homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » The Metagame for The Kavetseki Incident (Page 12)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  36  37  38 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The Metagame for The Kavetseki Incident
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Give us a roll at OK difficulty Net Spinster.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is Er using his magic item, or going for a skill use ?

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Was trying to find out if could make one of the prophecies happen - but when I checked the dice and cards they were +2 for use so I thought I had to throw to use them

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Yes you would for those, but Jack Gallows shell game would work without. Which would leave you a roll for something else if you wanted.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The prophecy had dice and was trying to get that to happen before the caravan arrived in Cimenster

--------------------

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

(Why ?)

Go ahead and roll, sleight at ridiculously easy ....

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

13 +2 = 15 assuming I get the +2 too
(Er would like some more money before Cimenster if that's an option)

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

New GM Day

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

I will do a an outcome post in the morning.

--------------------

Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

- Posted      Profile for Adam.   Author's homepage   Email Adam.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Autenrieth Road:
Hart, I forgot to bold Master Elf where Frithwynne has gone over to talk to Dorainen. Highlighting it here in case it's not apparent on Story.

Sorry, not ignoring you, AR. I can go do a story post now.

I spent most of today at the clinic, and then at various medical testing places and pharmacies picking up scripts. I'm not dying, but I have finally accepted my NP-C's offer of a bed while I go through the treatment, and they figure out exactly what I've got going on. I don't know if I'll have wifi there (hope so!), but I should be able to check in on my phone. At least w*rk won't be getting the way of me posting!

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Posts: 8164 | From: Notre Dame, IN | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No, no, I didn't think you were ignoring me. I just didn't know how much players are depending on the bolding. Hope you get the care and rest you need.

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Net Spinster
Shipmate
# 16058

- Posted      Profile for Net Spinster   Email Net Spinster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink:

--------------------
spinner of webs

Posts: 1093 | From: San Francisco Bay area | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

quote:
Originally posted by Net Spinster:
quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink:

That's a fail, pls do an outcome post.

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

quote:
Originally posted by Curiosity killed ...:
13 +2 = 15 assuming I get the +2 too
(Er would like some more money before Cimenster if that's an option)

You make a total of 10 silver pieces, though the other dwarves are not so sure they want to play you now.

Pls outcome post.

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Following outcome posts: 48hrs break

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

OK outcome posted - was I not supposed to play dice with the dwarves?

<tangent>I've got a seriously mad week - guy I took to Hell a few times for being an incompetent prat walked out on Friday and I'm covering as much as I can around my own student because the kid doesn't deserve this, so 48 hours break is welcome.

Hart - does this mean you're not in Kenilworth on Sunday?</tangent>

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Sorry Hart ~ Knebworth not Kenilworth.

--------------------

Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

- Posted      Profile for Adam.   Author's homepage   Email Adam.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, that's a good point, I should update the all saints thread now I've had to cancel my England trip.

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry to hear you are so unwell, Hart, and for others under duress: prayers ascending. BL.

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

I am inclined to wait till Hart is feeling well enough to participate before continuing, so may be not restarting till the 7th.

--------------------

Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

I'm still in the infirmary, but I'm not super "sickly." I'm out of isolation now, so I can go downstairs and use the internet on the computers. I should be fine to post at least daily.

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Full disclosure: am a little distracted by this weekends world cup matches, and the tour de France - which is going through my city ...

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

It's going through here on Monday as well, which is distracting me too. Not that I will be able to see it.

--------------------

Net Spinster
Shipmate
# 16058

- Posted      Profile for Net Spinster   Email Net Spinster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mary heard a noise in the distance and turned in time to see a moving horde sweep along the road at great speed each on some strange two wheeled contraption. What race had such strange skins in different colors and patterns? Were they enchanted never to stop or were they fleeing some menace still to come? Was this the wild hunt? She wondered how they would fare when they hit the ford.

--------------------
spinner of webs

Posts: 1093 | From: San Francisco Bay area | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

We will reopen tomorrow morning.

--------------------

Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

This is as good a time as any to review where we are and what we're up to. If I remember right, we're currently on our final rest day with the caravan. During the night, we will hit Cimenster. Once we get there, we have some accommodation sorted. As I understand, the party lacks the will to do anything further with the covered wagon.

We know (as players) that there is to be some sort of ceremony in the city after our arrival. Some kind of apotropaic sacrificial ceremony? If so, sacrifice of people, animals, grain, symbolic offering of salt? We have no idea.

We also know that Trepik's plans for us are not over. He plans to use knowledge of his association with us to his advantage, making him appear more trustworthy.

We should also expect Cimenster to have a very 'circling the wagons' feel to it, possibly very militarized.

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

*tips hat* Good summary.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

(I've got limited availability for the next week. We're on Guide camp from Friday night until Sunday night, offspring, Curious Kitten, is about to disappear travelling for a month.)

--------------------

Net Spinster
Shipmate
# 16058

We've also the execution place to pass and the party may have a place to stay in the city assuming we get in safely. Anyone for ravens?

BTW I doubt we will reach Cimenster after dark. Most wary cities probably close the gates at dusk except to those with close ties to the ruling power. But who knows.

--------------------
spinner of webs

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Please would you roll readiness, at OK difficulty.

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

New GM Day

--------------------

Net Spinster
Shipmate
# 16058

Not sure who was to roll but 13.

--------------------
spinner of webs

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 

I'm assuming you want all of us to roll—if not, ignore that.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

It was for Net Spinster -who passed !

I will do an outcome post.

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

BTW who is still playing the game ?

Net Spinster, Hart, Ariston & Autenreith Road have been very recently active.

JFH & Kelly are not posting and I assume are not playing - from CK's post I take it Curious Kitten is no longer playing.

Bannerlady was regular pre break.

Anti-social alto, are you still in ? Curiosity Killed - disappearing for a week may need to be NPC'd for a bit. Dafyd and Eliab are you still in ?

[ 10. July 2014, 07:27: Message edited by: Doublethink ]

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Yes, Curious Kitten is out - she hasn't quite gone but it's in the next few days.

I'll know by tonight if I am going on camp. I think I'm already too knackered to be safe in charge of 20 girls and I've got another week of teaching to go afterwards after an exhausting weekend.

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Have been away for a few days, back just now for the next 36 hours, then away for 36 hours then back again. Carry on; I'll just lapse into snoring like a good little cyber pet when the owner is not around. Travelling obviously makes Clawdine quite sleepy.

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Antisocial Alto
Shipmate
# 13810

- Posted      Profile for Antisocial Alto   Email Antisocial Alto   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am still in but I am kind of struggling to know what to do at the moment. None of my skills seem very relevant to a wagon train. Hoping I can be more useful when we reach the city!
Posts: 601 | From: United States | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think I'm going to drop out. I think the story would work slightly better with fewer characters.
I think Daniel is going to hear a rumour about a vampire when we get to the city.

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Posts: 10567 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

If you want, I can give you an out in the next development ?

--------------------

Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
OK.

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Posts: 10567 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

Rolled a 5 on seeking more information. I guess that's a fail, then.

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Fraid so.

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

New GM Day

--------------------

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dafyd, you and Daniel will be missed. Hope you'll be back if there's a next one (whether with the same or another character).

--------------------
Truth

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

OK - cough too evil to be sensible spending two nights sleeping in tent in field in rain, so I'm around.

I was saving use of the magic cups for going through the gate into Cimenster or dealing with the festival in whatever form that might be.

Was I supposed to roll for readiness? If so 15.

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

I have pm'd Eliab to see if he's still playing - after I know that I will bring in some detailed context posts.

--------------------

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

Antisocial Alto, I don't know of anything directly useful for Frithwynne to do either. So Frithwynne and I are amusing ourselves, and hopefully contributing to atmosphere and camaraderie, by wandering around talking to people.

I keep having the feeling that there's something significant about the caravan, why it's traveling at night, and what's in the fortified wagon, that we're supposed to find out and have been completely unable to discover. But I can't think of any other way to get at it that's consistent with our party's natures. As a result of not finding out, I'm expecting some horrible catastrophe to occur in Cimenster (and now we've created an execution ground, an ominous ceremony, and threats from the Sea Lord to add to the possible catastrophes) but even if a catastrophe that will give us more challenges to actively tackle.

I wonder if it's useful to think of things we can do with our Potentials, not limit ourselves to looking to apply just our more narrowly defined Skills.

[ 12. July 2014, 06:14: Message edited by: Autenrieth Road ]

--------------------
Truth

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

New GM Day

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  36  37  38 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016