homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » TICTH (Page 11)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  34  35  36 

Source: (consider it) Thread: TICTH
Palimpsest
Shipmate
# 16772

- Posted      Profile for Palimpsest   Email Palimpsest   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the people who run the Flexible Spending Health Account stuff for my last employer. Having had to submit the documentation for reimburse 3 times by fax which was deemed illegible and once by a trip to the post office to send it certified since they don't bother to have an actual address, just a Post Office Box, they now inform me a year later if I don't clear up the confusion caused by their multiple failures they're going to change my last year income to include the income of the undocumented first three times. Since they never paid them I don't see how I have income. Looking forward to a long and profitless morning tomorrow requiring long waits due to unusually high call volumes and expecting tons of patience and understanding from me.
Posts: 2990 | From: Seattle WA. US | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged
Mechtilde
Shipmate
# 12563

- Posted      Profile for Mechtilde   Email Mechtilde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
TICTH 'sourcing'.

Why can't people just buy stuff anymore?

TICTH the phrase "life hacks." What's wrong with "tips"?

--------------------
"Once one has seen God, what is the remedy?"
Sylvia Plath, "Mystic"

Posts: 517 | From: The cloud of unknowing | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And "life coach," which I just ran into while job surfing [Projectile] . Can you say, "counselor"?

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
LOL. You realise you said 'job surfing'?

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I did indeed. Has it got another meaning cross-pond? [Eek!]

While I'm at it, I'll consign to heck (hell's a bit strong) people who don't know the difference between proofreading and copyediting, order you to do the one, and then deny you the job because you've followed orders instead of doing the other. I mean, buy a clue...

--------------------

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lamb Chopped:
I did indeed. Has it got another meaning cross-pond? [Eek!]

No, but I found it rather amusing that you employed it in the middle of complaining about the use of trendy phrases.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

Touche! (Trans. "A touch, a very palpable touch!")

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the manufacturers of a new hair-dye I'm going to try tomorrow: the print on their instruction leaflet is (a) practically microscopic and (b) printed in white-on-black, which doesn't help.

As I haven't got the best eyesight, I asked D. for his opinion, and he agreed that only the bits in bold type were really legible.

At least they printed the time you're supposed to leave it on as a clock-face ... [Eek!]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kitten
Shipmate
# 1179

- Posted      Profile for Kitten   Email Kitten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICT the deepest depths of H, my (former) DIL for the hurt she is causing my Son & grandsons

--------------------
Maius intra qua extra

Never accept a ride from a stranger, unless they are in a big blue box

Posts: 2330 | From: Carmarthenshire | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sola gratia
Apprentice
# 14065

- Posted      Profile for Sola gratia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Totally with you on that, Mechtilde, re: "life hacks". They are Not a Thing.

TITCH HR departments who screw with eager young applicants by recommending putting them forward for a job interview and then not giving them the position because 'not enough experience'. But you read my CV [US: resume]! Did that not occur to you at the time?! [Mad] Leading people up the garden path much?

Also those who stipulate a RIDICULOUS number of specific attributes on job adverts which probably only one person in the world fulfils, all because they can, I guess, in these times of high unemployment and insecure job market. Gnnnnnaaaaargh.

*goes away to hammer out another pointless covering letter* [Waterworks]

--------------------
I'm English, and as such I crave disappointment - Bill Bailey

Posts: 20 | From: England | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
SG: ditto, and I'll push 'em all one circle deeper—especially the university press that called me in for six hours of interviewing with HR, both my prospective bosses, my prospective colleagues (two thirds of whom were working in positions I'd applied for), and the director, all to tell me the search had been canceled and nobody found.

Yeah. Two hundred people applied for this job. I've been doing one functionally identical for two years. You mean to tell me you can't find one person who could do it? Oh, right, internal candidate—do the pro forma national search, call it off, waste our time, then sneak in your own person.

Fuck. You.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Macrina
Shipmate
# 8807

- Posted      Profile for Macrina   Email Macrina   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH Stuart Broad - England T20 captain for whinging passive aggressively about being fined for whinging passive aggressively.

Seriously? You're a professional sportsman. You should know that you don't metaphorically bend over and moon the match officials and get off with just a warning. Idiot. No one is saying the lightening was fine and dandy. I'd agree with your point if you weren't such an entitled spoiled kid with a chip on your shoulder the size of the Members Pavilion at Lords.

Posts: 535 | From: Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lamb Chopped:
Touche! (Trans. "A touch, a very palpable touch!")

TICTH keyboards that haven't got an accute accent key. It's fucking 'touché', as in 'too shey', and in English rhymes with 'May'.

quote:
touché, int. E20. [Fr., pa. pple of toucher to touch.] 1 Fencing. Acknowledging a hit by one's opponent. E20. 2 Expr. good-humoured acknowledgement of a valid point or justified accusation made by another person. E20.

(Oxford Talking Dictionary © 1998)

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lord Jestocost
Shipmate
# 12909

- Posted      Profile for Lord Jestocost   Email Lord Jestocost   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Wesley J:
TICTH keyboards that haven't got an accute accent key. It's fucking 'touché', as in 'too shey', and in English rhymes with 'May'.

Wouldn't that be most keyboards, then? At least in the Anglophone world.

On a "normal" (i.e. non Mac) keyboard, hold down the ALT key and type 130 on the numeric keypad on the right (for some reason the number keys at the top of the keyboard don't work). Lo, an é will appear. Have fun experimenting with different numbers for different characters. ASCII codes are there to serve.

Posts: 761 | From: The Instrumentality of Man | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
AltGr+vowel á é í ó ú

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The little "o" for degree, as in temperature is
Alt 248. 19° in Pennsylvania this morning.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

If you all want to share ASCII codes or something, I recall there being a tech support kind of thread somewhere other than Hell that would be an appropriate place. That's quite enough pedantry and geekery for here, though. Move along please.

--------------------

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the exigencies of fate again. It's no fucking fair. [Waterworks] [Mad]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
'Flu: unless I'm mistaken, the aching limbs, raised temperature, chills, headache, streaming nose, etc, etc, etc mean I've got the dreaded 'f*u again.

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Kitten
Shipmate
# 1179

- Posted      Profile for Kitten   Email Kitten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by L'organist:
'Flu: unless I'm mistaken, the aching limbs, raised temperature, chills, headache, streaming nose, etc, etc, etc mean I've got the dreaded 'f*u again.

Seconded, Flu must be of the devil

--------------------
Maius intra qua extra

Never accept a ride from a stranger, unless they are in a big blue box

Posts: 2330 | From: Carmarthenshire | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

I'll add the so-called stomach flu to that--well into the second week of intermittent symptoms.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Open letter to-- Oh, everyone who currently has face time with me:

1. It is extremely frustrating to be the designated calm, reassuring person in the situation when everyone else is a fucking drama addict. The calmer I act, the more y'all jones for the histrionics. FUCK!

2. If you really want someone to help you out, and want further help from them in the future, a good thing to do would be to NOT act like the act of them helping you out is fucking up your life.

3. Dear younger family member-- if you are going to speak to your mother the way you just did, I will go back over that essay you asked me to read and reformat my comments from "constructive criticism" to "Harold Ross -Level Vociferous Scrutiny." Suck it, Hemingway.
(I will not do that. And it is a pretty good essay.)

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've had it with euphemisms.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Palimpsest
Shipmate
# 16772

- Posted      Profile for Palimpsest   Email Palimpsest   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the Recycle Police of my city. It's bad enough we have to separate compost and yard waste from garbage and recyclables (for which there's a long complicated list) and watch them toss them in the same bins in the garbage truck.
It's bad enough that they expect us to wash the bottles and cans before putting them in the recycle bin.

They've now announced that all citizens must peel the little stickers off the peels on their fruit and vegetables so the plastic doesn't ruin their compost plans.

At heart I can't see why there's such a damn urgency to minimize landfill from a city in a state that has an active volcano [Mad]

Posts: 2990 | From: Seattle WA. US | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

TICTH idiotic conspiracy theorists who have come out of the woodwork in the last couple of weeks like nobody's business to deal with flight MH370.

My latest encounter being with an online comment asserting that the Maldives are close to the border of Somalia. It's three thousand fucking kilometres, you moron.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh, FFS. Heartily agreed. The people involved are miserable enough without the crackpots staking claims on the situation.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Anglican_Brat
Shipmate
# 12349

- Posted      Profile for Anglican_Brat   Email Anglican_Brat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
In today's version of right wing stupidity:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/alaskan-senator-pushes-for-pregnancy-tests-in-bars-9221569.html

What is it about Alaska these days? First it gave us Sarah Palin and now this. Apparently women need to be reminded that they might be pregnant before they can buy alcohol. Can we also remind men that they might be stupid before they buy a drink?

--------------------
It's Reformation Day! Do your part to promote Christian unity and brotherly love and hug a schismatic.

Posts: 4332 | From: Vancouver | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
Prester John
Shipmate
# 5502

- Posted      Profile for Prester John   Email Prester John   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
TICTH 'sourcing'.

Why can't people just buy stuff anymore?

It is how some of us earn a living. TICTH two idiots in particular. First the engineer that sends me an email on Friday night expecting me to put a purchasing agreement in place for him by Monday without having notified me he needed help weeks ago like he should have. Damn, engineers can be so stupid.

Second, Senator Leland Yee, Mr. Hypocrite himself. So content to ban guns yet illegally selling them himself. I hope you and Shrimp Boy enjoy prison.

[spelling]

[ 29. March 2014, 04:18: Message edited by: Prester John ]

Posts: 884 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
rufiki

Ship's 'shroom
# 11165

- Posted      Profile for rufiki   Email rufiki   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH a well-known cable company who put their prices up, have intermittent service, and charged me £99 for an engineer to come and maintain their kit. I was specifically told there would be no charge.

My custom is going elsewhere. I might still get a crap service, but at least it'll be cheap and crap.

Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH groups of ten/twelve cyclists on pavements. Officially organised cycle rides whose website I have found, and thus been able to complain about you inconsiderate morons, since you were stupid enough to break the law wearing yellow hi-vis tabards with the name of your group on it.

The cycle lane is the other side of the road - and it is there for the excellent reason there is no room for you and me on that pavement... not that that ever stops most cyclists in my part of the world.

And, whilst I'm at it, I'm also CTH those who insist on sitting on aisle seats on public transport, grumble at having to move to let me sit on the vacant window seat, and then won't stand up properly, just swivel in the seat. Well, I'm not at all sorry if you didn't like my backside in your face - (cue second round of grumbles at my inconsiderateness)I warned you I had little sense of balance on a moving bus and it would be better for both of us if you stood up.

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH TV shows that kill off characters and change plots. so that an actor can leave (or be fired).

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
BessLane
Shipmate
# 15176

- Posted      Profile for BessLane   Email BessLane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the stupid self-important bitch at my friend's funeral today. If you're going to bother showing up for the service, don't spend the entire time texting on your cell phone . The only reason that phone is not in a zillion small pieces inside your various bodily orifices if that I didn't want to disrupt the service... [Mad]

--------------------
It's all on me and I won't tell it.
formerly BessHiggs

Posts: 1388 | From: Yorkville, TN | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Golden Key:
TICTH TV shows that kill off characters and change plots. so that an actor can leave (or be fired).

So what should they do when an actor leaves?

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
quote:

So what should they do when an actor leaves?
Shoot the actor. Looks like fans won't be happy otherwise.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Stercus Tauri
Shipmate
# 16668

- Posted      Profile for Stercus Tauri   Email Stercus Tauri   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Possibly not quite to hell - but pretty damn close - because some quite nice people keep doing it: everyone who refers to the gas company (or any other utility) technician as an 'engineer'. If he/she hasn't slaved to get an engineering degree and isn't accredited by one of the engineering Institutions, then he/she isn't an engineer. And 'technician' seems generous for some of them, who I wouldn't trust to identify the working parts of my wheelbarrow.

--------------------
Thay haif said. Quhat say thay, Lat thame say (George Keith, 5th Earl Marischal)

Posts: 905 | From: On the traditional lands of the Six Nations. | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH viruses

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It is with profound regret and embarrassment that I condemn myself to Hell for not putting my own clock forward, and hence arriving at church (at which I was supposed to be playing for the service) when said service was nearly over. Fortunately, there was someone else there who did the job. I slunk out before anyone noticed my late arrival. [Hot and Hormonal] [Hot and Hormonal] [Hot and Hormonal]

Self flagellation a speciality of the house

[ 30. March 2014, 22:03: Message edited by: jacobsen ]

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH people maul you during the
peace, while running around like crazed hyenas.

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TI also CTH fucking manipulative narcissistic bastards, AND all the people who first complained to me about said narcissistic bastard, who are now all being taken in by said bastard turning on the charm, and don't want anything to change. So I, who recognize the harm happening to people, and the need to lance the wound, not put a bandaid on it, am going to be the big bad meanie who didn't want to make nice and therefore kicked said bastard out. Plus said bastard has recently switched to my church, so I expect to be bad mouthed up, down, left, right and sideways throughout my own church by said bastard.

Fuck you, the horse you rode in on, and all your manipulative shit about God's calling you and God teaching you. The closest connection you have to God is that you are a shitstain on God's ass.

--------------------
Truth

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

AR, thank God you have the guts to deal with it, and lance that stinking boil. I just lost my job because nobody would.

--------------------

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

Thx, Lamb. I'm not sure Manipulative Narcissistic Bastard has a clue to what I can be like in my full-on "you have pushed things one fucking inch too far and I am on to you and your deceitful shit" furious mode. But boy howdy, did MNB push this shit just one little bit too far, and are they ever going to be surprised.

--------------------
Truth

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

Consider: MNB probably = sociopath. You may want to take steps to guard against over the top future retaliation. There are books out there that can help.

--------------------

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Also consider that MNB may have chosen YOUR church with deliberate intent. Sorry to be so negative, but I've been hearing about some other sociopaths since my last attendance here, and I'm a bit cynical.
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm pretty sure MNB sociopaths are worthy of their own thread, seeing as they seem to be so common. Why, I imagine we can discuss coping strategies, management tactics, and, when all our rational, All Saintsy style "if you treat them like you should a decent human being, they'll respond" ideas fail, because they're not decent human beings, unhealthy ideas that get us through the day. Why, I'm pretty sure I can add a thing or twelve to that thread myself.

But that's a thread that is not this one. Take it somewhere else.

Ariston, Hellhost

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH snotty teenagers. And unpleasant coincidences.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Watching Hoarders: Animal Edition and just hating so, so many people right now. Some humans don't deserve the DNA God gave them.

--------------------

An die Freude
Shipmate
# 14794

- Posted      Profile for An die Freude   Email An die Freude   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Depression.

--------------------
"I too am not a bit tamed, I too am untranslatable."
Walt Whitman
Formerly JFH

Posts: 851 | From: Proud Socialist Monarchy of Sweden | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Especially when the actor concerned is a female who has been in a nicely developing good relationship with the lead male, and he doesn't seem the least bit upset over her vanishing, and starts another relationship the next week. And never uses the wrong name by accident, or refers to what he used to do with X, or even any irritating habit she had. There are no photos, letters or emails. She is unpersoned and wiped as effectively as a Kremlin drop out under Stalin.

I've been watching old episodes of Bergerac, which seem to be transmitted in the wrong order, so these even less explanation that usual.

And, yes, depression.

[ 01. April 2014, 16:12: Message edited by: Penny S ]

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH all the cold callers of the last three months, who ring up despite my being on an official opt-out list. (I never pick up, and all goes to my answerphone.) Luckily, in this neck of the woods, such proceedings are now illegal, and so I've just spent the best part of an hour denouncing all said callers via a consumer protection website, who are entitled and willing and perfectly equipped to sue their arses off. Most satisfying. [Devil]

Still: BASTARDS, all of them! [Mad]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH Thames Water Utilities. Due to their shitty, shoddy equipment at the local pumping station breaking down yet again, I find myself with no water for the third time in 48 hours. This is beyond a fucking joke [Mad]

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  34  35  36 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016