homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Blame the ****s!

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Blame the ****s!
St. Punk the Pious

Biblical™ Punk
# 683

- Posted      Profile for St. Punk the Pious   Author's homepage   Email St. Punk the Pious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
* blame the ****s for my countless wasted hours of misery called "golf".

* blame the ****s for Gordon Brown and Tony Blair.

That should be enough. But for what else do you blame the ****s?

--------------------
The Society of St. Pius *
Wannabe Anglican, Reader
My reely gud book.

Posts: 4161 | From: Choral Evensong | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The midgies!

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
  • Rab C Nesbitt
  • deep-fried Mars bars
  • Irn Bru
  • Bay City Rollers
  • Lulu

All good reasons to blame the S***s!

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Freaking PORRIDGE [Mad] [Mad] The world's only truly grey food, almost tasteless, miserable, quivering lump of glutinous gunk shuddering before a spoon is even forced into it. Or else it looks like grey vomit.

This hideous stuff, exported throughout the world, is barely palatable with salt, whiskey, honey, currants, chillies, dried f*** or a fried egg clapped a-top, and if you have to do that to be able to force it down, it doesn't say much for the starting product.

We need to get some extra powerful catapults or trebuchets for the legions based at Hadrian's Wall* who can then be usefully employed hurling bolts of the stuff back across the border until it's all gone.

* Can't remember which legion is currently stationed there, can anyone remind me? Ta.

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
As this is now a crossover of Hell and All Saints, perhaps we need a Porridge Survivors Thread where we can sound off about our experiences.
Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

- Posted      Profile for Adeodatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Can't believe nobody's mentioned bagpipes yet. The only allegedly "musical" instrument that's not only not in tune with other instruments, it isn't even in tune with itself.

And tartan. The fabric equivalent of bagpipes. Fundamentally out of tune with anything else you might possibly consider wearing.

--------------------
"What is broken, repair with gold."

Posts: 9779 | From: Manchester | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Agree about PORRIDGE. Maybe the ****s will deploy PORRIDGE-filled missiles as their own deterrent when Trident goes. It deters me.

The stuff is basically horse food and even the Ir*** know that.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Kilts! Stupid school uniform kilts which left my knees with frostbite whenever * sunk deep into the snowbanks on the way to the school bus in high school.

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Posts: 2468 | From: Truly Canadian | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
* do.

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
* blame them for awesomeness.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Irn-Bru.

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mmmm, IRN-BRU. Not sure if "blame" is the word * 'm looking for. Who knew radioactive, toxic, carcinogenic sludge could be so delicious?

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Crap spouted by Ariston:
Mmmm, IRN-BRU. Not sure if "blame" is the word * 'm looking for. Who knew radioactive, toxic, carcinogenic sludge could be so delicious?

You can feel your teeth rotting with every sip!

Okay, Miohael Gove. Surely we can all agree on that?!

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lord Jestocost
Shipmate
# 12909

- Posted      Profile for Lord Jestocost   Email Lord Jestocost   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
As is pointed out on a Heaven thread, Who fans get three Doctors. * redress the balance here with John Barrowman.
Posts: 761 | From: The Instrumentality of Man | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ariel:
quote:
Freaking PORRIDGE ... The world's only truly grey food...
If your porridge is grey, you're doing it wrong. Mine is beige. [Angel]

Hey, * was going to say Michael Gove! Can we have him twice?

Posts: 3958 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ach! Some of you sissies haven't spent enough time in orphanages or out on highland walks through the brisk morning rain. If you did you would appreciate that Porridge as a lovely warm, satisfying food that only needs a drop of milk or a wee pinch of brown sugar to be quite tasty and comforting. Please, sir?
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Brown sugar fucks with the Baby™s tear ducts. It must be Demerara.

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What on earth is that? Something in the Marmite family? Perhaps a brown liquid from a dusty bottle that's been on the table for years? Or is it that purple stuff you see in baby's bottles that rots their teeth before they've actually come in? * 'm almost afraid to ask.
St. Punk the Pious

Biblical™ Punk
# 683

- Posted      Profile for St. Punk the Pious   Author's homepage   Email St. Punk the Pious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I blame the Scots for making The Queen purr.

--------------------
The Society of St. Pius *
Wannabe Anglican, Reader
My reely gud book.

Posts: 4161 | From: Choral Evensong | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I blame the British PM for his peculiar choice of verb!

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

I doubt HMtQ is purring over Dave's revelation of her reaction. She's very careful about who gets to know exactly what she has said on any particular issue.

A brief, cool interview without tea and coffee may take place.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mr Cameron may yet be appearing with some very deep scratch marks.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
doubtingthomas
Shipmate
# 14498

- Posted      Profile for doubtingthomas     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
The midgies!

Surely, those are their penance?

--------------------
'We are star-stuff. We are the Universe made manifest, trying to figure itself out'
Delenn (Babylon 5)

Posts: 266 | From: A Small Island | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
The Phantom Flan Flinger
Shipmate
# 8891

- Posted      Profile for The Phantom Flan Flinger   Author's homepage   Email The Phantom Flan Flinger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
All right, but apart from golf, Tony Blair, Gordon Brown, midges, Irn Bru, deep fried Mars Bars, Lulu, porridge and BAGPIPES, what have the Scots ever done for us?

--------------------
http://www.faith-hope-and-confusion.com/

Posts: 1020 | From: Leicester, England | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Andy Stewart, Kenneth McKellar, the White Heather Club, Dr Finlay's Casebook, Ronnie Corbett, Ivor Cutler, Sutherland's Law - towering cultural monuments, all of them.
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This thread is starting to read like a Brae version of " we didn't start the fire."

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Phantom Flan Flinger:
All right, but apart from golf, Tony Blair, Gordon Brown, midges, Irn Bru, deep fried Mars Bars, Lulu, porridge and BAGPIPES, what have the Scots ever done for us?

Apparently there's a phenomenon at the moment where Muslims apologise for everything... including all their amazing inventions.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Twilight:
What on earth is that? Something in the Marmite family? Perhaps a brown liquid from a dusty bottle that's been on the table for years? Or is it that purple stuff you see in baby's bottles that rots their teeth before they've actually come in? * 'm almost afraid to ask.

It is what you might call Raw sugar.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
... Kenneth McKellar ....

What's not to like?

(nsfw)

Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

quote:
Originally posted by North East Quine:
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
... Kenneth McKellar ....

What's not to like?

(nsfw)

You have to admire the enunciation.
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
This thread is starting to read like a Brae version of " we didn't start the fire."

Rab C Nesbitt, Irn Bru, Robbie Burns and Lulu
Robert Stirling, James Watt, horrid bagpipes scream.
Braveheart, Duncan Smith, Blair and Brown, James the Sixth,
Beige porridge, single malt, Alastair MacLean.

Deep fryed mars bars are a thing, midgie bites really sting,
Carol Smilie, cast steel, Ronnie Corbett, Falkirk Wheel.
Porridge cooling in the sinks, playing golf upon the links,
Susan Boyle - North Sea Oil - Arthur Fucking Conan Doyle!

We didn't start the fire...

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lily pad:
Kilts! Stupid school uniform kilts which left my knees with frostbite whenever * sunk deep into the snowbanks on the way to the school bus in high school.

Y'see, kilts are designed to be worn by men. That may be where it went wrong.

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Straight into the quotes file, Marvin!

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016