok?? Or is the rail line having a knock on effect?

love to all of you, sloshing about our soggy countryside. I got soaked so often today... and there was just hail. even the dogs don't want to go out.

Posts: 2138 | From: South, UK | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Not

Ship's Quack
# 2166

- Posted      Profile for Not   Email Not   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Apart from the odd tree down and small floods the main roads are fine. But leave extra time; the storms just keep coming in and that can make driving pretty slow and unpleasant.

Cornwall's pretty tough! battered but still functioning

--------------------
Was CJ; now Not

Posts: 600 | From: the far, far West | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

- Posted      Profile for Adeodatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Alex Cockell:
Checking in - still OK here in Reading RG1...

How's Caversham? I used to live right by the Thames, couldn't help thinking about it today.

100mph winds here in Manchester tonight, though it seems better now than it was a couple of hours ago. [Votive] for anybody who has to be out and about in all this.

--------------------
"What is broken, repair with gold."

Posts: 9779 | From: Manchester | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This morning one of the weather sites carried advertisements for "Idyllic holidays in Devon and Cornwall". I have pleasant memories of holidays in the south-west, but right at the moment it really isn't appropriate (for one thing, the best route to the south-west is badly broken).

Here in deepest, dampest Gwent the wind howls but it has eased off somewhat. A coworker lost electricity on Monday night and I wonder if it will be restored before the next round of storms on Friday. His other concern is that the fences stay up and keep the sheep out, although most stock are indoors at the moment.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Polly Plummer
Shipmate
# 13354

- Posted      Profile for Polly Plummer   Email Polly Plummer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Another Tai Chi person here. I go to a U3A class with a very patient and tolerant teacher, though he does get a bit carried away sometimes telling us at length about the theory and the ancient masters.

I started Tai Chi because my back got too bad to lie on the floor to do Pilates. I like being able to exercise upright and with shoes on!

I also can't do the standing-on-one-leg stuff :-(

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Polly Plummer:

I also can't do the standing-on-one-leg stuff :-(

Eek! I can stand on my right leg, but the left gets tired and painful quite quickly. Then again, keeping some 20st. off the ground is a sizeable task, so they deserve some credit.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
According to some weather boffins, the same system that's giving you your floods is giving our chums in the south-east US their sn*w, and is shortly to give us the sn*w when they've finished with it.

It's been very cold here (around -15°C, feeling like -27 with the wind-chill), but due to shoot up to +5° on Friday with "mixed precip." which may or may not result in a sn*w-day.

[Ultra confused]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have the ceiling fan going this morning, possibly because with a new lady guest here I don't want to inflict the sight of my body upon her.

I feel awful for all of you back there and pray you are all safe and warm and dry.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

It'll all come to an end one of these days. The sun is shining as I type (I'm typing this quietly so it doesn't hear and take fright).

However, I've run out of dark chocolate and there are no more Cadbury's Mini Eggs left in the packet. How am I going to get through the morning??

Nicodemia
WYSIWYG
# 4756

- Posted      Profile for Nicodemia   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sunny and calm here at the moment, but more gales etc. etc. expected tomorrow. [Frown] Going to take the dog for a walk in a mo - see if all our trees in the park are upright with their roots firmly in the ground.

Daughter driving home in Manchester yesterday had nasty experience when a tree fell onto a house just as she was passing, and apparently a flagpole at a car dealer fell down, right across the cars! [Eek!]

Think I'll put the kettle on. We still have some hobnobs, plus ginger nuts and plain digestives for the masochists among us! [Biased]

Posts: 4544 | From: not too far from Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
London calm and bright from the little I can see of it from the hotel window. But I notice the train service we will be looking to to take us home in a day or so got stranded on the North York moors last night.

Memo: pack chocolate.

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My son is flying over from Heidelberg tomorrow morning for Mum's funeral - fingers crossed that he makes it and we make it to the airport and funeral in one piece.

It will be a small service at Church, followed by a smaller one the crematorium then back to Church for food. The minister was at college with Dad so knew them both well, which will be nice. My niece is doing the eulogy and I am reading a poem.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Scary stuff with the wind damage and falling trees!

Fairly mild here, with a chill in the air. I've just about finished my marking mountain (just 2 stray ones to do) so I'm catching up on housework as the house looks like it's just survived the Blitz. Need to shop too as we have no food.
I'm desperate to get out of this house after being cooped up for days, I think we might eat out in the pub tonight.

[ 13. February 2014, 08:20: Message edited by: Heavenly Anarchist ]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
My son is flying over from Heidelberg tomorrow morning for Mum's funeral - fingers crossed that he makes it and we make it to the airport and funeral in one piece.

It will be a small service at Church, followed by a smaller one the crematorium then back to Church for food. The minister was at college with Dad so knew them both well, which will be nice. My niece is doing the eulogy and I am reading a poem.

I hope it goes as well as it can for you [Votive]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
... there are no more Cadbury's Mini Eggs left in the packet ...

[Waterworks] [Eek!] [Waterworks]

Boogie, hope all the arrangements work out and the weather doesn't play silly-buggers.

[Votive]

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

We had a birthday on our team today and the somewhat unhinged birthday boy brought in biscuits, Jaffa cakes, wagon wheels, creme eggs, marshmallows, caramel hob nobs (did I say he's got a thing about caramel?) and some weird gooey Maryland cookies.

I have this urge to go home and eat a carrot.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Don't worry, I'm sure if you lie down for a bit, it will pass. [Big Grin]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

- Posted      Profile for Nenya     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'll be thinking of you all tomorrow, Boogie. I hope it all goes as well as it can. [Votive]

Today's been a welcome respite from all the rain, there was even a bit of sunshine at times. But I gather there's more to come. I did hear a forecaster on the radio a couple of days ago say that next week will be "not so bad."

It's cold though. [Frown]

Nen - not much looking forward to going out this evening.

--------------------

Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hope your son get's in safely Boogie and everything goes well tomorrow.
We're off early in the mroning to Madeia where the weather looks to be wet, at least for the first day or two. It'll be a real home from home, but hopefully a bit warmer.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

quote:
Originally posted by Taliesin:
I want to drive down to cornwall next week, to visit family. Are the roads ok?? Or is the rail line having a knock on effect?

Best to avoid the route via Gunnislake - the bridge is out due to a van driving straight through the wall and diving into the water. Fortunately, the driver escaped and survived, but the bridge will be closed for several weeks. Launceston A30 is your best bet; sometimes the Tamar Bridge (Plymouth) is a problem in high winds.

Enjoy your visit - Creamtealand is still open for business!

--------------------

Taliesin
Shipmate
# 14017

- Posted      Profile for Taliesin   Email Taliesin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A30 it is then, thank you chorister.

Love to you and your family, Boogie.

Here, it hasn't rained all day!

Posts: 2138 | From: South, UK | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
We had a birthday on our team today and the somewhat unhinged birthday boy brought in biscuits, Jaffa cakes, wagon wheels, creme eggs, marshmallows, caramel hob nobs (did I say he's got a thing about caramel?) and some weird gooey Maryland cookies.

I have this urge to go home and eat a carrot.

Mrs Sioni had read my mind. No carrots but we had cauliflower cheese and stuffed tomatoes. There were sausages too but I had one instead of my usual three and would have been fine without that.

There's still about half-a-hundredweight of chocolate, biscuits and assorted sweet gunk left. I think it will end up on Ebay.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

quote:
Originally posted by Taliesin:

Here, it hasn't rained all day!

What magic potion are you using?? Need to get some in. We had a large branch of our tree crash down onto the roof this morning, so loud I jumped right out of bed! Fortunately (as far as I can see) it hasn't cracked the roof tiles, as it's raining fit to bust out there.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We had a very welcome shower during the night and rather hope we might get another tonight except not too much as we are planning an Expedition tomorrow and we don't want Pete to get muddy wheels.

A lost day with massive headache today but much improved after many hours sleep.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better, Wodders - even little headaches are horrid, let alone massive ones. [Frown]

We've got A Lot Of Snow descending (well, sort of whirling about horizontally) at the moment, but for reasons I can't fathom, not a snow-day (although I'm keeping an eye on the University web-site to see if there are any changes).

Stuff that for a lark. [Disappointed]

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

Just checked the travel news in the area... hazardous driving conditions, because of surface water. A landslide on the railway line somewhere between Leamington and Banbury, so that's the south coast to Birmingham line and the Birmingham Moor Street to London line both screwed.

Honestly, what with all the disruptions, evacuations, blackouts and sudden damage to property, cars, etc it's beginning to feel as if we're in some kind of war.

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

All year the matrix signs along the M4 have read "Poor Driving Conditions" and I regret that too many motorists have taken this as an instruction and they are driving very poorly indeed.

Put your lights on! No, not your fog lights, it's raining. Now get out of the middle lane BUT SIGNAL when you do so.

I'd better stop before a host comes along setting up a diversion to a different board.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hazards around here start with the quaint belief of at least 25% of drivers that indicators will wear out if used, so its down to good reflexes and/or ESP.

Particularly good at the moment that the local cyclists aren't being cowed by the bad weather into either wearing light clothing or using lights - it all helps to keep the adrenaline pumping... [Mad]

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

L'organist, aren't you in South Wales too? I'm sure motorists hereabouts feel that in not switching on their lights they are helping to save the environment.

I simply despair of cyclists, on road, pavement and through Newport bus station.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Chamois
Shipmate
# 16204

- Posted      Profile for Chamois   Email Chamois   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
No river flooding so far in this part of London but groundwater flooding is becoming a real problem. I was on Wimbledon Common this morning (it's a flat plateau on the top of a hill) and many of the grassy areas resembled lakes.

I was reading the Evening Standard yesterday while riding the underground home. Thames floods all over the front pages, and inside a long feature on how we need to build lots more homes at Ebbsfleet on the Thames Estuary floodplain. Am I missing something here?

The wind and rain are building up again outside now. Stay safe, everyone.

--------------------
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases

Posts: 978 | From: Hill of roses | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

Not actually raining here at present but when it comes it's horizontal as the wind is absolutely vicious. [Eek!]

Nen - glad to be home in the warm and dry.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Stay safe, everyone!

Friend who arrived this week lives in coastal south Devon so is quite glad to be here rather than there.

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

Clear skies, but the wind's now got up. The country can now look forward to power cuts and fallen trees overnight.

[brick wall]

Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

- Posted      Profile for Qoheleth.   Email Qoheleth.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A howling gale and horizontal rain on the way to and from Choir Practice. Flooding not a problem where we are, but I fear for the Church spire roof shingles. Also worried about w*rk which is somewhat insecurely attached to the electricity network, so also fearing for the 01:00 phone call from my night shift. [Ultra confused]

--------------------
The Benedictine Community at Alton Abbey offers a friendly, personal service for the exclusive supply of Rosa Mystica incense.

Posts: 2532 | From: the radiator of life | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

By the time I finished w*rk at 2 o'clock the horizontal snow had turned to horizontal sleety rain, which has now turned to horizontal ordinary rain. The temperature's gone up to +6°, the water and melting snow are cascading merrily down the hill outside Chateau Piglet and it's blowing a gale.

Not really in the same league as the weather you've been getting, but pretty filthy all the same.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

We're going for a country walk this morning and at the moment it is pleasantly overcast - if it lifts and clears that is fine [we all have hats], if it remains as it is that is fine too - if it turns to rain I will NOT be amused but shall take a brolly just in case.

Lovely ex-colleague from toxic workplace* e-mailed that she and her equally lovely hubby have booked their flights for November - arriving here on her 66th birthday!

*Perhaps it is fairer to say workplace with toxic boss. Was she ever!

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
We're going for a country walk this morning and at the moment it is pleasantly overcast - if it lifts and clears that is fine [we all have hats], if it remains as it is that is fine too - if it turns to rain I will NOT be amused but shall take a brolly just in case.

After weeks of Weather I initially had some difficulty visualizing this. I still pack an umbrella but have pretty much given up using it as they turn inside out so quickly.

This island has taken quite a battering overnight - the full extent should be clearer later.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  52  53  54 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016