homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Famous BBC RSS Feed Headlines! (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  24  25  26 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Famous BBC RSS Feed Headlines!
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oOOo
Tangent - could someone tell me how to get the BBC RSS feed toolbar on Firefox - I can't work out how to do it!

Ta!

Look here under Advanced Tips. That's how I've been able to do it.

[Context for top of page]

[ 14. October 2005, 15:30: Message edited by: Ann ]

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Beatles named 'icons of century'

No doubt in due course we'll be told which icons the Fab Four nominated, and which century these icons are from.

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(Imagining Ringo, drumstick in hand, done up in a little ebony frame and covered with gold leaf...)

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Violent crime shows 6% increase
you know, I thought there were more COPS and "Street Crime" type TV shows nowadays, and this proves it...

Abbas to meet Bush at White House

so the orignal four, and Bjorn Again - how many more ABBAs are there ?

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Avian flu found in parrot in UK

Might not someone have drawn it? That would be a Dead Parrot Sketch.

(Sorry - just had to do this. [Big Grin] )

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Man jailed for murdering family

was he the fall guy ?

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
BBC News front page now:

Scotland - Free eye tests for all in sight

Education - School meals shake-up bears fruit

Classic puns. And still getting the message across. That's the Beeb - love it. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

welsh dragon

Shipmate
# 3249

- Posted      Profile for welsh dragon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I liked the recent headline on Tiscali news "Guardian journalist believed..."

I was quite tickled at the idea that the Grauniad might be thought so unreliable that it was news if someone believed it.

What they meant, I think, was "Guardian journo believed missing "

Posts: 5352 | From: ebay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

LATEST: Scheme aims to give all primary school pupils in England chance to learn language.

BBC News. - Learn language? That would help, wouldn't it. [Big Grin]

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Cuba accepts US hurricane offer

"Sure, we'll take your hurricanes!"

I saw another GREAT one from work, but now I can't find it. GRRRR

C

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Two men held over riot stabbing

sorry for the double post, found it...

Jones to compose 50 Cent movie

[Killing me]

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Keren-Happuch

Ship's Eyeshadow
# 9818

- Posted      Profile for Keren-Happuch   Author's homepage   Email Keren-Happuch   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"OAP in City collapse drama"
As this was the local paper, I don't think it meant the place had come down around her ears...

Edited to fix code...

[ 28. October 2005, 13:17: Message edited by: Keren-Happuch ]

--------------------
Travesty, treachery, betrayal!
EXCESS - The Art of Treason
Nea Fox

Posts: 2407 | From: A Fine City | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Cancer patients 'can be fathers'

How surprised was Karen when, after her successful treatment for cancer, she discovered she had become a father. Tragedy struck again when her husband, John, threatened to leave unless she told him who was the baby's mother.

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

US holds funeral for rights icon

Press Alt + rights?

Charles and Camilla to meet Bush

Sounds as if they have to. [Biased]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Pope on road to sainthood

It's a long and winding road, but these boots are made for walking.

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

Syria mulls UN interview request

Will they be warming it up and adding spices? - well, it's the time of year for it.

--------------------

Hazey*Jane

Ship's Biscuit Crumbs
# 8754

- Posted      Profile for Hazey*Jane   Email Hazey*Jane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wiseman shaken by increased costs
How much is Myrhh these days?!

Posts: 4266 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

Rice makes surprise trip to Iraq

what, they were expecting noodles?

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Doctors urged to stay open longer

And don't forget, before you leave, can you please close the doctor?

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

And there's more...:

Cash machines 'to charge £250m'

Withdraw £50, get charged £250m.

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Day three as it happened

I knew the BBC had a large network of reporters, but I am surprised to learn they were doing coverage even before God got around to creating humankind.

(This surely has to qualify as one of the most self-defeating headlines ever in terms of clarity?)

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Iran MPs back nuclear snub plans

Will these snubs carry nuclear mnissiles?

Or is a nuclear snub some form of caustic insult reserved for Hell?

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

Putin reassures Japan on pipeline

visions of Vladimir with his legs astride a big oil pipe goign "don't worry, it's fine...."

--------------------

Petrified

Ship’s ballast
# 10667

- Posted      Profile for Petrified   Email Petrified   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Siemens 'wins China train deal'

Perhaps I could get one for my mantelpiece

Posts: 540 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

McConnell asylum plea rejected.

sorry, Jack, you'll just have to stay in Scotland and clear up your own mess....

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

From the "read this a seemingly infinite number of ways before managing to work out what it was actually supposed to mean" department this week:

"Iron Lady" named Liberian leader

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

Fugitives Bill "hard to swallow"

well, it would be if it's one big piece of paper, unless you break it into smaller chunks.

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

"Obesity stops jabs hitting target", scientists found.

Ok, I'm getting it now - but doesn't it sound fairly obvious...? Maybe they should use longer needles? [Snigger]

[ 29. November 2005, 03:20: Message edited by: Wesley J ]

--------------------

Keren-Happuch

Ship's Eyeshadow
# 9818

- Posted      Profile for Keren-Happuch   Author's homepage   Email Keren-Happuch   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
'Iraq memo leak' accused in court

I've worked it out now, but it took me a while...

--------------------
Nea Fox

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

NHS patients tracked by satellite [Confused] [Eek!]

Big brother? Electronic tagging? - "Ah, he's gone to the pub now, though he shouldn't be drinking! And he should stay in bed anyway!"

The follow-up isn't helping either:
quote:
The movement of patients in Coventry and Warwickshire is being tracked to streamline NHS ambulance services.
Aha! - The report then says: "The control room can then see exactly where any given vehicle in their fleet is and arrange patient transfer minute by minute."

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

In more mangling of transitive verbs

Tsunami service recalls Britons

--------------------

corvette
Shipmate
# 9436

- Posted      Profile for corvette     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Perhaps they were being called home and told not to be so foolish as to be in the area when the disaster struck. If only South East Asia could afford such a useful service.
Posts: 494 | From: ecclesia sans frontiers | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

'Speed up' drug assessment

Ok, assessing a 'speed up' drug, are you? To combat slow driving? Oh go ahead, then... [Razz]

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Man Utd linked with French pair

[rant][pedant mode]
I suspected this might be about football, and going to the article, found it was indeed, about two prospective players. But surely it should be the pair linked with Man Utd and not the other way round? I know soccer stars' egos are huge, but quand même..., is this what BBC English has come to?
[/rant][/pedant mode]

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

It now reads:

Football: Man U linked to French pair

When is the headline writer reading the Ship going to fess up?

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Bird ringing reaches record level

Those little pests - first the singing, now the ringing. Stop 'em now, I say! [Razz]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Japan-China tensions dog talks

Woof, woof.

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

more like a "consecutive RSS" thing but there's
Tories plan to keep student fees
obviously instead of passing the money on to the Universities - perhaps to avoid raising taxes.
this inevitably leads (furter down the RSS list) to
Student financial concerns raised

[ 09. January 2006, 14:47: Message edited by: Papa Smurf ]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

First Pope encyclical is on love

This 'encyclical' thing sounds kinda dirty, don't cha think.

--------------------

Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Israel 'has to withdraw further'

Latest attempt at rapprochement with the Holy See?

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Keren-Happuch

Ship's Eyeshadow
# 9818

Government "blocks" Katrina probe
sounds painful...

Protests mar Straw Cyprus visit
[Confused] rearrange these words to form any kind of sentence at all!

--------------------
Nea Fox

the giant cheeseburger
Shipmate
# 10942

- Posted      Profile for the giant cheeseburger     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Whale spew find may net $1m for family
That poor whale in London again. He must have been sick as that story on the spew was from South Australian regional news by the ABC (=Aussie version of BBC)

the ABC offbeat news RSS feed

--------------------
If I give a homeopathy advocate a really huge punch in the face, can the injury be cured by giving them another really small punch in the face?

Posts: 4834 | From: Adelaide, South Australia. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
obble
Shipmate
# 10868

- Posted      Profile for obble   Email obble   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In Pictures: A Load of Rubbish

Nice to see some humility from the beeb for a change!

--------------------
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Posts: 1700 | From: Some other planet | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pope gunman's family begin strike

Benedict's Mafia refuse to work

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
the giant cheeseburger
Shipmate
# 10942

- Posted      Profile for the giant cheeseburger     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Consecutive headlines from the ABC ...

Marijuana show aims for new high in Amsterdam
and
Sex calms nerves before public speaking: study

What do you do if you're getting stressed about speaking at a marijuana show? One of each? [Snigger]

--------------------
If I give a homeopathy advocate a really huge punch in the face, can the injury be cured by giving them another really small punch in the face?

Posts: 4834 | From: Adelaide, South Australia. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Foaming Draught
The Low in Low Church
# 9134

- Posted      Profile for Foaming Draught   Email Foaming Draught   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
more from the ABC (welcome Cheeseburger, go and say hello on the Aussie thread in All Saints):

Michael Jackson shops in Bahrain disguised as woman

Man says 'spell' won him harem

--------------------
Australians all let us ring Joyce
For she is young and free

Posts: 8661 | From: Et in Australia Ego | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Petrified

Ship’s ballast
# 10667

- Posted      Profile for Petrified   Email Petrified   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
New powers over death pondered

It's only taken them 2000 years!

Posts: 540 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

I was just gonna post that too. [Killing me]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Ex-Enron boss upbeat over trial

Whereas some would like to beat him up.

Move to push NHS into community

Seems they haven't been part of the community really. And with those long waiting times, they probably won't get there before Doomsday anyway. - Move! Push!

[ 30. January 2006, 10:51: Message edited by: Wesley J ]

--------------------

Keren-Happuch

Ship's Eyeshadow
# 9818

Man charged over flat murder

But there was no evidence about the 3D one?

--------------------
Nea Fox

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  24  25  26 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016