homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » 2014 Celebrity Death Pool (Page 5)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Source: (consider it) Thread: 2014 Celebrity Death Pool
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Jack Brabham has died. From a time when it was possible to design and drive an F1 car.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mary Stewart, perhaps most famous for writing The Crystal Caves, has sailed away to Avalon.

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ArachnidinElmet:
Mary Stewart, perhaps most famous for writing The Crystal Caves, has sailed away to Avalon.

Loved practically all her books, especially the Merlin ones. The only one I had trouble with was The Wicked Day. It was her finale of Arthur's story, and of necessity sad, but too depressing for me to finish.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Damn! I had Lloyd Robertston! Instead, Knowlton Nash dies.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pin-up calenders in heaven? No more bad lighting for Bunny Yeager.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Donald Levine, the toy executive who designed the G.I. Joe action figure, is no longer a member of the Church Militant.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kyzyl

Ship's dog
# 374

- Posted      Profile for Kyzyl   Email Kyzyl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Maya Angelou has died...
Poet Maya Angelou

[I don't think this was the link you were looking for, so I've found one that might be more appropriate.

—Ariston, Circushost]

[ 28. May 2014, 15:28: Message edited by: Ariston ]

--------------------
I need a quote.

Posts: 668 | From: Wapasha's Prairie | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda B. Reckondwythe:
Donald Levine, the toy executive who designed the G.I. Joe action figure, is no longer a member of the Church Militant.

Given that his funeral is being held at a place called Temple Beth-el, it seems unlikely that he ever was.
Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kyzyl

Ship's dog
# 374

- Posted      Profile for Kyzyl   Email Kyzyl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks Ariston. That's what I get for trying to do links from an iPad Mini.

--------------------
I need a quote.

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ann B. Davis is Heaven's new housekeeper. She was best known as Alice on "The Brady Bunch," but she was known to many of us as an active Episcopalian. She was very involved with our national General Conventions as a Volunteer. I also heard recently that she attended my church once, before I was a member, and unannounced got up to read one of the Lessons.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kyzyl

Ship's dog
# 374

And don't forget Ann B. Davis was Shultzy before she was Alice...
Shultzy & Bob Cummings

--------------------
I need a quote.

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
RIP Rik Mayall/Captain Flashheart.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Sparrow
Shipmate
# 2458

- Posted      Profile for Sparrow   Email Sparrow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheAlethiophile:

Oh bugger. They're starting to die now when they're younger than me.

--------------------
For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life,nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Posts: 3149 | From: Bottom right hand corner of the UK | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sparrow:
quote:
Originally posted by TheAlethiophile:

Oh bugger. They're starting to die now when they're younger than me.
Exactly my thoughts. Too many recent deaths are at my age or younger.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was just coming to post this one - he was a few years older than me, but still way too young.

RIP Lord Flasheart. [Frown]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Today we bid farewell to Eric Hill, creator of Spot the Dog. You enriched our childhoods.

--------------------

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Tom Day
Ship's revolutionary
# 3630

- Posted      Profile for Tom Day   Author's homepage   Email Tom Day   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was just going to post the same. I love reading the Spot the Dog books to my kids!

--------------------
My allotment blog

Posts: 6473 | From: My Sofa | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gary Gilmour, the Aussies bowler from the mid-1970's will be bowling at the Heavenly Choir by now.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kyzyl

Ship's dog
# 374

The great Ruby Dee has passed.
Ruby Dee

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kyzyl:
The great Ruby Dee has passed.
Ruby Dee

Terrific actor and a powerful person.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rafael Frühbeck de Burgos is conducting the music of the spheres.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Celtic Knotweed
Shipmate
# 13008

- Posted      Profile for Celtic Knotweed   Email Celtic Knotweed   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sam Kelly is no more. [Frown]

--------------------
My little sister is riding 100k round London at night to raise money for cancer research donations here if you feel so inclined.

Posts: 664 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

On no one's list, but worth noting; Carla Laemmle, Silent film actor and niece of the founder of Universal Studios has died.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Kyzyl

Ship's dog
# 374

the great byond now has a Top 40 DJ

Casey Kasem has died.

--------------------
I need a quote.

Kyzyl

Ship's dog
# 374

The Warhol crew is getting smaller and smaller.

Ultra Violet

--------------------
I need a quote.

Kyzyl

Ship's dog
# 374

A sad day for fans of baseball...

Tony Gwynn

[ 16. June 2014, 16:14: Message edited by: Kyzyl ]

--------------------
I need a quote.

Kyzyl

Ship's dog
# 374

That's three in a row, I feel like the Grim Reaper.

--------------------
I need a quote.

Matt Black

Shipmate
# 2210

- Posted      Profile for Matt Black   Email Matt Black   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Allow me to interrupt then!

Captain Scarlett's voice at least is no longer indestructible

[ 16. June 2014, 16:51: Message edited by: Matt Black ]

--------------------
"Protestant and Reformed, according to the Tradition of the ancient Catholic Church" - + John Cosin (1594-1672)

Posts: 14304 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Showing my age a bit: in my mind he's Paul Temple. [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kyzyl:
A sad day for fans of baseball...

Tony Gwynn

Indeed. I am sure the San Diego Padres organization will be in deep mourning.

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

The heavenly choir has gained two new members: Johnny Mann, who has gone Up, Up and Away at last; and Gerry Goffin, who is doing the Locomotion with the saints.

--------------------

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There will be many Flowers for author Daniel Keyes this week.

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Celtic Knotweed:
Sam Kelly is no more. [Frown]

I used to follow him on Twitter. He ad a dry sense of humour. Mr Bug and I have been watching the documentary series about Porridge recently, which featured Sam. Of course, he was also in On The Up and Allo Allo .

[ 21. June 2014, 14:46: Message edited by: Starbug ]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Someone who should have been more a celebrity, Stephanie Kwolek, inventor of Kevlar, has died.

[ 21. June 2014, 16:46: Message edited by: lilBuddha ]

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

Patsy Byrne, aka Nursie, had gone to join Lord Flasheart in the choir invisible.

--------------------

Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That is sad - she was superb in blackadder.

Are the other cast members now booking doctors appointments?

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I hope it's too early for Blackadder to become like watching the credits on Dad's Army: "He's dead, he's dead, he's dead ..."

RIP Nursie.

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Schroedinger's cat:
That is sad - she was superb in blackadder.

Are the other cast members now booking doctors appointments?

I've got two on my list...

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Eli Wallach has died at 98.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Kyzyl

Ship's dog
# 374

Linky for Eli Wallach

NYT Eli Wallach

--------------------
I need a quote.

Og: Thread Killer
Ship's token CN Mennonite
# 3200

- Posted      Profile for Og: Thread Killer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I just read the plot for Baby Doll, the first film by Wallach.

Makes me wonder if the 50's were more about sex then we realise.

--------------------
I wish I was seeking justice loving mercy and walking humbly but... "Cease to lament for that thou canst not help, And study help for that which thou lament'st."

Posts: 5025 | From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Julius Rudel, Longtime Director Of New York City Opera, Dies At 93. He directed New York city's "#2 Opera Company" during its heyday, with singers such as Beverly Sills and Placido Domingo. I was fortunate to have attended many of his productions.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

Howard Baker, star of the Watergate hearings of 1973, knows at last what the President knew and when he knew it.

--------------------

Kyzyl

Ship's dog
# 374

quote:
Originally posted by Amanda B. Reckondwythe:
Howard Baker, star of the Watergate hearings of 1973, knows at last what the President knew and when he knew it.

Ah my misspent youth! I hid from the Texas heat and watched the hearings live. The start of my interest in politics.

--------------------
I need a quote.

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

Bobby Womack has shuffled off this mortal coil.

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just found out Felix Dennis has died.
33 points please!

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kyzyl

Ship's dog
# 374

Meshach Taylor, best known from the US comedy series Designing Women ...
Meshach Taylor

--------------------
I need a quote.

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

Paul Mazursky, director of such memorable films as "Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice," "An Unmarried Woman" and "Down and Out in Beverly Hills," may very well be directing the Second Coming.

--------------------

Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Don't think he's on any lists, but former Soviet Foreign Minister and later President of Georgia, Eduard Shevardnadze has died aged 87.

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Eileen Ford will have the angels modeling the latest robes and halos.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016