homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Famous BBC RSS Feed Headlines! (Page 9)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  24  25  26 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Famous BBC RSS Feed Headlines!
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Some exams 'harder than others'

Rain wetter than sunshine. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Consecutive:

US manufacturing activity shrinks

Stomach expansion 'may be blockable'

I'm sure there's a connection there somewhere...

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Esmeralda

Ship's token UK Mennonite
# 582

- Posted      Profile for Esmeralda   Email Esmeralda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bjork makes 'free Tibet' gesture

At least that's what she said it meant.

--------------------
I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand.

http://reversedstandard.wordpress.com/

Posts: 17415 | From: A small island nobody pays any attention to | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Germany faces widespread strikes

Go, RAF! Attack 'em when they least expect! Just don't mention the war. [Paranoid]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Road sealed off as woman injured

They should have done that before! [Paranoid]

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

- Posted      Profile for Esmeralda   Email Esmeralda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Spears hospital 'to punish staff'

I say, I know hospitals can be inefficient, but spearing one is really rather over the top...

--------------------

Posts: 17415 | From: A small island nobody pays any attention to | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Troops 'did not shoot Tibetans'

Tibetans shot themselves. [Disappointed]

--------------------

Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
EU farmers to produce more milk

How do you milk a farmer? [Ultra confused]

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Leakey backing for elephant cull
it would have gone smoothly but for the constant dripping noise.

China premier attacks Dalai Lama
Wen Jibao startles HH the DL with a left uppercut, but the Lama recovers quickly and returns with a surprise tika to the head followed up by a Guyan Mudra to his Ajna Chakra. WHAAAAAAH!

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Naked Liberians to be sent home

This wouldn't be funny, escept for the fact that I read it as "Naked Librarians to be sent home".

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

Can you tell I have just set up a BBC RSS feed?

The latest offering...

Officer unlawfully killed family

You mean there is a lawful form of killing?

Auntie Doris x

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Doris:
Can you tell I have just set up a BBC RSS feed?

The latest offering...

Officer unlawfully killed family

You mean there is a lawful form of killing?

Auntie Doris x

Yes, most people think so (I don't agree). Apparently they call it war.

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

Cricket: Hair restored as umpire

As umpire does what? Prays for divine healing of his baldness?

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Humph - I just came in here to post that one! It adds to my suspicion that somebody at the BBC is reading this thread...

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Bluebirds saved from loan crisis

Sub-bird loan crisis.

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

And continuing with the Enid Blyton Memorial Awards:

Seven charged in 'E-bay art scam'

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

Football: England recall Beckham

Beckham, Beckham, let me see... Oh yes I think I remember him...

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Nice one, Esmeralda! [Killing me]

Taiwan victor promises China ties

Good they no longer wear Mao shirts, but proper ones then.

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

Football: Lampard and Rooney fit

As in 'well fit' or as in 'John Fitzpatrick and Patrick Fitzjohn'?

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Boycott Clouds Syrian Arab Summit

Makes a change from dissing every other cricketer on God's Green Earth.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Esmeralda

# 582

Italy recalls tainted mozzarella

That was a meal I shall never forget.

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

US TV and film actors sever ties

Next week they're cutting up dog collars...

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Tests after head found on beach

and

Kashmir police refuse body demand

Well, I'd say just put two and two together then.

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

Semis within grasp says Ferguson

A detached will cost you rather more.

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

Astronomers 'must make own case'

So hard to get a ready made telescope case these days.

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rise in women doctors 'worrying'

so is it worrying that there are more and more women doctors? or are women doctors becoming more and more of a bunch of fussbudgets as time goes by? or are doctor's afraid of an uprising of women?

--------------------

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

quote:
Originally posted by Esmeralda:
Astronomers 'must make own case'

So hard to get a ready made telescope case these days.

I came in here to post that one, under the heading "advice for Galileo"...

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Vanilla Ice released after arrest

I wonder if it needs throwing away now? You don't know if cops have freezers.

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

Kenya unveils coalition cabinet

'I declare this lovely piece of furniture open...'

--------------------

Swish
Shipmate
# 8566

- Posted      Profile for Swish   Email Swish   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Japan Fleet misses Whaling Target.

Which suggests a pretty bad aim for anyone, really.

Immelman hails roller-coaster win

And the birth of the brand new sport of golfing on roller-coasters, presumably.

--------------------
Sorry Ted. I was concentrating too hard on looking holy.

Posts: 114 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Brown says economy is sole focus

Cod help us then!

[ETA: With thanks to Jahlove. [Biased] ]

[ 14. April 2008, 19:06: Message edited by: Wesley J ]

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

Aussie police left stranded as handcuffed suspect steals their car

No funny ambiguities or anything, I just think it's a hilarious headline!

--------------------

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A regular BBC news item, rather than a feed headline, but it seems to fit best here:

Amazon's massive warehouse opens.....in Swansea Bay..... It is an absolutely text-book example of how to do regional economic development.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Smith pledges more terror police

Police terrorising entire counties now! [Eek!] Who you gonna call? Smithbusters?

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

Citigroup sees second giant loss

It really is quite an achievement to lose a giant, let alone two.

--------------------

PrettyFly

Ship's sunbather
# 13157

- Posted      Profile for PrettyFly   Author's homepage   Email PrettyFly   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
To lose one giant may be regarded as a misfortune... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Screw today. I'm going for ice cream.

Posts: 1797 | From: Where the sun keeps shining and where the weather suits my clothes | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

More pay for wider-ranging heads

[Paranoid]

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

Rice in Iraq for surprise visit

Normally, they only eat pitta bread.

--------------------

rosamundi

Ship's lacemaker
# 2495

- Posted      Profile for rosamundi   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Darling: I can't rewrite budget.

I originally read that as Darling, I can't rewrite budget.

--------------------
Website.
Ship of Fools flickr group

Posts: 2382 | From: here or there | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Nepal warning to torch protesters

Well, torching them seems a bit hard, don't ya think? [Disappointed]

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wesley J:
Nepal warning to torch protesters

Well, torching them seems a bit hard, don't ya think? [Disappointed]

What's wrong with torches anyway? Oh yeah, all those batteries are Bad for the Planet.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Caty S.

I read, therefore I am.
# 11996

- Posted      Profile for Caty S.   Email Caty S.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Plotter wanted passport for son

Seems a strange thing to adopt, but I daresay the food bills are lower than with a human son.

Posts: 2119 | From: Devon | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Esmeralda

# 582

Israeli jailed for Facebook photo

I know some people's pictures are bad, but this seems a bit extreme.

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

Austrian detectives study cellar

There's a delightful 1983 Gumpoldskirchner here, but I wouldn't touch the Gewürztraminer if I were you, it's got anti-freeze in it.

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

High-calorie diet linked to boys

that's right. some jerkface dumps you on your butt, breaks your heart, and what do you do?

drown your sorrows in a pint of Ben and Jerry's.

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

Media 'keeping actors in closet'

Now that's just cruel. I keep mine in a large enclosure with plenty of room to roam.

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Cuba lifts ban on home computers

No home computers in lifts please. Take the socialist stairs!

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

Spears given more access to sons

Well, it's better than sons being given more access to spears...

--------------------

Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ireland appoint Kidney as coach

Later, we ask the colon for its views...
(actually, a Rugby coach named after a body part seems quite apt!)

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Adults with autism to be audited

announces apt alliterator

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  24  25  26 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016