homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Offencesenslessness (Page 5)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  10  11  12 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Offencesenslessness
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Why are you plumapomophesizing your posts by talking about "draining ink?" Or do you print out everything we post here? if so, I hope you delete out your posts so as not to waste ink.

Oh, and while we're on the subject of your useless posts-- I heartily invite you to feel the dullness of my axe. Any day of the week, mac.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dullness of your ax? Dullness of YOUR ax?! Humph! Threatening violence? You offend me! And then, if threatening us isn't enough, you mention mac. I suppose you have some to-die-for macaroni and cheese recipe that you're flaunting? You won't share, that much is obvious. What's that offensive noise? Oh, that's me sobbing at the injustice of one Kelly Alves.

--------------------
God gave me my face but She let me pick my nose.

Posts: 3451 | From: Tacoma, WA USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh Mary, pulling the tears card is very offensive. Woman up and stand in hasenpfeffer's face. It is not the dullness of her axe which is offensive, but the her dullness of wit.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
People in glass asylums shouldn't throw the pottery they made in Occupational Therapy around.

(Now see? That was pristine, if I do say do. See what one can accomplish if they put their heart into it?

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pristine? Like you'd know anything about that, wallowing about in your Crazyland like you do. And why would you suggest anyone would throw pottery? It's so lovely, so well-glazed, and you'd do something to break it, Philistine? For shame! Have you no sensitivity to beauty, no responsiveness to humanity's long-cultivated aesthetic sense? You probably have a whole collection of Thomas Kinkade prints hanging up in your house for all to see, don't you?

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Self agrandisement and then failing to close the parentheses - how are the mighty fallen! Perhaps English Grammar 101 would be a worthwhile, if tough, challenge.

[x-post with the washing machine person]

[ 01. October 2013, 02:51: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Oh, HELL no. [Mad]

I see both those comments were directed at me-- what else is new, being a celebrity is so arduous-- so I'll skip over the annoying pettiness and go straight for the malicious libel.

THOMAS KINKADE???!!! I know where you live, punk, I saved that envelope! Take it back or your shot glass collection is history!!

--------------------

The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
All this obscure gobbledygook is an offense to the people who have to take time out of their busy lives to try to make sense of it. ALL of you are guilty! Guilty! Guilty!

--------------------

uffda
Shipmate
# 14310

- Posted      Profile for uffda   Email uffda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Why are you so up in arms, Bun Hun, about Thomas Kincade? Why after briefly perusing the Wiki article on him, I might nominate him for patron saint of the Ship! May I quote one disgruntled art dealer: "Most of my clients got involved with Kinkade because it was presented as a religious opportunity. Being defrauded is awful enough, but doing it in the name of God is really despicable."

The lot of you are always trotting out "I thought this was a Christian website," tripe. I say the spirit of Kinkade lives! Substitute the words "The Ship" for "Kinkade" in the above quote, and you'll see an apt description of the goings on here. That's why those of us whose virgin ears may become pregnant are duly offended!

--------------------
Invincibly ignorant and planning to stay that way!

Posts: 1031 | From: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What, are you the Queen of Hearts now? tossing guilty verdicts helter skelter into the air?
I'll have you know, if you are referencing Lewis Carrol and gobbledygook, Jabberwocky is the work you seek. Though, I do have to admit your accusation is correct. And this offends me greatly.

x-post with the lutefisk. Guess he heard gobbledygook and came running.

ETA: The only thing virgin about you, lefse-boy, is your left hand.

[ 01. October 2013, 03:20: Message edited by: lilBuddha ]

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well namaste to you, horny! Why you've been stalking our lefse slicer in his private moments of one man good time review (and even know he's not ambidextrous) is beside the current point. No, what's really offensive is that you forgot Hunting of the Snark. To ignore a work of world literature by one of England's finest mathematicians and set theoreticians ought to be beneath even you!

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Below the Lansker
Shipmate
# 17297

- Posted      Profile for Below the Lansker     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Time, I think for a quality moment, and upon whom should the lot fall but upon moi? This thread has now plumbed the depths of intellectual and moral turpitude when we have several posters (you know who you are [Disappointed] ) discussing gobbledeygook through the medium of gobbledeygook. It's bad enough when people talk absolute nonsense without even realising it (pace Bun-buns, Tweetie, Buddsy, duffa, etc.), but I despair for the future of humanity when a formerly august presence on the thread (yes, you, Frigidaire) is dragged down into the lexical mudflats.
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I fail to see how making comments on the intellectual and moral turpitude displayed on this thread is either helpful or accurate. It should be clear to all that further depths can easily be plumbed. Why limit yourself and us? [Disappointed]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Don't you know that the word plumb means the use of lead pipes that carry water? You are effectively advocating lead poisoning. We didn't take lead out of petrol just so that we could damage vulnerable children's precious brains by reintroducing lead to pipes. Are you working for the petrol or the motor industry by any chance?

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Posts: 10567 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

So you would bankrupt the lead industry simply to protect the filthy little disease vectors known as children? You are thinking it could damage their brains? You have obviously no experience with children, they are patently insane.
Wait a moment, I am rethinking this. Children are clearly unbalanced, but if we make them more so, where would we put them? The Circus needs only so many hosts....

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

If being mentally unbalanced is the necessary and sufficient qualification for hosting the Circus, then I think you just nominated yourself for Velodrome Marshal #4 there, Skeletor.
Be glad that the job also requires charm, panache, and wit, or at least a tolerance for reading about cricket few mortals possess.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If charm, panache, and wit are some of the essential criteria for any particular post please explain how a washing machine managed to qualify.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Woddewick, I'm disappointed this didn't occur to you, re. your washing machine question. (Although I cant find any reference to "washing machine")
It depends on if it's a top-loader, or a front-loader.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

quote:
Originally posted by Pearl B4 Swine:
although I cant find any reference to "washing machine")

Do keep up, sweetie. And asking whether he is a top-loader or bottom loader is rather rude and personal. We do maintain a level of decorum here after all. Well, some of us do. Well, we should.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Why should Ariston have to hide his loading preference? Have you not read The Well of Loneliness? Shouldn't we, his friends-- well, friends is a strong word, but we're probably the best he can do-- shouldn't we support the free expression of his laundering?

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

I prefer The Dark Wife, but.....wait a moment. The best he can do? My simply acknowledging their presence is the best anyone can hope for.
Seriously, girl, you need to work your attitude.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
...Seriously, girl, you need to work your attitude.

Passing over without mention the rampant sexism & ageism of referring to our beloved Kelly as a girl rather than as a Lady of a Certain Age I am appalled that you should ask her to work her attitude - how, pray, does one do that?

Work ON her attitude, work AT her attitude - yes, but work her attitude as if attitude was akin to bread dough that needs working?

Please at least attempt to write in coherent English, this is, after all, purportedly an English speaking board.

--------------------

Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Do you have to indulge in such anthropomorphism? I think you will find that the board itself is pretty silent, it cannot speak. It is a piece of software, not a living being.

A board on which English is written by its contributors would be more accurate.

Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
roybart
Shipmate
# 17357

- Posted      Profile for roybart   Email roybart   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lucia:
Do you have to indulge in such anthropomorphism? I think you will find that the board itself is pretty silent, it cannot speak. It is a piece of software, not a living being.

A board on which English is written by its contributors would be more accurate.

Where do I begin? How do I dismiss, thee; let me count the ways.

Have you not heard, Lucia, of metaphor? Of personification? Are we to write here as though SofF were some dreary technical manual, just because some of you don't get the larger capacity of human language? Plod along on your literalist path, Lucia, if you must. But don't lecture us for refusing to plod along with you.

[ 03. October 2013, 12:34: Message edited by: roybart ]

--------------------
"The consolations of the imaginary are not imaginary consolations."
-- Roger Scruton

Posts: 547 | From: here | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Below the Lansker
Shipmate
# 17297

- Posted      Profile for Below the Lansker     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by roybart:
Where do I begin? How do I dismiss, thee; let me count the ways.

Have you not heard, rhubarb, of punctuation? Are we to write here as if the question mark had never been invented or as if it were perfectly legitimate to separate a verb from its object with a comma? [Disappointed] Once again, I am obliged (by my universally acknowledged noblesse et savoir-faire) to sally forth setting standards and establishing a model of behaviour for you all to emulate. Sweetness and light are my middle names.
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

It's time for a reformulation of Godwin's Law: rather than comparing someone to a Nazi means you've lost the argument, perhaps being a grammar Nazi means you've lost it. Is that the best we can do now, arguing not over the substance, but over nitpicky details that vary from one style guide to another? Is this the old ad homenem tomb whitewashed to make it acceptable to polite society? Is this just a reflection of the fact that grammar is easy, but philosophy and logic are not?

So stuff it up your sandwich hole, Baconator.

--------------------

roybart
Shipmate
# 17357

- Posted      Profile for roybart   Email roybart   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Below the Lansker: if you intend to pose as a punctuation expert, please read the appropriate entries in Strunk & White first. (And do so with more care than you have been applying to this thread so far.)

Ariston: why thank you for defending me. You make me want to forget lilBuddha's warning in the OP.

quote:
[W]hen addressing Ariston, use small words and easy references.

--------------------
-- Roger Scruton

roybart
Shipmate
# 17357

quote:
Below the Sweetness and Light Lansker : if you intend to pose as a punctuation expert, please read the appropriate entries in Strunk & White first. (And do so with more attention to accuracy than you have been demonstrating on this thread so far.)

Ariston: why thank you for defending me. You make me want to forget lilBuddha's warning in the OP.

quote:
[W]hen addressing Ariston, use small words and easy references.

--------------------
-- Roger Scruton

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

Dude/ette, if you're going to edit your post, click the "edit post" button, not the quote button. Quoting yourself as an authority is ever so conceited.

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Gracious, Ariston. That which he posted lacked merit to be posted and yet you merely critique the technique.
Sure, complain the wrong fork was used when the dish was not worth plating in the first.
Speaking of faux pas, ditch the white size 24's, labour day is long gone.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

"Labour" Day? Why Buddhette! Let me enlighten you: there are places that have a holiday called Labor Day. There are also places where it's spelled "labour." Those aren't the same places. Get it right, mmkay?

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Again the form over content. All missing the point. I am attempting to bring people together and you insist in separating everyone.
You bring forth a truth; the Circus is not about pleasure, but pain. Not about joy, but despair. What face behind the mask, sad clown?

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

uffda
Shipmate
# 14310

- Posted      Profile for uffda   Email uffda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hey, lilB! Never worry, never fear, you DO bring people together. Why every time you post a response the offense meter goes off the charts! Shipmates of every stripe and locale are one in taking offense! Keep up the good work!

--------------------

Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Isn't this typical of the modern bureaucratic technocratic mentality? Everything has to be measured and metered. Now it's the turn of offence to have a metric. What's it measured in? Whitehouses? Mails? I shudder to think. I suppose they'll be measuring whimsy next.

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Posts: 10567 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
roybart
Shipmate
# 17357

quote:
Originally posted by Dafyd:
I shudder to think. I suppose they'll be measuring whimsy next.

Confused again, Dafyd? It may surprise you to learn that Peter Wimsey (note the correct spelling) is a FICTIONAL character. Although he is described as tall, he cannot actually be "measured" in a literal sense. I realize this will be frustrating to a literalist like you.

quote:
What's it measured in? Whitehouses?
As to the White House (a real place whose name is composed of two words, not one)-- this has been measured on numerous occasions, both in metric and in U.S. and British customary units.

My advice to you would be: "Think" more so that the rest of us will have to "shudder" less.

--------------------
-- Roger Scruton

Below the Lansker
Shipmate
# 17297

quote:
It may surprise you to learn that Peter Wimsey (note the correct spelling) is a FICTIONAL character.

I am shocked and outraged, rhubarb, that you do not observe the simplest and most basic rules of etiquette. The personage of whom you speak may be a fictional character, but he is a titled Lord, and should be spoken of as such. You speak of him as if he were your accountant.
[Disappointed]

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

I will tell you my accountant is of greater importance to me than any Lord. A Lord is merely the descendent of a bully or boot licker. An accountant has earned their position. And they do more than idly lie about the landscape.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I can't say I have noticed anyone lying about the landscape so far - what is the point of being stuck in the middle of urban sprawl and remarking how delightful it is to be in primary forest?

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Stuck in the middle of urban sprawl?" Some of us like city life, the wonder of good architecture, the curves of a city skyline, the history that rises up around you at every turn, the bustle of people coming and going, the evidence of successful industry, the cultural institutions, the rainbow of humans of many ancestries. You would demean such beauty, such liveliness?

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Below the Lansker
Shipmate
# 17297

quote:
Originally posted by Mamacita:
... the bustle of people coming and going... You would demean such beauty, such liveliness?

You have the nerve to call yourself a "lakefront liberal" and use an avatar which would have us believe you to be a Bright Young Thing, whilst all the time hankering for the days of whalebone corsets, petticoats and bustles, frills and flounces. Marmoset, some of us are endowed with the sort of statuesque physique which requires no further enhancement or adornment with the posterior padding that appears to be your Magnificent Obsession.
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by Below the Lansker:
Marmoset, some of us are endowed with the sort of statuesque physique which requires no further enhancement or adornment with the posterior padding that appears to be your Magnificent Obsession.

Oh, my ass.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Kelly, I am more than a little upset that, living in an urban area you should keep a donkey - don't you know that these beautiful creatures need fields and grass and open spaces!

--------------------

Below the Lansker
Shipmate
# 17297

quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
Oh, my ass.

Said I something amiss, Bun-buns?
[Confused]

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

This is my favorite part of the game, when 1. someone either actually takes offense, or 2. thinks that someone is actually offended.

Weren't you talking about asses--- sorry, Ahrses--or did I get you all wrong?

Wouldn't be the first time. [Frown]

I don't know how you all put up with me. [Frown] [Frown]

NOBODY LOVES ME! [Waterworks] [Waterworks] [Waterworks]

--------------------

The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

Oh, Kelly Snookums! I looove you! Except that you're beating me in Scrabble AND "Angry Birds"!! Seriously, it's offensive how you can just waltz right in and start racking up these impossible to beat scores in a game that requires one to shoot birds at grinning green pigs! Oh, the humanity!

So, I love you but yet, I hate you. How intriguing, innit?!

--------------------

Below the Lansker
Shipmate
# 17297

quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
I don't know how you all put up with me. [Frown] [Frown]

NOBODY LOVES ME! [Waterworks] [Waterworks] [Waterworks]

Hunni-bunni, it's a Christian website - we're duty-bound to put up with you - crosses we have to bear and all that. But not only do we put up with you, we love you too. In the words of the cheesy chorus that did the rounds in the 70s ...

I love you with the love of the Lord,
Yes I love you with the love of the Lord.
If it weren't for grace,
I'd punch you in the face
But I love you with the love of the Lord.

[Angel]

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

You remember songs from the '70s?
Goodness gracious I'd no idea what a greybeard you are. Here I am thinking you are a spotty-faced teen and find you are a spotty-arsed pensioner. I, of course, mean this with all due respect. Or as mum would say, "Let the codger have his moment, he's so few left."

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Your mother may have taught you this but she clearly failed to instill any respect into you for the senior members of society. You'll be old yourself one day... (probably - unless the Bunny with the axe gets you first or something)
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

I am offended you would think this. I was taught to have respect for my elders and I do. For you, I have loads of respect. Loads and loads and loads and...

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

uffda
Shipmate
# 14310

As long as we're sharing the love...

Lil B I do love your posts, I really do.
I love imagining what a scarred and twisted life you must have led, to make you work it all out on these posts, don't you know?
You can tell by my ever-present smirk, that I'm telling you the truth.

And Kelly, dear Bun, I love you too. We don't have much now, but we'll always have Luther.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  10  11  12 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016