homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Martin PC not & Ship's Biohazard: What the hell are you on about? (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Martin PC not & Ship's Biohazard: What the hell are you on about?
Ad Orientem
Shipmate
# 17574

- Posted      Profile for Ad Orientem     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Oscar the Grouch:
AO,

You do realise, don't you, that by starting this hell call, you've simply pinned a target on your back?

Perhaps, but I can take flack like water off a duck's back.
Posts: 2606 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Or off a parrot's back.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ad Orientem:
I can take flack like water off a duck's back.

Dear Lord, it's not bad enough that you're as mentally inflexible as EtymologicalEvangelical, but now you're as braggadocioid as ThomasDF.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
Dear Lord, it's not bad enough that you're as mentally inflexible as EtymologicalEvangelical, but now you're as braggadocioid as ThomasDF.

So, like, where did these people go? I don't think I met either of them...

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ad Orientem
Shipmate
# 17574

- Posted      Profile for Ad Orientem     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
I can take flack like water off a duck's back.

Eh? We're all grown-ups here, aren't we? So we should all be able to take a little flack without getting too upset about.
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Eh? We're all grown-ups here, aren't we? So we should all be able to take a little flack without getting too upset about.

The issue is that you do not appear to understand that the views of others might well be as valid as yours. That your view is as much interpretation as any other.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ad Orientem
Shipmate
# 17574

quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
quote:

The issue is that you do not appear to understand that the views of others might well be as valid as yours. That your view is as much interpretation as any other.
Ah! You mean become a relativist or something like that?
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[brick wall]
Now, this is another thing; imparting an extreme position where none existed.
Is this trait deliberately contentious or spectacularly dense?

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ad Orientem
Shipmate
# 17574

No, some views I just think are plain wrong.

[ 07. August 2014, 04:50: Message edited by: Ad Orientem ]

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

As do we all. We're not all assholes about it, however.

--------------------

Ad Orientem
Shipmate
# 17574

quote:
quote:

I might be vociferous. I'm not sure I've been an arsehole though. But, whatever...
orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Strangely, none of them are ever your own.

EDIT: The fact that you jumped to the conclusion that lilBuddha was talking about relativism is a perfect demonstration of how you haven't got a clue.

[ 07. August 2014, 05:53: Message edited by: orfeo ]

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
Often you react as if someone talked to you in Martian.

You leave us out of this.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

I've been waiting for Mavin's post for hours. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I had a football game to go to. Then sleep.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Marvin, as Martians are already blue, what colour do you turn when you get very cold? Please sir, pretty please sir.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

quote:
Originally posted by Gee D:
as Martians are already blue

Wherever did you get that idea?

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

I might be vociferous. I'm not sure I've been an arsehole though. But, whatever...
No you're not a genuine arsehole. Opinionated yes. One track yes. But hey, we opinionated ones mostly all are. Your prevailing sin may be the appeal to your particular version of authority that rankles people that don't like the idea of authority at all (although they themselves are beset by the condition) but like you say, it's good to have geezers like you aboard as long as you're reasonably civil.

You've just touched a nerve. Martin is a tolerated and sometimes loved ship lunatic.

So prepare for backlash.

Personally I used to try and dissect his manner and understand what he says but in the end it was too much hard work. Just like poetry is too much hard work.

But he has occasional lucid gems which I do adore.

[ 07. August 2014, 11:08: Message edited by: Evensong ]

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
quote:
Originally posted by Gee D:
as Martians are already blue

Wherever did you get that idea?
Sorry, I just had a mental image of a Smurf there.
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Tangent]
quote:
Originally posted by Twilight:
... having fun might get us sent to that "8" place, which I fear much more than Hell.

Come on - jump in and join us - the water's lovely when you get used to it. [/Tangent]

P.S. Martians are green as eny fule kno.

[ 07. August 2014, 12:20: Message edited by: QLib ]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
quote:
quote:

If you're right, then your response to lilBuddha wasn't assholity, it was abject moronity.

--------------------

no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

This view is just plain wrong.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

- Posted      Profile for Oscar the Grouch     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by no prophet:
quote:

This view is just plain wrong.
But have you referred to the Church Fathers before making that statement? [Biased]

--------------------
Faradiu, dundeibáwa weyu lárigi weyu

Posts: 3871 | From: Gamma Quadrant, just to the left of Galifrey | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Siegfried
Ship's ferret
# 29

- Posted      Profile for Siegfried   Author's homepage   Email Siegfried   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
AD: Here's a fine example from Purgatory of your assertions stated as prima facia facts.

--------------------
Siegfried
Life is just a bowl of cherries!

Posts: 5592 | From: Tallahassee, FL USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Silly boy, the Fathers have said all there needs to be said, and so has the Apostle. If they haven't, then it can clearly be implied that they spoke with their silence. And context is everything, except where it isn't, which is also clear because of what the Fathers have said, except for where they haven't, and that is the clearest of all.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

- Posted      Profile for Oscar the Grouch     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Silly boy, the Fathers have said all there needs to be said, and so has the Apostle. If they haven't, then it can clearly be implied that they spoke with their silence. And context is everything, except where it isn't, which is also clear because of what the Fathers have said, except for where they haven't, and that is the clearest of all.

I'm sorry. I should have known that. How stupid am I? [Disappointed]

--------------------
Faradiu, dundeibáwa weyu lárigi weyu

Posts: 3871 | From: Gamma Quadrant, just to the left of Galifrey | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Beeswax Altar
Shipmate
# 11644

- Posted      Profile for Beeswax Altar   Email Beeswax Altar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
originally posted by Evensong:
You've just touched a nerve. Martin is a tolerated and sometimes loved ship lunatic.

At least now that Martin's obscure rants essentially parrot left wing boilerplate, Martin has become a tolerated and loved ship lunatic. Prior to that, Martin was neither loved nor tolerated. Apparently, only I remember that.

--------------------
Losing sleep is something you want to avoid, if possible.
-Og: King of Bashan

Posts: 8411 | From: By a large lake | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The is neither left nor right in Jesus Christ. Nor parrots nor Martians (save Marvin).

--------------------
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
The is neither left nor right in Jesus Christ. Nor parrots nor Martians (save Marvin).

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Beeswax Altar:
quote:

At least now that Martin's obscure rants essentially parrot left wing boilerplate, Martin has become a tolerated and loved ship lunatic. Prior to that, Martin was neither loved nor tolerated. Apparently, only I remember that.
Or you think you remember it, which is not quite the same thing.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Beeswax Altar
Shipmate
# 11644

- Posted      Profile for Beeswax Altar   Email Beeswax Altar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No, I remember it very well. Not like it was a long time ago.

--------------------

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
quote:

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
I think I understand. The OT -NT recapitulation. But why would we personify and flatter the OT. Mere dwarves on the shoulders of giants we.

--------------------
\_(ツ)_/

Siegfried
Ship's ferret
# 29

- Posted      Profile for Siegfried   Author's homepage   Email Siegfried   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

Your memory is failing you.

--------------------
Siegfried
Life is just a bowl of cherries!

Posts: 5592 | From: Tallahassee, FL USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Beeswax Altar
Shipmate
# 11644

No, it isn't. Comet always loved Martin. The rest are newcomers to the love Martin bandwagon.

--------------------

Rosa Winkel

Saint Anger round my neck
# 11424

- Posted      Profile for Rosa Winkel   Author's homepage   Email Rosa Winkel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When did this change supposedly happen?

I've liked him for years.

--------------------
The Disability and Jesus "Locked out for Lent" project

Posts: 3271 | From: Wrocław | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
No, it isn't. Comet always loved Martin. The rest are newcomers to the love Martin bandwagon.

Until quite recently Martin PC posted self-indulgent bollocks. He got pulled up for it (IIRC), took a break and since then has made a lot more sense. OK, he's sometimes cryptic, but it hasn't been such hard work for at least 12 months. By making his posts more accessible he's scored some points (though we don't keep count).

Maybe you're cutting through the crap more easily too now?

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Beeswax Altar
Shipmate
# 11644

Glad to see I'm not the only one that remembers history more or less the way it happened. You do offer a slightly different interpretation of it. When Martin posted stuff that clashed with the left wing ethos of the Ship, it was self indulgent bollocks. Now that his thinking fits within the mainstream of the Ship, he has become an eccentric beloved poet while the former not politically correct biohazard has vanished from the collective memory.

--------------------

LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Most of the time, I wouldn't be able to tell if Martin's posts clash with 'left wing ethos' or not.

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Collective memory? Following Comet's lead? I beg your pardon. I can barely remember my own grudges for more than a few days, much less everyone else's. I do know I've liked Martin and his obscure delivery, long before you or Comet joined ship.
IngoB

Sentire cum Ecclesia
# 8700

- Posted      Profile for IngoB   Email IngoB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
At least now that Martin's obscure rants essentially parrot left wing boilerplate, Martin has become a tolerated and loved ship lunatic.

Well, I don't know how beloved Martin was then or is now. I don't keep track of that sort of thing myself.

But you are correct about his change to being obscure about typical "liberal" opinions these days. And here's a curious effect. When Martin was being obscure about atypical (at least atypical for SoF) "conservative" opinions, I remember distinctly that I often was one of the few people who were grasping what he was saying most of the time. I did several posts where I basically "translated" (paraphrased) Martin for general consumption, and apparently successfully so (at least Martin seemed to be happy with the result).

Now that he has flipped to the endarkened side, I find myself more often than not baffled by his comments. So to me, his level of gibberish and incoherence has significantly increased...

This suggest that maybe Martin has stayed pretty much as he was. But that the difficulty of filtering the signal out of the noise of his blather is really to a large extent dependent on how close one is in opinion. If one is close enough in opinion, then by a kind of linguistic resonance one is largely able to get what he is saying. If one is far, then it all just becomes a blur of bullshit. If so, then the reason why many people think he has "improved" his writing is not that he has actually done so, but rather that the errors he is peddling these days are closer to the majority thinking of SoF.

Anyway, if true then this is a rather interesting cognitive phenomenon. I wonder if this has been studied before. If I were a psychologist, I would now think about turning this into some kind of study...

--------------------
They’ll have me whipp’d for speaking true; thou’lt have me whipp’d for lying; and sometimes I am whipp’d for holding my peace. - The Fool in King Lear

Posts: 12010 | From: Gone fishing | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rosa Winkel

Saint Anger round my neck
# 11424

- Posted      Profile for Rosa Winkel   Author's homepage   Email Rosa Winkel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Glad to see I'm not the only one that remembers history more or less the way it happened. You do offer a slightly different interpretation of it. When Martin posted stuff that clashed with the left wing ethos of the Ship, it was self indulgent bollocks. Now that his thinking fits within the mainstream of the Ship, he has become an eccentric beloved poet while the former not politically correct biohazard has vanished from the collective memory.

I ask again, when did he start posting supposedly left-wing stuff?

I'm with Sioni Sais on this, simply that he's making more of an effort to be understood.

--------------------
The Disability and Jesus "Locked out for Lent" project

Posts: 3271 | From: Wrocław | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

quote:

It's okay, I love you as well. Love is all you need. Love love love. 💝

--------------------
\_(ツ)_/

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

quote:
Originally posted by Rosa Winkel:
quote:

I suspect that BA is incapable of distinguishing between liberal and left-wing. Not that Martin fits neatly into any of those boxes anyway, but I think it's true that Martin has become more theologically liberal over the years. However, I would have said that that move was well underway before BA graced us with his presence, so his insistence that none of this was a long time ago is even more puzzling. Perhaps Martin's recent efforts to express himself more clearly have made the change of heart seem more recent and radical than it actually was.

--------------------

Beeswax Altar
Shipmate
# 11644

quote:
Originally posted by Rosa Winkel:
quote:

I'm with Sioni Sais on this, simply that he's making more of an effort to be understood.

It happened over the last two years. I can't say exactly when because I didn't participate on Ship of Fools for most of 2013.

quote:
originally posted by QLib:
suspect that BA is incapable of distinguishing between liberal and left-wing.

And you can fuck right the hell off too. BA knows that politically liberal means something different in Europe than it does in United States. I've never understood why I was supposed to accept the European usage of the word was correct but whatever. As a result of BA knowing that, BA tries to remember to use Left Wing or Progressive when talking about the political left. Why? Because BA knows some prissy pedant will make that rather stupid point every single fucking time. In your case, QLib, you'll make the point rather it's relevant or not. Theological liberal means theological liberal every place. Martin's theology and his politics have taken a left turn over the last two years. And, no, this did not happen before I graced you with my presence. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

IMHO it is still self-indulgent bollocks.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by IngoB:
quote:
At least now that Martin's obscure rants essentially parrot left wing boilerplate, Martin has become a tolerated and loved ship lunatic.

Well, I don't know how beloved Martin was then or is now. I don't keep track of that sort of thing myself.

But you are correct about his change to being obscure about typical "liberal" opinions these days. And here's a curious effect. When Martin was being obscure about atypical (at least atypical for SoF) "conservative" opinions, I remember distinctly that I often was one of the few people who were grasping what he was saying most of the time. I did several posts where I basically "translated" (paraphrased) Martin for general consumption, and apparently successfully so (at least Martin seemed to be happy with the result).

Now that he has flipped to the endarkened side, I find myself more often than not baffled by his comments. So to me, his level of gibberish and incoherence has significantly increased...

This suggest that maybe Martin has stayed pretty much as he was. But that the difficulty of filtering the signal out of the noise of his blather is really to a large extent dependent on how close one is in opinion. If one is close enough in opinion, then by a kind of linguistic resonance one is largely able to get what he is saying. If one is far, then it all just becomes a blur of bullshit. If so, then the reason why many people think he has "improved" his writing is not that he has actually done so, but rather that the errors he is peddling these days are closer to the majority thinking of SoF.

Anyway, if true then this is a rather interesting cognitive phenomenon. I wonder if this has been studied before. If I were a psychologist, I would now think about turning this into some kind of study...

Something along these lines perhaps?

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not really. In your example words are used with plain meanings to form a simple sentence.

Martin eschews clarity and simplicity, although his grammar and spelling are first rate.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

quote:
When Martin posted stuff that clashed with the left wing ethos of the Ship, it was self indulgent bollocks. Now that his thinking fits within the mainstream of the Ship, he has become an eccentric beloved poet while the former not politically correct biohazard has vanished from the collective memory.

And if he'd gone all Thatcher, you'd be amongst his acolytes. It is human nature, not any great revelation.
ISTM, there are those for whom the apple has lost its sheen, regardless of its colour.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

orfeo

# 13878

quote:

This is bullshit.

I know I'm a newcomer to the tolerate Martin bandwagon, because (and let's see if your wonderful memory can verify this) I issued a Hellcall to him back in the day, exasperated by the sheer unintelligibility of his posts.

But the reason I know your claim is bullshit is that a considerable number of people were expressing their affection towards Martin back then. I kind of noticed, given that I was expressing the opinion that I couldn't stand the man.

And tolerating him more recently has got precisely nothing to do with his political views. I couldn't really tell you what his political views are - he hasn't reached that level of clarity. But his posting style has changed. And it changed because he got punished. We had a marvellous little Hell thread where doublethink (who was then a Hellhost) applied a readability index to Martin's posts and removed all the vowels from any post that was above the stated limit. Then, I think, he got a couple of weeks shore leave.

And for those who have warmed to Martin: people don't just like Martin more on the grounds of him agreeing with him more. They like Martin more on the grounds of understanding him more.

[ 09. August 2014, 01:50: Message edited by: orfeo ]

--------------------

Beeswax Altar
Shipmate
# 11644

quote:
quote:
When Martin posted stuff that clashed with the left wing ethos of the Ship, it was self indulgent bollocks. Now that his thinking fits within the mainstream of the Ship, he has become an eccentric beloved poet while the former not politically correct biohazard has vanished from the collective memory.

And if he'd gone all Thatcher, you'd be amongst his acolytes. It is human nature, not any great revelation.
ISTM, there are those for whom the apple has lost its sheen, regardless of its colour.

I didn't call Martin to Hell. He called me to Hell a few weeks back. I've never called him to Hell. I've said several times I think Martin is a good person.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016