homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Famous BBC RSS Feed Headlines! (Page 10)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  24  25  26 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Famous BBC RSS Feed Headlines!
Esmeralda

Ship's token UK Mennonite
# 582

- Posted      Profile for Esmeralda   Email Esmeralda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wesley J:
Adults with autism to be audited

announces apt alliterator

Ace! Am advocate for adolescent with Asperger's.

--------------------
I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand.

http://reversedstandard.wordpress.com/

Posts: 17415 | From: A small island nobody pays any attention to | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Great tits cope well with warming

Wearing only tight t-shirts and bikini tops.

(Sorry. Dirty mind. Ah well... [Roll Eyes] )

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have to confess I came in here to post that exact same headline, Wesley [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's still the most e-mailed story on the BBC News main page. [Killing me] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Microwaves 'cook ballast aliens'

Which foolishly calls for those aliens to in turn microwave ballast earthlings! [Help]

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

- Posted      Profile for Esmeralda   Email Esmeralda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Frigid robot eyes top tech prize

I think if I were aiming for a technology prize, an award of frigid robot eyes would not be my first choice...

--------------------

Posts: 17415 | From: A small island nobody pays any attention to | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Search for China Quake Survivors

Must I? And search here? I doubt there are any nearby to find.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Clinton: 'Race is not over yet'

Yes, there are still race issues.

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

Italy pledges to bolster security

No one takes my pillow away and gets away with it...

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
FLP meets RSS:

Pants display marks anniversary

They even managed to leave the circumflex off.

(Though I see they have since changed the RSS headline).

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Esmeralda

# 582

Inspectors push 'stalled' schools

Jump leads are being considered...

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

High speed crash head wins appeal

While its feet are up in arms, barely limbing along.

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not from the BBC, but from AP Entertainment News:

Police arrest 50 Cent employee at rapper's mansion

Who but the police have the power to arrest? (Yes, I know about so-called citizens' arrests, which still require police involvement.)

And anyone who agrees to work for a wage of 50 cents deserves to be arrested, I guess.

Employee of rapper 50 Cent arrested at mansion would have conveyed more meaning in the same number of words.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just seen this one on the BBC Sport page:

Onions will not be rushed - Cook

Quite right, too - just sweat them slowly over a low heat, and they should soften nicely without burning.

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

A letter to my son about death

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Ah! Another lost Enid Blyton tale:

Seven rested for England friendly

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Brown 'will stick to' terror plan

Oh no! Now he'll terrorise us too!

[ETA: Brown? Looks like a crappy plan.]

[ 02. June 2008, 20:40: Message edited by: Wesley J ]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

BBC blamed for attacks on Poles

It's called global warming, stupid!

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

Obama begins running-mate search

Must bring own pedometer.

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Baby emu could have been omelette

Ooooh, the POWER, the POWER!! Mrwahahaha! Bird-icide all over again! Yet, for once, the attempt was aborted...

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Proudly brought to you by the Department of Verb-Noun Confusion:

Five job interview bear traps

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Oy, triple post. Sorry. I just love those headlines. So, here goes:

Dementia burden 'could break NHS'

But they may never know.

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

Chinese South Africans now black

That sunshine is so fierce...

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Murray gets past tricky Santoro turns out to be something to do with tennis; I thought it was about this...

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

Ecuador puts off Colombian ties

Quite right too, those ties are darn ugly.

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Media watchdog OFCOM fines 30 local radion stations £1.1 million pounds over listener

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Mugabe 'preparing to be sworn in'

I'd prefer 'preparing to be sworn at'! [Mad]

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

Kenya urges AU to suspend Mugabe

From a high tree, preferably.

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

[Overused]

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Warning as France takes EU helm

I'm sure the headline writer didn't mean that. Or did they?

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

Virgin rapped on broadband speeds

Mary's been uploading hip-hop songs again..

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Bill passes after rethink on duty

He did not have sex with that woman coz he wants a strong election for Obama.

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

More Enid Blyton:

Five to face Concorde crash trial

... and how they escaped the falling debris

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Grrr. Beat me to it. But that makes you more tasteless than me!

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Italy declares Pompeii emergency

Well, better 2000 years late then never, I guess.

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Still more Enid Blyton:

Five held over teenager's death

Blame it on Timmy.

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nadal to rest after Wimbledon win

whereas everyone else would be off running round the block ?

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Nice one, Mr Kipper. [Big Grin]

Man admits body in cupboard murder

It remains unclear, however, why he murdered someone who was already dead. - The classic case of a skeleton in the cupboard.

[ 08. July 2008, 16:44: Message edited by: Wesley J ]

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

Georgia row spirals as Rice lands

It's a bummer when the arguments start while people are still throwing the confetti...

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Student murders accused in court

practically defies belief (or at least normally acceptable standards of ambiguity for headline-writers...)

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Same as here, Euty:

quote:
A new form of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD) may have been uncovered in a handful of patients in the US.
The patients being gnats, one must deduct. Or in the hand of God. Whatever. Yes: just, whatever. [Ultra confused]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Obama starts tour in Afghanistan

Hope some out there can read. 'b' ain't 's'. [Eek!]

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
McCain's 'whiner' adviser quits

McCain Campaign begins aggressive search for new whiner advisor; meanwhile, McCain will settle for soft muttering.

Darling: Public feel 'squeezed'

won't you stop hugging them so tightly, Sweetcheeks?

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Woman left brain damaged by detox

a) she inherited it?

b) she abandoned it?

c) there's a hyphen missing?

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

Canoe couple's assets are frozen

I'm not surprised, sitting in a canoe all that time...

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

quote:
Originally posted by Eutychus:
Woman left brain damaged by detox

a) she inherited it?

b) she abandoned it?

c) there's a hyphen missing?

Nice to know her right brain is still functioning...

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Primates 'face extinction crisis'

Report on Lambeth?

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Sleep action urged after death

Isn't that a bit late? [Confused]

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Now you see it, now you don't... invisibility cloa...

(not sure if that one was deliberate or not)

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

Running 'can slow ageing process'

If you're fast enough, age might not catch up with you... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  24  25  26 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016