homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » The Professional's Dream: what's your version?

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: The Professional's Dream: what's your version?
Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

- Posted      Profile for Galloping Granny   Email Galloping Granny   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've had three versions:
I'm in a classroom; it's not a familiar or very convenient one, the kids are there, and beginning to romp around, and I have no material and no idea what I was going to teach them today.
I'm in the pulpit with no sermon and no idea what I meant to talk about.
I've had a bunch of Scottish Country Dancers waiting to begin (yes, I was an instructor for many years) and can't remember a single dance.

Who's been there?

GG

--------------------
The Kingdom of Heaven is spread upon the earth, and men do not see it. Gospel of Thomas, 113

Posts: 2629 | From: Matarangi | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I go back through my degrees, and am living a horror of.... Discovering I have an exam today, and I have not studied. In fact, I forgot to attend any lectures in this subject. Then, in my dream, I jump forward a few years, and tell myself, I must be dreaming because my thoughts are about an early degree, and I am passed that age now... Doing a later degree, and then I am in the pulpit and can't remember my sermon, and then I realise my ordination was invalid for some reason.
And then I wake up.
I am no longer studying anymore, and my ordination is valid! But the dream persists.

--------------------
"May I live this day… compassionate of heart" (John O’Donoghue)...

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kaplan Corday
Shipmate
# 16119

- Posted      Profile for Kaplan Corday         Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Galloping Granny:
I've had three versions:
I'm in a classroom; it's not a familiar or very convenient one, the kids are there, and beginning to romp around, and I have no material and no idea what I was going to teach them today.
I'm in the pulpit with no sermon and no idea what I meant to talk about.
I've had a bunch of Scottish Country Dancers waiting to begin (yes, I was an instructor for many years) and can't remember a single dance.

Who's been there?

GG

I haven't taught in a school (as opposed to lecturing in a Bible college) for twenty-six years, but I still have dreams in which exams are imminent and I have only got through a fraction of the course.

I haven't been in the army for forty-two years, but I had a dream the other night in which I couldn't find my equipment or uniform.

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Galloping Granny:
Who's been there?

Who hasn't?
[Ultra confused]

I have the unprepared teacher dream too, also the didn't-go-to-class-all-semester dream. I think I've misplaced my baby at times, too. Don't think I've misplaced my husband yet, but it's just a matter of time.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am about to give birth. I have not seen a doctor during this pregnancy, or made any arrangements about where the birth will take place. I am in a phone booth trying to find a hospital that will admit me.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
crunt
Shipmate
# 1321

- Posted      Profile for crunt   Author's homepage   Email crunt   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
One that I haven't had for years sees me trying to hold it together in a restaurant with no cutlery or food (I'm supposed to be serving). Another has me realising that I have a huge paper due for a course I had forgotten that I was enrolled in.

--------------------
QUIZ: Bible
QUIZ: world religions
LTL Discussion
languagespider.com

Posts: 269 | From: Up country in the middle of Malaysia | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Turning up at the (totally unknown to me) organ having been told the wrong Mass Setting, wrong hymn book, and wrong numbers anyway...

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have these every month or so:

wrong classroom, wrong kids, wrong textbooks
last page of sermon missing
singing a complicated piece of music e.g. the Easter Exsultet - the last page is missing

I take it as a message to trust my experience - that I can 'wing it' successfully.

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Much like Japes, I have the unknown organ and missing or wrong music dreams. Sometimes the console has no "On" switch, and it's usually so dark I can't see the music.

I think these qualify as nightmares!

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thought I did not have one but realised mine is always about starting to study. I am in a new building and I cannot find the classroom I am supposed to be in.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

- Posted      Profile for Nenya     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am approaching my degree Finals and there's a large piece of coursework I haven't done. I can't decide whether to go to the professor in question and talk about it or ignore it and hope no one notices. I had this dream only last night and the relief on waking up is amazing.

One I used to have is that I am waiting in the wings just before a stage entrance and suddenly realise I have not learned any lines. I never was an actress but used to do a lot of amateur stuff.

Nen - likes it when reality is better than dreams.

--------------------
They told me I was delusional. I nearly fell off my unicorn.

Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

- Posted      Profile for Leorning Cniht   Email Leorning Cniht   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I don't think I've had any dreams that I can't do my job in some way. On the other hand, I have had vivid dreams about doing some thing that I was planning to do, so that the next day I am convinced that I have already done X because I have such a clear memory of it.
Posts: 5026 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
cattyish

Wuss in Boots
# 7829

- Posted      Profile for cattyish   Email cattyish   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Not about work, but much more about driving which I have to do for work and which has never been my favourite thing. Last time the police were chasing me and I pulled in and hid in a derelict farmhouse, but they brought dogs and were going to do me some damage. I was glad to wake up.

This dream might supply the premise for my next NaNoWriMo novel.

Cattyish, not actually on the run.

--------------------
...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived, this is to have succeeded.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1794 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've gone to see a musical in the West End. It's one I was in at school so I know it well.

Five minutes before the start, an announcement is made that the lead and her understudy have just gone off sick. Is there anyone in the audience who can play the role?

Fortunately there is - me! So there's a delay while I get changed and ready.

Eventually the curtain goes up. And I realise it's actually a totally different show, and I don't know it. And everyone is waiting for me to say the first line.

Oh, and by the way, I'm naked.

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gill H:

But of course. And - given early morning bladdery mutterings - you are probably also looking for a loo, which invariably turns out to be situated in a very public and conspicuous location.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

- Posted      Profile for Adeodatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
When I was doing some amateur acting a few years ago, I had this one, very vividly -

I'd finished my day job and was going home before going to the theatre where we were performing. On opening the front door of my house, I was horrified to find all the scenery for the play stacked in my living room. Obviously, it was too heavy for me to move, so I ran to the theatre where the rest of the company were getting ready for the play, quite oblivious to the fact that all the scenery was at my house. I raced around from room to room trying to convince people to come and help me move the scenery to the theatre, but no-one would listen. As I heard the sound of the curtain going up (on an empty stage) I woke up in a cold sweat.

--------------------
"What is broken, repair with gold."

Posts: 9779 | From: Manchester | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Oscar P.
Shipmate
# 10412

- Posted      Profile for Oscar P.   Email Oscar P.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
In my pre retirement life I was a middle school teacher (ages 12-13). Every year, just before the start of classes, I would dream that I was trying to teach and none of the students would listen to me. Every attempt I made to get their attention or redirect their behavior resulted in being ignored or laughed at!

Interestingly, I still sometimes have this dream, especially when things get hectic and I'm feeling stressed. [Ultra confused]

Posts: 93 | From: Gateway to the West | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Palimpsest
Shipmate
# 16772

- Posted      Profile for Palimpsest   Email Palimpsest   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Bad dreams include running amateur theater tech where I've been asked to run lights for a show with many blackouts that I've never seen rehearsal or the script and am desperately speed reading the script to find the next cue imbedded in it.

Another one was doing a projection changeover on a film with some borrowed and complicated to use equipment. Someone runs up to the booth and yells "You skipped a reel". I ask "are you sure" and he says "I'm sure, I'm the director".

Sadly these dreams actually happened first in real life. They still come back in bed occasionally.

Posts: 2990 | From: Seattle WA. US | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The oh-no-I've-forgotten-to-put-any-clothes-on one.

That one was especially bad in the run up to my wedding, when I kept dreaming I was going down the aisle minus my wedding dress.

Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Usually towards the end of the night/near the time I need to get up, I dream about oversleeping so that there is zero possibility that I am going to be on time. It’s always rather a relief to really wake up and discover it’s only eight o’clock after all but the waking up twice thing is a bit disorienting.

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Bob Two-Owls
Shipmate
# 9680

- Posted      Profile for Bob Two-Owls         Edit/delete post 
I have a lot of PTSD related nightmares. My school one is where students are jabbing me with syringes and chanting "can't hit back, can't hit back". I also have one related to my previous work in nuclear safety where I am sat at my station when the alarm goes off. I look for my radiation suit and all I can find is Frank N Furter's outfit from the Rocky Horror Show. I almost die from radiation exposure while I am trying to get my makeup just right...

[ 26. January 2015, 09:34: Message edited by: Bob Two-Owls ]

TonyK

Host Emeritus
# 35

- Posted      Profile for TonyK   Email TonyK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm visiting a church I've never been to before to lead a service/preach/both.

The building is massive -about the size of a cathedral - with hundreds of different chapels/rooms/altars all up long flights of stairs. I don't know where I'm supposed to be; I'm late (held up in traffic or whatever); the service is supposed to start in the next two minutes and I've mislaid my case with my robes, service books, sermon etc.

And there's nobody to ask - or if there is they look at me as though I'm mad and just walk away.

I'm panicking!! Then I wake up...

I'm not a professional of course, just a volunteer. But I'm sure the feeling is the same...

--------------------
Yours aye ... TonyK

Posts: 2717 | From: Gloucestershire | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
In front of a group getting ready to speak and I realize I am not wearing pants. I think I incorporated a suggestion from somewhere and now have this as a recurrent semi-nightmare.

( I've often wondered if clergy might go pantless under cassocks on hot days. )

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Get a call. The church has lost all of my ordination paper work from 20 years ago so they are unsure if I am ordained. Funny thing is I am not concerned at all and think well that is their problem not mine.
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I dream a lot about missing flights. Probably because I have to fly too often for work.

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Two-Owls:
I have a lot of PTSD related nightmares. My school one is where students are jabbing me with syringes and chanting "can't hit back, can't hit back". I also have one related to my previous work in nuclear safety where I am sat at my station when the alarm goes off. I look for my radiation suit and all I can find is Frank N Furter's outfit from the Rocky Horror Show. I almost die from radiation exposure while I am trying to get my makeup just right...

Very sorry about the PTSD, but the Rocky Horror Show nightmare is fricking hilarious! [Killing me]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
quote:
Originally posted by Gill H:

But of course. And - given early morning bladdery mutterings - you are probably also looking for a loo, which invariably turns out to be situated in a very public and conspicuous location.
Aha, I was trying to think of a preschool teacher dream-- I do have occasional dreams that seem to be asking me how I would enjoy the corporate toilet arrangements that a lot of centers seem to feature. ( one room, four toilets, no partitions, for example. )
Otherwise, I have generic teacher dreams, like, I am roaming the halls ofmy old high school and enter a class I think I am attending, then realize I have graduated, am more likely teaching the class, and start looking for the lesson plan.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fredegund
Shipmate
# 17952

- Posted      Profile for Fredegund   Email Fredegund   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
In times of anxiety - ie all the b****y time:
I'm about to sit A level English and one of the set books is Tess of the D'Urbevilles. Only we've done Far from the Madding Crowd.
Crackers.
For the record - it really was Far from the Madding Crowd, and I got an A.
Can't see why it always has to be Hardy...

--------------------
Pax et bonum

Posts: 117 | From: Shakespeare's County | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged
Trudy Scrumptious

BBE Shieldmaiden
# 5647

- Posted      Profile for Trudy Scrumptious   Author's homepage   Email Trudy Scrumptious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My worst ever was during my first year teaching, when I felt unprepared and unprofessional all the time (to be fair, I actually WAS unprepared and unprofessional much of the time). At some point in the semester we were warned of the approaching visit of a Superintendent of Education who would sit in on one of our classes. I had a vivid dream that on the day in question, I was in the main office, clad in a very revealing lacy negligee, sprawled across the photocopier much as a rather tawdry lounge singer might sprawl across the lid of the piano, holding forth to a group of students in this unorthodox way when the superintendent walked in.

So that was pretty much all my teaching fears encoded into a single tidy dream.

--------------------
Books and things.

I lied. There are no things. Just books.

Posts: 7428 | From: Closer to Paris than I am to Vancouver | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Offeiriad

Ship's Arboriculturalist
# 14031

- Posted      Profile for Offeiriad   Email Offeiriad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mine can be summed up in four words:
Right time: wrong crematorium...

Posts: 1426 | From: La France profonde | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's closing time at the library and the customers won't leave.
I circle the building chivvying and more come in and it gets later and later.
This is a common panic dream for librarians I've found.

Like NEQ in the run up to my wedding I dreamed I was at the altar in my nightie.

And the dream when you're getting up and you're late then you actually wake up and do it all again, that's a familiar one too.

I sometimes dream I'm having a baby and when I wake I've got a tummy ache. Makes sense!

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have library ones where I suddenly discover I have a whole new room I didn't know I had.
I had a doolally of a one last night. I was having to take a sixth form group at short notice, with an OFSTED inspector in the room, while in the meantime deal with a hostage crisis in another part of the building. I know school life can be tough, but what's been stressing me out lately to that extent!

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
cosmic dance
Shipmate
# 14025

- Posted      Profile for cosmic dance   Email cosmic dance   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Fredegund:
In times of anxiety - ie all the b****y time:
I'm about to sit A level English and one of the set books is Tess of the D'Urbevilles. Only we've done Far from the Madding Crowd.
Crackers.
For the record - it really was Far from the Madding Crowd, and I got an A.
Can't see why it always has to be Hardy...

Thomas Hardy is a nightmare category all of his own.

--------------------
"No method, no teacher, no guru..." Van Morrison.

Posts: 233 | From: godzone | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am sitting at my desk with a huge pile of work that will take me at least two days to get through and it has to be finished today...

...wait, that one has come true!

Posts: 3958 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rowen:
I go back through my degrees, and am living a horror of.... Discovering I have an exam today, and I have not studied. In fact, I forgot to attend any lectures in this subject. ...

In mine I hadn't attended the lectures, because I missed the first one, and never found out where they had decided to move to.

Or, was that real?

Too long ago to remember.

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
While I was working as a verger, my work-related nightmare was that the procession was heading out and I wasn't vested yet. Interestingly enough, this was a version of a dream I used to have about being in choir: that the procession was moving and I wasn't vested yet. And now that I'm no longer a verger and I'm back in the choir, I sometimes have both versions.

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Not that Hosting is a profession, but I do have the occasional dream about hosting.

Last night I was trying to make sense of the Heaven threads, all of which looked remarkably like dominoes. The soundtrack was Beatles music. That's never happened before; my dream music is normally orchestral.

Thanks ever so much, those of you posting on the Most Important Band thread. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
mark_in_manchester

not waving, but...
# 15978

- Posted      Profile for mark_in_manchester   Email mark_in_manchester   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I used to take care of some Statutory Legal Requirements for a well-known UK Christian Arts festival. Some years, it was rather stressful. I still occasionally get dreams where it is Monday - the last day - and I realise I have forgotten to take any measurements, and have no idea whether we have complied .

--------------------
"We are punished by our sins, not for them" - Elbert Hubbard
(so good, I wanted to see it after my posts and not only after those of shipmate JBohn from whom I stole it)

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sarasa:
I have library ones where I suddenly discover I have a whole new room I didn't know I had.

Heh. I had library patron dreams when I was a kid, about discovering a new shelf which held several previously unpublished volumes of the Narnia series. Those were great dreams.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
cliffdweller
Shipmate
# 13338

- Posted      Profile for cliffdweller     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
quote:
Originally posted by Sarasa:

Heh. I had library patron dreams when I was a kid, about discovering a new shelf which held several previously unpublished volumes of the Narnia series. Those were great dreams.
Oh, I want that dream! Maybe there's a wardrobe/ painting/ ring that will get us there?

--------------------
"Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Don't be afraid." -Frederick Buechner

Posts: 11242 | From: a small canyon overlooking the city | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dang. I want those dreams too. Though if you never get to actually READ them, perhaps it's a nightmare after all.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Timothy the Obscure

Mostly Friendly
# 292

- Posted      Profile for Timothy the Obscure   Email Timothy the Obscure   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I regularly have the one about being in school and suddenly realizing it's the end of the term and there was a class I forgot to go to--but everybody has that one.

I also have one about being on stage with a band of complete strangers, being expected to play lead guitar on a song I've never heard before.

And I once had a dream about being in my office, waiting for my first therapy client to show up, and suddenly realizing I forgot to put any clothes on before coming to work (In the dream, I immediately started thinking about which of my clients could cope with a naked therapist, and figuring out how to cancel the others).

--------------------
When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion.
  - C. P. Snow

Posts: 6114 | From: PDX | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For tidiness' sake, I'm closing this dream thread and referring you all to the other one, as they're starting to become somewhat similar.

[Leaps onto cloud and floats away, leaving thread locked]

Ariel
Heaven Host

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016