homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Offencesenslessness (Page 11)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Offencesenslessness
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am simply offended that after 10 pages lilBuddha still can't spell 'offensive' and what is more that I go away for weeks over the summer and come back to find that no-one has managed to be offended in my absence.
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We were not offended by your absence, but the same cannot be said regarding your return.
I cannot spell offence? You'll notice the title of the thread, I hope. Using an s instead of a c isn't wrong, just different. Though typically used more by Americans these days, it is as old a spelling as the one used by the rest of the English speaking world, ~14th century. So, as I was speaking to WW, it is highly appropriate to use both. Reminds him of his childhood.*
I think I must apologise for the etymology lesson, I hope it did not strain your mental capacity too greatly.

*Against all evidence, I am assuming he can still read and comprehend.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Below the Lansker
Shipmate
# 17297

- Posted      Profile for Below the Lansker     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh Buddsy, I try to sit on my hands, I really do, but when you come out with your usual cartloads of tosh, I find myself bursting with moral indignation and simply can contain myself no longer. Citing the title of the thread as your authority to make fast and loose with the orthography (rather than the etymology) of the word offence/offense is hardly valid, since you are the very person who originated the thread. It would be rather like me saying "I am wonderful simply because I say I am", which whilst true, hardly demonstrates the humility becoming a Christian website.
But it is not your lack of logic and perspicacity that most offends me (alas, I have become inured to it due to long acquaintance with your somewhat novel approach to disputation), it is your snarky attitude to poor Lucia, so recently returned from her vacances and your unpleasant implications regarding our own dear Wodders. Ageism is a very ugly thing. [Disappointed]

Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

- Posted      Profile for Oscar the Grouch     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
O dear God. What unimaginative, mindless piece of flotsam resurrected this heap of doodah that calls itself a thread? Wasn't there something more interesting you could do - like go and catch the Ebola virus?

--------------------
Faradiu, dundeibáwa weyu lárigi weyu

Posts: 3871 | From: Gamma Quadrant, just to the left of Galifrey | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And there's you doing your level best to live up to your name. Who pissed in your Cheerios?

We can be offended all the doodah day if we so choose. Spoilsport.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Look, just because I was desperate for the lavatory and could find no other place to relieve myself because you were hogging the bathroom (as you always do), there is no need to broadcast the fact over the entire interwebby thing. You just love to cause me embarrassment, don't you? I bet it will be all over Facebook next! And what Groucho didn't know, surely wouldn't have hurt him.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't love to embarrass you, Smudge, I just feel I should assist you in your compulsive need to embarrass yourself.

And do I get any appreciation for it? No.

ETA: Groucho?

ETA2: Oh.

ETA. Offended. [Disappointed]

[ 05. September 2014, 06:10: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, just carry on with your little Editing 101 practice thread, why don't you? I mean c'mon ... you kud ov got it right first time, huh?

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
'kud ov'????????? [Eek!] [Paranoid] Would it really have taken you so much longer to spell the words out correctly? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
With that set of emoticons, you'll end up with a nasty squint. Can't you just say what you mean without dressing it up in unnecessarily fancy graphics?

Next thing, you'll be demanding WordArt!

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
* had thought free endorsement of products, such as Bill Gates' turgid WordArt, was verboten on this site, but * see rules is not rules to the Offensive.

--------------------

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

The mention of Bill Gates's turgidity brings to mind a mental image from which * shall never recover. But * 'm sure you knew that.

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
OY! You aren't supposed to perpetuate disturbing images! You're supposed to take a swig of Fernet, keep a stiff pair of lips, and carry on!

* 'm running out of F-B, and that pisswater ain't cheap, you know! You Totally Owe Me Now.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Fernet Branca tastes like a horrible nightmare Nyquil had.

There, * said it. Somebody had to.

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No, it tastes worse. It tastes like our dying life. Or living death. Same thing, sayith Augustine.

You don't read Augustine obsessively? Philistine.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

As it happens, * am 1/16th Philistine,. * have a cher***ed photo of my great grandmother in her native dress. Racist.

--------------------

Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
***ist

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ooooh, rude things ...

DT
Circstyx Host

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

Seriously, DT? Could you not handle this little bit of tame Hell in your own domain? Did you have to send it to its parent realm? Did you have to make it follow me…okay, at least it's not Mornington Crescent, so * 'll grant that.

Still, there's a difference: Hell is for settling petty and trivial scores; the offense thread is for complaining about them. Thought you would have learned that by now.

--------------------

Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Petty and trivial?! Is that the level of respect you have for the high level of discussion which goes on in this lower level realm?
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

They put me in charge.

Draw your own conclusions, boopsie.

--------------------

Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And on and on, Ariston and on and ...

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

Really? You mean my Greek name is also the name of an appliance brand? Well slap me upside the head and call me Kenmore! Thank you for this tidbit. * 've never heard that before.

Ever.

From anyone on the Ship.

—ὁ Ἀρίστον, ἀρχόν Κόλασῃ

[ 20. September 2014, 01:02: Message edited by: Ariston ]

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lord. Really? As if we'd be ruled by a gar***ly painted mythical washer in size 60 shoes who flunked out of hosting the Circus?

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

Black: How does something "Excellent", "Great" and SQUAT (bursting the bubble of its own grandiosity somewhat) have size 60 'shoes', * .e. human feet RIDICULOUSLY scaled up. An Oscar Pistorius ATAT? More like Mrs. Shufflebottom. Pot. * mean you are this.

--------------------
Love wins

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

I'm offended that this is still here.

Much as I love my favorite parts of my old baliwick coming back to visit me (*sniff*), it's time to return the toys.

Back with ye!

--------------------

Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

Your offendedness is an offence under the Offensive Offendedness Act of 2014.

--------------------
Love wins

fullgospel
Shipmate
# 18233

- Posted      Profile for fullgospel   Author's homepage   Email fullgospel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am offended that you mention that 2014 Act which is unheard of in Moritania (which is ) already in the year 2024.

Don't ask ! ....

--------------------
on the one hand - self doubt
on the other, the universe that looks through your eyes - your eyes

Posts: 364 | From: Rubovia | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

I will ask if I damn well please. In fact, I'm asking, OK? This is my asking face: [Mad]

--------------------

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Language, bunny! Didn't your mother ever wash your mouth out with soap for using profanities?

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Hippies don't use soap.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Let me expound upon that: I Haight to criticise, but how can you expect an unbathed, patchouli drenched, orgy-exhausted, drug-fueled, pseudo-mystic to be aware of what language she used? We should applaud that she can still manage a reasonable approximation of language.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Now I am thoroughly , completely, irrevocably pissed off.

"Orgy-exhausted?" Where the hell do you get off? I suppose there was an invite that didn't come through in the mail.

--------------------

Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

- Posted      Profile for Oscar the Grouch     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Huh! If an invite DID come in the mail, I doubt you would have been able to comprehend it, given the abysmal level of your reading skills, as evidenced by the drivel you come up with regularly.

--------------------
Faradiu, dundeibáwa weyu lárigi weyu

Posts: 3871 | From: Gamma Quadrant, just to the left of Galifrey | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Wow, we haven't had one of these in a while.

It is funny you refer to reading skills when you apparently haven't used them to read the rules of this game. This game is not about merely insulting someone. Any pigfucker with a gallon of Molson Golden in them can insult someone (Hi,RooK.)
No this game is about locating that which is offensive in the post above yours, and pointing out to them what areas need improvement.

SO, basically while your, um, clever riff on my reading skills has-- oooh hurt me deeply, yes, you big mean man--what exactly were you offended at?

Or are we meant to read your mind? If so, it would be polite to provide a microscope.

--------------------

Alicïa
Shipmate
# 7668

- Posted      Profile for Alicïa   Email Alicïa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Really Kelly? Really!? Where to begin... Have you heard from the pot lately Ms. Kettle? I don't see where you have kept to those rules either. You say they are at the beginning of the thread but are you sure you haven't just written down your own version on the back of an envelope and then added them in your above reply. Obviously I could check the beginning of the thread but I would lose the edit window.

I think it is disgraceful the way you have insulted poor Oscar. That is before I even mention your outrageous comments on alcholism and bestiality well, quite frankly I am shocked.

[ 03. October 2014, 17:07: Message edited by: Alicïa ]

Posts: 884 | From: Where the Art is. | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

I resent your scurrilous contentions. I have been properly offended every step of the way.. Go check yourself. Offense offense offense. Because for me it is not a game but a Higher Calling.

--------------------

Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

I resent your resentment of YOUR projected scurrilous intentions, your IMproper offensive offendednessness, every offensive step of the offensive way. Go OFFEND yourself. You OFFENDER you. ooooOOOOOOOH!!!!! Higher calling my ... hat.

--------------------
Love wins

Alicïa
Shipmate
# 7668

- Posted      Profile for Alicïa   Email Alicïa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Your hat Martin? It's not the only hat in town. Lots of people have hats, have you considered that? I thought not. It's all me, me, me, with you lately.

--------------------
"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world." Georgia Elma Harkness

Posts: 884 | From: Where the Art is. | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
fullgospel
Shipmate
# 18233

- Posted      Profile for fullgospel   Author's homepage   Email fullgospel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
how very dare you drag in all the haTS - and haTters !

I turn my hatty face !

witness our hand this 4th day of October in the year o o l 2045 [Help] [Help]

--------------------

fullgospel
Shipmate
# 18233

oh noooo -- now the true offence of duplicity / doubleness !

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

It is good that your gospel is full because your post is empty.
A skinny, twig of a post with nothing to grasp onto. You enter the banquet hall and present a small, weedy, limp stalk of celery. Into a sommelier's personal cellar and you bring grape juice. You strut in to a house of style wearing a formless bag. You drive the Nuremberg Ring in a Reliant Robin.
In other words, you fit right in with the rest of these peasants.
More is the pity.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

Excuse me? Some of us take great pride in our small, weedy, limp stalk of celery. Your comments are flaccidist.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

This is the thing with a post like that. It's gonna draw either mousethief or Chastmastr or both, and they are gonna be all over this thread like flies on a ribroast with puns of escalating horrrificness. Have some foresight before you post pun- bait.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What is wrong with puns? Are we now going to have an anti-pun campaign? Surely the pun is the essence of humour, the highest attainable level? Is pun-ism going to be the Nest Great Oppression?

Without the pun, where's the fun?

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Good God, that sounds jusy like something GHW Bush would say, complete with dramatic pauses and uneccesary hand gestures. Thank you for bringing back haunting memories of the First Bush era. I dedicate my nightmares to you.

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

I am deeply offended that you so summarily dismiss that era which is to all sane members of the human species the apotheosis of the pinnacle of human evolu - um ... creation.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am deeply shocked that a purported man of the cloth would stutter at such a word as evolu-wotsit!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Why are you dragging cheesy corn-based snacks into this? Wotsits are too messy. What's wrong with Hula Hoops?

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

Wotsits, Hula Hoops, you'll be bringing Monster Munch into it next. What is wrong with the simple, humble packet of crisps? Although I really think dragging food around is the height of bad manners and a disgraceful waste of food.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016