homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Aaargghhh!!! (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Aaargghhh!!!
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Palimpsest:
Perhaps a circus thread could be started as to where that thread will pop up next? I'm thinking Mystery Worshipper.

Eventually the Hosts will all get sick of it and close it down to be followed by a 'Why did you close it?' thread in The Styx. The only board I don't expect to see it on is Heaven, unless we do awards again and there's one for 'Most Tedious Thread'.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, it's always welcome down here... [Devil]

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Posts: 9131 | From: Ultima Thule | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No. No it's not. Each time I started my morning rounds, a little bit more of me died when I saw that this thread still lived. The thread title became more and more appropriate as time went on.

Another reason why I love the Ship: there are people here who make me look non-tedious by comparison.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariston:
Another reason why I love the Ship: there are people here who make me look non-tedious by comparison.

Odd. I can't think of any.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Then look in the mirror.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And, can I add that perhaps it's evidence of how tedious people are that no-one thought to post such an obvious response for 5h. Come on people, Mousethief gives you a free pass for an easy insult in Hell and you let him off?

--------------------

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, I thought about it. But unlike you I didn't feel it was worth boosting my post count for.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I read Ariston's post and started compiling a list of Shipmates who make me look non-tedious.

Adds Alan's name to list...

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have decided to bless you all with one more of my posts.

Bask, peons, bask.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Langton over on his new same-old-shit Purg thread:
I'm sorry if I slightly misjudged the tone and you took it far too seriously. OK? Get over it.

Two things. One, you can't apologize for something somebody else does, especially something you don't approve of. "I'm sorry you took me wrong" isn't an apology, it's a slap in the face. It's a deliberate attempt to shirk off responsibility. It's a shameful misuse of the word "sorry."

Two, You can't be abusive in an apology and have any hope of being accepted as sincere. Ending your so-called apology with with "get over it" proves you have absolutely no intent to apologize, and your words of ostensible apology are an empty lie.

In short, you're being an asshole. Still. And yet you CLAIM that you want to debate the points on their merits. Yet you ignore people who have points that might possibly disprove your points (such as Ad Orientem), and you insult people who actually do disprove something you've said (as shown here) and pretend you never meant it anyway.

You show yourself, again and again, to have no honour at all. None. Zilch.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

They're baaack.

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That dates you!

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

Or he's been watching too much TV

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm seriously pissed off with Steve Langton's chopping and changing, picking and choosing, while making the same dull noise in response to a variety of questions.

He retains the fantasy that pre-Constantinian Christianity was some wonderland of a Christian nation and that only until then was that the case. AFAIK Celtic Christianity was independent for at least 250 years after that (ie, until after Augustine had met the bishops at Aust) and I am sure that has never been regarded as a Christian nation. In any event, Christianity was so diverse and geographically spread out that whatever they had in common, they could never be regarded as a nation. A 'diverse community' perhaps, but no more than that.

The man's deceived himself. He doesn't know it, and he's not going to examine himself, probably because he's afraid of uncovering that very fact.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

itsarumdo
Shipmate
# 18174

- Posted      Profile for itsarumdo     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I guess we're all up for a bit of Te Deum

--------------------
"Iti sapis potanda tinone" Lycophron

Posts: 994 | From: Planet Zog | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged
Palimpsest
Shipmate
# 16772

- Posted      Profile for Palimpsest   Email Palimpsest   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Steve's fantasy Christianity includes a period when Jewish Christians and Gentile Christians couldn't manage to sit down and eat dinner together. It was followed by the arc of anti-Semitism including the creation of the story that Jews were Christ Killers.
No doubt they were responding to the actions of their time, including Jewish antipathy toward them and a desire not to be savaged by the Romans, but it's nothing to emulate.

Posts: 2990 | From: Seattle WA. US | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No lie. The book of Acts and some of the Epistles read like a lost Real Housewives script in places- the whining, the bickering, the ego wars...

[ 30. November 2014, 19:18: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He can't Johnny. Can not. It's not his fault. Fear has NOTHING to do with it. The wind changed long ago and his face is set.

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
No lie. The book of Acts and some of the Epistles read like a lost Real Housewives script in places- the whining, the bickering, the ego wars...

These show that Barnabas and Paul couldn't get on; then again, I don't think Paul got on with anyone.

Maybe he and Steve should get a room. I'm sure the survivor could put us all in our place.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Paul was the Teresa Manzo of the New Testement. Also, he appeared to be a bit gossipy.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I love Paul. Fortunately, I get to love him at a distance... [Devil]

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

( Sorry, it's Giudice, not Manzo.)

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016