homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » TICTH (Page 32)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36 

Source: (consider it) Thread: TICTH
JoannaP
Shipmate
# 4493

- Posted      Profile for JoannaP   Email JoannaP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH my recently acquired allergy to scent etc. I am building a collection of hypo-allergenic deodorants that bring me out in a rash. [Mad]

--------------------
"Freedom for the pike is death for the minnow." R. H. Tawney (quoted by Isaiah Berlin)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1877 | From: England | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny S:
People who think that printing chequer patterns and the word POLITE in big police font on their hi-vis jacket give them some sort of licence. What's wrong with "CAUTION - HORSES", or "PLEASE PASS SLOWLY"?

There was something in very small letters under the word polite, but I had no way of reading it. Then large letters again with "GO SLOW".

They've found, as have some cyclists and motorcyclists, that it's the only thing that works with some motorists. So the answer to "what's wrong with CAUTION - HORSES or PLEASE PASS SLOWLY" is the people you should be calling to Hell - impatient clueless motorists.

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Karl: Liberal Backslider:
quote:
Originally posted by Penny S:
People who think that printing chequer patterns and the word POLITE in big police font on their hi-vis jacket give them some sort of licence. What's wrong with "CAUTION - HORSES", or "PLEASE PASS SLOWLY"?

There was something in very small letters under the word polite, but I had no way of reading it. Then large letters again with "GO SLOW".

They've found, as have some cyclists and motorcyclists, that it's the only thing that works with some motorists. So the answer to "what's wrong with CAUTION - HORSES or PLEASE PASS SLOWLY" is the people you should be calling to Hell - impatient clueless motorists.
There aren't any of those round here. And no room to do anything but go slowly where the horses are involved. The best notice I have seen is RIDER UNDER INSTRUCTION. What would be nice would be the riders, some of whom look too young to be out on the road without an adult, behaving politely themselves. Pulling in where possible, and understanding that drivers must be assured themselves (as in the Highway Code) that the road is clear before passing, and not merely accept the assessment of someone to young to drive, who then expresses irritation when the driver does not respond to their hand signals. (And for there to be decent places for them to ride off road. I simply cannot see what pleasure there is in walking along busy tarmac. But I learned at a school on the estate of a landowner where there plenty of bridleways.)
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You must live in unique area, Penny. I encounter an impatient motorist who's apparently willing to risk my life to shave a few seconds off his journey about once every twenty miles.

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
As do I.

I also seem to be encountering a tangent every five posts lately. Which is strange, because most of them are six posts long, with a seventh from one of us telling you to go bugger off.

Knock. It. Off.

Now.

—Ariston, Very Irate Hellhost

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
To be accurate, I have seen no drivers behaving badly in the vicinity of horses, on the roads which the horses use - and the POLITE notice has only appeared in the last month. There are other roads, and people on them who I would not want to be near horses. Especially the ones on quadbikes.
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
um, Penny? *cough* look up. see that host, that really scruffy one right there with the red face, the sharp teeth, and the drool? The one threatening you with a wicked set of handlebars and the rusty tire iron? He says to shut the fuck up.

I recommend doing so.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the sick, sick fuckhead who
called in a bomb thread to Sandy Hook elementary school.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
um, Penny? *cough* look up. see that host, that really scruffy one right there with the red face, the sharp teeth, and the drool? The one threatening you with a wicked set of handlebars and the rusty tire iron? He says to shut the fuck up.

I recommend doing so.

You forgot my copy of the 10 C's written in fire and signed in blood.

But, just so you know, c, there are reasons I like having you around.

[ 01. October 2014, 20:12: Message edited by: Ariston ]

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH Death. Yeah, I'm not the first. I'm just jumping on the bloody bandwagon. Move over, it's my turn.

You left my son a widower at the age of 26. You took his father away less than two years ago, and now you take his partner, the man he had loved, after only a few years together.

You whisper in my ear that you were merciful. The internal organs were so slow to heal, you tell me. If you were so fucking merciful, why did you let him hold on for three weeks? You floated the spectre of brain damage out there, just long enough for my son to have to have Do Not Resuscitate conversations at the age of twenty-fucking-SIX. On what planet, in what universe, is that acceptable?

You held out false hope like a cat playing with a mouse before the final kill. And then you took your big cosmic eyedropper and let a dose of sepsis fall into the mix, and it was all over without time to say good-bye.

And while I'm CTH, let me throw in for good measure the cardiologist who said B's heart was just fine less than two weeks before the artificial valve blew and everything went to shit.

TICTH every well-meaning relative who spouts the platitude that this was God's plan. If's a plan, it sucks. And ICTH my own arrogance that deigned to think that after 19 months of widowhood I had finally come to terms with death.

Because you have drained me of whatever shreds of purported wisdom I thought I had left, and revealed me as someone who has nothing, nothing she can say to comfort her child. Fuck you and the dark horse you rode in on. May you crawl into a fetid corner of Hell and never again wound the people I love.

And a pre-emptory CTH for anyone who post hugs, smilies, or suchlike. I've been traveling on this barge for long enough to know this is not where to look for them.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm sorry this shitstorm has fallen on you and yours, Mamacita.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Palimpsest
Shipmate
# 16772

- Posted      Profile for Palimpsest   Email Palimpsest   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the bicyclist who almost ran me over while I was hobbling over the dedicated bike lane to get to the new parking spaces which are no longer next to the sidewalk because of the new bike lanes.

Why did he not see me until the last minute? He was busy texting while he pedaled and thus had more important things to do than watch where he was going.

Posts: 2990 | From: Seattle WA. US | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

And that's the nice one you'd take home to your folks.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mike and the Mechanics. The Living Years. I really do not need it as an earworm right now.

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Posts: 10567 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

quote:
Originally posted by Ariston:
quote:

I recommend doing so.

You forgot my copy of the 10 C's written in fire and signed in blood.

But, just so you know, c, there are reasons I like having you around.

And sorry from me.
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mamacita:

And a pre-emptory CTH for anyone who post hugs, smilies, or suchlike. I've been traveling on this barge for long enough to know this is not where to look for them.

Suck it up, Babycakes. We love you anyway.

I wish I could take this pain from you and your son. But I can't. So I'll wave my middle finger at all of this bullshit along with you. And perhaps break some shit later on at the house site.

and Mama? [Axe murder]

Bite me.

--------------------

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
quote:

And that's the nice one you'd take home to your folks.
if I tried to describe you two I'd make babies cry and startle the horses. Which would be awesome but gets horse shit everywhere.

--------------------

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dafyd:
Mike and the Mechanics. The Living Years. I really do not need it as an earworm right now.

Dafyd, may you be slowly lowered into a tank of hungry piranhas for passing that earworm on.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A truly great song. Deal with it.

Meanwhile, TICTH all the people with such poor imaginations they weren't provoked into thought by thought-provoking art. How the everliving fuck could anyone be so stupidly literal-minded to think that this was racist?

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
A truly great song. Deal with it.

Meanwhile, TICTH all the people with such poor imaginations they weren't provoked into thought by thought-provoking art. How the everliving fuck could anyone be so stupidly literal-minded to think that this was racist?

Easy. They are themselves racist. In that part of the world our blessed deano would be regarded as a bleeding-heart leftie.

(edit: grammer)

[ 03. October 2014, 00:00: Message edited by: Sioni Sais ]

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mamacita:

Suck it up, Babycakes. We love you anyway.

I wish I could take this pain from you and your son. But I can't. So I'll wave my middle finger at all of this bullshit along with you. And perhaps break some shit later on at the house site.

and Mama? [Axe murder]

Bite me.

OK, that made me laugh, Miz Nanook. I needed that.

--------------------

Lord Jestocost
Shipmate
# 12909

- Posted      Profile for Lord Jestocost   Email Lord Jestocost   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Manufacturers and purveyors of fake bomb detecting equipment, which proved slightly less useful than consulting your horoscope to gauge your chances of being blown up today. (Hey, the horoscope might accidentally get it right.)

And may they be joined by those officials who can't bear to admit they were scammed and so continue to put their faith in these things.

And a general hell call for the scientific illiteracy that let so many people be taken in at all.

Posts: 761 | From: The Instrumentality of Man | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
The Silent Acolyte

Shipmate
# 1158

- Posted      Profile for The Silent Acolyte     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wind up merchants who can't be arsed to do more than point and grunt to initiate a thread. The fact that is was a drive-by makes it worse.

FFS, George Spigot, can you generate a thought of your own? Or, are you content merely to thrill to those produced by your fellow shipmates?

Posts: 7462 | From: The New World | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH not having heard today from someone I hear from every day without fail. Don't know what's up or wrong.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
FU Jeremy Clarkson, you misanthropic, bigot. You call to the worst and the weakest in people for the sake of your own pitiful ego and a few more dollars. You meretricious excuse for a human.

He did it again in Argentina, and yes again it was not his fault. I have never written the BBC or anything so daft but I will never watch anything he is in ever again (nor have I for over a year, since eeanymeany-gate).

A pustule and example of the corruption of pride. Shameful.

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
deano
princess
# 12063

- Posted      Profile for deano   Email deano   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Pyx_e:
FU Jeremy Clarkson, you misanthropic, bigot. You call to the worst and the weakest in people for the sake of your own pitiful ego and a few more dollars. You meretricious excuse for a human.

He did it again in Argentina, and yes again it was not his fault. I have never written the BBC or anything so daft but I will never watch anything he is in ever again (nor have I for over a year, since eeanymeany-gate).

Great bloke. I love Top Gear. He and Hammond and May speak for people who are despised on the Ship.

Long may they continue to do so.

[ 05. October 2014, 14:42: Message edited by: deano ]

--------------------
"The moral high ground is slowly being bombed to oblivion. " - Supermatelot

Posts: 2118 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

News follows.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Anglican't
Shipmate
# 15292

- Posted      Profile for Anglican't   Email Anglican't   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
I have never written the BBC or anything so daft but I will never watch anything he [Jeremy Clarkson] is in ever again (nor have I for over a year, since eeanymeany-gate).

So in essence, then, you're totally unaffected by all this? (Apart from, perhaps, your blood pressure.)

quote:
I thought it was pretty funny. Not quite sure why they're denying it.
Posts: 3613 | From: London, England | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged
George Spigot

Outcast
# 253

- Posted      Profile for George Spigot   Author's homepage   Email George Spigot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Silent Acolyte:
Wind up merchants who can't be arsed to do more than point and grunt to initiate a thread. The fact that is was a drive-by makes it worse.

FFS, George Spigot, can you generate a thought of your own? Or, are you content merely to thrill to those produced by your fellow shipmates?

Awww after so many years I get my very own hell call. Shame it's such a wimper. C'mon guys you can do better than this.

--------------------
C.S. Lewis's Head is just a tool for the Devil. (And you can quote me on that.) ~
Philip Purser Hallard
http://www.thoughtplay.com/infinitarian/gbsfatb.html

Posts: 1625 | From: Derbyshire - England | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by George Spigot:
quote:
Originally posted by The Silent Acolyte:

Awww after so many years I get my very own hell call. Shame it's such a wimper. C'mon guys you can do better than this.
And interesting for TSA to issue a pseudo Hell call on a thread where neither of you can thoroughly thrash it out.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jemima the 9th
Shipmate
# 15106

- Posted      Profile for Jemima the 9th     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH people offering "helpful" advice to me about how to look after my kids when out and about today. Listen, Sir, granted my offspring are not the sparkly pieces of angel fart drinking water and eating organic nibbles that your grandchildren, you know, the ones you pushed infront of us in the queue to join, so evidently are. It's true that the 2 older kids are a bit whingey and tired, and the 2 year old is. Well, a bit 2. And very tired, what with having been awake since 5.30am. Which is why he ran off. He almost never does that.

I'm not the most patient or perfect mother in the world. But this week I've worked, dealt with distinctly wobbly mental health, and just generally done my best. It's not that the things you suggest hadn't occurred to me, I've just weighed them up and decided not to do them, based on my own knowledge and experience.

So, Sir, take those nuggets of wisdom, mix them with something rather sharp and rusty, and stick them up your arse.

Thank you.

Posts: 801 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
MrsBeaky
Shipmate
# 17663

- Posted      Profile for MrsBeaky   Author's homepage   Email MrsBeaky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH whatever it is that is hiding somewhere in the house and making weird noises.
Not sure I'm going to sleep too well tonight....

--------------------
"It is better to be kind than right."

http://davidandlizacooke.wordpress.com

Posts: 693 | From: UK/ Kenya | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(Notes location)
Do check in later, so we know an anaconda hasn't et you.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

He did it again in Argentina, and yes again it was not his fault. I have never written the BBC or anything so daft but I will never watch anything he is in evter again (nor have I for over a year, since eeanymeany-gate).

It's interesting that he posted on Twitter that in this case " for once we've done nothing wrong". By saying "for once" is he admitting that all the offensive comments he made in the past that he claimed were unintentional were, in fact, deliberate?

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The dude really fucking hates Latinos.

I plan to carry his pic around to my job sites. "Ok , kids, most English people are really, really cool, but this guy? Huge douche. Can you say ' douche'? I knew you could."

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

- Posted      Profile for Albertus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Clarkson's an appalling and very silly man and the BBC management are utterly contemptible in continuing to make excuses for him just because Top Gear brings in lots of money. That said, I thought that pissing off the Argies over the Falklands was about the least offensive thing he'd done for a long time.
Posts: 6498 | From: Y Sowth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

I'm sure there's enough pro- and con- material to make a 'Should Clarkson live?' thread viable.

Sioni Sais
Hellhost

btw Kelly, 'Huge douche' rhymes. Almost.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I would soooo like an autumn that didn't start with a visit from the Scottish Gas engineer. I do hope he can kick the boiler into cooperating for another winter. I can not really afford this at the moment.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by George Spigot:
C'mon guys you can do better than this.

Why should we? You never do.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

I fear this is my nearly annual TICTH to Newport Bus, for changing (read: increasing) fares with no warning.

Pillocks. Inconvenient, arrogant pillocks at that, especially as they don't give change so anyone with Friday's correct fare puts the cash in on Monday only to be told that the single fare is up 10p to £1.70. The result is frustration and delay.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
ICTH Slugs

Stepped on one in the garden, slipped and nearly broke my neck.

I'm thinking if one added a little Bicarbonate of Soda to salt and then poured it on they might fizz a little as they shrivel up?

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by L'organist:
ICTH Slugs

I'm thinking if one added a little Bicarbonate of Soda to salt and then poured it on they might fizz a little as they shrivel up?

Never tried it with bicarb before. But salt will do it. A generous sprinkling should ensure an unpleasant death and a sticky mess left over. I used to a-salt quite a few slugs when I was a little boy.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH organizations where I have to throw around my doctorate in order to get help. Seriously, you'll give "Dr LC" an option you won't offer to ordinary LC? I'm glad to have the option, which is very necessary to the person I'm trying to help; but I feel like a PhD-whore having to do this in order to get it.

Must go wash.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

My friend was refused the pay he had earned because the place would not recognise his doctorate unless he showed them the actual certificate - a confirming letter from the awarding institution would not do (actual London, not some odd address in the Appalachians). (Don't ask why he can't access the cert at the moment.)
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*BANG!*

<Jumps out of skin> Fuck's sake....?

*BANG!*

You're fucking kidding me.

*BANG!*

Car Share Colleague: part the second.

A pupil slammed a door on me on monday. The head teacher attended as duty head and appraised the the sneery-faced wee tube of the aggressive sound made by a slammed door.

This incident was later discussed in our staff base, where, in the hearing of Car Share Colleague I recounted the Heidie's words. She, let me remind you, was so appalled that I should go home sick (when the only important thing I had to do that day was give her a lift home) that she slammed the door on me.

So now that she knows the heidie would call such behaviour aggressive, she's slamming every door she goes through, because, we should understand, that's just how she shuts a door.

Can there be any behaviour more spectacularly retarded? Does she imagine that she can in some way change the past, such that the noise door made when closing last Tuesday does not make her a massive, not to say bad tempered, wank?(*)

So, y'know, alternatively,....

*BANG!*

.... bitch could just fucking apologise.

*BANG!*

I thought I told you to GET TO HELL, you utter minge-pimple.

(*) It occurs to me that she taught "1984" last year. Maybe she's started believing in the mutability of the past.... [Ultra confused]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Housemate, you are a piece of work.

Y’know, you could just honestly admit that you misunderstood how habitation tax was calculated and you that hadn’t realised it was going to be so high. And that means your budget is much tighter than you expected and that sucks. I can sympathise with that. I got a nasty surprise on another part of the taxes too. It’s ok. You’re allowed to make a mistake.

Alternatively, you could pretend that being perfect as you are, you’re in complete control of the whole situation, and suggest that I pay the whole bloody lot but don’t worry, you’ll pay it all next year.

Oh, that noise you heard? It’s my head spinning round from sheer disbelief. It would be like a down payment, would it? Well, I suppose that’s one way of looking at it. Another way of looking at it is that you are trying to manipulate me into giving you a 375€ loan to cover your sorry derrière so you don’t have to admit to stuffing something up. You’re out of luck because I don’t have the money, but even if I did? It would be making interest in my own bank account or getting spent on fun stuff, not paying your taxes for you because you miscalculated. By the way, between you and me, your salary is higher than mine and I’m the one who has a wedding to pay for, which is just about the most bloody expensive thing a person can do. How the HELL could think that’s an appropriate request? But you’re the one who’s behaving offended because I don’t want to take a massive financial hit so you can get out of your fiscal responsibilities for the next twelve months.

Yes, I’m going to be moving out before I strictly have to because you are a SELF-CENTRED PAIN IN THE ARSE.

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Today I consign myself to hell for responding to the disingenuous SusanDoris in purgatory on the scientism thread.

Usually I'm so good at scrolling through the bullshit.

So weak, so weak.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That'll larn ya! Maybe.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Professionals who really are crap at what they do, so that they have too much time, so they criticize everyone else, wallow in their failures and bath in cesspools of delusional narcissism.

Prayer for the day: May tumours form in their armpits, goitres in their faces, gout in all their joints, and may they slip and fall down the stairs, bursting their foetid pus all over themselves. And may everything be done to them as they have done to others.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ticth This Shit. Fucking fuck it, the whole fucking lot. Also please can my stress levels get fucked with it so that I can actually fucking concentrate and do my motherfucking job al-fucking - ready.

(this post brought to you by "I don't fucking care enough to fucking invent imaginative bloody swearing")

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016