homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » TICTH (Page 13)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  34  35  36 

Source: (consider it) Thread: TICTH
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dark last night.

Meanwhile, the man who is making me want to find a branch of the militant atheists to join.

Eric Pickles, community secretary, claims those atheists should accept the UK to be a Christian country and get over it, and non-believers should not be able to impose "politically correct intolerance*" on others. Specifically, stopping prayers at the start of council meetings, apparently, which he believes, apparently, he prevented by overruling a judge(but which is argued in one source, he was impotent to do). (Search Eric Pickles militant atheists to select your link of choice, Telegraph, Huffington, Guardian, and read the intemperate comments beneath.)

With friends like this, from a government which enacts and executes policies which do not sit well with the mandates of the founder, does Christianity need enemies?

*I suggest that if something is correct, it cannot be intolerant.

[ 07. April 2014, 12:44: Message edited by: Penny S ]

Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TI (happily) CTH our cat who can't aim her peeing into the litter tray. Why? Why sit there balanced on the very edge of a litter tray with your head facing the tray and your damn silly backside hanging all over my beautifully clean floor?
Why were there three chairs and a table between us when i noticed? AND when i cleaned up, why did you sit there and stare at me like i was the one who had lost the plot?

You are one ridiculous moggy and for today i have gone right off you

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH my trapezius muscle in spasm for a month now, and bloody Tylenol and ibuprofen won't shift the pain, and it's my dominant arm. Got a call in to the doctor, hoping for something stronger. No good deed goes unpunished--I'd been shoveling snow and ice to keep Mr. Lamb from doing so. Ha. Ouch!

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
mark_in_manchester

not waving, but...
# 15978

- Posted      Profile for mark_in_manchester   Email mark_in_manchester   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ouch indeed. With luck, the Doctor will prescribe Codeine. Lucky, if you like prune juice, that is...

--------------------
"We are punished by our sins, not for them" - Elbert Hubbard
(so good, I wanted to see it after my posts and not only after those of shipmate JBohn from whom I stole it)

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
heheheheheheh. with both that and the iron pills, I should be tighter than an owl.

[ 07. April 2014, 21:38: Message edited by: Lamb Chopped ]

--------------------

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Went to the Dollar Store today, and an elderly Asian woman behind me, with one small box in her hand, asked if she could go ahead of me. I allowed her. The woman in front of me did also, although with a terse, put upon attitude. She and the cashier complained loudly as she walked away, after the 72 second transaction was complete. In the interim, a few people had gathered behind me-- I had been last in line before that, and a string of complains about people moving forward in line ensued.

Humans just suck. If all it takes for people to get pissed off is for one person to be kind to another, I am glad I fucked up your day. Grow a sense of perspective. assholes.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Guardian for printing letters which refer not to the paper version, but to the online version of the day before. In this case, Giles Fraser on Eric Pickles - see above. Nice to know he wants to join the militant atheists, too, though.
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH whoever thought that having cooking programme, the Great British Menu commemorate the 70th anniversary of the D Day landings was a good idea. Sample dish today 'We Are Captains of Your Souls (Soles)'. Hilarious. "Does this dish evoke the Normandy Invasion"? I bloody hope not.

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Drifting Star

Drifting against the wind
# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yes indeed. Eating pigeon to commemorate the carrier pigeons was rather peculiar, too.

Definitely a big error of judgement for the whole thing.

--------------------
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Heraclitus

Posts: 3126 | From: A thin place. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH getting thrown under the bus.

I also CTH people who think email is a place to raise difficult subjects. Fuck you and your "I'm so shitting correct and wronged against, and I'm going to copy the grown ups so they can see how right I am and how horrid AR is. In Christian love of course" shit. How the fuck about "gee, you've been ducking communication with me, are you OK?" How the fuck about "I claimed to have been through a trauma and lost trust in you; I'm wondering if the same happened to you. Are you OK? What do you need?" But I forget, oh high and mighty claiming to be called by God bastard, you haven't got an empathetic bone in your body.

Fuck this shit.

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Anglican't
Shipmate
# 15292

- Posted      Profile for Anglican't   Email Anglican't   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny S:
to impose "politically correct intolerance*" on others. Specifically, stopping prayers at the start of council meetings,

I suggest that if someone calls something 'correct' it doesn't necessarily follow that it is.
Posts: 3613 | From: London, England | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Anglican't:
quote:
Originally posted by Penny S:
to impose "politically correct intolerance*" on others. Specifically, stopping prayers at the start of council meetings,

I suggest that if someone calls something 'correct' it doesn't necessarily follow that it is.
I have more problems on an ongoing basis with people who think that if you put "politically" in front of "correct" it automatically becomes wrong.

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Feel free to start a Hell thread on political correctness, anyone. It could be a bestseller.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the ongoing live (!) and then endlessly reported news with sound and video snippets from the ghastly Pistorius murder trial in ZA, unavoidable even on BBC Radio 4, who think it's their duty to let the listeners partake in every minute detail.

No, I am not interested, thank you very much, it's not of any personal concern to me. I am not into voyeurism - let the judicial system do what it has to do. But spare us the constant bloody updates. There's no human dignity or any grace in this, neither for the victim nor the accused.

Gruesome and despicable. [brick wall]

[ 09. April 2014, 17:26: Message edited by: Wesley J ]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH, all of Dell's blasted and sodding process for retrieving passwords. I hate all their safe mode and start orbs and the instructions for F8 buttons and all the rest do damn all to start up the rest of my netbook; the majority of the netbook indeed. Blastedness. All of 'em. And it's fish for tea tonight and the laundry's up. Sod it.
Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Windows 8
Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jonah the Whale:
Windows 8

Preach it, brother!

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Mockingale
Shipmate
# 16599

- Posted      Profile for Mockingale   Email Mockingale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lawyers. Fuck 'em.
Posts: 679 | From: Connectilando | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged
Leaf
Shipmate
# 14169

- Posted      Profile for Leaf     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mockingale:
Lawyers. Fuck 'em.

Best not to. A girl can get splinters from sliding down a barrister.

(thanks, Dorothy Parker!)

Posts: 2786 | From: the electrical field | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged
Mockingale
Shipmate
# 16599

- Posted      Profile for Mockingale   Email Mockingale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Leaf:
quote:
Lawyers. Fuck 'em.

Best not to. A girl can get splinters from sliding down a barrister.

(thanks, Dorothy Parker!)

Nice!
Posts: 679 | From: Connectilando | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Lawyers. Fuck 'em.

Lawyers a varied bunch...

*raises lyre overhead with both hands*

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
mark_in_manchester

not waving, but...
# 15978

- Posted      Profile for mark_in_manchester   Email mark_in_manchester   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH Ofsted, who two years ago rated my kids' RC primary as outstanding in all areas, and yesterday published a report saying inadequate in all areas. Same staff, same syllabus. What a pile of bullshit.

I spent last night painting 'support your teachers' banners and printing 'tracts' to gain parental signatures along the same lines. My mate, who drives lorries at night, translated it into Polish somewhere on the M6. I'm furious, and ready to hit the playground, not to mention any number of Pharisaical pedagogues. [Mad]

--------------------
(so good, I wanted to see it after my posts and not only after those of shipmate JBohn from whom I stole it)

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
But not the same children, Mark. It could be that the children who have joined the school since the last inspection have a greater potential for intellectual progress?

There are plenty of good-ish schools with fair results who reach a stage and plateau - which can be dangerous.

And for children who are very bright not being stretched can lead to boredom, first with that particular school then with the education system as a whole.

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH red ants - vicious little bastards!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH my own fucking stupidity when I rubbed my eye shortly after I had eaten a chilli bhaji with chilli sauce. Do NOT try this at home!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
mark_in_manchester

not waving, but...
# 15978

quote:
It could be that the children who have joined the school since the last inspection have a greater potential for intellectual progress?
Ahh, that'll be it. There had to be a reason a highly trained inspection team on a two-day visit produced a result at odds with 97% of the parent respondents who reported strong satisfaction with the school and a preparedness to recommend the school to others. Not to mention a similar percentage who have signed a petition in support of the staff, and expressing no confidence in the inspection report - FWIW. What do I know about my kids' education; after all, I was only a lecturer for 20 years.

And sorry to hear about your eye, WW. Manchester eye hospital is near me, and I have guilt-tripped myself into 'sightsavers' donations each time I got myself with an angle-grinder and had to go there shame-faced. Perhaps like me you need to adopt proper eye protection!

--------------------

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by L'organist:
But not the same children, Mark.

And not the same Inspectors, either, I expect. Sometimes you read two reports on the same school and wonder if it IS the same school - different teams can have a very different approach, and pick up on very different things.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rev per Minute
Shipmate
# 69

- Posted      Profile for Rev per Minute   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
quote:
Originally posted by L'organist:
But not the same children, Mark.

And not the same Inspectors, either, I expect. Sometimes you read two reports on the same school and wonder if it IS the same school - different teams can have a very different approach, and pick up on very different things.
It's quite likely that the inspectors had already decided before arriving at the school 'based' on the information shared beforehand. Or dare I say it may have more to do with a plan to turn all state schools into 'free' (hollow laugh) or academy schools?

I could happily CTH various Secretaries of State and Ministers for Education for the wish to pick and prod at school systems and change everything every few years. But as I work for one of them I should stay quiet... [Mad]

--------------------
"Allons-y!" "Geronimo!" "Oh, for God's sake!" The Day of the Doctor

At the end of the day, we face our Maker alongside Jesus. RIP ken

Posts: 2696 | From: my desk (if I can find the keyboard under this mess) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Builders who start noisily at 7.30 a.m. every day, including today for the last seven days...

Which is the least of their inconsiderate iniquities so far.

It's going to be a long few months, and a lot of phone calls to their bosses.

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Japes:
Builders who start noisily at 7.30 a.m. every day, including today for the last seven days...

Which is the least of their inconsiderate iniquities so far.

It's going to be a long few months, and a lot of phone calls to their bosses.

They aren't building something for you then?

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Japes:

Any loud building work is against the bye-laws in this city and in several other English cities - you can report them.

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

TICTH muscle spasms, which refuse to go away and require painful physical therapy (had to get narcotics for aftermath of Friday) and which prevent me from being anything but a slug. There is a house to clean!

--------------------

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH ... ah, screw it, you're not even worth the key presses to CYTH. You can go fuck yourself.

And Hallelujah other people see through your shit and I'll only ever have to be in the same room with you one more time ever again.

[Yipee] to the end of agony, you manipulative lying scheming conniving delusional bastard.

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

- Posted      Profile for Adeodatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Bishops.

But I really, really doubt I'm alone in that.

--------------------
"What is broken, repair with gold."

Posts: 9779 | From: Manchester | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Adeodatus:
Bishops ...

What, all of them? [Eek!]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

Bad back. I'm supposed to be at a meeting up the road, and I'm needing the lifting option to get out the chair.

Mind you, I didn't really want to go.

[ 15. April 2014, 19:02: Message edited by: Penny S ]

Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

- Posted      Profile for Adeodatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by piglet:
quote:
Bishops ...

What, all of them? [Eek!]
Yesterday I was struggling to think of one I wouldn't CTH.

Do you think the application form for the job includes the bullet-point
quote:
The successful applicant will display a chronic inability to find his own arse, even when using both hands
?

--------------------

Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

- Posted      Profile for Qoheleth.   Email Qoheleth.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Yesterday I was struggling to think of one I wouldn't CTH

Even +Buckingham ?

--------------------
The Benedictine Community at Alton Abbey offers a friendly, personal service for the exclusive supply of Rosa Mystica incense.

Posts: 2532 | From: the radiator of life | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

quote:
Originally posted by Qoheleth.:
quote:
Yesterday I was struggling to think of one I wouldn't CTH

Even +Buckingham ?
If you've got the pointy hat, you do the time. There is such a thing as keeping bad company. In this case, I'll let him sit on Welby's shoulders in the lake of fire.

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

What about our very own pete173? Can he sit on +Buckingham's shoulders? Might look like this, in the end?

--------------------

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'd go along with at least some of the bishops.

The CofE has far too many - and the insistence on keeping this inflated number only goes to shine a spotlight on how small the pool from which they're chosen is and how little talent is out there.

As I've said in another thread, there should be an immediate freeze on appointing any more suffragans. I can see a case being made for Canterbury, York, London and Oxford having a suffragan by virtue of either other responsibilities (archbishops) or number of parishes.

A serious and urgent review should be made of the number of dioceses and a timetable drawn up to reverse the expansion of their number. The geographical arguments used in time past no longer hold water in the internet age: in fact they've been redundant since the widespread availability of telephones and the development of decent roads.

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Jemima the 9th
Shipmate
# 15106

- Posted      Profile for Jemima the 9th     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH 2 day headaches. And the seeming inability of any of the men in my life not to behave like knobs.

I suspect one problem may possibly be related to the other.

Posts: 801 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH people who stick their chewing gum to stair handrails. There are some of us who need these rails to negotiate stairs. And we do not wish to have a mixture of your old gum and saliva stuck to our hands. There should be a tenth circle of Hell for these people.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

- Posted      Profile for Porridge   Email Porridge   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the Medicaid personnel who sent back three reports this month as "not meeting standard." Seriously?! WHAT @#$#*%!! standard?! Show me the @#$#*%!! standard in your gazillion-page manual -- oh, wait -- you CAN'T, BECAUSE THERE IS NONE, you semi-headed sloth-toed cave-dwelling feather-witted rubber-elbowed noodle-necked cross-bred gene-splintered excuse for a bureaucrat with dustbunnies for brains.

Over the years, you have accepted reports written in appalling grammar, which plainly indicate nothing whatsoever to do with a person's ISP, which were effing handwritten (before I ever worked here) in cursive (I guess) so deformed as to make it impossible to determine what fucking language they're written in, and these returned reports are lightyears ahead of most of what's in my client files, and you've returned them why, exactly? So now either two of my staff don't get paid, or my agency's meniscus-thin budget goes south for the fucking month? What? Don't you fucking have enough to DO?! Come up here and deal yourself with the client who's keeping a decomposing dead ferret in his living room then, and YOU write the fucking report TO STANDARD MY FUCKING EYE. Fuck you.

--------------------
Spiggott: Everything I've ever told you is a lie, including that.
Moon: Including what?
Spiggott: That everything I've ever told you is a lie.
Moon: That's not true!

Posts: 3925 | From: Upper right corner | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the numpties who have been working on a standard for three months and submit it for QR at 11am for return by 2pm the same day.

I suppose you have some stupid "Must complete it by Easter" target and I hope others join me in giving it an unconditional fail.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH old age and the slow decline of cognitive abilities, the shrivelling of horizons, the slow turning away and inwards from friendships or shared activities.
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

Still the bad back. I'm currently in a recliner chair which can propel me out of it, which I could lower the back of to sleep in, possibly. If I go to bed, it takes forever to get out. There is no loo on this floor. Didn't sleep much last night, having propped myself up in order to make getting out easier.
It's not agony or anything, but it makes moving really difficult, with unexpected twinges, and muscles that usually work apparently off on holiday.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

TICTH BIG red ants - a rather bigger variety than the red ants I called to hell the other day. Yes, I know they are part of God's wonderful creation but I hate the bastards!

--------------------

chive

Ship's nude
# 208

- Posted      Profile for chive   Email chive   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH oil seed rape and the resulting asthma attacks and hayfever it engenders. Bastarding thing.

--------------------
'Edward was the kind of man who thought there was no such thing as a lesbian, just a woman who hadn't done one-to-one Bible study with him.' Catherine Fox, Love to the Lost

Posts: 3542 | From: the cupboard under the stairs | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

- Posted      Profile for mdijon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Porridge:
you CAN'T, BECAUSE THERE IS NONE, you semi-headed sloth-toed cave-dwelling feather-witted rubber-elbowed noodle-necked cross-bred gene-splintered excuse for a bureaucrat with dustbunnies for brains.

That was tremendous. I hope you feel better for that, because I certainly would if I could rant like that.

--------------------
mdijon nojidm uoɿıqɯ ɯqıɿou
ɯqıɿou uoɿıqɯ nojidm mdijon

Posts: 12277 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  34  35  36 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016