homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » It's nearly Christmas, so sign up to Secret Santa! (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: It's nearly Christmas, so sign up to Secret Santa!
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Adrienne
Shipmate
# 2334

- Posted      Profile for Adrienne   Email Adrienne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Late to the party, I would like to sign up please! [Smile]
Posts: 977 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
cattyish

Wuss in Boots
# 7829

- Posted      Profile for cattyish   Email cattyish   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oops, just realised I hadn't signed up yet as I got called away when checking this thread at w**k.

I'm in and will send anywhere [Smile]

Cattyish, that's three things signed up for, what else is there?

--------------------
...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived, this is to have succeeded.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1794 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What're the other two?
(I've missed something somewhere).

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Still time to sign up? If so, count me in too!

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks for all the work you are putting in to this, St. G.

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've had cattyish's pm, but there's still some missing, including Adrienne and Churchgeek. Could you please pm me with your names and addresses, etc? Meanwhile, there's only a couple of days left to sign up. [Frown]

--------------------

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Adrienne
Shipmate
# 2334

- Posted      Profile for Adrienne   Email Adrienne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
PM sent!
Posts: 977 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Our finances are limited--are there any fellow US-ians to send stuff to, if we can do this?

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm in. Thanks for all the work St Gwladys.

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

quote:
Originally posted by ChastMastr:
Our finances are limited--are there any fellow US-ians to send stuff to, if we can do this?

Yes, of course! I ask Santas if they wish to send within their own continent or are happy to send further afield. I try and ensure that anyone who is asked to send to a Santee on a different continent gets a Santa from a different continent.

--------------------

St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

3 days left to sign up.. - I'll close the list on Sunday, so if you wish to get involved, please send me a pm. [Smile]

--------------------

ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Info sent!

--------------------

CuppaT
Shipmate
# 10523

- Posted      Profile for CuppaT   Email CuppaT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just in the St. Nick of time!

--------------------
Stand at the brink of the abyss of despair, and when you see that you cannot bear it any longer, draw back a little and have a cup of tea.
~Elder Sophrony

Posts: 919 | From: the edge of the Ozarks | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

2 days...

--------------------

St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

quote:
Originally posted by St. Gwladys:
So far, we have:
Dormouse
Surfing madness
JB
Motherboard
Graven Image
Brenda Clough
Kelly Alves
Marzipan
Roseofsharon
Heavenly anarchist
Jane R
Ferijen
Elaine C
Mrs Shrew
Sarasa
St. Everild
Rowan
Patdys
Smudgie

ArachnidinElmet
South Coast Kevin
Emendator Liturgis
The Weeder
Mamacita
Leaf
Cottontail
North East Quine
Sophs
Quoheleth
Gill H
Hugal
Chocoholic
Cathscars
Luvanddaisies
Cattyish
Adrienne
Churchgeek
Huia
ChastMastr
CuppaT

Still time to sign up! If you want to join the fun, please post and send me a pm. [Smile]

One more day left to sign up - I will be starting to match up Santas and Santees and will begin to send Santee details next week.

--------------------

luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
40 shipmates to herd, Gwladys, no mean task! - thanks again for organising this. Very excited to find out who I get to send something to [Yipee]

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

I and Quakercub are basically doing this as one unit, by the way

--------------------

St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

The secret Santa list is now closed. I will try and get details of your Santees out this week. [Yipee]

--------------------

St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

I thought I had one list sorted and have sent a few details out but have now realised I've made a mistake and have to rearrange some of the transatlantic swops. [Confused] The details I've sent are OK, it might take another day to finish sorting them out. Please be patient!

--------------------

The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I always enjoy Secret Santa- thanks for putting in all the hard work, St. G.

--------------------
Still missing the gator

St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

First installment of (hopefully) correct Santees sent out. Please post or pm me when you have sent your gift and when you have recieved a gift, so that I can keep track. You don't have to open your gift or say what it is, but we all like to know!

--------------------

marzipan
Shipmate
# 9442

- Posted      Profile for marzipan   Author's homepage   Email marzipan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
yay! time to shop

--------------------
formerly cheesymarzipan.
Now containing 50% less cheese

Posts: 917 | From: nowhere in particular | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ferijen
Shipmate
# 4719

- Posted      Profile for Ferijen   Email Ferijen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've not received anything yet about Secret Santee St G, wouldn't nudge apart from the fact its been a day since you said you'd done it so I wonder if I'm looking in the right place?

Yours in massive [Overused] at the logistical arrangements [Smile]

Posts: 3259 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

I've sent the transatlantic/intercontinental ones first - I've now matched up the ones for the same continent and wil be sending them out before the end of the week. [Yipee]

--------------------

luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

Got my santee - thank you St G.
[Smile]

--------------------

St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

All Santee details now sent out [Yipee]
If you haven't recieved a pm, please contact me.
Right! Get shopping and sending!

--------------------

Cottontail

Shipmate
# 12234

- Posted      Profile for Cottontail   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have been incredibly organised for once, and the parcel has been sent. Surface mail, so I hope it arrives in time.

Thanks again, St Gwladys. [Smile]

--------------------
"I don't think you ought to read so much theology," said Lord Peter. "It has a brutalizing influence."

Posts: 2377 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Think present is sorted. A few things to do and then it will be on its way, probably next weekend assuming I can nab a passing penguin or elf.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

[Eek!] You people are so organised. I feel like a failure [Frown]

--------------------

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am shipping on Monday. Tell me what the proper procedure is -- should I enclose a card? The parcel has to have a return address, for the postal people -- should I put my name on? I could always use my cat's.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

It's nice to include a card, and it might be more of a surprise if you put your cat's name! Can you let me know when you have posted - either by posting on the thread or by pm. Please also post when you have recieved your gift from your Santa. I keep a record of who's posted, and who's recieved. [Smile]

--------------------

Chocoholic
Shipmate
# 4655

- Posted      Profile for Chocoholic     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Should we be doing this soon or can we wait till nearer the time?

Choccie (a last minute shopper)

Posts: 773 | From: London | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leaf
Shipmate
# 14169

- Posted      Profile for Leaf     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Depends where you're sending to, I think. If overseas, it can take three or four weeks for your package to arrive. If your recipient is nearer, and your national postal service reasonably reliable, you have more time at your disposal.

For example, Canada Post wants overseas packages to Europe (they don't have a separate category for UK!) sent by December 1.

[ 16. November 2014, 03:01: Message edited by: Leaf ]

Posts: 2786 | From: the electrical field | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mine went into the post today.

--------------------

Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There was no time for play.
This was no time for fun.
This was no time for games.
There was postin' to be done.
All that deep,
Deep, deep mail,
All that mail had to go.
As my package went
Down to the Post office and away,
I said, "somebody has to
send these gifts away.
Somebody, SOMEBODY
Has to, you see."
Then I picked out two presents.
fun and silly.

(My gifts are on order and soon to be sent, the credit card states some money well spent).

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bought, wrapped, packed and ready to go...I just need to haul my arse to the PO. Probably on Friday. Wot fun! I'm taking part in THREE Christmas swaps/Secret Santas this year and I love geting prezzies! [Yipee]

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

(anxiously surveying mail box)

--------------------

St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

Brenda, I start this early so that most people get their gifts by Christmas - or at least by Epiphany!

--------------------

Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A present should be winging it's way westward as I type. Well I took it to the Post Office today which is a start.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have taken the present I am sending to the Post shop twice and left out important bits - like the address - sigh

Trying again on Monday.

Huia - a bear of very little brain

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Present/Gift - Check.
Signed my life away to Post Office - Check.
Australian Postal hamster swimming it across the ocean - Check.

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

Ours is on its way from the faraway place it comes from--to make sure it got there on time, we asked for it to be wrapped with a note and sent directly. And despite its distance, we did keep within the price limit--we lucked out! I shan't say more about it. [Biased]

--------------------

CuppaT
Shipmate
# 10523

- Posted      Profile for CuppaT   Email CuppaT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I may have been the last to sign up, but I think I am the first to be surprised! I was utterly amazed to see a box addressed to me in the mailbox this afternoon. Thank you, Secret Santa! I will wait until Christmas to open the little gift, but the tea pot spoon is very sweet.

--------------------
Stand at the brink of the abyss of despair, and when you see that you cannot bear it any longer, draw back a little and have a cup of tea.
~Elder Sophrony

Posts: 919 | From: the edge of the Ozarks | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The gift is on its way, much to the cats disappointment who was sure after all her "help" in wrapping it that it must be for her.
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
French elves have just taken charge of the parcel. It's up to them now. I hope the recipient likes the contents (I forgot to put the chocklit in. oops)

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
ElaineC
Shipmate
# 12244

- Posted      Profile for ElaineC   Email ElaineC   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Parcel posted yesterday.

Parcel received also yesterday.

(Apologies for not posting earlier, been in bed with a bug)

--------------------
Music is the only language in which you cannot say a mean or sarcastic thing. John Erskine

Posts: 464 | From: Orpington, Kent, UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Cottontail

Shipmate
# 12234

- Posted      Profile for Cottontail   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
While I was out, the elves sneakily pushed a slim little parcel through my letterbox. First present of the season - and the the tree isn't even up yet to put it under! [Yipee]

--------------------
"I don't think you ought to read so much theology," said Lord Peter. "It has a brutalizing influence."

Posts: 2377 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

I have sorted my offering and got some lovely wrapping paper. I hope to have it posted tomorrow.

--------------------
Still missing the gator

marzipan
Shipmate
# 9442

- Posted      Profile for marzipan   Author's homepage   Email marzipan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Parcel is ready to be dispatched tomorrow :-)

--------------------
formerly cheesymarzipan.
Now containing 50% less cheese

Posts: 917 | From: nowhere in particular | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016