homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Famous BBC RSS Feed Headlines! (Page 19)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  24  25  26 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Famous BBC RSS Feed Headlines!
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lorena Bobbitt got there first.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Or, to expand on Euty's curious find, like in 'famous consecutive BBC headlines', currently in "Most Shared":

Bangladesh woman cuts off penis

possibly because...

Poor 'face growing hunger threat'

So let's hope she'll not just shear, but share, too.

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Germany 'to set energy example'

Not, this time, by marching.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tottenham rule out selling stars

"Sorry, there's no Galaxy - would Mars do ya?"

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Comet chaser goes into deep sleep

I know the winters are long in Alaska, but...

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Council unprepared for zombies

[Eek!] Probably no idea how to deal with Daleks either.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sega Pass customer datails hacked

Nice to see a non-working spellchecker on the Beeb news site! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

quote:
Originally posted by Wesley J:
Sega Pass customer datails hacked

Nice to see a non-working spellchecker on the Beeb news site! [Big Grin]

It's been corrected but that's just my kind of error! Start with 'data', try to change to 'detail', but some figner trouble intrvenes.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

JLS fans angry at missing concert

Hey! Where dat concert go?

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Talking Points Memo:

Pepsi Can Bomb Charges
Dropped in Bizarre AR Case

(carriage return in original)

Pepsi is able to blow up ... um ...

[ 19. June 2011, 16:34: Message edited by: mousethief ]

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
[Eek!] Probably no idea how to deal with Daleks either.

Used to be you could just build a staircase. But now... [Help]

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

NATO admits Tripoli target error

They hit the wrong Tripoli?

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Man guilty over fatal sweat lodge

Watch out for the Fatal Sweat of Doom!

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
2012 hopefuls miss out on tickets

Given the hundreds of thousands that applied, that doesn't seem too bad...

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

Fox to outline defence shake-up

'They've put me in charge of the henhouse!'

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Suspicious doctors advised to act

After 'Desperate Housewives' and 'House', it's 'Suspicious Doctors'!

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

Hidden card charges to be banned

Damn! There goes my ace in the hole!

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Disposable incomes fall sharply

Good news, thanks to more recycling.

--------------------

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
NATO admits Tripoli target error

They hit the wrong Tripoli?

From the Intratube:
"New Tripoli is a community or populated place (Class Code U5) located in Lehigh County at latitude 40.681 and longitude -75.752 (New Tripoli Panoramio Photos). The elevation is 581 feet. New Tripoli appears on the New Tripoli U.S. Geological Survey Map. Lehigh County is in the Eastern time zone (GMT -5).

New Tripoli had a population of 0; a land area of 0.93 sq. miles; a water area of 0 sq. miles; and a population density of 0.00 people per sq. mile according to the US Census Bureaue estimate of July 1, 2009."

BTW, it is pronounced Neutra Poli, if you ever want to visit there, lol.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Lots of confusing headlines currently on the Beeb:

Stabbing burglars 'will be legal'

'Sorry, Madam, hand over your telly and your valuables, please. Don't you worry, it's perfectly legal. Now, where would you like to be hurt? Coz I'm a stabbing burglar, and This Is My Knife.'

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
title of a junk email:

Top Ten Must Have Business Phone Features

Numbers 11-100 don't see what the big deal is.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
matthew_dixon
Shipmate
# 12278

- Posted      Profile for matthew_dixon   Author's homepage   Email matthew_dixon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Schools 'being bribed to take phonics'

After Stuart Cable passed away, Kelly Jones would do anything to go back to his old primary school.

Posts: 321 | From: Cardiff | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I hope this is in the spirit of this game, if not exactly the letter of the law. From an online article about a fast-food joint's tall sign:

quote:
“I mean, that is one giant sign when you’re back here,” said Dan Toms, who laughs in disbelief as he takes a gander at the sign that stands six-and-a-half stories tall from his backyard. You can also see the sign from his front yard. (Boldness added)
Am I the only one thinking, "Well, of course he can see it from his front yard if it's in his backyard, and his house isn't 7 stories high"?

Article:
San Carlos In'n'Out Burger

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Corinthians make £35m Tevez bid

Does he speak in tongues well then or something?

--------------------

joan knox

Knoxy is my homeboy
# 16100

- Posted      Profile for joan knox     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ai accepts Berlin lecturer role

With a specially designed course on slothfulness?

--------------------
Jesus saves, Allah protects, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich

Posts: 906 | From: edinburgh | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Animal experiments increase again

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Eh?

--------------------

Caty S.

I read, therefore I am.
# 11996

- Posted      Profile for Caty S.   Email Caty S.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lost landscape found off Scotland

It really should have taken a map and compass with it when it set out.

Posts: 2119 | From: Devon | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
joan knox

Knoxy is my homeboy
# 16100

- Posted      Profile for joan knox     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is smoking in cars dangerous?

Well, it could lead to a serious haddock...
[Big Grin]

--------------------
Jesus saves, Allah protects, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

Proms kick off with Brahms and Liszt.

You know what these trombonists are like [Biased]

(there's also a 'concerto for turntables' later in the season: one for railway enthusiasts perhaps?)

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Police officer shot chasing men

So, who shot whom? [Paranoid]

--------------------

matthew_dixon
Shipmate
# 12278

- Posted      Profile for matthew_dixon   Author's homepage   Email matthew_dixon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dawn probe has date with asteroid

I'm not sure whether Miss Probe quite realised just who she was dating!

Posts: 321 | From: Cardiff | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

Eight people rescued from cliffs

What's that nice Mr Richard up to now? Rescued from his what?

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Met accused of hacking failures

Should have asked the News of The World for advice.

--------------------

churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

quote:
Originally posted by Wesley J:
Met accused of hacking failures

Should have asked the News of The World for advice.

Well, it is nice to see the folks at the bottom of the totem pole are getting some attention.

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

Train delayed by man on carriage

Pesky passengers.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Killed mountain lion 'crossed US'

As Osama bin Laden could testify, it is dangerous to cross the US. They always get even.

[Or perhaps you'd prefer: "Zombie mountain lion?"]

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
joan knox

Knoxy is my homeboy
# 16100

Monkey research 'can be improved'

especially if they stopped hanging about in trees and sat at their desks and worked...

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Vince Cable vows to cut red tape

Let's hope he knows the difference between cable and tape.

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

New violence as May meets police

I know she's a feisty lady but that's a bit extreme.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

And furthermore:

May returns after London violence

Well, there's a good side to everything - after all, that month of July was rubbish.

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

Nigeria to put funds into banks

Fallen for their own scam?

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

joan knox

Knoxy is my homeboy
# 16100

Spermless mosquitoes hold promise

um, no... more a case of 'shoot blanks', surely?

--------------------

Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Teenage pregnancy is 'contagious'

Apparently I wasn't paying attention in sex ed when they taught this.

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
joan knox

Knoxy is my homeboy
# 16100

Shell fights North Sea oil spill

conch, clam, or cowrie?

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

Scottish chief goes for Met job

Would that be Chief Constable MacDonald of MacDonald?

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Salon shooting dead gunman named

[Confused]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Rook salad off gastropub's menu on police advice

BBC RSS feed for a dear Shipmate

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

Sex with Neanderthals 'boosted human immunity'

That explains some incidents in Newport on a Saturday night.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Cameron tells England rioters: 'You will pay'

An innovative solution to the credit crunch?

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  24  25  26 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016