homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » What do you do on a Sunday morning?

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: What do you do on a Sunday morning?
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If you no longer go to church, do you have a lie in? Do you take the kids to sports practices? Is it just like a Saturday?

Does anyone keep some part of the day special still, using it as a time to worship? Or even just a time to slow down, be quiet, unwind for an hour.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Net Spinster
Shipmate
# 16058

- Posted      Profile for Net Spinster   Email Net Spinster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Some of us go to church. Got BWV 645 today from the organist, fantastic.

--------------------
spinner of webs

Posts: 1093 | From: San Francisco Bay area | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
SvitlanaV2
Shipmate
# 16967

- Posted      Profile for SvitlanaV2   Email SvitlanaV2   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This thread is really for people who don't go to church at all. But I have a lie in on Sunday morning... and then to go church in the evening!

Sometimes I go to the library if I can get a lift into the city centre.

Posts: 6668 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged
Pre-cambrian
Shipmate
# 2055

- Posted      Profile for Pre-cambrian   Email Pre-cambrian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I still go to church because I sing in the choir. This morning I didn't have to go as it was children only for the "Toy Service" ( [Projectile] don't ask). I got up later than usual (having two days in the week which aren't ruled by the alarm clock makes such a difference) and went to the gym instead. The rest of the day was much as normal until I had to wander off to Evensong. It's only when the choir has a complete Sunday off that I can do something else like hitting a museum.

--------------------
"We cannot leave the appointment of Bishops to the Holy Ghost, because no one is confident that the Holy Ghost would understand what makes a good Church of England bishop."

Posts: 2314 | From: Croydon | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bob Two-Owls
Shipmate
# 9680

- Posted      Profile for Bob Two-Owls         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I usually go for a walk or a cycle if the weather is amenable. If the weather is bad I potter in the shed. Sometimes I just potter if the weather is good; I find pottering to be very satisfying.
Net Spinster
Shipmate
# 16058

- Posted      Profile for Net Spinster   Email Net Spinster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SvitlanaV2:
This thread is really for people who don't go to church at all. But I have a lie in on Sunday morning... and then to go church in the evening!

Sometimes I go to the library if I can get a lift into the city centre.

Actually the thread is for people with no faith such as myself. The thread info doesn't say anything about church going. BTW my town officially opened its new main library yesterday after several years of building, lots of chairs.

--------------------
spinner of webs

Posts: 1093 | From: San Francisco Bay area | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Macrina
Shipmate
# 8807

- Posted      Profile for Macrina   Email Macrina   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Every now and again I do go back to Church to try and reconnect with something.

I'm a shift worker so rarely do I have Sunday mornings free. I do try to continue to have some time to spend in awareness each day though that may be as little as a few seconds.

Posts: 535 | From: Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Potoroo
Shipmate
# 13466

- Posted      Profile for Potoroo     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It took me ages to get used to having my Sundays free. It has been 6 years, but I still sometimes catch myself thinking Sunday should be a quiet day of rest! [Help]

So Sunday mornings are just like any other day, now.

[ 08. December 2014, 05:59: Message edited by: Potoroo ]

--------------------
Gilbert's Potoroo is Australia's most endangered animal.

Posts: 2778 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I take a bath. Mom is at church, I have the house to myself-- I take a bath.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I still find it difficult having Sunday mornings free. The other members of the family are often at church, so I am often at home alone.

I tend to treat it like any other day, but having a short time alone I do try to use it to chill out.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm not deliberately not going to church yet, but what I'm mostly doing on Sunday mornings these days is sleeping late. Very late. Like noon late.

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I listen to NPR. Sunday lineup on local station (KQED) includes "Prairie Home Companion" (rerun of previous day's live show). It's a much-beloved, folksy variety show, with all sorts of music, edgy skits, hymns, even a sermon of a sort: the Lake Woebegone episode.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016