homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Offencesenslessness (Page 8)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Offencesenslessness
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oy! Who are you, and where do you get off thinking anyone is going to stop me from terrifying anyone, especially those people who have been here too damn long? I resent your implication that it only takes a few questions and a headshake of disapproval at the Pingu to silence me! Dear sir, I do not shut up that easily, oh no!

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh. And Where the hell have you been?

Nice of you to grace us with your presence. You start the Mafia thread and all of a sudden you are too good for us . Abandoning us at our hour of need--and if you look back at the last several posts, you will agree we are quite needy. *
And then you swan in here and demand the right to speak . Speak the hell up!

* I speak collectively, not individually.

[ 19. January 2014, 03:50: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Four months later, and I still get the same thing. I don't know about you, but, where I'm from, the usual greeting is "Hello. How are you today?" I see that you learned some other salutation, though; if I may, I'd suggest that you try something more along the lines of what I suggested. You might be surprised at the results!

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hello, how are you today?

And stop bringing up old stuff.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

Very well, thank you. My wife left me, my boss fired me, and my dog got run over by a truck. How are you?

Oh, wait, I forget, you're just observing taught social formalities, rather than actually caring. If you can't be bothered to make an effort and ask me, say, where I was during a long and no doubt interesting leave of absence, I don't see why you shouldn't just keep quiet and let those of us who have mastered the art of politeness chat amongst ourselves.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Now, then
Enough of this puling.
Even the cats next door are covering their ears.
Don't you have any self-respect?
You? Why am I asking.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Show off.
What do you think this is, the acrostic thread?
And to top it all, you end it with a question but no question mark.
This sloppiness is unworthy of the grandeur of this thread, which is, without question (and therefore un-needing of a question mark) second finest thread on the whole boards (second only to Everlasting Sentences).
Pull yourself together, woman, and pay a bit more attention to the quality of your posts.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Oh you try poking at an Ipad mini at a cafe in squinty darkness without a stylus. Effort? You don't know the effort that took. None of you do. All wrapped up in your selfish little words, do you see how I suffer? how I sacrifice? Of course not. But let one tiny piece of punctuation go astray,a nd suddenly I am center stage at Carnegie Hall.

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

You know, if you didn't complain so loudly about us pointing out your typos, we wouldn't do it so much. In the end, you have only yourself to blame. Nobody. But yourself. Don't blame us for your own foibles.

--------------------

The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I thought Kelly Alves was a college-educated person? Yet, she still makes vast grammatical mistakes and tries to blame others for her very human failings. Hmmph. It offends my sense of pure righteousness. It's difficult to deal with the likes of... ALL of you! I'm perfect and it pains me to share oxygen with inferior beings. Oh, the price I pay to being terrestrial bound.

--------------------
God gave me my face but She let me pick my nose.

Posts: 3451 | From: Tacoma, WA USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

I may make the occasional typographical flub here and there (" Vast?" [Roll Eyes] ), but at least I can follow rules, I would never think of bruising his needy little heart and ignoring his ample offensiveness. Please be more considerate in the future, and don't step over your offense-mates.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am offended on behalf of all long-legged people. Although blessed with short legs myself, I empathise with those whose physical anomalies result in an elongated stride. And yet there you are, telling them not to step over people. They can't help it, you prejudiced person! Their legs are simply made that way. It doesn't make them any less worthy of our pity and patronising platitudes. Not everyone can waddle.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oooh! Hark at you! 'I can waddle, you can't!' What a show off!

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm offended at myself. Really, I should be more kind to all and sundry, lest I become unsundered from the mortal coil.

--------------------

Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm offended that you're making this all about you. Really, I'm quite sure that Raptor Eye offers you a plethora of characteristics that you could have picked out to be offended by. And then you have to go and compound it all by using complicated words like "unsundered". We don't all carry the Oxford English Dictionary around in our heads you know!
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

Lucia, I'm offended that you didn't realize my semi-apology was directed at Kelly. My goodness, doesn't ANYONE on this planet understand me?

--------------------

no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am offended that Lucia had the termerity to make a post between two made by The5thMary, who could have been offended at her own self if she had not.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

You think you're pretty damn funny, don't you, buddy?

Don't you see that lucia's-- well admitted feeble post sandwiched between Mary's-- well, they aren't much better, tell the truth-- spared her from breaking protocol yet again and offending everyone living or dead?

Someone's always gotta put their two cents in.

--------------------

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am offended you mentioned cents. They are no more in Canada. I want nickels!

--------------------
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No, no, no prophet. Sixth word spelled incorrectly.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

And suddenly we're back to bad puns. Oh dear. Yes, jadies and lentlemen, goys and hurls, it's our favorite punster, the one who confuses wordplay and one-liners for cleverness! O the shame! O the humanity! How can we not be offended at such an assault on proper civilized use of communicative media? The Internet will not long bear your sins, nor the World Wide Web your outrages!

--------------------

Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just demonstrating your membership again of the spelling pedants club are you lilBuddha?

Damn, now I'm offended that stupid flood protection on the ship delays my post and Ariston weaseled his way in before me.

[ 22. January 2014, 15:58: Message edited by: Lucia ]

Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You lot want better effort? Leave better raw material. Comedic peasants.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So you criticize other people's raw material and then you give us only three sentences? That's outrageous. Then just to make it worse, your last sentence, "Comedic peasants" leaves it completely unclear whether you are calling people peasants at comedy or perhaps just say that these people are uncooth fools and you find that rather amusing. Either way, a very poor effort sir. I can give you a C- at best. Please redo and return.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Return? ITTWACWS. Only the Big Fella™ gets to do that. (But I guess you were just pushing nearer that 10,000 mark with your heretical nonsense).

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And someone who uses the term 'Big Fella' makes out he knows all about the heresies that offend others.......

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Extravagant and frivolous use of ellipses there. It's "dot dot dot", not morse code!

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Actually, it was "dot dot dot dot dot dot". Please get it right. [Disappointed]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Starbug, if you were keeping up, you would see that our learned penguin (and by learned I mean "pedantic and meddling") was demonstrating the correct way to form ellipses.

As tedious as it is, proper folk know when to graciously give space to unsolicited opinions.

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, you certainly know how to give unsolicited opinions, Kelly. I will sit at your feet and take notes.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We would prefer it if you kept your foot fetishes to yourself.

--------------------

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

What's this "we" business? Just because you are not into feet you don't necessarily speak for everyone. I'm sure somewhere amongst the crew there will be several who have quite a thing for feet...

(Note correct number of dots!)

goperryrevs
Shipmtae
# 13504

- Posted      Profile for goperryrevs   Author's homepage   Email goperryrevs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bully for you, Lucia.

But can we please give punctuation marks their correct names? An ellipsis is made of three full stops (or periods). Not 'dots'. Or shall we just start calling asterisks 'stars', tildes 'squiggles' and hashes 'noughts and crosses'?

--------------------
"Keep your eye on the donut, not on the hole." - David Lynch

Posts: 2098 | From: Midlands | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

- Posted      Profile for pimple   Email pimple   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Why not call a nasterisk a star, for heavens' sake? I have never seen a hymn book with the pedantic instruction "asterisked verses may be omitted". Why I can't even pronounce that without fear of losing my teeth period period period

--------------------
In other words, just because I made it all up, doesn't mean it isn't true (Reginald Hill)

Posts: 8018 | From: Wonderland | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

What in heaven's name is a "nasterisk"? Is it something dirty? I am offended before I know what it is because it sounds dirty!

--------------------
\_(ツ)_/

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

I am flabbergasted that, although as the etymology of the word "nasty + risk" makes quite clear there are dangers involved, you should take umbrage at anything in which consenting adults involve themselves. Stick to the noughts and crosses, bro.

--------------------

Below the Lansker
Shipmate
# 17297

- Posted      Profile for Below the Lansker     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:

* I speak collectively, not individually.

[Disappointed]

Oh dear, oh deary, deary me ...

Still hearing the voices, Bun-buns?

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

Well shiver me timbers, lookie here what the cat dragged in. First Starbug and, as if that weren't enough, you. Am I going to have to listen to another round of bad BLT jokes from Bovine Bodhisatva again, all thanks to you?

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

On behalf of cat lovers everywhere, I resent the suggestion that cats would drag in anything tasteless [Disappointed]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

How can a flightless bird claim to speak on behalf of cat lovers? They are completely different species. I, too, am offended on behalf of the cat lovers, despite despising them because they love those horrible feline furbags!

And as for the washing machine person, I suppose I should be grateful for being lumped in with the Singing Siddhartha, or whatever his name is. Pah! I care nothing for your name-dropping. To quote St Midge of Ure, it means nothing to me, oh Vienna. [Disappointed]

[ 24. January 2014, 16:09: Message edited by: Starbug ]

--------------------

Below the Lansker
Shipmate
# 17297

- Posted      Profile for Below the Lansker     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you, Frigidaire, for your effusive welcome, expertly hidden as ever under your faux nonchalance. And dearest little Tweetie, you're bang on the button, so to speak, this time the cat has not dragged in anything tasteless at all. C'est moi! (and just in time, from what I have been reading ...)
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Hmm... what was that cat playing at? Look, I know Starbug is indeed a shining example of a bug - irritating in the extreme - but even bugs have a right not to be ignored on this thread. Play the game, will you, lanky.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Below the Lansker
Shipmate
# 17297

quote:
Originally posted by Smudgie:
... Starbug is indeed a shining example of a bug - irritating in the extreme ...

By far the worst thing you can do to an irritating itch is scratch it, Tweets. If I were to acknowledge every contributor to the thread, we would be here forever. By drawing attention to the fact that I have only engaged with my very special friends (i.e., the power-crazed in-crowd), you have inadvertently highlighted the lowly status of the rest of the hoi-polloi. Noblesse oblige and all that - you have rather let the side down by flaunting your special status.
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

"Power-crazed in-crowd?" Moi? Why, are any of those things true? As Budhette would no doubt point out, people have to like you for you to be in the in-crowd, and I think Bun-Bun is keeping an especially close eye on me after that incident with a bottle of Fernet Branca, a giraffe, two potted tomato plants, and the "delete ship" button.

Also, you're supposed to have pity and solicitude for the crazy mad scientist types. Would you like a job as my minion?

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Honestly, Aristonandonandon, you're supposed to be a host and yet you go letting me down, firstly by posting in a foreign language without translation, which you know is against the rules, and then by trying to poach my minions.

Get your own.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Mad scientist type? You are more like a mad puppy. Kels needs to keep you on a leash in order to prevent you weeing all over other boards, though she has been remiss lately.
And Smudgie, one does not poach minions, one sautés them with shallots and a port wine reduction.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

You say that as if there is only one authorised way to enjoy a minion. Whatever happened to creativity and originality? If Smudgie wants to indulge in a little poaching so what? As long as she is not stealing them from me in the dead of night I don't see any problem with that.
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

Oh, dear. Lucia is a Smudgie-apologist! Hmmph! This is beyond the pale. I'm offended that the flightless one is getting succor when no one ever wants to help me...

Didn't P.T. Barnum once say, "There's a succor born every minute?" [Big Grin]

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

How could you bring up Barnum, famous for having crowds stare at unusual people? [Disappointed]

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

What ship-people produce in Technicolor yawns is not an appropriate topic for those of us not blessed with the eyes of a predatory bird.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016