homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Offencesenslessness (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  10  11  12 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Offencesenslessness
Cthulhu
PRAY TO BE EATEN FIRST
# 16186

- Posted      Profile for Cthulhu   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
SILENCE, MORTALS! YOUR INSIPID PULING AFFRONTS ME TO THE TIPS OF MY TENTACLES. PITY? THEY WHO LOOK ON THE BLOODIED HUSKS OF HUMAN FLESH THAT REMAIN ON THIS THREAD WILL PITY THE INSIGNIFICANT BIPEDS WHO INCURRED MY WRATH!

(and seriously, does not Ms. Beals maintain a Bacall-esque level of grace and dignity as she recites every word for penis in the English language? Several probosci are quite erect right now.)

--------------------
I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL. Nothing personal.

Posts: 78 | From: R'lyeh | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have no wish to know about the state of your probosci, thank you very much. That sort of thing (or those things) really shouldn't be discussed in polite society, or indeed any sort of society. At least, that's what my parents told me.
Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, go learn to think for yourself, rather than dragging your mother into everything. I agree that it was tasteless, even for an elder god, and the less I have to think about anything's throbbing desperate tumescence the better, but that's because I know it's bad.

Me. Not anyone else. Me.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There you go, making it all about you and what you think. Did your mother never teach you to take others' views into consideration? So that you don't give offence?
Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Some of us don't have to be taught. Some of us are capable of discerning the universal moral law.

Also, think of the orphans! What would you say to those who had no mothers, hmm?

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There you go, reminding us of Oliver Twist and Little Orphan Annie and the Little Match Girl and all the other so-called characters whose cutesy antics attempt to provoke sickening clouds of sentimental tears from any reader rash enough to go near Victorian literature. Now I'm going to have to go and find the brain bleach.

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Posts: 10567 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Below the Lansker
Shipmate
# 17297

- Posted      Profile for Below the Lansker     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So you accord Oliver Twist the dignity of his own name, whilst bestowing the demeaning 'little' on Orphan Annie and that heroine of late Victorian commercio-capitalist enterprise, Match Girl!!! Do you not realise how aintiquated this makes you sound, how mysoginistic, how totally unreconstructed? Drag yourself into the modern age, please, and don't sully the board with the very Victorian attitudes you so lamely attempt to critique. [Disappointed]
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I be mightily offended by the lot of ye! 'Tis International Talk Like a Pirate Day and none here be participatin' [Disappointed]
I be affixin' a plank to the ship's larboard and ye'll do me the courtesy of walking off it. If ye scurvy dogs make me stagger away from me ration o' rum and poke yer barnacled backsides to do it, I will. But, as punishment, I'll be recitin' Ariston's love poetry* at ya 'til yer ears sink below the water. And I'll be throwin' in copy sos Davy Jones can continue.
Ya poxy buggers!

*Overheard, not directly received, just to be clear. Arrrrr.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Below the Lansker
Shipmate
# 17297

- Posted      Profile for Below the Lansker     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
... make me stagger away from me ration o' rum and poke yer barnacled backsides ...

... and we're the poxy buggers? I think the veil has been lifted on your proclivities, Horny, and it's not a pretty sight ...
Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Poxy buggers, talk like a pirate day? Do ninjas have a talk like a ninja day? Of course not. They don't need one. Pirates need a day on which everybody talks like them in order to protect them from their awareness of their own inadequacy, but ninjas are just naturally superior. And of course silent and deadly.

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll tell 'ee what Pirates need; they need to pitch and hit, or the Bucs won't be playing ball come October.

C'mon the Burgh!

[ 19. September 2013, 20:56: Message edited by: Sioni Sais ]

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I refuse to spend the entire day talking like Sean Parker. Do you know what that douche did to Big Sur?

(and Cthulhu, as much as I agree about Beals's class, how can you talk about Bacall when the obvious comparison is Pola Negri?)

[ 20. September 2013, 04:01: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pirates may have been murdering, bloodthirsty thieves but that is a pretty low comparison.
As far as Pola, phroar, but Bacall's voice, oh my. Oh. My.
Shame on you Kelly! Making making me drool on my keyboard and erm, well, we will leave it at that.

Side note. So Cthulhu is what you call the other voice in your head? Well, one of the other voices. Hmm, what are the others called, I wonder?

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Alicïa
Shipmate
# 7668

- Posted      Profile for Alicïa   Email Alicïa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I just hoped you cleaned your keyboard dear after drooling all over it! Don't you know that's how germs are spread? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world." Georgia Elma Harkness

Posts: 884 | From: Where the Art is. | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You are aware that this modern hyper obsession with germs has lead to the oversterilization of our public spaces, and thus to supergerms? You know, supergerms, germs that have been hit by so many varieties of hand gels, counter sprays, antibiotics, liquid soaps, and doorknob-rinses that they are sublimely resistant and our immune systems cower before them?

Thank you for your contribution.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Below the Lansker
Shipmate
# 17297

Hunni-bunni, your whole post smacks of a bobtail mired in the depths of denial. All this talk of supergerms and immune system malfunction is a carefully mounted smokescreen to divert attention from the plethora of dustballs and mould patches that adorn (or, as you would no doubt say, "add character") to your fetid little burrow. Pick up your scourer and break open the bleach, and join the rest of us in a bright new tomorrow. After all, as I learned in Sunday School, cleanliness is next to godliness.
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Have you been ripping pages out of the dictionary again? There should be pages and pages of words starting with the letters D to F. Have you been smoking them again?

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What's with the again again - I am aware that flightless birds have limited vocabulary but...

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

How dare you suggest penguins cannot fly! Haven't you heard of the power in one's dreams?
Dreams are all she has!
Birds are graceful, beautiful, wonderful define creatures; who daily soar above the mundane. But Smudgie is a penguin, so at least allow her to pretend!

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Below the Lansker
Shipmate
# 17297

How cruel of you to point out Tweetie's limitations and the implication that all she has are her dreams of soaring with the eagles, whilst her somewhat dumpy, rotund form remains tethered to mundane reality. [Disappointed] Just because she may be somewhat lacking in height and blessed with a capacious girth, this does not mean that she cannot attain great feats of speed and grace whilst launching herself off the ice-floes, her little flippers gaily flapping as she breasts the waves. Do not allow your mind to be limited by stereotyped views of avian fauna, but rather allow yourself to see the virtues of the, shall we say, alternatively blessed.
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Certainly, remind the poor dear about the freezing conditions she lives in by mentioning ice floes. And launching herself into the sea? What of the leopard seals waiting below to devour her? Not to mention killer whales, sharks,....

And "breasting" the waves? I'll thank you not to perv on our poor penguin!
She is a mountain of depravity without your help.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And why should our poor penguin not be 'perved' over as you so indelicately put it? Should the beautiful plumage of the penguin not be appreciated, even as her sister the peacock?

Too cold, lilBuddha, too cold.

[ 21. September 2013, 22:49: Message edited by: ArachnidinElmet ]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

I kind of agree, actually, but where do YOU get off addressing Smudgie as your sister? Have you put the hours in? Has she kicked your ass 3,765 times on Facebook Scrabble? If not, you can only hope to be a cousin or something.

And what the hell is the "rhubarb triangle"? Talk about pervy....

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Must you really stoop to mocking someone's location name, Bunny? Especially since it's a real region named after a real [albeit disgusting] foodstuff, rather than an obscure 80s lyric?

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Was that a heightist comment I saw there, Mamacita? [Roll Eyes] I know our Kelly is somewhat challenged in the sense-of-humour department, but that's no reason to make pointed comments about her having to stoop when her nose is about as close as you can get to the ground to start with. You can afford to be a bit more generous to our vertically-challenged fluffball.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Vertically-challenged? You use this heightist euphemism while challenging heightism?
This, Madam, is sad. Very, very sad. We are normal height, unlike these pituitary freaks, these throwbacks to Gigantopithecus. Cater not to these two-legged, spotless giraffes; these shaved Sasquatch; these tall people.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

Are you saying that sad is a bad thing? Isn't that just typical of this shallow instant gratification generation? As has been said, sad is like happy for deep people.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

You are so right, Dafyd. We are so encouraged to put on a false front and hurry through our traumas, that we never get to truly feel our feelings.

For instance-- I feel oppressed and harried that, of all quotes you had to throw around, you chose one that has been thrown around about 575 times on these boards. How much am I to endure? I mean, we all love Kerri Mulligan, but come on.

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Oh, you need mulligans now, do you? What happened to playing honestly without any sort of do over? Are we children?

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Below the Lansker
Shipmate
# 17297

Buddsy, is the rhetorical question the only discursive device in your somewhat paltry armoury? Three in a row can be considered overkill, you know. And although it may be somewhat simplistically stated that a rhetorical question is one that is asked without expectation of an answer, your final question begs a suitable riposte. Are we children? Clearly, some of us are. And who, pray tell, is Kerri Mulligan? Flaunting your acquaintance with the great philosophers de nos jours might be considered a form of vanity.
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

who... who.. WHO IS KERRI MULLIGAN???

[Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

SHE'S SALLY SPARROW, YOU MORON!

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Below the Lansker:
Flaunting your acquaintance with the great philosophers de nos jours might be considered a form of vanity.

Sort of like tossing in the occasional phrase en français.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Now you really are causing offense, you and that lanky fellow ahead of you. I am a poor circus host come here for a bit of light relief at realising how inoffensive I am in comparison with my highly obnoxious shipmates here, and you are making me learn Forrin languages in order to understand your paltry posts. Could you please inform the world what en francais means en anglais? I don't want to have to look things up and then discover they're just garbage like the rest of your whitterings.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Whitterings? We don't need no stinkin' whitterings up in here, yo! Smudgie, smudgie, smudge-a-roo, your beaky-geekness is offending my super intelligent brain stem.

--------------------
God gave me my face but She let me pick my nose.

Posts: 3451 | From: Tacoma, WA USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

How dare you! I discover a wonderful programme, only to find it is no more. And you must cruely remind me. Though it might be appropriate that the final word of your post matches the lyric of a particular character.....

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

uffda
Shipmate
# 14310

- Posted      Profile for uffda   Email uffda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Simmer down, lil B, simmer down. We dare speak the truth to you because you're a Shipmate, are you not? A co-denizen of the deep seas? No double talk in here, just truth, brutal, honest truth.
You don't see Smudgie daring, do you? Or that bunny? Troubling, yes, but not daring! I'm offended that you're lowering the Ship's standards by all this daring talk. And I've only just found out that we HAVE standards!

--------------------
Invincibly ignorant and planning to stay that way!

Posts: 1031 | From: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
roybart
Shipmate
# 17357

- Posted      Profile for roybart   Email roybart   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is there anything more tedious than someone who discovers "we have standards" and then starts preaching them in great detail at every possible occasion.

It's a slippery slope, uffda. I mean: preaching hectoring, lecturing, and spewing out your own morality like some third-rate Mrs. Grundy. Take a course in patience and tolerance, for God's sake.

--------------------
"The consolations of the imaginary are not imaginary consolations."
-- Roger Scruton

Posts: 547 | From: here | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Honestly, do you have to be so offensive to dear Ufflepuff, when I've so missed his contributions to this thread. Sending him off on training courses when he should be here, adding his inevitably offensive six penn'orth to bring a whiff of quality to the run-of-the-mill quantity of offense you others provide.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Below the Lansker
Shipmate
# 17297

quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
who... who.. WHO IS KERRI MULLIGAN???

[Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

SHE'S SALLY SPARROW, YOU MORON!

Hunni-Bunni, did no-one ever tell you that when it comes to smilies, less is more? [Razz]
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

And did anyone ever tell you that a petty allegiance to meaningless mores is a sign of a small mind?

Sorry, did I use too many big words there? I'll simplify it. Don't tell me what to do. There, all one syllable.

ETA [Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

ETA2: Dont' jump around in line.

[ 24. September 2013, 23:40: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

Good God, Bunbun, all that yellow-green, all that animation, all that pointless contrarianism.
Are you really necessary?

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

You. You. monochromatic, duplicitous traitor. How you manage to be two-faced and monochromatic is a wonder. But then every word out of your mouth is a wonder-- a wonder of churlish abuse.

As for that last-- my eyes are opened. I am Linus, you are my Lucy. She, too wished Linus had never been born. The theological implications are staggering.

--------------------

roybart
Shipmate
# 17357

- Posted      Profile for roybart   Email roybart   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Linus. Lucy. My God, you are actually resorting to references to the comic strips!!! How low can you get? How I miss the old days on Ship of Fools -- the neiges d'antan, if you will -- when high-minded posters came and went, talking of Michelangelo.

--------------------
-- Roger Scruton

uffda
Shipmate
# 14310

- Posted      Profile for uffda   Email uffda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I can tell that, never having met you, except on these pages, you should not remind us of last year's snow but rather souffleuses à neige de l'année dernière, as it is apparent you are better at blowing than snowing.

And thank you, dear Smudgie, for your complimentary tone. I shan't take it too seriously however, because you're most likely sharpening your beak, after thinking you've softened me up. [Big Grin]

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Royboy,
You complain of cartoon yet speak of ninja turtles.
And Uff dear, I would complain of your not translating that bit of French if it weren't a greater crime that you do not translate your words of English.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

I take offense at your offensive junior hosting.
Don't you know that's my job?
Not junior hosting.
Senior hosting.
Don't you see the grey hairs adorning my head as a badge of honour?
And you lot - quit with the horrendous showing off of your rudimentary grasp of forrin languages. It's a sign you don't know what you're talking about when even you can't translate it.

(Spot the hostly comment there without making the effort to clamber onto the hosting rock and wave a hostly herring in the air? Remember that the rules apply even here, won't you? Translation needed if you're going to try to impress us with your French)

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

uffda
Shipmate
# 14310

Duly chastised, I will simply say that, not being an aficionado of the French language myself, I was intrigued by Roybart's "neiges d'antan." I'm afraid I exposed it to my Bing translator only to discover that it referred to "last year's snow." Using the same translator, I wondered what "last year's snowblower" would sound like in French.
I have to admit it did sound better in French, yet I left a clue.

Sad to say, the pointed beak of the bird has struck, and very nearly wiped my avatarish smirk right off my face. I'm tempted to say "Au revoir!" but I will, in deference to that pesky penquin simply say: "See ya later!"

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

You know what's cruelest about all that? You're using Google Translate to make yourself look smarter. The translator is to be used only to check your work in languages you already speak near-perfectly—indeed, it's great at showing places you're likely to screw up, because it already has—but only for this. Here you go adding to the impression that everyone here speaks French, when, really, none of you do.

Jerks.

--------------------

roybart
Shipmate
# 17357

Well, don't think I didn't catch your hamfisted allusion to The Waste Land, Ariston. Google first, then cannibalize, seems to be your default mode. This is a Christian site. Stealing other people's material and showing off is NOT Christian. Try a little honesty and humility. Come to think of it, try a little silence. Most of all, stop calling the rest of us "Jerks." That pun is bad, even in Ugro-Finnish).

[Edited to correct mistypings that were due to my outrage at Ariston's post.]

[ 25. September 2013, 15:00: Message edited by: roybart ]

--------------------
-- Roger Scruton

Below the Lansker
Shipmate
# 17297

roybart, allow me to offer you some timely and well-intentioned advice: you won't get far in this game by picking fights with Psycho-bunny and Lil' Tweetie and then adding insult to injury by calling Ariston a bit of a porker - 'hamfisted allusion' indeed. [Disappointed] A little more respect for our beloved Hosts and Admins, please, comme il faut. Modesty forbids me from setting myself on a pedestal as a model of propriety and sportsmanship in the game, but you really could do worse than follow my example.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  10  11  12 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016