homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Keep Calm and Carry On - the British thread 2014 (Page 30)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  ...  52  53  54 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Keep Calm and Carry On - the British thread 2014
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We had Cleats, whose name was writ in water, and Shirley, and Biro...

Spent a pleasant lunch hour in an orchard today picking cherries. Most had already gone, but if you climbed up a ladder to the higher branches there were still some to be found. As I discovered when I got down, they'd fought back, and bespattered the white top I was wearing.

I've had to wait until I got home, but a bowl of freshly picked cherries with some cream is a very pleasant thing indeed on a summer's evening.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading a good story, and carrying on reading it to the finish so I go to bed at 03.30 is NOT conducive to me being bright and sparkly at breakfast time! Sadly I can't go back to bed [yet] as we have a planned outing this morning.

I think an afternoon might be indicated later.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
moonlitdoor
Shipmate
# 11707

- Posted      Profile for moonlitdoor   Email moonlitdoor   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You're in luck because after the morning there nearly always is one.

--------------------
We've evolved to being strange monkeys, but in the next life he'll help us be something more worthwhile - Gwai

Posts: 2210 | From: london | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And relax...

One whole academic year in not so new job now completed to the mutual satisfaction of all concerned. [Yipee]

Whilst it's most certainly had its moments, on the whole, I can report this has definitely been the right move. I'm definitely better off in terms of job satisfaction, financially, time regained from the long commutes I was doing, physically. Long may it continue!

Then the icing on the cake - No more G*ve as Education Secretary. Now, where's the celebratory chocolate?

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well, that's the memorial service at the cemetery over for another four years*. Although it had been a horribly sticky day, the choir-stand is situated under some trees, so we had a modicum of shade, and it all went off rather well; the chaps from the Cemetery Committee were very pleased, and there was Decanal Grinning™

It seemed to us that there were far fewer people there than there had been four years ago, but I suppose that's understandable, especially in an old graveyard where the most recent graves are out near the edges.

* They have one every year, but we only have to do one in four.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Good spot, moonlitdoor - I missed the word nap - sorry. [Hot and Hormonal]

As is usual with this sort of thing I am more tired the day after than on the day - will probably go back to bed in a few minutes despite having had an early night last night.

Very odd dream last night with some characters appearing in colour and others only in black and white - it sort of made sense at the time.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

- Posted      Profile for Nenya     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Waiting in at present for the man to come and service the boiler. Then the supermarket shopping, domestics, and taking Nenlet2 out for coffee this afternoon. He heard last week he has a funded place to do an MA and PhD for the next 4 years in Newcastle, so there is much rejoicing at Chateau Nen. [Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]

It's really hot already today; I may have to revise what I'm wearing, especially as we're out dancing later.

Nen - gently perspiring.

--------------------
They told me I was delusional. I nearly fell off my unicorn.

Nicodemia
WYSIWYG
# 4756

- Posted      Profile for Nicodemia   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Many congratulations to the Nenlet! He has done well indeed.

Dancing??? Far too hot for me, all I can do to walk with the dog. And no, I am NOT overweight, having lost An Awful Lot in the last 18 months. [Smile]

Speaking of dog walks.............

Posts: 4544 | From: not too far from Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Congratulations Nenlet 2!
Too hot today.
I'm staying inside and planning an embroidery based on the themes of water and dissent. I might even do some housework as well.

[ 17. July 2014, 08:13: Message edited by: Heavenly Anarchist ]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
They are forecasting 34° here today and tomorrow. I don’t mind those kind of temperatures in the countryside but in Paris they’re a bit hellish. The pollution makes it far worse.

Also the metro is a nightmare. They've already gone onto the summer holiday timetable (only half as many trains as usual) but half the Parisians haven't left yet. Add in the heat and you have a very crowded, uncomfortable, smelly journey.

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It was already 20° when I got up this morning, with 94% humidity. They're forecasting 28° for this afternoon, with a Humidex value of 33 ... [Eek!]

Too hot for this northerly little piglet. [Frown]

eta: hurrah for air-conditioned offices!

[ 17. July 2014, 13:39: Message edited by: piglet ]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Happy salamander checking in. I've had a lovely afternoon out in Warwickshire, partly spent in Anne Hathaway's cottage and its delightful gardens. It's just right for getting around - lots of summer heat but a breeze to take the edge off it and stop it becoming unbearably sticky. *

Meanwhile, have just discovered supermarket's own smoky barbecue baked beans (to have with the chorizo sausages and mash). The sort of baked beans where you want to get a slice of bread to wipe every last vestige of the sauce from the plate and savour it afterwards. Totally a cut above the tinned variety.

* If it cheers anyone up, the weekend is supposed to be full of thunderstorms, torrential downpours and large hailstones.

[ 17. July 2014, 17:17: Message edited by: Ariel ]

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

...but if I say that will cheer me up you will all shout at me!

Life is so unfair!

[Waterworks]

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

Trouble is, "large" hailstones could be any size. Do they mean pea size, golf ball, grapefruit, cannonball, or that standard unit of really large measurement, Wales?
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Killing me]

quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
...but if I say that will cheer me up you will all shout at me ...

Not me, Wodders - I've been thinking for the last couple of weeks that what we could do with is a thunderstorm to clear the air. Sadly, they're a bit of a rarity round here.

What I don't understand is how we can get quite windy weather (gusts in the 70-75 km/h range) and sticky humidity at the same time.

I suppose you'd call it gale-force humidity ... [Confused]

--------------------

burlingtontiger
Apprentice
# 18069

- Posted      Profile for burlingtontiger   Email burlingtontiger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Allegedly the hottest day of the year in England. So, of course, here on the Yorkshire coast it is very cloudy, pretty breezy, probably only about 15 or 16 C. Nippy enough to put a light coat on. Sure I felt spots of rain in the air whilst I was continuing the endless task of patching my Mother's garden fences.

--------------------
"If this goes on, my beloved 'earers, it will be my painful duty to rot this bargee"

Posts: 31 | From: Yorkshire, England | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Not so hot here in Lancashire either burlingtontiger - jeans and shirt, not shorts and vest weather.

I am preparing for my first Guide Dog pup, arriving on Monday. She is called Fifi(!) and is 7 months old. She is coming for ten days while her Puppy Walker is on holiday.

My house has never been so tidy! (Why a dog needs a tidy house I'm not too sure ...)

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Perhaps you're subconsciously subscribing to my dad's view when his grandchildren (as toddlers) came to visit - he'd move anything that was movable to shelves beyond toddler-reach.

When he told me a few weeks ago that his (toddling) great-grand-daughter was coming to visit, I asked if he'd be doing the same ritual. "Well, if things get broken, so be it" was his reply.

I think old age has turned him into somebody else ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Nicodemia
WYSIWYG
# 4756

- Posted      Profile for Nicodemia   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Nice day here - 22 degrees, but a pretty strong breeze. Last night wind damaged some of my pots with plants on the patio, much to my annoyance!

Thunder threatened for tonight. Have pushed all the pots together in a huddle in hopes they will be safe!

Posts: 4544 | From: not too far from Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

- Posted      Profile for Nenya     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Horribly hot and humid here, the sooner it breaks with rain the better.

I had a long day at work which started and ended badly - for different reasons - so I'm in my nightie and having a lie down. I've got tea to cook and phone calls to make so I'm hoping to feel a bit more with-it soon. [Frown]

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

Woken up in the small hours of this morning by a thunderstorm at 2.30 am and then again at 5.30 by road drills. I thought there was a law against them starting too early?

Anyway, very pleasant late afternoon in the garden of a historic house. Once most of the visitors have gone you can get something of the sense of the place, and it was nice just sitting on the grass in the sunlight looking at the view and the flowers, and the warm breeze wafting the scent of lavender from the nearby bushes.

Bees, incidentally, are said to have a fairly narrow range of colour vision but can see purple and red quite well. I mention this because no lavender bush is complete without about 10 bees actively working their way around it.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

The weather seems to be cooling just a bit here - it was v. hot and humid this afternoon, but it's forecast to go down to about 17° on Saturday, which will be quite delightful. Unfortunately, it's not expected to last ... [Frown]

D's playing for a wedding at 1 o'clock, but after that it might be nice to go for a wee jaunt - there have been pictures on the local news of whales quite close in, which would be worth a look.

I must also do a spot of baking - the Choir is on Crypt Tea Room duty next week. Fortunately I only have to turn up to serve on Wednesday and Thursday, as I work until 2 the other days, and by the time I've had some lunch it's hardly worth my while.

eta: that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. [Devil]

[ 19. July 2014, 02:29: Message edited by: piglet ]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

What happens to small change?

The amount of small change in my wallet seems to change almost by the minute - one minute there is loads and the next there is none. Nobody else has any access to my wallet but one day there will be so many small notes [10s and 20s] and then suddenly there are none.

Is this unique to me or do others feel the same?

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

quote:

The amount of small change in my wallet seems to change almost by the minute - one minute there is loads and the next there is none. Nobody else has any access to my wallet but one day there will be so many small notes [10s and 20s] and then suddenly there are none.

I think I might have your small change. I often seem to end up with a lot of small coins which seem to multiply, become a fair old weight, and need to be spent.
burlingtontiger
Apprentice
# 18069

- Posted      Profile for burlingtontiger   Email burlingtontiger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hooray; I beat the bad weather this morning.

Lovely, pale sunlight at half past seven when I set off for a cycle. The sky was just a bit smudged around the edges with a heat haze. The hundred shades of green of the English countryside could be seen in the hedgerows, fields and trees. I noticed that the farmer up at Sewerby has already cut his wheat field. There was an oddly still atmosphere, and the warm air was like that of a wash-house. Looked like a storm is coming.

Today's mildly interesting beastie count: One Rabbit - grazing on grass. One Squirrel - scampering. One Magpie - duly greeted (it's unlucky not to, you know).

Back home an hour later as the clouds gathered and rain started spotting. Now debating whether to go and watch some football this afternoon - but think I am too lazy to bother.

--------------------
"If this goes on, my beloved 'earers, it will be my painful duty to rot this bargee"

Posts: 31 | From: Yorkshire, England | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
quote:

I think I might have your small change. I often seem to end up with a lot of small coins which seem to multiply, become a fair old weight, and need to be spent.
The café at work and pubs affect the amount of change I carry. Once enough notes have been used I can buy lunches for a week, or have a good evening out. I get into the mood to spend change and do so until it has all gone. Then I break into notes and get into that habit.

Oh, and we have 'kids' at home, two of whom are permanently skint.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What could be better? Saturday of a Test match at Lord's and at lunchtime on TMS Aggers is interviewing folk-music star and cricket nut, Richard Thompson.

Must get some tea.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Very lazy day here and my husband has taken the boys out to meet some friends, watch Planet of the Apes and go for sushi afterwards so I have peace and quiet as well. I'm just working my way through a sparkling burgundy as a refreshing treat.

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hot spell has ended, as it so often does on the east coast, with a heavy haar. (For those of you whose climate doesn't support this delight, it's a kind of stationary drizzle).

With that and the golf finishing early, it's felt like evening since about lunchtime.

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

(Filched from the Gardening thread)
quote:
Originally posted by Sandemaniac:
Well, it's rained in the UK. Sorry, it's rained in the UK! Three days of thunderstorms...

I heard it had been a bit elemental where you are! We seem to have missed most of that where I am. Today we got thunder rumbling in a sunny blue sky, and I drove home with the sun shining brightly as the rain splattered hard against the windscreen. [Ultra confused]

We have, thankfully, been spared the "large hailstones" so far. I really don't want a crenellated car.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Our cooler weather arrived as promised: after a cloudy morning, it was a beautifully, comfortably sunny 15° in the afternoon, and we went to Chafe's Landing for lunch. It was the first time we've been there this year (they're only open in the summer), and they were just as good as ever.

Domestic Goddess Piglet has been in action off and on all day: I've made doodlebugs, a couple of loaf-cakes flavoured with lemon and clementine and some rice-crispie squares, which just need to be cut up; and there's a laundry load waiting to be transferred to the dryer.

Oh - and on the way to lunch we saw our first whale of the season - we were talking about whether we'd see any as we were driving and I suddenly saw it blow and leap out of the water in the bay just outside Petty Harbour.

A good day all round, really. [Smile]

--------------------

Nicodemia
WYSIWYG
# 4756

Another muggy day [Frown] but on the plus side I don't have to water all my patio plots. Not for a couple of days at least, I would say. [Smile]

Have just realised, with great gloom [Frown] how small my life circle has got. Mainly through age and disability I don't get out much, especially in the summer, when everything I go to has closed.

Thank goodness for the internet and the Ship! And blogs. [Smile]

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We finished with the students on Friday but still have a training day on Monday - and I need to write some training materials - today. Really difficult to psych myself up for this when I feel in a holiday mood and anyway it's too hot and sticky with the thundery weather. The whole thing isn't helped by the new National Curriculum that has to be taught to Key Stages 1-3 (so 4/5 to 14 year olds) from September. It was finally published on 16 July! All 251 pages of it.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

Asked for an ice cream this afternoon and watched in disbelief as the girl serving me reached for a small plastic shovel and packed three heaped shovelfuls in and around a cone, before handing it to me. This is standard for one scoop, apparently.

I'd opted for cherry. It came with real cherries in it in large chunks. It was probably the best ice cream I've had in a long time and certainly the most substantial. What two scoops must be like I can't begin to imagine.

Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just back from a lovely weekend in the Lake District celebrating the life of a F/friend who died in a fall there in March. Ended up with Meeting for Worship in a pub car park with the sound of the local church bells in the background.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

We're back to v. hot weather - it was 26° this afternoon and muggier than the Weather Channel were admitting to (what would they know?).

Despite operating with a much-reduced choir, we managed two very nice, properly choral services which impressed the congregation no end. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

When the new priest-in-charge took over a few weeks ago he retimed Sunday mass to 06.30. Can I just say that it is taking some getting used to.

[Snore]

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Crumbs, that's early WW!

Here is Fifi - she looks all Lab but she's a Lab/Golden Retriever cross.

She's a lovely, gentle girl with super doggy manners.

She is 7 months old now and when she's 14 months old she'll be going to 'Big School' to learn to become a guide dog. She's staying with us for ten days while her Puppy Walkers are on holiday somewhere gorgeous.

At the moment Tatze just wants to play play play play play, but I'm sure she'll soon get used to the new routines.

Both are fast asleep now after the excitement of the introductions and lots of hoolying around [Smile] Not yet in the same area (I have a gate across the kitchen) Tatze is on her chair and Fifi is at my feet, but that will come with time, I'm sure.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
When the new priest-in-charge took over a few weeks ago he retimed Sunday mass to 06.30. Can I just say that it is taking some getting used to.

[Snore]

Blimey.. I might just tell some of our prime whingers about that. On a once a month basis, we have an 8.30 a.m. Eucharist, and one person whinges it's too early every time, as soon as he walks in.

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

quote:

You might just have to stay up all night living it up, and then go to Mass and confess, before heading back home to bed.

Seriously, 6.30 on a Sunday sounds unreasonable. Does he do other Masses during the day or is that it - pull out all the stops for the early morning service and then freedom for the rest of the day?

St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Boogie, Fifi is cute!

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Eek!] That means up at silly o'clock for me! Is he covering another parish at 0830 or something?

gah.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
[Eek!] That means up at silly o'clock for me! Is he covering another parish at 0830 or something?

gah.

If he also holds services on Saturday evening it might be a ploy to get most of Sunday off.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Mercifully, the only service requiring singers we have at 6 in the morning is on Easter Day and if I'm honest, I moan enough about that. It's a lovely service - I just wish it weren't so damn early. [Snore]

Summer continues apace here: it reached 29° here today [Eek!] but the Humidex was only 30 (don't ask - it's something to do with the dew-point, whatever that is), so it didn't feel as bad as it might have done. Still jolly hot though - and broke the record for today's date.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:

gah.

I think it is something like that - attendance has dropped very little and the old lady in the white saree still makes it there every week. I reckon that if she can do it [and she walks to church] then I can make it, too.

--------------------

Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

quote:
Originally posted by piglet:
Oh - and on the way to lunch we saw our first whale of the season - we were talking about whether we'd see any as we were driving and I suddenly saw it blow and leap out of the water in the bay just outside Petty Harbour.

Wow, piglet, you see some amazing things in the course of your days. It sounds like a nature programme on the TV. [Smile]

Fifi is gorgeous. [Axe murder]

I have a good day ahead - no icebergs or whales or dogs, but a volunteering morning at work, lunch with a friend, and seeing other friends this afternoon.

Nen - favourite day of the week is Tuesday.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

It's shaping up to be another hot one here, but I'm a happy piglet - D. booked the transatlantic bit of our holiday yesterday.

We'll be flying overnight on Sunday 31st August, arriving at silly o'clock on the Monday morning, then heading to Colchester to pick up D's mum, who's coming to Orkney with us.

[Yipee]

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

Well, Fifi has settled in far better than I expected. The two dogs have been great together all day!

Here they are enjoying a Kong each, which are great things - especially when filled with doggy ice cream!

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Aaahhh! [Axe murder]

Had a frustrating shopping-trip today: I went to the only local shop that sells the sort of fake-tan I use* and they'd sold out (although the kindly shop-lady gave me a couple of little pots of it that she filled from the tester tube, and took my mobile number so that she could let me know when they got in some more).

Then on the way out, I spotted a handbag in just the right colour of blue to go with one of the colours in my dress for the wedding, bought same and discovered when I got it home that one of the zips was broken (sadly, a top-outside zip, so not really ignorable). Luckily it wasn't the only bag they had, so I hope they'll exchange it.

* I know fake-tan's a bit naff, but I'm really not a sun-worshipper, and I hate having milk-bottle legs. [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Maxi skirts are your friend, Piglet. I wear them to work, so no-one can see my pasty legs. Obviously this would only work in an office environment and not on a building site, for example.

[ 23. July 2014, 06:00: Message edited by: Starbug ]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  ...  52  53  54 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016