homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » The Metagame for The Kavetseki Incident (Page 26)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  36  37  38 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The Metagame for The Kavetseki Incident
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Banner Lady, very impressive! I'm struggling with trying to make what I proposed more concrete. I put it out there hoping others would join in in filling in the concrete details. I'll keep trying to figure out how to make it more concrete, but it's an uncomfortable task to try it on my own. I'm going to see if I can fill it in with details from what the rest of you have posted so far.

[ 31. August 2014, 17:33: Message edited by: Autenrieth Road ]

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It might help to read through the other player's character sheets, it will give you an idea of what they might be able to do.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Er still has the magic cups for a persuasion route with someone if the party needs them, they were in Jack's kit, and he's gained turncoat and meat curing skills in addition to the initial skills. The other thing he hasn't used is the ability to turn into an alley cat (changed from dog).

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Remember, I want suggestions from everyone ...

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Stares distractedly at the tumbleweed.

--------------------

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
AR wrestles her way past a tumbleweed to lay her small partial offering at the feet of the imperial G.M.D.T. (tm)

It's taking me longer than I expected. Will finish tonight. In the meantime, for my own edification on what I'm planning with, here's who I think we have for main party plus acquired NPCs:

Ironfoot, our host
Honed Blade and other residents of the house

Clawdine and snake

Dorainen and elf guard

Gunriana and Bortacles Poratis

Er and Denvil (from the warehouse)

Jetse and Foret
also Dvalinn and Silverjoy from the caravan
also connecting with some more dwarfs?

Mary Drake and Milt Docker
also
Old Docker
Trader Rafe Hawser
Amfi de Morgan Hawser
Boetius Hawser
Mawd Docker Hawser
Gunni Hawser

Frithwynne

--------------------
Truth

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If the only way to placate the shark lord is to return the contents of the singing chest to the sea, then whoever/whatever that is may also have to be located within the citadel. If the Duke is under some kind of enchantment, then Yaris could be the the one doing the singing, controlling the selkies, etc.

If Yaris has to be captured and released back into the sea, then Jetse and Dorainen would probably have significant roles to play.

If the city is to become a merchant city once more, then presumably Er will need to interact with humans hungry for adventure and lucre - maybe his turncoat friend has other friends? The sort who might throw dice to determine whether they join the rebellion or not? An alley cat strolling through tunnels and restricted areas would not evince as much comment as a man, if the warehouse is to be raided.

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Net Spinster
Shipmate
# 16058

- Posted      Profile for Net Spinster   Email Net Spinster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink:
Stares distractedly at the tumbleweed.

I'm off after early tomorrow (Monday, pacific time) so either Mary dies, made inactive, or someone plays her after that time. I'll leave that to Doublethink.

--------------------
spinner of webs

Posts: 1093 | From: San Francisco Bay area | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Please feel free to make plan suggestions before that if you have time - I trust you are not leaving SOF permanently ?

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

I don't think Dorainen has an elf guard, and the hawser clan can be considered as one unitary faction.

[ 31. August 2014, 21:56: Message edited by: Doublethink ]

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What Jetse wants:

—Revolution: arm and equip the dwarves, smugglers, nobility, and populace, throw off the yoke of Yaris, and break the siege of Cimenster. If the "other" Yaris has reached an understanding with is the Shark Lord, end it. The newly liberated city will, IC, serve as the base of operation for overthrowing the Duchy and restoring IJzerhaven and the Palatinate. With the arms in the supply wagons, along with improvised weapons (tools, rocks, etc), the city should fall to the united factions within it. A good **tactics** check on his part should, especially when coupled with information from other characters, show a good way forward; having the smugglers on board with the conspiracy might give us information as to how food and supplies are entering the city, where they're being squirreled away, and what secret routes there might be that we could exploit.

—Revenge: ultimately, against the forces in Joux and IJzerhaven that exiled him and destroyed the Palatinate. More locally, against whoever sent the storm against him, maimed him, and left him twenty years older. This will mean that the characters who can spy/negotiate will have to find out who is behind the Kavetseki Incident; Jetse and his allies will provide the muscle.

—Return: Jetse just wants to return home. This can't happen unless the harbor is opened and the dwarven/smuggling factions are united behind him. Over twenty years of wanderings, with home occupied by those who think themselves safe from his return, is too many. Once the city is united, the forces that attacked him are defeated, and the siege ended, this should be possible for him.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

quote:
I don't think Dorainen has an elf guard

Not recruited yet, no.

I was thinking of the elf guard following Dorainen. Maybe she's still following him and is keeping watch outside the house. Dorainen can go out and speak to her and discover she's been set to keep watch on this unusual visitor to Cimenster, a river elf. The guards (in my imagining) nominally report to Poratis, not Yaris, even though Yaris has been calling the shots, and now that Boracles has been roused, or is about to rouse the Duke, reminding him of his true loyalty to Cimenster and also what is owed to Gunriana in the way of cooperation, the guards can be reminded of their loyalty, and Dorainen's contact with the elf guard can along with that be turned to some account. Maybe introduce Dorainen into the guards, whence he can safely explore or openly carry his bow and arrows or something?

Hart, any ideas for the elf guard?

--------------------
Truth

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If time is against us, then how could we bring everything to a head on the night of the dinner party?

Perhaps.... Yaris arrives with force (her blue bannermen?) to suppress the rebellion brewing at Honed Blade's house. Jetse leads the dwarves (more arriving through the tunnels to the house) then goes on to liberate the city.

Yaris is captured, the Duke is freed from her enthrallment once she is returned to the Shark Lord (I dunno - catapult her back into the sea?)

The golden ship is discovered and a golden age begins for Cimenster with each member of the ship's party given responsibility for some part of the now promising future?

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

- Posted      Profile for Adam.   Author's homepage   Email Adam.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Autenrieth Road:

I was thinking of the elf guard following Dorainen. Maybe she's still following him and is keeping watch outside the house. Dorainen can go out and speak to her and discover she's been set to keep watch on this unusual visitor to Cimenster, a river elf. The guards (in my imagining) nominally report to Poratis, not Yaris, even though Yaris has been calling the shots, and now that Boracles has been roused, or is about to rouse the Duke, reminding him of his true loyalty to Cimenster and also what is owed to Gunriana in the way of cooperation, the guards can be reminded of their loyalty, and Dorainen's contact with the elf guard can along with that be turned to some account. Maybe introduce Dorainen into the guards, whence he can safely explore or openly carry his bow and arrows or something?

Hart, any ideas for the elf guard?

Ah, I see. I almost forgot about her and at first thought you meant 'guard' as in a cohort of defenders.

I think we do need to force a confrontation with Yaris, and it seems that waiting until the petitioners' day at the guildhall might be too late to stop whatever she's planning. We do now seem to have a good array of people supporting us, but Dorainen could certainly try infiltrating the elven guard, with some help from Boracles.

Once we've done that, some of us could probably get surreptitious access to Yaris' inner sanctum (in 'borrowed' guard uniforms), especially if Jetse and the dwarves create a distraction. We already have the snake she needed and Dorainen might be the best placed to recognize the chest she probably has hidden somewhere.

Somehow, we confront her with the fact that we now have everything she needs for whatever she was planning, and a weight of muscle. She then explains what's going on and how to break the shark lord seige and re-open the port.

To do this, we'd basically be breaking into two factions: one would have Dorainen and some find-hidden people; the other would be headed by Jetse. Gunriana should be kept somewhere safe (probably with Clawdine and the snake) so as she can make a forceful case to Yaris that she's overpowered and should save herself by doing what she wants.

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Posts: 8164 | From: Notre Dame, IN | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

[I wrote this whole thing before seeing Hart's post. This is long. If we need a shorter plan as Banner Lady and Hart have suggested, then scrap this or retrieve any workable pieces if they're useful. I can go back to the drawing board for a shorter plan if wanted. But now that I've imagined this whole thing, I'm going to go ahead and post it. I'm really really really bad at editing myself, in all circumstances, so I hope others can provide any editing this needs if we're going to use any part of it and make it workable. And if we don't use any of it, well, I've got another chapter for my Kavetseki fanfic.]

OK, this is trying to answer DT's request to write something very specific with actions for everyone.

I've tried to write this inspired by all the ideas everyone has contributed. It is just a draft to provide something very specific to talk about with suggested actions for everyone, both PCs and NPCs, as requested by Doublethink.

I have no attachment to us doing anything on this list.

I don't know if it's too long for the real-time time we have remaining. Banner Lady's idea of ways to bring everything to a head at the feast is a good idea if we're too limited to do enough to get to and through Petitioner's Day.

There are four phases to the plan: before feast (this should be done QUICKLY), feast, before petition day, petition day.

****** Before feast ******

Clawdine says she will need more earth. Dwarfs show her entrances to tunnels with stacked up earth. When questioned, they say they haven't used the tunnels for almost 20 years as too dangerous, but that they used to go up into the palace/citadel and also into the petitioning place in the guildhall, which is attached to Yaris' complex of buildings.

Dorainen goes out and talks to elf guard watching house. There is nothing sinister or malicious in her observation, she has simply been sent to keep an eye on the river elf; a river elf has not been seen in Cimenster for 20 years. Dorainen finds out something interesting from her about the guards (perhaps: the Duke lets Yaris boss them about, but their real loyalty is to the Duke and to Bortacles and if Duke & Bortacles would wake up and take charge again, the guards would gladly follow them).

Is there any further conversation Gunriana is going to have with Bortacles?

****** Feast ******

Everyone shares information, including the recently acquired information from Clawdine about the tunnels and Dorainen about the guards (and Gunriana about Bortacles if any is acquired). Attendees speak openly about their goals (the PCs should open this dangerous subject). Upon discovering they have some common interests and can help each other, a plan is agreed to.

Gunriana and Jetse are at odds because Jetse wants revolt and Gunriana wants diplomacy. They agree that diplomacy backed by force is more effective, so Jetse will recruit a force to back the diplomacy, and Gunriana will lead off with diplomacy. If the diplomacy fails, the force is ready. (If Ariston and Eliab can't bring their characters to agree on something like this, then ISTM we're pretty much dead in the water and we should be planning for Irredeemable split in the party, Jetse proceeds with revolution anyway, Gunriana curses Jetse as an oath-breaker, no-one finds out anything, Cimenster devolves into chaos and armageddon.)

****** Plan ******

****** Before petition day ******

Find out as much as possible about the Kavetseki, chest, Shark Lord.
Recruit allies.

Ironfoot, Honed Blade and other residents of the house: keep doing whatever helpful or obstructive things Banner Lady invents for them to do

Clawdine, snake: continue with unusal or unusual Clawdine-type activities. Clawdine pumps house-dwarfs for information about significance of snakes to Yaris.

Dorainen, elf guard, Gunriana, Bortacles Poratis: go to palace and rouse Old Duke to reassert himself. Word goes out to guards to recall their fealty to the Duke. Eliab and Hart to manufacture whatever else they want for this scene. Perhaps: what happened 20 years ago and how did the Duke fall under Yaris' spell? What happened when in the early days the Shark Lord's siege was challenged (I assume they did challenge it at first, but eventually fell into despair and are now just trying to avoid total defeat)? What does the Duke know of Yaris' plans... she must have boasted or gloated about something-or-other in his hearing over the past 20 years of pretending to serve him while really controlling him. Oh and: Gunriana and Dorainen perform witchcraft and healing to free Duke and Bortacles from Yaris' spell. This will be important for how things are going to play out later on Petition Day.

Er: wanders the city as an alleycat and spies on the blue bandannamen, finding out how they're in contact with the Shark Lord, and what their connection is to Yaris (if any)

Denvil (from the warehouse): puts out contacts among warehouse workers for descriptions of what happens at petition day and what they have overheard about the upcoming petition day. Rallies warehouse workers to show up at petition day with whatever innocuous tools can be converted to weapons at a moment's notice.

Jetse: recruit dwarfs for uprising, convince them it's possible,

Jetse's dwarf allies: assist in recruitment and convincement. Get dwarfs retrieving and repairing arms that have been hidden and neglected these last 20 years.

Mary Drake: since Net Spinster will be leaving us, we need some less active role for Mary. Perhaps she stays at Ironfoot's and listens to and collates all the information brought back. She's proven herself to be a very practical thinker so this kind of organizational task seems well-suited to her character as Net Spinster has created her. (If Net Spinster were still going to be with us, I'd think of a more active thing for Mary to do.)

Hawser clan: what have they heard over the years about a chest? Go out and talk to their contacts and assemble the whisps of information.

Frithwynne: goes into the tunnels using her ***maze*** skill to find her way to wherever the party has decided the chest is most likely to be. Yaris' complex, I guess. If she has to ***find hidden*** to find it at the end of her maze-solving, so be it. Since she's proceeding in tunnels, she probably won't meet anyone while in the maze whom she'll have to ***bluff*** (or ***intuit*** how to deceive) with the evidence of her bandanna-blue kirtle. But she might be surprised by someone who comes in after she emerges into the final room where she finds the chest or the golden ship or both.

****** Petition day ******

Everyone goes to Petition Day. The allies remain outside the hall, except for a small group who accompany the Kavetseki group inside.

Gunriana leads the challenge and petition to Yaris. We now know Yaris has the chest (thanks to Frithwynne), so we can be bold in challenging her. Why did she trick the ship, and why did she steal the chest? Why has she kept it, to the detriment of Cimenster lo these 20 years?

DT gulps and has Yaris reply and we finally find out some answers, even if they're delivered scornfully.

More bandying of words proceeds, with anyone joining in who has an idea. Eventually Yaris is going to have to reveal her scheme for this Petitioner's Day, probably by acting against the Kavetseki party.

Kavetseki party responds by going into defensive posture and calling out the prearranged shout for the outside allies to come in and help. Duke and Bortacles reveal themselves to be restored to their proper commanding selves. Everyone present except the Blue Bandannas and the smooth-skinned Shark Mafia goes over to the Duke.

Grand battle ensues, first Minion battle with Yaris' supporters and then Nemesis battle with Shark Lord possessing Yaris. Doublethink to provide details (if time is short, cut Minion battle and go straight to Nemesis battle). Defeating Yaris defeats Shark Lord through Yaris (this isn't always how defeating a possessed person works in other worlds and adventures, but for the sake of resolution, that's how I want it to work here), and, AT LAST we are free of the Shark Lord (cue rejoicing by Er, Jetse, Gunriana, Mary, Dorainen, and Clawdine) and we get to keep the chest (cue rejoicing by Frithwynne).

[ 01. September 2014, 00:25: Message edited by: Autenrieth Road ]

--------------------
Truth

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

Ariston, I wrote the above before seeing your last post on the Story thread. I have no idea if any of the above kinds of ideas can fit with the Jetse-story you're developing.

--------------------
Truth

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

I totally forgot: narratively I think Clawdine should come with the snake to the Petition Day with everyone else, and there ought to be some incident revolving around the snake, but since I have no idea what Doublethink and Yaris have in mind about the snake, I can't think of any plan for it, except to put Clawdine+snake in the action arena and then Doublethink can let us know what happens when Petition Day arrives.

I don't know if we're any closer to a plan. We seem to be circling around ideas, but we have no decision mechanism if no obvious consensus emerges quickly. And DT seems to be asking for something more complex than "each of us goes off on our own and does what seems good to us, both OOC and IC", which makes it complex enough that I think it needs a Clerk Of The Meeting (DT will recognize this term from Friends) who can sum up and declare the will of the group. Maybe that's what DT will do as GM? I'm still really unclear (have been all game) on how we plan and which parts we initiate and which parts the GM initiates.

Maybe there's a consensus already in what people have posted? I'm having a hard time getting the pieces of what everyone has suggested to make a coherent whole, which isn't to say that they don't, it's just beyond my thinking powers right now.

--------------------
Truth

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

One more thought: I suggested a series of actions for Frithwynne, but mostly information-gathering or rallying-of-allies for other characters. Sorry for that; I know Frithwynne intimately but I can't get inside your PCs enough to think about their skills and more active sequences for them. So I hope if you want to do something more active you'll propose it, if you haven't already, so that in Story everyone ends up narrating something they're happy with.

[ 01. September 2014, 00:55: Message edited by: Autenrieth Road ]

--------------------
Truth

Net Spinster
Shipmate
# 16058

- Posted      Profile for Net Spinster   Email Net Spinster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Please feel free to make plan suggestions before that if you have time - I trust you are not leaving SOF permanently ?

Just some vacation in British Columbia. I'll be back presumably after this story is over (admittedly it looks like Ariston is setting the ground for another story).

BTW allowing Mary a chance to go over Yaris's accounting books might yield info on who is involved with who. Also I have a black humored thought of Clawdine's snake going after Er as cat (Er is suppose to become one at the most inopportune time).

--------------------
spinner of webs

Posts: 1093 | From: San Francisco Bay area | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

Have a great time in BC, Net Spinster. I've loved the wealth of practical knowledge you have brought to Mary, and her kind and capable nature.

Perhaps Mary can go with Frithwynne through the tunnel maze, and Frithwynne can find her way to Yaris' office (I know, in this time period it should be called something else but I totally forget what.) While Mary is examining the books, Frithwynne examines the large chest-shaped object that is not very well concealed beneath a large Persian rug (does Persia exist in this world?) woven with a glowing jewel-colored snake with hypnotic green eyes.

--------------------
Truth

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Tips hat to Frithwynne as the only player who did what the GM asked.

I shall do you all a scenario choice to pick from and work to.

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Scenario list:

• By Stealth & Guile - Feast, Tunnels (maze), Faction Distraction, Mansion Search, Sabotage Conspiracy, Petitioners Confrontation
  • Duke it Out - Feast, Faction Distraction, Keep Search, Free Duke, Capture Yaris
  • Dangerous Magic - Feast, Jewelled Serpent, Shark Tooth Necklace, Tunnels (maze), Confront Conspirators, Faction Reinforcements
  • Blade & Wave - Feast, Faction Distraction, Armed Insurrection, Yaris Capture, Sharklord's Bargain
  • Party On - Feast + New Ideas
  • GM Remix - Combination of Elements from Above

All, please state you preference and then I will set character goals.

[ 01. September 2014, 07:11: Message edited by: Doublethink ]

--------------------

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

By Stealth and Guile

I want to find out what Yaris has planned for Petitioner's Day, and I don't want to bargain with the Shark Lord (as per one of the other scenarios), I want to defeat the Shark Lord.

--------------------
Truth

Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

- Posted      Profile for Adam.   Author's homepage   Email Adam.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I agree. I'd be fine with Duke it out too though.

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think deception & guile should be our main thrust—best chance at finding out what we need to know, as well as suiting small "strike force" tactics the best. It may be that we gather our allies and, under Jetse, lead a revolt in the city, while everyone else sneaks through the tunnels and actually accomplishes the hard work of finding out what we need to know to resolve what happened twenty years ago and free the town from the siege.

D&G is my main vote, with some good "kick in the door" ultraviolence to keep otherwise interested parties from noticing the small group sneaking around.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

I take it you mean By Stealth & Guile rather than Dangerous Magic ?

[ 01. September 2014, 19:10: Message edited by: Doublethink ]

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

I think I do too—I was thinking it was called Deception and Guile, rather than S&G.

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

• Gunriana - Eliab = ???
  • Crazy Clawdine - Banner Lady = ???
  • Daniel Van Adescant - Dafyd = Lost in Selkies
  • Dorainen - Hart = By Stealth & Guile
  • Frithwynne - Autenreith Road + JFH = By Stealth & Guile
  • John Goode - Yorick = Fending for Himself
  • Mary Drake - Net Spinster = Lost in the Real Wilds
  • Guardian Jetse Vos - Ariston = By Stealth & Guile
  • Mother Aethelreda - Antisocial Alto = Lost in Selkies
  • Jack Gallow - IngoB = Lost in Despair
  • Er - Curiosity Killed = ???

--------------------

Eliab
Shipmate
# 9153

- Posted      Profile for Eliab   Email Eliab   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry: I've been busy with work and stuff.

Gunriana's definitely voting for stealth and guile.

She's not actually opposed to violent revolution, but would like to make sure Yaris is actually our enemy, not just a general bad egg, before encouraging violence.

--------------------
"Perhaps there is poetic beauty in the abstract ideas of justice or fairness, but I doubt if many lawyers are moved by it"

Richard Dawkins

Posts: 4619 | From: Hampton, Middlesex, UK | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Er's voting for stealth and guile - sorry, I'm back at work and it's proving to require writing training materials as well as everything else.

--------------------

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

I am sensing an overwhelming majority for Stealth & Guile, I will await Bannerlady's comments and post character goals in the morning.

[ 01. September 2014, 22:32: Message edited by: Doublethink ]

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

New GM Day

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

Banner Lady (and Clawdine) don't care, as long as something happens to progress things. Mind you, I can't imagine we have gone unnoticed by the powers that be, but maybe they are wary of us so are choosing not to round us up yet. I will adapt myself to whatever would give my fellow shippies the most enjoyment.

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

By Stealth & Guile: Feast Character Goals

OK so you start the feast. Clawdine needs to have the tunnel conversation. Frithwynne needs to discuss the shark's teeth. You all need to have in character discussion that arrives at the idea of infiltrating the mansion to search for the chest, the ship, and clues.

Once you decide on this, each character who brought an ally needs to discuss with them how they can help ensure that the mansion is as near empty as possible. This will result in each faction having an action.

I will give any npc replies you are not able to generate, and sort Mary/Hawsers.

After the feast I will meta-context post the actions you need to attempt.

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

*Thinks*

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

not brilliantly out there this week, sorry - only just got home and starting the next lot of work.

I'll look when I get a minute

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

New GM Day

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

?

--------------------

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

I've been tied up. I'll be able to post "Frithwynne at the feast" tonight. Where's everyone else, or are people waiting for Frithwynne's shark teeth and maze idea? (Someone else could have the maze idea, too.)

[ 03. September 2014, 21:00: Message edited by: Autenrieth Road ]

--------------------
Truth

Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

Dorainen's introduced the idea that the tunnels might lead somewhere interesting and is kind of waiting for someone else to expand on that with information he doesn't have.

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

I don't think Jetse's even arrived at the feast yet....

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

If we finish this game before Christmas it going to be a bloody miracle.

If I ever do this again, we are going to stick to one timezone.

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

New GM Day

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

quote:
Originally posted by Banner Lady:
I don't think Jetse's even arrived at the feast yet....

quote:
Originally posted by Ariston:
As darkness fell, Jetse, Foret, and the dwarf who lead them to the temple found themselves back at Ironfoot's Lodge. An older woman, well into middle age, the signs of a hard life written on her face and hands, met them at the door.

Jetse isn't the ringleader of all this skulking about; it wouldn't make sense to have him lead off discussions of what we're going to do, given that he's essentially just leading the distraction that clears out the mansion for everyone else. If the other factions we're assembling can contribute extra rabble or supplies to his mob (so far, the dwarves and the smugglers), great—but the nuts and bolts hard planning and coordination are probably best left to those who will be having a part in it.

--------------------

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

Oy, I'll have a think for how Frithwynne can jump start the plan. Unless someone else shows up to get us plotting IC? (Looks around hopefully for Eliab and CK. Mary would be helpful too, but I don't think we should make DT-as-Mary get our plan going for us; in any case I don't know how active DT is going to make Mary as we continue.)

Frithwynne, Twenty Years Trapped On A Beach, or How I Went From Shepherd Lass To Machiavelli In One Caravan Trip From North-of-Barvik To Cimenster, coming to a screen near you this fall, or at least before Christmas.

--------------------
Truth

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

Hart, has Dorainen shared yet with the group what he overheard in the warehouse? That could happen now (unless it's happened already and I missed it.)

--------------------
Truth

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

The idea of giving you (generic you) all character goals was to make this process easier. I don't think my character would speak yet, is really not a very viable gameplay strategy. We do need everybody to be contributing everyday.

If players are simply unable to do this, we need to think about ending the game. I would then write an epilogue completing the story.

Please use the poll.

[ 04. September 2014, 07:37: Message edited by: Doublethink ]

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

Well, this is why I suggested Yaris and her cohorts storming into the dwarf house for a final confrontation. Better a strong ending (one way or another) than petering out with a yawn.

Clawdine is up for anything, really.

--------------------

Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

I've just posted on the story thread in a way that can hopefully moves the plot along and allows others to respond.

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

New GM Day

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  36  37  38 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016