homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Famous BBC RSS Feed Headlines! (Page 6)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  24  25  26 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Famous BBC RSS Feed Headlines!
The Goldfish
Apprentice
# 5527

- Posted      Profile for The Goldfish   Email The Goldfish   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Patients become NHS bug

I know that the NHS has problems, but I didn't realise the patients were that much of an issue for them

Posts: 15 | From: Cov, UK | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Polish TV says installation of Archbishop Wielgus may not go ahead

Now, I read this wondering: is this about Polish workers in the UK who refuse to install TV sets in people's homes? Possibly not wanting Britons to watch 'Big Brother'? Or they haven't got the right cables? [Confused]

Well, seems this Archbishop needs secret wiring anyway.

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Belarus 'restarts oil shipments'

Belisarius? Shipmeets? As close as it gets. [Paranoid]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

- Posted      Profile for Qoheleth.   Email Qoheleth.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Documents reveal BBC Dyke drama

Whoooooar!!!!! Lesbian Soap Opera Shocker!!!!!

--------------------
The Benedictine Community at Alton Abbey offers a friendly, personal service for the exclusive supply of Rosa Mystica incense.

Posts: 2532 | From: the radiator of life | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pig farmer says charges "Hogwash"

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

quote:
A two-day strike by thousands of British Airways cabin crew is to go ahead, it has been announced.

Talks aimed at averting the walk-out [sic!] on 30 and 31 January broke down without agreement on Wednesday night.

Was on BBC Radio 4 News as well. Well, good luck with that! [Roll Eyes] [Killing me]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Spotted during Radio 4 News, earlier today:

quote:
The Queen is going to battle James Bond in London today.
Which, as I found out to my dismay, simply refers to the Bafta film awards - though for a moment I had some images of a new, completely sensational scenario there! [Big Grin] [Killing me]

--------------------

Lowly Worm

Ship's Annelid
# 11663

- Posted      Profile for Lowly Worm     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
From the Vancouver Province newspaper:

quote:
Slain Woman Unhappy
Yeah, I bet she is unhappy. I'd be pissed off too, if I were murdered.

--------------------
"Be here now, be somewhere else later. Is that so difficult?" - David Bader

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Chimpanzees 'hunt using spears'

New role for shorn pop singer.

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Letter bombs accused in court

don't blame the letters, blame the person that sent them !

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
PeaceRose
Shipmate
# 11586

- Posted      Profile for PeaceRose   Email PeaceRose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tory probe could save MP

I don't want to know. [Eek!]

--------------------
Kindness is underrated.

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

N Korea 'invites UN nuclear head'

To put on top of new intercontinental missile?

--------------------

Izzybee
Shipmate
# 10931

- Posted      Profile for Izzybee   Author's homepage   Email Izzybee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I just saw Church confirms she is pregnant. That's got to be a title that would keep our purgatory board busy forever!

--------------------
Hate filled bitch musings...

Posts: 1336 | From: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

- Posted      Profile for Imaginary Friend   Email Imaginary Friend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Illegal migrants 'allowed to go'"

But only because they had been sitting very nicely with their hands up!

--------------------
"We had a good team on paper. Unfortunately, the game was played on grass."
Brian Clough

Posts: 9455 | From: Left a bit... Right a bit... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Soror Magna
Shipmate
# 9881

- Posted      Profile for Soror Magna   Email Soror Magna   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
From today's Globe & Mail:
quote:
Blind skier leads Canada
OliviaG

--------------------
"You come with me to room 1013 over at the hospital, I'll show you America. Terminal, crazy and mean." -- Tony Kushner, "Angels in America"

Posts: 5430 | From: Caprica City | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

BBC News headline now:

LATEST: Lord Conrad Black accused of stealing $60m on first day of his US trial for fraud.

Good gracious me, will he never stop? What ever is he gonna nick on the second day?? - I daren't think! [Eek!]

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Berlin rallies behind baby bear

I didn't realise she was in trouble !

--------------------

Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

- Posted      Profile for Qoheleth.   Email Qoheleth.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
... and the sequel:

Baby bear becomes media star

Q.

--------------------
The Benedictine Community at Alton Abbey offers a friendly, personal service for the exclusive supply of Rosa Mystica incense.

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Elvis Elvis lookalike 'bit woman's arm'

quote:
An Elvis lookalike got drunk and attacked four people at a convention for Presley fans, a court has heard.
From 'Bite me tender, bite me please' straight to 'Jailhouse Rock'!

--------------------

babybear
Bear faced and cheeky with it
# 34

- Posted      Profile for babybear   Email babybear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Qoheleth.:
... and the sequel:

Baby bear becomes media star

Q.

I saw that one too, and it took me a moment to realise it wasn't about me, but a little polar bear. [Big Grin]
Posts: 13287 | From: Cottage of the 3 Bears (and The Gremlin) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Wimpey and Woodrow 'eye merger'

Had to check what this mysterious union was about... [Disappointed]

--------------------

Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

Not actually a headline but from the BBC website:

quote:

WHO agrees HIV circumcision plan

<snip...>
Kevin De Cock, director of HIV/AIDS at the World Health Organization said: .....

[Big Grin]

Is that ok on this thread?
Q.

--------------------

Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

quote:
Originally posted by Qoheleth.:
WHO agrees HIV circumcision plan

<snip...>

Whoops
[Hot and Hormonal]

Q.
with apologies for DP

[ 28. March 2007, 18:13: Message edited by: Qoheleth. ]

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What is it about HIV and headlines?

Breastfeeding alone cuts HIV risk

Well, that's the end of all those mass breastfeeding rallies I guess [Eek!]

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Egyptian born every 23 seconds

What an exhausting business that must be for everyone involved. Nicodemus eat your heart out.

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

In the "your grammar needs examining" category:

Broadband challenge faces Britain

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Munch art thieves jailed in Oslo

Just for the fun/pun of it: Food art - they must have been very hungry. You'd expect them to nick from a supermarket. [Paranoid]

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

Detective Agency 'paid to spy'
well, duh !

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Text reveals more ancient secrets

SMS historians

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Turkey party calls for early poll

Poll-try in motion! The early poll catches the worm!

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Football legends remember Ball

[ 03. May 2007, 21:22: Message edited by: Eutychus ]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Blood workers protest over cuts [Eek!]

Chicken, all of ye!

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Mars starts using animal products

The magic transformation of a planet, I thought. Alas, it's the choccie bar. They're using leather wrappers now. [Biased]

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

Tight Security in Pakistan city

excuse me, madam, where are you going with those black 20 denier ?

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Genes shed light on fish fingers

Enlighten us and tell us why we love 'em!

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

From BBC News:

Birth surge 'stretches midwives'

Midwives getting taller!

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

>>> Come on, you pun busters! There's lots out there! <<<

My latest discovery, again from Auntie Beeb:

Nine held in dangerous dog raids

Fifteen more arrested in quite harmless raids.

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

Lebanon's army win camp battle

Coo-ee ! our uniforms are much more co-ordinated than yours, ducky !

[ 21. June 2007, 21:05: Message edited by: Wet Kipper ]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Bush faces eavesdropping subpoena

Good grief! Does that hurt? Somebody get a doctor, quick!

--------------------

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Florida man's headache mystery solved by a bullet (from Reuters oddly enough news)

So someone shot him and then he didn't have a headache?

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Timothy the Obscure

Mostly Friendly
# 292

- Posted      Profile for Timothy the Obscure   Email Timothy the Obscure   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
From the New York Times last week:

DNA Testing Makes Dogs Into Guinea Pigs

Which would tend to confuse the test results, I'd think...

--------------------
When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion.
  - C. P. Snow

Posts: 6114 | From: PDX | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Pope aims to normalise China ties

All Cardinals and Bishops must wear them.

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

N Korea considers early shutdown

Would the last person to leave the country please turn out the (few) lights?

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Baby doctor cleared of misconduct

Who responded by sucking his thumb, having agreed to no longer perform surgery until he'd grown up.

--------------------

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wesley J:
From BBC News:

Birth surge 'stretches midwives'

Midwives getting taller!

I just saw this post.

Birth stretches a lot of other things, too.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Esmeralda

Ship's token UK Mennonite
# 582

- Posted      Profile for Esmeralda   Email Esmeralda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
On headline posters for the Evening Standard yesterday:

BROWN GETS TOUGH ON CANNABIS

Funny, everyone else just seems to get mellow on it... But I knew he was on something!

--------------------
I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand.

http://reversedstandard.wordpress.com/

Posts: 17415 | From: A small island nobody pays any attention to | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

[Big Grin] Esmeralda

190,000 weapons 'missing in Iraq'

I'd have thought they've got more than enough already. Can't they share? - Oh, wait... [Disappointed]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

T. rex 'would outrun footballer'

Woo-hoo!! - BRING BACK THE DINOSAURS!! [Snigger]

--------------------

Chapelhead

I am
# 21

- Posted      Profile for Chapelhead     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Detective work recovers a lost constable

Apparently the police are now having to go looking for their own colleagues.

--------------------
At times like this I find myself thinking, what would the Amish do?

Posts: 9123 | From: Near where I was before. | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Very good, CH!

And now for some stunning headline news:

Home Depot sells unit at discount

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  24  25  26 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016