homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Pets in Hell (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Pets in Hell
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You people have no class.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I hate all of you.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
This is how sorry you will be if the cat images don't stop.

That goes for the lot of you.

Yes sir! No more cat pictures, sir!
Marv, I have seen some depraved shit on this site, but that post asks for Amnesty Imternational to intervene.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's all a fiendish plot by Al Gerbila.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm quite sure there's some other deck on the Ship that's been set up for fun and games...

Honestly, you have an H&A Day, and the next thing you know you've got senior Shipmates making an annoyance of themselves all over the place for weeks.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So pleased the "in-crowd" has found another place to frolic.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I'm quite sure there's some other deck on the Ship that's been set up for fun and games...

Honestly, you have an H&A Day, and the next thing you know you've got senior Shipmates making an annoyance of themselves all over the place for weeks.

You must be referring to the "Gunroom lawyers" with which we are blessed.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've no idea what that means. I was talking about the parade of Admins and Hosts of other boards that are waltzing through leaving image links - the online equivalent of their droppings.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I've no idea what that means. I was talking about the parade of Admins and Hosts of other boards that are waltzing through leaving image links - the online equivalent of their droppings.

Oh, them. I was on about mutinous mutterings of the lower deck.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What to do, what to do...

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dog took my favourite toque off the balastrade and tore into it. The bitch went off her food and then had diarrhea after I lectured and ignored her. Guilt inducing little dinkus. She's now had bacon and peanut butter, and chased a bunny. All is right in her world, and the toque repair makes me look like I've been shot in the head.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Toddler nephew put his bowl of fried noodles on the floor. Blind dog found his way to it by the smell and scarfed the lot.

Nephew: indignant. Dog: Happy. Me: [Killing me]

--------------------

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have a kingsize bed, how did one solitary cat manage to steall 3/4 of the quilt and pin me in a two foot strip of mattress ?

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Athrawes
Ship's parrot
# 9594

- Posted      Profile for Athrawes   Email Athrawes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink:
I have a kingsize bed, how did one solitary cat manage to steall 3/4 of the quilt and pin me in a two foot strip of mattress ?

With practise, although I think genetics also play a part.

My cockatoo was all snugly and affectionate tonight. He wanted my attention, asked to hop on my arm, sat on my shoulder, gazed lovingly into my eyes, then bit me on the ear. It really hurt! At least he didn't laugh madly afterwards.

--------------------
Explaining why is going to need a moment, since along the way we must take in the Ancient Greeks, the study of birds, witchcraft, 19thC Vaudeville and the history of baseball. Michael Quinion.

Posts: 2966 | From: somewhere with a book shop | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

Newsflash: Birds in love with the vacuum cleaner.

Which means that Mr. Lamb treats us all to an extra long, loud hoovering, because he thinks it's cute.

Hate.Noise.Hate.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mr Lamb is just begging for you to tell long, aggrieved, detailed stories about him and his bird obsession on the internet.

We are here for you, darling.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

Thank you. I so feel the lurve. [Axe murder]

--------------------

Taliesin
Shipmate
# 14017

- Posted      Profile for Taliesin   Email Taliesin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bloody dog ate the cherrios. And covered me in really little white hairs. And has been known to drag me on the end of a lead through mud.

For some reason I really love dog and continue to let him turn his mournful little eyes upon us, while his muddy little paws get everywhere. During that run of thunderstorms last week he ended up actually in our bed, and he is not a small dog. But he wuvs us....

Posts: 2138 | From: South, UK | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wretched cat continued her obsession with catching bats tonight. No I do not want a live bat bought into my home and released thank you very much! [Mad]
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My daughter was deployed in Afghanistan. She returned on a Monday. On the Wednesday she acquired a Great Dane puppy. I learn that its sire weighs 180 lbs. I am comforting myself by telling myself that this is a pre-child. In the meantime, I have a grand-dog that will grow to the size of a pony.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Great Dane puppy! [Axe murder] [Yipee]

Picture?

Taliesin
Shipmate
# 14017

- Posted      Profile for Taliesin   Email Taliesin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
They only live to 8 or 9, strain on heart. [Frown]
Posts: 2138 | From: South, UK | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And tonight's delight - cat wolfs her food down and ten minutes later makes odd yowling noises and then throws up on the floor. Lovely.
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

Blue feathered fiend just escaped its cage, flew madly into three windows, panicking, and probably shitting all the while. Me, armed with somebody's old underwear (don't ask), scoop up the wee idiot and get my finger bitten all to hell as I toss it back in the cage.

Remind me why we did this again?

--------------------

Athrawes
Ship's parrot
# 9594

- Posted      Profile for Athrawes   Email Athrawes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Because you are kind, gentle and compassionate, and budgies are cute.

--------------------
Explaining why is going to need a moment, since along the way we must take in the Ancient Greeks, the study of birds, witchcraft, 19thC Vaudeville and the history of baseball. Michael Quinion.

Posts: 2966 | From: somewhere with a book shop | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

That must be why there's a bottle of barbecue sauce sitting on the counter.

--------------------

Athrawes
Ship's parrot
# 9594

If you are planning to eat them you will *need* the barbecue sauce!

--------------------

Athrawes
Ship's parrot
# 9594

And in breaking news, it seems my younger cocky is an escape artist. I came home from school to find his cage empty and him sitting on the neighbour's fence, admiring the view. I put him back, secured the cage and went out. When I came home again, he was chasing a dog around the yard with every appearance of delight. At this rate, if a dog doesn't get him, a snake will.

Oh, and my silky terrier is afraid of frogs. I had to rescue him from a particularly fine green tree frog this evening...

--------------------

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

quote:
Originally posted by Athrawes:
If you are planning to eat them you will *need* the barbecue sauce!

Bones and all, like an ortolan....

We need some terrifying frogs round here.

--------------------

Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lamb Chopped:
Toddler nephew put his bowl of fried noodles on the floor. Blind dog found his way to it by the smell and scarfed the lot.

Nephew: indignant. Dog: Happy. Me: [Killing me]

All the little ones in our neighborhood loved my Irish Setter, Pat. One little toddler offered him a lick of her lollipop and was shocked when he took the whole thing. We rolled on the grass laughing as she scolded, "Pit it out, Pat! Pit it out!"
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

Gosh. I once walked in on a toddler with a lollipop sharing it with a dog. "First I get a lick... now you ... now me..." and so on. I debated telling the parents, but figured they'd only flip out about what was past mending by then.

--------------------

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In-laws visit with their dog. I feed it breath mints. Please, somebody tell me that mints are poisonous to dogs? Or at least make them utterly constipated for, oh, about four days?
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
In-laws visit with their dog. I feed it breath mints. Please, somebody tell me that mints are poisonous to dogs? Or at least make them utterly constipated for, oh, about four days?

With your luck, they will be sugar-free mints and the dog, like humans, gets the very opposite of constipation from sugar substitutes.

[Two face]

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Once I discovered my cat sitting on the bathroom counter doing oral hygiene. She was chewing my husband's toothbrush, which stands up in its holder. I scolded the cat, and she gave me a look: Excuse me, Mom -- I'm brushing my teeth! I decided not to tell him about it.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

I never knew we were a substitute for PostSecret. It's all coming out on this thread now.

--------------------

Athrawes
Ship's parrot
# 9594

It is really hot here, which means snake breeding season. Yesterday my rather pathetic fox terrier decided to try and catch a brown snake... It went past me about 2 metres away. I now can't find the blasted thing. I have to go to school tomorrow, I can't leave the dogs outside, as she will harass the snake if it's still around, and get bitten, and it's too hot to leave them inside.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016