homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Offencesenslessness (Page 6)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Offencesenslessness
Below the Lansker
Shipmate
# 17297

- Posted      Profile for Below the Lansker     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I rather fear we have crossed a line here, duffa. Drawing our attention to Buddsy's "scarred and twisted life" (sick) is hardly conducive to edification, moral or otherwise. Definitely a case of "Don't even go there". As for what you may or may not have had with Bun-buns, well that is definitely a chapter of "Floppsy Bunny" that is best left unopened. Bring me the brain bleach now.
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And how do you think poor Luther feels being shuttled back and forth between the two of you? Take care to not use him as your post tryst pawn.
There, there, Luther. Whose the good little Reformationist?

ETA: It is sic not sick when clarifying that you are merely repeating how something was written. And it is to appear within the quotes. Unless you were attempting to use the adjective sick. either way, a grammatical nightmare. Do try harder, võileib poiss.*

*Estonian for sandwich boy. Yes, Estonian! Do you know how many bloody languages use sandwich for sandwich?

[ 07. October 2013, 17:12: Message edited by: lilBuddha ]

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
roybart
Shipmate
# 17357

- Posted      Profile for roybart   Email roybart   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm still trying to fathom the significance of lilBuddha's pathetic attempt to impress us by punning in Estonian.

So, while I mull a proper Urgo-Finnish rejoinder, let me tell you all (in English) what really offends me about this thread -- i.e., the frequent use of patronizing, puerile, dim-witted, and demeaning nicknames for fellow Ship Mates.

I mean such terms as ... Hunni-bunni, Bun Hun, lefsy-boy, Tweetie, duffa, Buddsy, Buddhette, Sweetie, and two particularly sophomoric examples which have been used to insult me personally: rhubarb and Dude/ette.

I do get that these are attempts to be humorous. But isn't one of the key requirements for humor (among educated adults at least) that it actually be funny?

--------------------
"The consolations of the imaginary are not imaginary consolations."
-- Roger Scruton

Posts: 547 | From: here | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Unbelievable that you would raise the movie "Urgo" and decide that somehow the Finns were in on it, and worse misspell it. It is "Argo' and it was actually and truly a Canadian caper, which they turned into an American thing, and then you suggest Fins also were involved in this. How could you?!

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Below the Lansker
Shipmate
# 17297

- Posted      Profile for Below the Lansker     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by roybart:
... let me tell you all (in English) what really offends me about this thread -- i.e., the frequent use of patronizing, puerile, dim-witted, and demeaning nicknames for fellow Ship Mates.

I mean such terms as ... Hunni-bunni, Bun Hun, lefsy-boy, Tweetie, duffa, Buddsy, Buddhette, Sweetie, and two particularly sophomoric examples which have been used to insult me personally: rhubarb and Dude/ette.

Oh, get a life, ripefart.
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In 44 hours and 61 minutes, this is all you managed?
Clearly you need a higher quality filling between your obviously stale bread. Ditch the iceberg for romaine, for a start; perhaps a tomato from the garden, instead of that Tesco bland thing you are using. And your bacon is obviously rancid, lending you the bitter disposition.
John Montague is turning in his grave, whilst not the most eloquent orator, he could well make his point.
But then, 'tis true, you have picked a lesser variety of his namesake as your standard. One that, in its best form, is lackluster and forgettable. Though, truly, you would need to improve tenfold to achieve even that.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Below the Lansker
Shipmate
# 17297

quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
In 44 hours and 61 minutes, this is all you managed?

Buddster, some of us have real lives to deal with and don't spend all of our time in our underwear glued to the computer monitor surrounded by empty pizza bozes, crushed lager cans and overflowing ashtrays. I find it quite touching that I am now being cyberstalked and at least one reader of these boards is hanging on my every word, and even counting the minutes before I post again.
Alicïa
Shipmate
# 7668

- Posted      Profile for Alicïa   Email Alicïa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sounds to me like someone ^ is upset that they have to tidy up once in a while and practice a discipline the rest of us call responsibility.
Boo hoo!

--------------------
"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world." Georgia Elma Harkness

Posts: 884 | From: Where the Art is. | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You know, if you are going to be offended and all, can you speak up and name names instead of aiming significant glances at people? How do we know what you mean? You might have an eyelash trapped under your lid or something.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:Originally posted by lilBuddha: In 44 hours and 61 minutes, this is all you managed?

BigBudda, do you really count time in increments of 61 minutes? Now, that's really different. What weird time-zone are you operating in? Wondering how you set your wake-up time. Hasn't your alarm clock exploded when you tried to set it to 6:61?

Pearlie - Amazed and offended

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Right, ignore the rules, why don't you? You're supposed to reply to that offensive frikkin' three-footed bunneh, not to some perceived slight to artificial pearls in front of plastic swine. Get with the program, people!

[ 13. October 2013, 04:02: Message edited by: Ariston ]

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ariston, Ariston, you're shouting again! Poor dear. You're a part-time street preacher, aren't you? How offensive. Please do have a sit down and a cup of tea, perhaps. You're getting in a dither about matters way above your pay grade. [Big Grin]

--------------------
God gave me my face but She let me pick my nose.

Posts: 3451 | From: Tacoma, WA USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hey, Ariston, old buddy, old pal. I tried to send you a private message but your PM box is full. THAT is really offensive! In fact, that's more offensive than anything that has ever been offensive, in the entire history of the world.

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Certainly it is more offensive that you cross boards with post. There is a thread for full PM boxes elsewhere.
Even more offensive is that you would PM the parti-coloured appliance.
Most offensive is enough have to fill his inbox! [Eek!]

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, I'll fill your inbox, baby...I mean, are you suggesting that I, the Star of the Ship, don't have any friends who write to me regularly? I'll have you know that I have lots of friends! Lots of them! And they love me! And they show it all the time! You should know that. You should all know that.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sounding a bit needy there Ariston. Who are you trying to convince, us or yourself?
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There is no need to call attention to poor poor Ariston's neediness. I understand that the dear boy is an attention whore, but pampering to that deep need within him is undoing months of therapy which we have been funding in a valiant effort to help him see past the fact that he has no friends and focus on the things he does have instead (like incredibly clean washing).

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear boy?

Are you colluding with his delusions again? Surely all by now know that he is really a wizened old man, a relic of the worst of the 60s, when he was already middle-aged, now living in a drug fuelled fantasy world. We have been trying to help him back to reality whilst you, in your unthinkingness, are merely making matters worse.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

Weasel, this is a family website, one that's suitable for families. And families cannot be exposed to drug references. Next thing you know, the wee ones will be researching the family Cannabicidae, trying to work out the connections between the various genera of the rosid superfamily, then, before long, you've got a budding botanist on your hands. Do you know what the job prospects for people with doctorates in botany are these days? They're shit, just like everyone else's job prospects! Mustelid you may be, scent glands you may have, but, even for you, encouraging unemployment, overeducation, and attempts at spontaneous human photosynthesis Just Plain Stinks.

--------------------

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Over education? *gasp* Frankly I'm shocked at finding such an attitude on this board, an acclaimed seat of learning in some areas, and from someone who clearly knows their Mustelids from their elbow. As someone who went to university to study issues surrounding arthritis in cod and llama-hair textiles, I tell you that all knowledge is precious. What is the world coming to?

[ 14. October 2013, 13:51: Message edited by: ArachnidinElmet ]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ArachnidinElmet:
Over education? *gasp* Frankly I'm shocked at finding such an attitude on this board, an acclaimed seat of learning in some areas, and from someone who clearly knows their Mustelids from their elbow. As someone who went to university to study issues surrounding arthritis in cod and llama-hair textiles, I tell you that all knowledge is precious. What is the world coming to?

You should get him going about Armadillidiidae.

Also, if you are going to ask what the world is coming to, you could at least try to provide an answer. The rest of us don't like to be left dangling like that.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Kelly! Have you no shame? The way you speak of spherical, blue dangling objects, in reference to clown-boy.
Rub it in, why don't you?

Although if you did....

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

Good God, you are the horny one. Is this descending back into hormone/mutual frustration fueled insanity again? Madam, I will not stand for that! This is a place of decorum. Of upright behavior. We have standards, which Shall Be Observed! There will be no double entendres here, not if I have anything to say about it!

--------------------

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Honestly. [Roll Eyes] We're all adults here; I certainly don't think there was anything in lilB's post to get het up about. But of course, if you really want a double entendre I could give you one.
Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

really why should I have to contend with the crotchety mutterings of some opinionated arachnid when there is that gorgeous little wood louse to moon over?

It pays to know when you have duly been upstaged. It is kind of embarrasing to see someone in denial about it.

[ 14. October 2013, 22:14: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Beautiful little thing isn't it? Unfortunately, the colour is due to a virus.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Nice, Subtle. Huge fucking guilt trip. Did my mom send you?

--------------------

Below the Lansker
Shipmate
# 17297

Buddsy and Bun-buns, why is it that when the two of you meet on this thread, it automatically degenerates into a plethora of soi-disant "smart" one-liners? Could it be that you will both ignore the underlying philosophy of the game and post any old tosh in a vain attempt to attract attention to yourselves? It's clear to anyone with the merest smidgeon of perspicacity that your threadbare attempts at humour are intended to draw attention away from the one person on the thread whose posts are eagerly awaited, stopwatch in hand ...
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

I was going to complain about something, but that clear reference to Yours Truly and how much everyone enjoys my posts made that unnecessary. Thank you, Lord Sandwich. I'm glad somebody appreciates my efforts.

You may now reset your stopwatch.

--------------------

Below the Lansker
Shipmate
# 17297

Well, someone's got to break the embarrassed silence, so it might as well be me. I am offended at all of you for not immediately rushing in to validate our beloved Frigidaire in his need for affirmation. We should all be helping him to shore up his obviously crumbling self-esteem, even at the risk of reinforcing his delusions of competence. Where is your sense of social duty ... have none of you heard of care in the community?
roybart
Shipmate
# 17357

- Posted      Profile for roybart   Email roybart   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Below the Lansker:
Well, someone's got to break the embarrassed silence,

And I should have known that that person would be you, Mr. Lansker. So much for the efficacy of my prayers for you to shut up for a while. I confess to having had fantasies of you joining the Trappists and taking their vow of silence, which your confessor wisely expanded to include typing on the internet. But this was not to be. Offended, I am, of course. But sad and disappointed as well. May I suggest sign language -- the Trappists, I believe, have an excellent version -- as an alternative to posting here?

[ 18. October 2013, 22:41: Message edited by: roybart ]

--------------------
-- Roger Scruton

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

BlT's very existence is offencive, yes. You missed his most recent offence, though in his defending the Appliance. Just recently in a beer thread, the refrigerator admits to liking Corona! Corona was never produced by Mexico for their own consumption, but as revenge for the United States' Invasion of Mexico. Proof positive it is not fit for drinking is that Anheiser felt it fit in their portfolio.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Below the Lansker
Shipmate
# 17297

Discussing beer on a Christian website? [Eek!]
Clearly, you are all in dire need of the cleansing spiritual salve of Chick tracts to cure you of your bondage to the Demon Drink. Frigidaire and Buddsy, you have plunged even further in my estimation. [Disappointed]

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am offended that you should think Frgidaire and Buddsy had plunged even lower - they were clearly at rock bottom already!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If that's not offensive to rocks, I don't know what is. Rocks are all around us being quietly useful. If it weren't for rocks we'd all tumble into the molten magma in the earth's core and burn to death.
Hug a rock today.

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Posts: 10567 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

If you are trying to imply that rocks rock then you are guilty of so many sins against the English language that I cannot even contemplate your penance!

--------------------

pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

- Posted      Profile for pimple   Email pimple   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The tautological impropriety is all your own, WW - go and wash your hands, please.

--------------------
In other words, just because I made it all up, doesn't mean it isn't true (Reginald Hill)

Posts: 8018 | From: Wonderland | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Alicïa
Shipmate
# 7668

- Posted      Profile for Alicïa   Email Alicïa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm offended that no one has posted in a week! [Disappointed]

Stick that one on your tautological rock & wash your fonts out with a dishwasher tablet.

--------------------
"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world." Georgia Elma Harkness

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Alicïa,
[Disappointed]
Pimple pops up from nowhere and erupts all over the otherwise clear thread and you must call attention. He pustulates the impropriety of our dear gaffer which is intolerable. Well, WW is fairly intolerable himself, but he cannot help being senile, decrepit and mouldy. And at his age needing to worry about a pimple! I am sure he has enough oozings and growths to occupy what is left of his mind.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

lilBuddha: Your in-depth description of oozings and pustules popping has made me want to puke large chunks of semi-digested homemade chicken noodle soup all over my sweet Dell laptop computer and that offends me more than I can possibly say--but I will attempt to say it, all the same. Must you go on and on about trajectories of boiling pus shooting out of pimples? Are you attempting to regale us with your knowledge of dermatological flora? I have this sneaking suspicion that blackheads fascinate you.

--------------------

Alban
Shipmate
# 9047

- Posted      Profile for Alban   Email Alban   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mary, Mary, Mary, Mary, MARY!
How hideously offensive that you would attempt product placement on a pure and unsullied forum like this. Did you seriously think you'd get away with referring to your
quote:
sweet Dell laptop computer
without being called to task. And Dell? Not only does it rhyme with a bad place none of us would want to be called, but it ranked only 12th in a list of ethical laptop choices I hastily Googled. How could you sell out like this?

[ 27. November 2013, 17:46: Message edited by: Alban ]

--------------------
Whoever you are, wherever you go, Hophtrig is your friend!

Posts: 722 | From: Under a (long white) cloud | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hastily Googled eh? So you're not interested enough in being an ethical consumer to know this but just researched it so that you could get one up on another poster. Shame on you... [Disappointed]
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Alicïa
Shipmate
# 7668

I don't know what you have got against doing research, Lucia. I suppose you have an encyclopedia for a brain do you? Some of us have to find out about things we don't know, because we don't know, you know?

--------------------

roybart
Shipmate
# 17357

Alicia, I am appalled by your insensitivity. Surely you are familiar with Polymaths Disease, There are indeed people genetically formed so as to have encyclopedias in their brains. The effect of this is a never-ending cacophony of meaningless but highly detailed information. Combined with the inability to self-edit, this leads to constant spewing forth of said information in every possible situation, ruining relationships and usually resulting in social isolation, destitution and despair.

It is clear that Lucia is one of those rare victims of Polymaths Disease. Please, Alicia, have some compassion. This is, after all, a "Christian" discussion board. Amen.

--------------------
-- Roger Scruton

pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

- Posted      Profile for pimple   Email pimple   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And what, pray did Alicia do/say to deserve that, Roybart? I am sure that you realise from the netwide aghastitude your post has caused, just how smacked is the corporate silly naval gob. I'm surprised you haven't already posted pictures of your contrite self in sackcloth and clinker. How can you approach Christmas in such a graceless state?

--------------------
In other words, just because I made it all up, doesn't mean it isn't true (Reginald Hill)

pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

For goodness sake! Won't somebody forgive him? [Frown]

--------------------

Alicïa
Shipmate
# 7668

There are a lot of assumptions going on in this post of yours, Pimple. You seem to assuming that the lack of responses on the thread indicates an unwillingness to forgive Roybart when nothing could be further from the truth. The posters on this thread are actually a compassionate bunch, if a little easily offended which probably can't be helped in these circumstances.

People do have sensitivities you know and we're all really busy with the run up to Christmas it's only to be expected that we are busy elsewhere.

Quite frankly I am deeply offended by your suggestion that I should stop my christmas shopping immediately and apologise to Roybart - who has quite clearly misunderstood my intentions but since it is Christmas just this once I will say that I forgive Roybart for offending me and if we are being honest here, he has probably offended everyone on this thread including yourself but we're all grown ups here, perhaps given time we can move on and possibly learn from the experience.

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Are you really suggesting that we cannot take time out of our hectic schedules to show the milk of human kindness to a fellow human being in their time of desolation and despair? Shame on you! That may be your attitude, putting secular fulfilment before spiritual, but do not suppose we are all of the same ilk. My ilk is quite different.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Alban
Shipmate
# 9047

- Posted      Profile for Alban   Email Alban   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Your ilk is quite different, is it? You, who have waited until after Christmas to propose charity in the midst of chaos. As the most challenging period of the year has elapsed, your suggestions are now theoretical, you cannot be held to them, and they will be forgotten by next December.

--------------------
Whoever you are, wherever you go, Hophtrig is your friend!

Posts: 722 | From: Under a (long white) cloud | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

I am appalled that you should even suggest that my memory is so poor that I will have forgotten...

er.... hold on a minute. What was it you were suggesting I would have forgotten by next Christmas?

Not, of course, that Christmas is actually over yet. Do you not understand the concept of twelve?

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016