homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Happy Triskaidekaphobia Day!

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Happy Triskaidekaphobia Day!
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's Friday the 13th. Do you have any stories of "unlucky" occurrences that happened to you or somebody you knew on this artificially auspicious day?

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lord Jestocost
Shipmate
# 12909

- Posted      Profile for Lord Jestocost   Email Lord Jestocost   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
It's Friday the 13th. Do you have any stories of "unlucky" occurrences that happened to you or somebody you knew on this artificially auspicious day?

Picked up the keys to my flat on Friday 13th December 1991. Still live there, and a slightly too large bachelor pad is now a slightly too small family home.

I should add that this is of course a *good* thing ...

[ 13. March 2015, 12:49: Message edited by: Lord Jestocost ]

Posts: 761 | From: The Instrumentality of Man | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In 1993, I was given a brand new car on Friday the thirteenth! The very next F-t-T, my still new car was parked in front of my house, and the neighbor across the street backed right into it. (In fact, the car was in five different wrecks in different places, all while not moving, and in most cases, the engine was not running.)

Other than that, I turned thirteen years old on Friday the Thirteenth! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I read once that, in India, 13 can mean "giving to all". Nice difference.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
I turned thirteen years old on Friday the Thirteenth! [Big Grin]

I dare not comment
[Devil]

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by balaam:
quote:
I turned thirteen years old on Friday the Thirteenth! [Big Grin]

I dare not comment
[Devil]

Aren't you supposed to respect your Elders? [Razz]
Even if it's only a matter of hours?

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think you will find, BTW, that it is Frigatriskaidekaphobia that is a fear of Friday the 13th, whereas Triskaidekaphobia is just fear of the number 13.

This year is a nightmare for Frigatriskaidekaphobics, having two consecutive Friday 13ths so early in the year.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
In 1993, I was given a brand new car on Friday the thirteenth! The very next F-t-T, my still new car was parked in front of my house, and the neighbor across the street backed right into it. (In fact, the car was in five different wrecks in different places, all while not moving, and in most cases, the engine was not running.)

Other than that, I turned thirteen years old on Friday the Thirteenth! [Big Grin]

Wow, you're only thirteen?! Your picture makes you seem much...like Dorian Gray! [Two face]

--------------------
God gave me my face but She let me pick my nose.

Posts: 3451 | From: Tacoma, WA USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

Yeah! Thirteen plus thirteen plus thirteen...you get the picture! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was born on Friday the thirteenth, but I thought the thread was about fear of eating raw pork.
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Um, no, that would be rawporkophobia day.
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Or trichinosisophobia as it's called by the witches every Friday the 13th.

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016