homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Famous BBC RSS Feed Headlines! (Page 11)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  24  25  26 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Famous BBC RSS Feed Headlines!
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
French head to begin Syria visit.

Spanish torso due next week, to be followed by Irish limbs in October.

[ooh, 500th post to mark 3rd anniversary of thread [Yipee] ]

[ 03. September 2008, 14:57: Message edited by: Eutychus ]

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Esmeralda

Ship's token UK Mennonite
# 582

- Posted      Profile for Esmeralda   Email Esmeralda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Palin takes battle to Democrats

That Michael Palin gets everywhere... [Biased]

--------------------
I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand.

http://reversedstandard.wordpress.com/

Posts: 17415 | From: A small island nobody pays any attention to | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Blair denies he is to be ousted

Well, I thought he'd gone long ago? - Oh, it's the Met Blair... [Cool]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Esmeralda

# 582

- Posted      Profile for Esmeralda   Email Esmeralda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rice talks with Libya's Gaddafi

That's good, perhaps these talks will bring down the price of rice.

--------------------

Posts: 17415 | From: A small island nobody pays any attention to | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mansion fire man's mother's shock

Tonguetwister. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 

Medic suspended over celery

No! No! Please - not the Vegetable Patch !!

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Esmeralda

# 582

Stroke patients to test sensors

I don't think stroking patients is allowed, is it?

--------------------

philip99a
Shipmate
# 13799

- Posted      Profile for philip99a   Email philip99a   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm new to this thread. Looks fun. Be gentle with me darling.

Weir storms to second Games gold

Er. I'm lost already. The typhoons have affected the drains. I guess they might. But who's the proposer?

--------------------
We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time T. S. Elliot (Four Quartets)

Posts: 1300 | From: Leicester (UK) | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Tony Blair begins lecturing role

Nothing new there then. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

Aso picked to become new Japan PM

(couldn't resist this one) Ah so!

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

China spacecraft returns to Earth

Excuse double post, but it was never a good idea to make a spaceship out of china...

--------------------

Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tories' apprentice to degree plan

Meanwhile, Labour's journeyman to PhD aspires.

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rich Flanders seeks more autonomy

Doubtless the first thing to do will be to move into a new house, further away from Homer Simpson.

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Petrified

Ship’s ballast
# 10667

- Posted      Profile for Petrified   Email Petrified   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Delayed mummy money will finally be paid out in Italy

Family allowance or maternity pay?

--------------------
At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock.
SoF a "prick against Bigotterie"

Posts: 540 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Virgin to join climate experiment [Eek!]

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

Sick leave 'link to early death'

So people who get sick more, die earlier. D'uh! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Indeed! One might also wonder where the sick leave that link. Do they hide it in a cupboard, with some of the skeletons? And could it be found and made inoffensive? Eerie! [Paranoid]

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

Russian withdrawal 'not complete'

Oh dear. I see on the horizon a little doll inside another little doll...

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Grammars pressed over poor pupils

Who threaten to make their own, less elaborate rules. Pupils tend to. Nothing new there. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Curiosity finds untouched 1960s shop

I always thought shipmate Curiosity lived up to the name, and am thus not surprised.

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not the headline but the short lead para.

A school head teacher has denied 19 charges of sexual touching during a brief appearance at Swansea Crown Court.

A singularly inappropriate place, I would have thought.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Kebabs made as corpse lay nearby

Police intervened just in time before it was cut up and used for kebabs.

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Bottom slap teacher must retrain

He wasn't aiming right. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Not exactly in the spirit of the thing, but too good to miss...

Legal case against God dismissed

--------------------

philip99a
Shipmate
# 13799

- Posted      Profile for philip99a   Email philip99a   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Spanish airline suspends flights

Maybe it's a way to save fuel. But what is there to suspend them from?

[ 17. October 2008, 14:33: Message edited by: philip99a ]

--------------------
We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time T. S. Elliot (Four Quartets)

philip99a
Shipmate
# 13799

Family tied up in house robbery

Surely they've got a bit of spare time on Thursday afternoon?

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
no double meaning, just directly funny. from today's Anchorage Daily News:

Spork assault nets man prison

beware the sporks!

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Boys trail girls from five

I always knew they were unbridled beasts.....

(later editions changed 'trail' to 'lag' - although I'm not sure it makes it any better: reception teachers had better keep the duct tape under lock and key!)

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

Talks over opera at city theatre

"If one hears bad music, it is one's duty to drown it in conversation." ~ Oscar Wilde

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Zeppelin to go back on the road

Airship inventors renounce airworthiness, resort to conservative methods of transport

--------------------

Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

Smith attacked over 42-day speech

Surprising that anyone had the energy after listening that long.

[ 28. October 2008, 19:23: Message edited by: Jahlove ]

--------------------

Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

Zambian candidate claims rigging

Kenyan candidate claims bowsprit

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

On the BBC Radio 4 website, you can currently 'Listen Again' (!) to

Armistice Day Silence

The sound of silence! [Paranoid]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Student places freeze 'anxiety'

I'm glad they can now stop anxiety by freezing it, albeit at the expense of our aspiring youth.

--------------------

Von Bingen
Shipmate
# 13902

- Posted      Profile for Von Bingen   Email Von Bingen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not quite a headline or RSS feed, but on the BBC news rolling banner yesterday we had:

"WW1 veterans laid reefs at Cenotaph"

Ouch!

Posts: 247 | From: London | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Esmeralda

# 582

Songbirds 'sing from hymn sheet'

Everyone else looks at the OHP screen.

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not the BBC, but rather AP -- or more precisely, how a local radio station was able to mangle the AP feed this morning:

"The number of newly laid-off individuals seeking unemployment benefits has jumped to a level not seen since 2001, just after the September 11 terrorist attacks, in October."

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Another classic:

France holds 'Eta military head'

While Spain holds 'Eta pacific arm'.

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

From the Ekklesia think tank bulletin:

Half of all full-time C of E clergy may be women in ten years time

That's an awful lot of sex changes, even over ten years!

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

And furthermore:

Prostitute users face clampdown

Surely this is a rather extreme form of S & M?

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wesley J:
Another classic:

France holds 'Eta military head'

While Spain holds 'Eta pacific arm'.

Would make a film title:
"Bring Me The Head of ETA's Military Wing".

(ISIHAC fans will understand)

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

[Killing me]

--------------------

Ancient Mariner

Sip the ship
# 4

- Posted      Profile for Ancient Mariner   Author's homepage   Email Ancient Mariner   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Esmeralda:
From the Ekklesia think tank bulletin:

Half of all full-time C of E clergy may be women in ten years time

That's an awful lot of sex changes, even over ten years!

[Overused]

--------------------
Ship of Fools' first novel, Rattles & Rosettes, is the tale of two football (soccer) fans: 16-year-old Tom in 1914 and Dan in 2010. More at www.rattlesandrosettes.com

Posts: 2582 | From: St Helens (near Liverpool) UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Esmeralda

# 582

I aim to please...

--------------------

Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

Darling 'cannot avoid tax rises'

so - sorry, Sweetheart, but the ski-ing holiday's off this year.

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

Sea eagles could be reintroduced

Ms Sea Eagle, this is Mr Sea Eagle - I think you've met before...

--------------------

Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

- Posted      Profile for Qoheleth.   Email Qoheleth.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Airline seats slashed by 236,000

Sorry, girls. There's an awful lot of mending to do tonight....

--------------------
The Benedictine Community at Alton Abbey offers a friendly, personal service for the exclusive supply of Rosa Mystica incense.

Posts: 2532 | From: the radiator of life | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Esmeralda

# 582

EU condemned on tuna 'mockery'

It really is unkind to poke fun at tuna.

--------------------

Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

Beatles iTunes deal is stalled

Baby, You Can't Drive My Car

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Supermarkets 'to halve bags used'

Won't your shopping just fall out then?? Not sure this has been thought through properly!

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  24  25  26 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016