homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Possible Edinburgh ship-meet 3rd/4th February (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Possible Edinburgh ship-meet 3rd/4th February
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cottontail:
Vittoria's has been booked - a table for 4 at 12 noon on Weds 4th. See you all there. [Smile]

Thanks very much, Cottontail - I'm really looking forward to meeting all of you.

[Smile]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just to let you know - the piglet has landed! Arrived safely in Edinburgh yesterday afternoon, and now having done quite a lot of sleeping, am beginning to feel like myself again.

God, Lothian Buses and my internal sat-nav willing, I'm looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow at Vittoria's.

[Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Just dropping into this thread to say a huge thank-you to Cottontail, NEQ and Wet Kipper for a very enjoyable ship-meet. Good food and good company - what more could you ask?

Thank you all.

[Smile]

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And thank you for coming and giving us an excuse to meet.
I had a lovely time, and even managed to bump into another Shipmate on the way home.

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cottontail

Shipmate
# 12234

- Posted      Profile for Cottontail   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Agreed, Piglet - excellent company and excellent food. Lovely to see everyone.

--------------------
"I don't think you ought to read so much theology," said Lord Peter. "It has a brutalizing influence."

Posts: 2377 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Glad a good time was had. Sorry to have missed you all.

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Posts: 10567 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It was excellent. Lovely to meet you, Piglet!
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, between having lunch with Cottontail at Vittoria last week and bumping into Wet Kipper at Waverley Station yesterday on my way home from down south, I feel that I got as close as I possibly could to attending the shipmeet without actually being there on the day. Piglet will just have to come back and have another shipmeet another time [Smile]

Hope the rest of your trip is fabulous, piglet.

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Thanks, JtL - so far, so good. Nice wee trip up to Orkney, and v. enjoyable celebration of Dad's 90th birthday with family. I'm back in Edinburgh now until Tuesday very early morning, then heading home via Heathrow and Halifax, Nova Scotia.

Will have to arrange another meet sometime! [Smile]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016