homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Earliest memories (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Earliest memories
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And Farley's rusks. I brought some when my son was little and the taste took me straight back to my early years.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I remember being at my grandmother's house and her bathing and then drying me, holding me shile she sat on the floor of the bathroom on a rug. I am pretty sure I was not walking yet. My mother says I began walking about one year old, so...

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I remember being verrry little. Maybe three or four. My family was taking a trip to Bethany Beach, Delaware for my dad's side of the family reunion. My father drove a big ol' Chrysler station wagon and I had to sit up front between my dad and mom. My oldest sister and her best friend got to ride in the very back in these cool side facing seats and hang their legs out the back window. We got to Bay Bridge in Maryland and had to wait for some boats or something (it's a drawbridge or was, at that time in the early 1970's). We all got out to stretch our legs and my mother offered to hold me up so I could look waaaaay down at the water. I cried and struggled because I was afraid of heights but didn't know it. I was also afraid she would drop me or throw me over the side of the bridge. Because she had been drinking at lunch and she and my dad were very unpredictable when they drank alcohol. Geez, what a memory! [Frown]

--------------------
God gave me my face but She let me pick my nose.

Posts: 3451 | From: Tacoma, WA USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I also remember when my mother patiently taught me to tie my shoes for the first time. It seemed so mysterious but she let me fumble my way through it and when I got the hang of it, she hugged me and told me how proud she was.

--------------------
God gave me my face but She let me pick my nose.

Posts: 3451 | From: Tacoma, WA USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
Timothy the Obscure

Mostly Friendly
# 292

- Posted      Profile for Timothy the Obscure   Email Timothy the Obscure   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I remember riding my tricycle down the gravel country road we lived on, to play with my cousins who lived about a quarter-mile away. I wasn't allowed to do this, but my mother was too busy to take me there, and I got tired of waiting. The clearest part of the memory is how hard it was to pedal a very small tricycle through those large chunks of gravel. I was 3 or 4 years old. I have a vaguer memory of getting in big trouble for this, but mostly the memory is of feeling powerful and autonomous.

--------------------
When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion.
  - C. P. Snow

Posts: 6114 | From: PDX | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
bib
Shipmate
# 13074

- Posted      Profile for bib     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We left England to live in Australia when I was 2 years old. Before leaving I apparently spent quite a lot of time at my grandparents' house in Liverpool. I have no memory of life in England, but on returning for the first time as an adult in 1991 I stood outside my grandparents' house and found that I could visualise every room in their house. I had obviously imprinted a visual memory which I think is my earliest memory

--------------------
"My Lord, my Life, my Way, my End, accept the praise I bring"

Posts: 1307 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
teddybear
Shipmate
# 7842

- Posted      Profile for teddybear   Author's homepage   Email teddybear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have a very faint memory of my mother offering me her breast to nurse. it is just brief flash in my mind.

--------------------
My cooking blog: http://inthekitchenwithdon.blogspot.com/

Posts: 480 | From: Topeka, Kansas USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Scott's emulsion, too.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016