homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » The Metagame for The Kavetseki Incident (Page 20)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  36  37  38 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The Metagame for The Kavetseki Incident
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Do we need to roll to get stuff from the stores?

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
***hard*** readiness roll if you are looking for something of especially high quality. Otherwise not.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I got a 16

(I was thinking that a knife in a pack with salt would not be well and a new knife was needed).

--------------------

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

- Posted      Profile for Adam.   Author's homepage   Email Adam.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm not really expecting any mechanics change from getting new arrows, it's more for narrative color.

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Posts: 8164 | From: Notre Dame, IN | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Curiosity killed ...:
I got a 16

(I was thinking that a knife in a pack with salt would not be well and a new knife was needed).

So that's a success, what sort of specially good thing would you like (ie will give +2 to combat instead of +1)

Give me an idea and I will give you a description.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

quote:
Originally posted by Hart:
I'm not really expecting any mechanics change from getting new arrows, it's more for narrative color.

Thats fine then, no roll needed.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

A useful handaxe that he can fit in his pack, use tinkering and helping on his travels but also use destructively if it comes to fighting, with a bit more heft and swing than a knife?

And a replacement knife - but that wouldn't change anything.

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

You find an unremarkable knife and this , which is similar in style to the decoration on Trepiks scalemaster pendant.

Please outcome post with a suitably lavish description - ER can't believe his luck. Especially finding a silvered weapon in these circumstances. It had escaped other's attention because it was dirty and obscured with a bit of sacking.

--------------------

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I suppose Frithwynne should look for a weapon, although her combat buff is for improvised weapons so nothing taken from the stores wagon with prior intent to use it as a weapon will really do. I'm trying to think of what would be in character for Frithwynne to want. Perhaps a slightly longer knife? Any ideas?

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Net Spinster
Shipmate
# 16058

- Posted      Profile for Net Spinster   Email Net Spinster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Frithwynne might go for a wood axe (the wagons probably have a few for cutting firewood), a cleaver (check the cook wagons), or a staff.

BTW I wondering about whether the diamonds were cut or uncut because it is possible that Cimenster has diamond cutters (note that diamond cutting didn't happen in our world until the late Middle Ages, before that diamonds were used straight with people looking for good natural stones but they would have no fire).

--------------------
spinner of webs

Posts: 1093 | From: San Francisco Bay area | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Rollcall please, who is currently playing - who is planning to go look in the supply wagon, if so please do so asap.

Then stuff will happen.

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Here, fully equipped, ready.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Here, I'll send Frithwynne to the supply wagon in the next 2 hours.

--------------------
Truth

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

I tried rolling at ***hard*** for an especially effective weapon, and came up with 4.

[Waterworks]

Any penalties to pay, or can Frithwynne just select a not-so-especially effective weapon?

--------------------
Truth

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Yup, no penalties, just pick your own bog standard weapon. In your case, given your skill in improvised weapons, write a story post in which you try to find some specific thing ( club, knife ?) can't find anything suitable so pick up some odds and ends and bodge something together. (Something attached to the end of a broom handle for example.)

[ 13. August 2014, 20:36: Message edited by: Doublethink ]

--------------------

Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

- Posted      Profile for Adam.   Author's homepage   Email Adam.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Here for the next hour or so. As equipped as I think makes sense for me.

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

We'll enter the plan phase for combat when we enter the next GM day.

I will do a context post at that point, so you know what you're planning about. Please re-read the rules if you need to know what you can / can't do in the plan phase.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Here and paying attention

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Still watching the fire...

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

Thanks, DT. I've bollixed up the time and am rushing out to a choir rehearsal but should be able to post this evening (it's 5:30 pm here and I think we'll have a choir break by 8:00 pm). If you need to go ahead before I can post, then do so and I'll have Frithwynne improvise something lying around the campground after battle starts.

--------------------
Truth

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

OK, Frithwynne is all set.

--------------------
Truth

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

New GM Day

(Fell alseep, really drowsy, will context post in the morning my time.)

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Combat Plan Phase

This is your opportunity to do anything you can reason to improve your chances of success in combat. Thus far you have Gunriana's magic, and weapons.

--------------------

Eliab
Shipmate
# 9153

- Posted      Profile for Eliab   Email Eliab   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gunriana intends to hold up her skull with the silver rune, both as a symbol of the unity and commitment of the caravan and as a ward against the undead, and use whatever rune-magic she can to drive back the enemy or strengthen the line. If someone is seriously hurt (that is, point-of-death hurt - there's no time for malingers in the heat of battle) she'll be ready to try to heal them.

Otherwise, she intends to advance on the enemy screaming like a lunatic (or like a barbarian witch, which is much the same), encourage the brave, shame the cowardly, and generally make a nuisance of herself. If something nasty gets too close, she'll hack at it with her blade, but that's not really her strong suit.

This assumes that the enemy have bodies that can be hurt. If there are any incorporeal foes, she'll need a radical re-think of strategy.

[ 14. August 2014, 13:14: Message edited by: Eliab ]

--------------------
"Perhaps there is poetic beauty in the abstract ideas of justice or fairness, but I doubt if many lawyers are moved by it"

Richard Dawkins

Posts: 4619 | From: Hampton, Middlesex, UK | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

Dorainen will use his one longbow attack and then, if necessary, proceed to knife combat in the minion phase.

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

I should add, he will try and be sensible about withdrawal if his skills as a healer would be useful than continuing to fight.

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Er knows he's going to have to fight, and will use the axe and his knife. He'll follow Gunriana supporting her if possible.

--------------------

Net Spinster
Shipmate
# 16058

- Posted      Profile for Net Spinster   Email Net Spinster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mary will gather the wagoners led by the Dockers around the central fire. She is not a fighter (she has the Jael skill but (a) doesn't know it and (b) I don't think the enemy will be asleep). If attacked she has torch, knife, and a rather nasty looking marlinspike. She can also tie up an enemy taken alive.

--------------------
spinner of webs

Posts: 1093 | From: San Francisco Bay area | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Jetse would like to make a **tactics** roll before committing to a plan of action.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

Might anti-vampire techniques work against dolgarkin? Can we find any garlic?

Build up the fire to have flaming brands at hand?

Have a place to fall back to if necessary -- e.g. retreat into a cluster fighting back-to-back facing outwards? Gather a wagon or wagons to make a shelter or mini-fort?

Does anyone think their character might have ideas for knotting or looping Frithwynne's chain to make it a more effective weapon? She will use it to hit at enemies, the stones doing damage.

Probably not enough time to sharpen the edges of the rubies in the chain so they will cut as well as bruise, if that's even feasible to do with a gemstone. But speak up if you think we can try that. Fritheynne may IC ask someone about that, as an IC thing to do, even if we decide here we don't think it's possible.

Do any of the players IC have suggestions for effective fighting -- especially against dolgarkin or selkies -- that they want to advise others of IC?

Do we expect only minions this time around? I'm expecting us to face a nemesis battle with the shark lord and/ or Yaris at some point (depending on just who Yaris is, and how powerful she is). I *think* we get alerted by the GM as to which type of battle we're planning for, which would mean, I think, that this battle will be just minions, but I'm not entirely sure.

Would music (think battle bagpipes) or shrieking (think battle cries) be of use as we go into battle? Not that I know where we would find bagpipes or who could play them... (I'm taking an online music course from the University of Edinburgh that's filmed in a room with a display of bagpipes, so I have bagpipes on the mind...)

[ 14. August 2014, 14:38: Message edited by: Autenrieth Road ]

--------------------
Truth

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

quote:
Originally posted by Ariston:
Jetse would like to make a **tactics** roll before committing to a plan of action.

Success ! Dolgarkin will probably attack inside the protective circle if no attempt is made to drive them off, but, if you fight them just outside the protective circle they almost certainly won't pursue you across the protective circle if you retreat.

If you charge them with your basic toughness, and knock them into the fire, they will be immediately destroyed - this may be easier than a weapons based fight in this situation, as Gunriana's magic has already weakened them. (Mechanically, anyone making a basic attack on toughness to push Dolgarkin into the fire will do so at ***easy*** difficulty', except for Jetse who will do so at ***ridiculously easy*** difficulty).

Dolgarkin may well not be alone, that is all you have seen so far, but they may be accompanied ghoul ravens. You have seen these on battlefields in your homeland. These are mortal birds possessed and driven mad by the souls of the unquiet slain, they tend to go for the eyes - kill the bird and the spirit has no way to act in the physical world.

Feel free to make a story post here, I will transfer them onto the story thread after combat is fully resolved.

[ 14. August 2014, 19:33: Message edited by: Doublethink ]

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Narrate phase will begin in the morning my time.

--------------------

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

In case it squeezes in under the wire of the planning phase, Frithwynne would like to look into her silver chalice and roll for ***inspiration*** about any aspect of the imminent battle.

On the other hand, I have just rolled a 4, so this may be a hopeless attempt.

(I think I'm going to write my own d**n dice roller, and forbid it to ever roll a 4 -- I have had far more than my share of them this game!)

--------------------
Truth

Net Spinster
Shipmate
# 16058

I don't think you will be able to cut the stones given the time and that no one here has the skill or the tools. However certain gems may have innate magical properties in this world; however, given that this is an ordinary chain I doubt you will be allowed to have it have any special powers in this combat round (later with a good roll perhaps rubies with fire and sapphires with the sea or sky though more likely spinels of some sort). We do have diamonds, adamant, unbreakable and, if cut, with fire at their heart when illuminated. One reason for the smuggling in would be if they can be used against whatever is besieging Cimenster (and we are just about to see another agent of the besieging).

Jetse will presumably tell the group what tactics he proposes and besides our group we do have about 90+ members of the train (30 wagons each with 1 driver, 2 guards, and the day guards who are guarding when everyone else is asleep and sleeping while the wagons are moving though a few were lost during the selkie attack). Over two thirds are likely to be dwarves (the guards) while the rest are human. If we assume the wagons are some 15 feet long and we have a circle of 26 of them (so a perimeter of about (* 15 26) which leads to a radius of a about 12 ft from center to inner circle of wagons at a minimum, add 4 feet or so for the width of the wagons and then 20 paces (a quite vague unit, let us say 2.5 ft so 50 ft) for a distance of 66 ft from the central fire to one of the corner fires so each side of the square (I'm going to assume the blood channel is a square not a circle) will be about 93 ft or a total perimeter of about 370 feet (if we go for the circle it is about 414 feet). With about 100 people that means we have one person for about every 4 feet. Given that the wagons are probably a bit further away than 12 feet, I would say we are talking more like one person for every 5 feet along the outer perimeter. Thoughts on the calculations?

--------------------
spinner of webs

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
As Clawdine's only weapon is water, and it would be stupid to deploy it here, given that fire and blood are the ring of defence, she will stay by the first and largest fire stoking it and passing blazing arrows, lances etc to whoever needs them. Her skills are with the natural, not the un-natural. If attacked she has her cook's knife. If the dolgarkin get as far as the biggest fire then it's all over anyway.

In my mind, there is a ring of 26 wagons, a ring slightly father out of blood, unwanted bits of butchered oxen scattered even further out. There are four fires at the north, south, east and west compass points.

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

"Jetse. They are coming. Dolgarin—just at the edge of vision, watching us."

"Then ready yourselves! We have fire. Let them come to us. We will wait. Face them from strength. Feed them to the fire. Go!"

Jetse turned towards the assembled caravan. "Dolgarin approach! Do not fear. They will come to us. Push them hard into the flames. The fire will destroy them. We will preva—"

"CRAW!"

"What is that, Dorainen?"

"Just a bird in the trees—a…robin, I think?"

"Raven, more like it. Can be possessed. The unquiet dead need form. Destroy a shambler, they take a beast. Pests of old battlefields, the skyggeravne. Southern taiga full of them. Kill the bird, the spirit flies. They go for the eyes. Keep your bow handy. Don't let them get close."

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

quote:
Originally posted by Banner Lady:
As Clawdine's only weapon is water, and it would be stupid to deploy it here, given that fire and blood are the ring of defence, she will stay by the first and largest fire stoking it and passing blazing arrows, lances etc to whoever needs them. Her skills are with the natural, not the un-natural. If attacked she has her cook's knife. If the dolgarkin get as far as the biggest fire then it's all over anyway.

In my mind, there is a ring of 26 wagons, a ring slightly father out of blood, unwanted bits of butchered oxen scattered even further out. There are four fires at the north, south, east and west compass points.

Your mental image is accurate. However, should you want to do anything differentky, water is not your only weapon. You are able to use your dowsing rod as a weapon and also I stated this:

quote:
(Mechanically, anyone making a basic attack on toughness to push Dolgarkin into the fire will do so at ***easy*** difficulty', except for Jetse who will do so at ***ridiculously easy*** difficulty).
In response to Jetse's tactics roll. You know Dolgarkin are vulnerable to fire from your last encounter w ith them.

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

quote:

Jetse will presumably tell the group what tactics he proposes and besides our group we do have about 90+ members of the train (30 wagons each with 1 driver, 2 guards, and the day guards who are guarding when everyone else is asleep and sleeping while the wagons are moving though a few were lost during the selkie attack).

FYI I stated here , that there are 30 humans (29 now minus Trepik) and about 20 dwarves. The mercenaries escorting the wagons were fairly spread out. Only one dwarf was lost during the Selkie attack. Total casualties were, x1 dwarf, Trepik, Daniel, and Mother Athelreda.

[ 15. August 2014, 07:39: Message edited by: Doublethink ]

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Narrate Battle Phase

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Meta-Context Combat

Fight begins:

Unless you are using your toughness to push Dolgarkin into a fire your combat is:

Er: ***ridiculously hard*** (using new axe)
Mary: ***ridiculously hard*** (using knife)
Jetse: ***easy*** (using your standard weapons)
Gunriana: ***ridiculously hard*** (using knife / ***Easy***if using rune magic)
Frithwynne: ***OK*** (using chain as improvised weapon)
Dorainen: ***hard*** (using your bow)
Clawdine: ***Hard*** (using divining rod as weapon)

Anyone making a basic attack on toughness to push Dolgarkin into the fire will do so at ***easy*** difficulty, except for Jetse who will do so at ***ridiculously easy*** difficulty.

Your party is fighting two kinds of minion: Dolgarkin and ghoul ravens. The first thing you fight is a Dolgarkin, if it spawns, it will spawn ghoul ravens.

You have until 08:00hrs GMT to defeat them.

(Don't forget to apply all relevant bonuses to your rolls, and use any relevant gifts and special abilities.)

[ 15. August 2014, 08:10: Message edited by: Doublethink ]

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Story Context Post

Exhorted by Jetse, the companions steel themselves and those most gifted run to the edge of the circle of protection ...

Lit by the dancing flames, with the iron smell of blood inhaled with every breath, they face the crazed and insensate remnants of life destroyed.

[ 15. August 2014, 08:09: Message edited by: Doublethink ]

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Rolls 8, 14

OK, I'm really not sure about this. If I read that right Er can't kill the Dolgarkin with his axe but can keep ploughing on and shove it in the fire, which kills it at easy.
quote:
Easy, win = >5, lose = < 3, spawn = 3-5

And also no spawn?

And in story - that's what Er would do, swing the axe but keep aiming to push the thing into the fire, because that's what the instructions are.

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

If you barge it into the fire your threshold is easy, and that is a spawn free success. (You can shove it whilst holding the axe)

If you attack with the axe, aiming to hit it with it - then that is an axe attack and the difficulty is as stated.

(You should decide what you are attacking with before rolling.)

[ 15. August 2014, 08:54: Message edited by: Doublethink ]

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Please do a suitably dramatic story post on this thread - I will transfer everything to the story thread post combat.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Er looks worriedly around. He is stationed out beyond the wagons and is guarding the circle near the fire on the north side of the camp. He is holding the axe in his hands but as he stands and shivers in anticipation he doubts the strength of the blade. Is it silver and decorative? Because if so it will bend and flex uselessly if he uses it against anything. Could it be silver plate on something with a bit more strength and power? Better not to use it in battle, better not find out the hard way failing spectacularly, especially as Jetse has said to push the ... the ... Dolgarkin into the fire.

Nervously he looks about him. There! over there! A shadow, moving, coming towards him. Ulp, now what? That awful feeling of butterflies in his stomach and wobbly knees, then ... suddenly, on an adrenaline surge Er swings the axe around his head and shouts as he charges at the creature. His momentum carries him forward and helps him push the dolgarkin into the fire, with Er nearly following it in, but the heat of the fire warns him. He sways off balance but he is still swinging the axe and that helps him turn his path sideways, to veer clear of the fire and stumble out beyond. He almost overbalances into the darkness, but Er is still full of fight and turns back towards the fire to check for ravens. Nothing.

Er suddenly finds himself shaky with relief as he moves back towards his station, knees wobbling again, but differently. He hopes that the awful smell of burning dolgarkin will act as a deterrent to others nearby.

--------------------

Eliab
Shipmate
# 9153

- Posted      Profile for Eliab   Email Eliab   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink:
Your party is fighting two kinds of minion: Dolgarkin and ghoul ravens. The first thing you fight is a Dolgarkin, if it spawns, it will spawn ghoul ravens.

Are ghoul ravens the same difficulty to fight, or does the easier/same/harder roll apply?

Do ghoul ravens spawn more ghoul ravens, or more dolgarkin?

--------------------
"Perhaps there is poetic beauty in the abstract ideas of justice or fairness, but I doubt if many lawyers are moved by it"

Richard Dawkins

Posts: 4619 | From: Hampton, Middlesex, UK | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

All fights are the same difficulty (exception is shoving Dolgarkin into a fire) - ravens spawn ravens.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

(With ridiculously hard for using the axe there was no way Er was going to use the axe before throwing the dice, particularly when pushing the Dolgarkin into the fire was easy and that's what the intimidating Jetse has instructed the party to do - but I did reason that IC.)

Why did I think we needed to throw 5 throws?
I actually got 8, 14, 18, 3, 14

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

I think that was to try to speed through spawn rolls at some point in the past.

--------------------

Net Spinster
Shipmate
# 16058

Mary is going to try pushing using her torch (lit) as an aid.

18, 15

Mary stations herself as first on the right of the east fire, safest to be near a fire given she was no fighter and safer for the party if all that could should try to defend the perimeter. To her right about seven feet away stood Milt Docker, armed with a quarter staff. A skeleton ran from the surrounding scrub, jumped the blood line, and attacked Milt with outstretch bony arms. Milt swung his staff and pushed it, worm eaten scum, towards her. She grabbed with her left hand one arm of the off-kilter skeleton to pull it further off kilter and jabbed with the torch in her right hand to force it into the fire where the dolgarkin collapsed and burst into blue and green flames.

--------------------
spinner of webs

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  36  37  38 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016