homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Famous BBC RSS Feed Headlines! (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  24  25  26 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Famous BBC RSS Feed Headlines!
El Greco
Shipmate
# 9313

- Posted      Profile for El Greco   Email El Greco   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Killing me]

This thread is hilarious!

--------------------
Ξέρω εγώ κάτι που μπορούσε, Καίσαρ, να σας σώσει.

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bull charges bullfight spectators

It's only fair. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In the "headline can apparently mean two contradictory things at once" category:

Tamil rebels issue peace warning

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Keren-Happuch

Ship's Eyeshadow
# 9818

- Posted      Profile for Keren-Happuch   Author's homepage   Email Keren-Happuch   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Washington 'needs blackberry'

Not sure whether to put this in for random quote marks of the week or something to do with fruit...

--------------------
Travesty, treachery, betrayal!
EXCESS - The Art of Treason
Nea Fox

Posts: 2407 | From: A Fine City | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
my american ears hear "row" as in, "row, row, row, your boat..."

Zimbabwe row over loincloths

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Passenger growth boots BA
'cos bigger people pay more ?

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Keren-Happuch

Ship's Eyeshadow
# 9818

- Posted      Profile for Keren-Happuch   Author's homepage   Email Keren-Happuch   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Person Found Dead After Car Linked to Murder Explodes in Gloucestershire

What, the car was found dead first, then the person, and after all that, he exploded? With thanks to Mr Happuch for spotting it! [Smile]

--------------------
Nea Fox

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Muslims in new cartoon protests

[pictures a new comic strip and a story filled with protesting Muslims (hopefully not drawn by a Dane) [Roll Eyes] ]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Moi 'knew about' Kenya gold scam

Moi? - Surely not! I swear!

--------------------

the giant cheeseburger
Shipmate
# 10942

- Posted      Profile for the giant cheeseburger     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Here we go with a big triple from the ABC "News in Science" feed:

Animal lovers wish partners were like pets

I hope Steve Irwin hasn't had anything to do with this, because it makes this next headline rather scary:

Sex before public speaking calms nerves

But it seems that it doesn't work quite that way in Norway:

Norwegian doctor admits faking it

The URL of the feed: http://abc.net.au/science/news/xml/abc_news_in_science.xml

--------------------
If I give a homeopathy advocate a really huge punch in the face, can the injury be cured by giving them another really small punch in the face?

Posts: 4834 | From: Adelaide, South Australia. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
the giant cheeseburger
Shipmate
# 10942

- Posted      Profile for the giant cheeseburger     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In the "I Wish" category is this little gem:

At last! A bathroom that cleans itself.

[Overused] [Overused] [Overused] [Overused] [Overused]

--------------------
If I give a homeopathy advocate a really huge punch in the face, can the injury be cured by giving them another really small punch in the face?

Posts: 4834 | From: Adelaide, South Australia. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Keren-Happuch

Ship's Eyeshadow
# 9818

Teenager hit by radiation blunder

Who was waving it about so carelessly?

--------------------
Nea Fox

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Coastguards hunt for hoax 'idiot'

so they're looking for someone who pretends to be stupid ?

--------------------

Keren-Happuch

Ship's Eyeshadow
# 9818

Spears admits baby driving error

She doesn't know how to drive a baby?
She admits the baby was driving badly?

[Confused] [Confused]

--------------------
Nea Fox

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

Lib Dems Celebrate Bombshell Win

"Yay ! - We've won a bombshell, shame it's empty"

Volkswagen to cut 20,000 workers

too many sharp edges - sounds like a Health & Saftey issue.

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not a headline, but I couldn't resist this from the story about Ken Fossett's Virgin GlobalFlyer record, currently here (but for how long...?)

quote:
Record distance

He landed shortly after 1700 GMT after 76 days and 45 minutes in the cockpit.

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Outgoing MPs boost Abbas' power

quote:
I’m really glad you came, you know the rules, you know the game
Master of the scene
We’ve done it all before and now we’re back to get some more
You know what I mean

Voulez-vous (ah-ha)

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Another not-a-headline-but-too-good/awful-to-miss here

quote:
According to police, the men in the minibus were of varying nationalities.
"hmm, today I think I'll be Swedish. How about you, Fred?"

Whatever happened to BBC English?

[ 14. February 2006, 16:33: Message edited by: Eutychus ]

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fresh Pakistan cartoon protests

I hate those fresh pakistani cartoons..... and who are they to protest?

--------------------

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Choirboy
Shipmate
# 9659

- Posted      Profile for Choirboy   Email Choirboy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My favorite was from the Grand Forks (ND) Herald:

Inventor of Lutefisk T.V. Dinner Indicted

It's a fair cop, and about time too!

[ETA - Sorry; just noticed the title of the thread. Well, at least I hope you find this one funny.]

[ 17. February 2006, 03:26: Message edited by: Choirboy ]

Posts: 2994 | From: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

In the strange mental image category:

Kenyans demand more graft scalps

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Patients hit by oxygen shortage

Just hold your breath, Mrs Jones, the supply will last a bit longer then, all right?

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

Malicious Worm aims to Bite Apple

[brick wall] [Roll Eyes] [Disappointed]

--------------------

Keren-Happuch

Ship's Eyeshadow
# 9818

Five in court over kidnapped boy
One of Enid Blyton's lesser known works.

Bully victim's suffering payout
Payouts are suffering too now!

--------------------
Nea Fox

Pisquee
Apprentice
# 9520

- Posted      Profile for Pisquee   Author's homepage   Email Pisquee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Man in court over shooting of PC

People get frustrated when their computer crashed, but i didn't know punishing it was a crime.
Posts: 49 | From: mv Arcadia | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

quote:
Originally posted by Keren-Happuch:
Five in court over kidnapped boy
One of Enid Blyton's lesser known works.

[Killing me]

I am now on the lookout for a corresponding "Seven" title...

[ 21. February 2006, 20:06: Message edited by: Eutychus ]

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

Malnutrition test 'must be norm'

Wow, compared to Norm , quite a lot of people might look underweight.

--------------------

The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Police criticised over BBQ Murder

Was it burnt to death, by any chance?

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

A letter to my son about death

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hosepipe bans call in South East

I didn't realise Hosepipe, whoever he is, had so much authority. I wonder what "call" is - some type of drug?

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

Police quiz two over £50m raid

2 over £50m, so that's what, £0.00000004 ?
hardly seems worth it.

--------------------

The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

Men found guilty of killing women

Wow! That's a pretty wide-ranging judgement!

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Kangaroos cut down sloppy Swans
Marsupials with aquatic weed mowers?

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Philippines marine head removed

Pop!! [Eek!]

--------------------

The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

Knife killer is jailed for life

Do I need to comment?

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

US 'settles 9/11 detainee's suit'

Ok, a bit of dry-cleaning and we're there!

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

This one'd belong in Hell, actually:

Ill health legacy of atomic bomb

Riiiiiiiiight. [Help] [Disappointed]

--------------------

the giant cheeseburger
Shipmate
# 10942

Colombian man gets house arrest for ride-by spanking

You'd hope he got one pretty darn good spank for it to be worth four years of house arrest!

--------------------

Keren-Happuch

Ship's Eyeshadow
# 9818

This is in the "I understand all these words separately but put them together and [Confused] [Help] [Confused] " category:

Judge "bias" retrial clears man

--------------------
Nea Fox

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Kenya admits raids on paper

Yes miss, it was a major African nation darting into the stationery cupboard all along.

[ETA Keren-Happuch, I think that one definitely wins an award in its category!]

[ 02. March 2006, 16:52: Message edited by: Eutychus ]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Vodafone could sell Japanese arm

And they've got a leg as well...!! [Eek!]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Bush praises Pakistan terror role

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Keren-Happuch

Ship's Eyeshadow
# 9818

Doctors' job site security fears

[Confused]

--------------------
Nea Fox

The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

Blair defends support for Rover

"Look, I said he was a good dog, and I stand by that..."

--------------------

Petrified

Ship’s ballast
# 10667

- Posted      Profile for Petrified   Email Petrified   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
MSPs face further beam disruption

Looks like Marvin's been at it again

--------------------
At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock.
SoF a "prick against Bigotterie"

Posts: 540 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

this one is not BBC, from local paper. but I thought you all would enjoy...

Judge studies sharp objects

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Gruesome jail death inquiry call

Errr... what?

--------------------

o00o
Shipmate
# 3147

- Posted      Profile for o00o   Email o00o   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
got one!

'Memory Robber' Alzheimer's sign

Someone has stolen a sign for a outpatient clinic by brain power alone??????????

--------------------
11 o'clock - time for a Little Something

Posts: 168 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Goldfish
Apprentice
# 5527

- Posted      Profile for The Goldfish   Email The Goldfish   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Police Trailed car in fat
Posts: 15 | From: Cov, UK | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dead woman ignored warning.

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Consecutive, but not bad:

Tunnel collapse on Moscow metro

Milosevic buried in his home town

I had no idea the network was so extensive.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  24  25  26 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016