homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Famous BBC RSS Feed Headlines! (Page 8)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  24  25  26 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Famous BBC RSS Feed Headlines!
Esmeralda

Ship's token UK Mennonite
# 582

- Posted      Profile for Esmeralda   Email Esmeralda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bolivia head set for vote gamble

Now let me get this straight: in Bolivia you have to wear a head set to place bets on the outcome of elections? Or perhaps to vote people off Big Brother?

[ 06. December 2007, 14:37: Message edited by: Esmeralda ]

--------------------
I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand.

http://reversedstandard.wordpress.com/

Posts: 17415 | From: A small island nobody pays any attention to | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
BBC Scotland: Warning over 'falling population'

Aye, Angus, I told ya to put that grrrit on those rrroads now!

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Canoe wife charged with deception

Yes, pretending you are not married to a canoe is a serious business.

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Search under way for two canoeists missing on a loch in Argyll and Bute.

Oooch, Angus, don't ye worrry, they'll be overrr therrre, in Panama.

[Apologies. Praying they might be found safe and sound. [Votive] ]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

quote:
Originally posted by Wesley J:
Search under way for two canoeists missing on a loch in Argyll and Bute. [...]

[Apologies. Praying they might be found safe and sound. [Votive] ]

[Note: Aha, they've been found. They went camping (!) on an island (!!) in winter (!!!) without telling anyone (!!!!)... [Paranoid] ]

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

- Posted      Profile for Esmeralda   Email Esmeralda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not an RSS feed, but the headline on the hoarding outside our local newsagent yesterday was:

Canoe husband starts to remember

Ah yes, the Metropolitan Police have ways of helping you remember.... [Killing me]

--------------------

Posts: 17415 | From: A small island nobody pays any attention to | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Hips extended to all properties (BBC)

Government now granting hip extensions for everyone? Gotta stack them extra pounds somewhere, eh.

--------------------

Swish
Shipmate
# 8566

- Posted      Profile for Swish   Email Swish   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Darwins Spend Christmas in Jail

Looks like those Creationists have finally won a victory.

--------------------
Sorry Ted. I was concentrating too hard on looking holy.

Posts: 114 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Esmeralda

# 582

Take That shut door on Williams

That's a very rude way to treat the Archbishop...

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Vatican hails Blair Church switch

I just knew they'd switch him on or off as they like it! [Paranoid]

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

Russia jails troops over Chechnya

Flying prisons - it's the new solution to overcrowding!

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dolly the sheep pioneer knighted

Now they are giving out honours to dumb beasts.

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Pregnancy targets 'to be missed'

quote:
[M]inisters have said rates are at their lowest for 20 years and efforts are being "redoubled" to hit targets.
Come on, kids, do it again! More effort! Keep it up! [Roll Eyes]

quote:
Ministers are to step up efforts to reduce teenage pregnancy rates after a report found the government was set to miss a target to halve them by 2010.
Reduce. Reduce! Ooooooooops! [Ultra confused] [Help]

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

Japan PM pushes China links

'Ere y'ar ladies, lovely porcelain cufflinks for your husband's birthday, guaranteed made in Japan...'

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Four girls hurt in fire improving

That fire was just not good enough.

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

Iran 'could restore ties with US'

Aaah, isn't that nice, international cooperation in the refurbishing of antique neckwear...

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

1977: Sex Pistols fired by EMI

[Help]

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Clinton struggles to hold Obama

[Paranoid]

--------------------

Hazey*Jane

Ship's Biscuit Crumbs
# 8754

- Posted      Profile for Hazey*Jane   Email Hazey*Jane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Curious juxtaposition on the BBC news front page:
ENTERTAINMENT
Gates joins Dancing on Ice stars

TECHNOLOGY
Gates hails age of digital senses

Posts: 4266 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Bird flu discovered in mute swans

Poor things. Can't even say where it hurts. It's a cruel world.

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

Removed patient in care struggle

Hospitals function so much better when you remove the patients (cf Yes, Minister empty hospital episode).

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Australians arrive in NZ by kayak

Desperate to leave, by whatever means, as beer supplies had dwindled.

quote:
[...] they landed at New Plymouth in the west of New Zealand, greeted by a fleet of Maori canoes and a beer each.

"NZ, thank you, thank you, you guys rock," said Jones, acknowledging the 2,000-strong crowd which gathered at Ngamotu Bech to welcome the pair.

"This is bloody strange, but I am liking this feeling," he added, as he downed the beer.

[Paranoid]

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

Water-boarding 'would be torture'

Another recruit to the 'I hate surfing' alliance.

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Arms move as Bush visits Saudis

Who knows whether we'll see some leg action next, or whether his brain will start working?

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Second Alabama child found

officials begin to suspect Alabamans procreate more often than originally thought.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Scientists in hybrid embryos plea
we're happy to help them out, but what are they doing in there in the first place?

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Timber ship sinks in rough seas

Go on, you thought wood floated too.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Esmeralda

# 582

Atonement tops Bafta nominations

Other theological concepts pushed down to second and third places..

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Mourners pay respects to Hillary

And I thought she was making a comeback?

(surely wins an award in the 'maximum confusion' category?)

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Cabinet begins work as Hain goes

He'd been dawdling around cracking jokes and setting up card games for some time.

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

Gazans make new border wall hole

Unfortunately it will only dispense 250 shekels a day.

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

It's about time we had another one of those "Enid Blyton "lost manuscript" stories...

Five found guilty of £53m robbery

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

Deep stimulation 'boosts memory'

Ah, now I remember who you are, you're my husband!

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

[Killing me] [Cool]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

New cable cut compounds net woes

Riiiiiiiight... [Confused]

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Poland "agrees" to host US shield

While the meaning is fairly clear here, I couldn't help finding those quote marks sinister. Sounds like they "agreed" after a lengthy torture session or something (which may be too near to the actual truth...?)

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Who'd have thunk:

Storm-hit China calls for 'faith'

quote:
Chinese Prime Minister Wen Jiabao has urged people to "have faith" that some of the worst snow storms in 50 years can be overcome, state media says.
Send in the missionaries? [Paranoid]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Here's the link to above, as it sounds somewhat out of character...

--------------------

Caty S.

I read, therefore I am.
# 11996

- Posted      Profile for Caty S.   Email Caty S.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tories ponder baby nurses for all. Although they may still decide that full-sized, grown up nurses would do the job better...
Posts: 2119 | From: Devon | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Esmeralda

# 582

US warning set to hit Pfizer drug

Wording of warning (on Viagra packet): Your investment may go down as well as up...

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Famous consecutive headlines on BBC News Most Emailed now:

• Catholic nuns and monks decline
  • High heels 'may improve sex life'

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

Turkish MPs voting on headscarves

They must have run out of ballot papers.

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

US President George W Bush arrives in tornado-hit Tennessee

What have they done to deserve this? [Disappointed]

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

Acupuncture 'boosts IVF chances'

Or, how a little prick can get you pregnant...

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Microsoft agrees Danger purchase

Bill Gates' final coming out - Windows is DANGEROUS! (Hey, we always knew!) [Help]

--------------------

Caty S.

I read, therefore I am.
# 11996

- Posted      Profile for Caty S.   Email Caty S.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Future of baths to be considered

I know showers use less water, but won't somebody please think of the runner ducks?!

Caty S.

I read, therefore I am.
# 11996

quote:
Originally posted by caty the southerner:
Future of baths to be considered

I know showers use less water, but won't somebody please think of the runner ducks?!

*cough*

rubber ducks

[Disappointed]

Esmeralda

# 582

'Cross-dressers' in Nigeria court

I was always suspicious about those wigs judges wear...

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Canada sends ex-SS guard to Italy

Anything to stop former PM Berlusconi's comeback!

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

Rice in Nairobi to push for deal

It wants equal rights with potatoes and pasta.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  24  25  26 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016